• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Hey Mitchel how's progress? Are you still on this? =)
He lost the rom the first time which is why he let the first thread die. He said to me that he was working to reinsert everything. That was before this thread started. Now ask yourself this, would he make a new thread then reinsert everything if he was just going to let his hack die? My guess is that he either lost the rom again, is still inserting some old stuff, taking a break, or getting caught up on some boring stuff like debugging.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
He lost the rom the first time which is why he let the first thread die. He said to me that he was working to reinsert everything. That was before this thread started. Now ask yourself this, would he make a new thread then reinsert everything if he was just going to let his hack die? My guess is that he either lost the rom again, is still inserting some old stuff, taking a break, or getting caught up on some boring stuff like debugging.
Yeah that might be true, that's why I asked =)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I'm sorry the poor guy lost the ROM the first time around. It really sucks when that happens, especially if you don't have any backups, like IPS patches. Who knows, he might just be taking a vacation. (ROM hacking is hard. And complicated. To be frank, I'm not sure how he's doing all of this. I have trouble with battle scripts. :\ And here he is doing ASM! Which is at least twice as hard!)

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Quick information about Dark cry: the legend of giratina.

I want to thank all supporters who has stand and believe in dark cry: the legend of giratina till the day of today!

I won't let you people down so I won't cancel this project! A few things in my life has been difficult so I didn't had the time to work on my project.

Currently working on some annoying bugs and some new neat features!
So.... Keep an eye on this thread.
Thanks for reading and the great support!

cheers
-------------------
Mitchel1

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
This hack features really nice graphics; I really like the pallette change for the day/night system.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
I always really liked this game has incredible graphics, scripts, and new systems that you are deploying leave the game more attractive and more interesting for the players, I see this as one of the best hack of the last year, I hope you continue working with this quality.

Years
I thought it was the end of Dark Cry.
Well forget that,
Mitchel1 is back with His hack.
I'll keep my eyes on this thread from now on.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
I thought it was the end of Dark Cry.
Well forget that,
Mitchel1 is back with His hack.
I'll keep my eyes on this thread from now on.

No it won't be the end, we currently working on some new features and scripts.

I always really liked this game has incredible graphics, scripts, and new systems that you are deploying leave the game more attractive and more interesting for the players, I see this as one of the best hack of the last year, I hope you continue working with this quality.

Hehe thanks Wesley, I didn't knew you though this was the best hack for the last year haven't you see your own hack? Its brilliant be proud on it =3

This hack features really nice graphics; I really like the pallette change for the day/night system.
Wow this will be a great rom :D nice work mitchel1

Thanks ^^

...:[highlight]Freak'n Update Time[/highlight]:...:
p_poppo.gif

Anyhow you might thinking: Wth? this hack has been in devolpment for over 2 ****ing years!? when does he going to release it?! Well don't worry we are really near alpha 1.0, every time I wanted to release it I had some neat new features in my head that I wanted to inplant first :P There is only a short to do list left before the official release of alpha 1.0

DC now contains seasons and in-battle pallet change. I want to thank mindfreak for keeping me up-to-date of the many new fantastic features I missed. Many old scripts has been updated and alot...alot...of new scripts scripted.

Well lets go to the updates shall we? This time it includes only the season and the in-battle changes!

:...:[highlight]Credits[/highlight]:...:
Mindfreak: His resource and routline for seasons/in-battle
Morris: Hammer/Pickaxe OW
prime-dialga: DNS tool

:...:[highlight]Screenshots[/highlight]:...:

Seasons!
at the moment only winter:
282qs2e.png
SeasonsTEST.png

In-battle changes! D/N pokémon change!
screen5.png
screen4.png

screen1.png
screen2.png

screen6.png
screen3.png

New mini-game working! (Fixed!)
22062011daynightandseas.png

Well thats all I wanted to release for today, I hope you liked it!
---------------------------
Mitchel1

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Mitchel my friend! ^^

You've impressed me with the new update, I absolutely love these updates! <3
I really hope for the alpha soon. Good luck!

P.S - Don't get any new features in your head! I want to play it! :D

Years
Awesome! Winter is my favorite, It's good to see season change in this Game.
Those Battle BG are very nice.
I am really what to play it now but have to wait a little while.
Hope it come soon.
Good Luck mate.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
HAMMER! :D
Anyways awesome update :D
Winter looks cool and from the looks of second screen we'll have grass covered in snow, nice :D Will snows stay even if we step on it or it'll be like Route 113 in R/S/E? :)

Alexandzoroark

I'm tHe BesT
Years
Wow

Wow, the Day, night and seasons is incredible. This rom is fantastic.

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Last edited:

jvpski3

Banned
Years
From what I see........ OMG!!! VERY NICE!!! I LIKE IT!!! Will there be a(n) beta?

Also ... What tools did you use? I'd like to see them, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

odoodo

School Kid
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
woah! outstanding update and the tiles looks great as ever!! ooooooo i can't wait for the alpha!!! XD

Back