• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
OK first things first: Welcome to Femme Fatale, Fuyuhiko and Dr.Kotov!

Now, onto business (eesh am so behind lol)

Internally, I wish I can give them a taste of the pink pistol, as well. Realistically, I believe that equality and freedom of expression is a double-edged sword. If the LGBT community wants to be able to have the right to express themselves openly, then those who disagree with the LGBT lifestyle should be able to, as well.

Logically I agree, though it's not often that I can think logically when it comes to homophobes :P

Quick poll: Would you like to see what it's like to be the opposite orientation by taking on that role for a week? Say hypothetically you changed for a week.

Not really. Girls are the one thing I've never really been curious about. I know what lust feels like, I can't really imagine it'd feel a whole lot different lusting over a girl.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
How important is being queer for you, what do people primarily identify you as? And do you like that?
I don't think people identify me as it. They just kinda identify me as the weird guy. Like, people know (thank you, Facebook!) but it's not a big thing.

For instance, a few weeks ago, I was out with some people and the subject of girlfriends came up or something, and one of my friends turns to me and goes "But you're gay, right?" and I nodded. That's pretty much the only time my orientation has come up with friends.

Except Jedi_Amara when she came to visit. D:
Quick poll: Would you like to see what it's like to be the opposite orientation by taking on that role for a week? Say hypothetically you changed for a week.
I don't think so. I think it'd be rather boring, being into ~girls~

Shining Raichu

Years
Just a random question for y'all: Does anybody here go on AfterEllen or AfterElton.com? I have a lot of gay friends that can't get enough of them, but I just can't get into them.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I'd like to join please. I'm gay : )

And yes, I go on both of those sites for news from time to time.

Shining Raichu

Years
I'd like to join please. I'm gay : )

And yes, I go on both of those sites for news from time to time.

Welcome, Jubilation! I have to say, I've seen you around the boards and wondered when you would join us :)

And you've joined at a good time! Our wonderful new mod Alternative is going to update the list for us in the absence of our fearless leader.

And re: AfterEllen/Elton, which do you use? Because even though I should be on Elton, I feel like AfterEllen has more news for me lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Welcome, Jubilation! I have to say, I've seen you around the boards and wondered when you would join us

So we're a cult now? :( lol

...Just thinking about that makes me quiver in fear. -goes to jump off a bridge-

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
How important is being queer for you, what do people primarily identify you as? And do you like that?
Being what I am is a part of who I am as a whole, but it's not all that I am. Unfortunately, some people who know that I'm attracted to the opposite sex act like that's all I am, when that's really not a big part of my life. They make it into a bigger deal than I do.

Would you like to see what it's like to be the opposite orientation by taking on that role for a week? Say hypothetically you changed for a week.
Absolutely not. Just the thought of not being asexual is making me want to clean my skin raw. And I would have no idea what to do with myself if I was cis.

Does anybody here go on AfterEllen or AfterElton.com?
I don't. The only time that I read anything from those sites is when AfterElton talks about Glee.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I use Elton mainly too, though sometimes I might visit Ellen.

And thanks for letting me join the cult : D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I sometimes watch Ellen, only because it's usually the best thing on TV here at that time, which is normally 12pm or 5pm as a repeat, and even then it's only ever an old episode. Also tbh I don't think I've ever heard Ellen ramble on about her sexuality choices, unless she's talking about Portia, and even then she's kinda discreet about blurting it all out.

Quite the polite woman she is. :)

Shining Raichu

Years
I never miss an episode of Ellen, her show is just epic. And no, she doesn't talk much about her sexuality on the show because that would de-normalise it. She makes little jokes about it once in a while, but just for a chuckle, nothing major. She talks about Portia a lot, just like they are a regular married couple. Because they are.

I love that she's "being the change she wants to see in the world" as it were.

So we're a cult now? :( lol

LOL it did come out that way, didn't it? Like I'm stalking people thinking "he's next..."

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I know the last episode I watched she rambled on about how she went and bought loads of energy drinks and explained them all in detail. Like, 5 hour energy, 7 hour, energy and alcohol, just chill and other random things. And I thought pocket rockets were weird. :/

ELLEN IS INSPIRATIONAL SOMEWHAT! makes it on topic, ah yeah

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I apologize for not being too active lately

I really wouldnt. In a romantic and physical sense, I find the opposite sex to be disgusting (I hope I dont sound rude the way I said that, I mean I'm willing to be friends with anyone of any gender, but I wouldnt want to "date" someone of the opposite sex)

Just a random question for y'all: Does anybody here go on AfterEllen or AfterElton.com? I have a lot of gay friends that can't get enough of them, but I just can't get into them.
I dont but I have considered it. Could someone please tell me what both sites are like?

Hope you dont mind if I start my own little poll question, I tried to word it the best I can:
At what point in life did you come to realize you are [whatever sexual orientation you are]?
I mean I know that on some level most people know all their lives but for some there can be a more defining moment.

Last edited:

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
This is the first time I have heard about AfterEllen and AfterElton. What are they like?

At what point in life did you come to realize you are [whatever sexual orientation you are]?

When I was 9-10 I think. I mean, I wasn't told what gay meant. I didn't know anyone who was gay either. But I found myself fantasizing about guys, so yeah that has to be it. The time I finally accepted it was 16(?) and decided to come out at 17.

Shining Raichu

Years
www.afterellen.com and www.afterelton.com are partner sites that sort of act as news hubs and forums for the gay community. AfterElton caters for gay men, while AfterEllen is more directed toward lesbians. They're really good for support and I love what they're trying to do, but for some reason I can't make myself get into them, as much as I want to.

It's a funny story with me actually. I was about 12 or 13, because I was in Year 7. Everybody talks about how difficult it is for people to come to terms with the fact that they are gay - and they are scared of the attraction to the same sex and try to convince themselves that the are just bisexual at first until finally realise they're lying to themselves and have to relent. But I feel like I kind of cheated, because I went through none of that. I had no journey of self-acceptance. I remember it well; I was in the change rooms after a PE lesson and I saw one of the boys take his shirt off. Then that of course sent my hormones into crazy mode and I had to force myself to stop looking at him.

Then when I got out of the change room and had the presence of mind to realise what had just happened, my exact thought verbatim was "Huh. Alright then." and after that, I just sort of assumed I was gay and never gave it a second thought.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
When I was a kid, we would call each other gay and related slurs jokingly or when we wanted to express disapproval. We picked this up from our elders, and other kids at school did the same, so we thought it was normal at the time. A lot of us didn't even know what those words actually meant.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Uhhh, I never really had any doubts? XD Never went through that "fad bi" phase like most people I went to high school with.

When I was a kid, we would call each other gay and related slurs jokingly or when we wanted to express disapproval. We picked this up from our elders, and other kids at school did the same, so we thought it was normal at the time. A lot of us didn't even know what those words actually meant.

When I was in...3rd grade, this dude across the lunch table from me was like "I'mma tell you a secret, but you can't tell nobody okay? Gay...means happy." And that's all she wrote.

Years
Well i was apparently always a very 'gay' child x] while every other child my age was begging for the new action man i was throwing a tantrum to get a doll and pram, which when i got i took everywhere i went -.-
But i guess i was about 9-ish when i realized i liked boys because of a friend who knew way to much about sex than any 8 year old should, but like more other people i found out that i was called gay when i was 11 and i was in high school and i over heard the banter between everyone whilst we were changing for PE class.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
I'm not being a sympathy-wh*re. I'm just super annoyed. This happened today:
http://img42.imageshack.us/i/capturejpy.png/
They sound so not like 17 year olds, do they?

I'm Chetan. I think that they thought it was a big joke or something. I mean, I got a text from the Archit guy saying "Omg someone hacked your account, you're bi!!!" And I said "It was me you retard."
Then he said "Omg I'm not talking to you." A few minutes later he asked me the homework -_-

EDIT: Siddharth isn't really guy, or at least not out ;)

Back