The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Progressing ROM Hacks
FireRed Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old June 27th, 2011 (10:56 AM).
Frostbite's Avatar
Frostbite Frostbite is offline
Ace Trainer
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: New York
    Age: 24
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 721
    Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
    That's false. I imported each of those myself using the this page right here:
    http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnplatinum/sheet/18502
    Please don't acuse me of such things as I truly worked hard on everything I did. The cave palette I used was done to emulate the colors used by Manioulation in Sienna. If you'd like I can recolor them but don't go around acusing me of things.
    As much as I'd like to be wrong, my argument still holds merit. If you take a look a comparison of both screenshots from their respective games they are exactly identical right down to every little detail with respect to the placement of the lines on the backgrounds and their palettes.

    __________________

    Azure Horizons 2014
    ---
    [ Youtube ]

    Pokémon: Azure Horizons

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old June 27th, 2011 (11:51 AM). Edited June 28th, 2011 by Quilava's Master.
    Quilava's Master's Avatar
    Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
    Shattered Dreams '13
       
      Join Date: Jul 2007
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 694
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
      As much as I'd like to be wrong, my argument still holds merit. If you take a look a comparison of both screenshots from their respective games they are exactly identical right down to every little detail with respect to the placement of the lines on the backgrounds and their palettes.

      As I said in the VM, I maintain that I stole nothing from you but out of respect I'll change them anyways. Give me 15 minutes and I'll provide screenshots of the new battlegrounds.

      Edit: Sorry, I got preoccupied here's the new cave BG. The new indoors will be up in a few
      Edit2: The indoors are up. As you can see I'm more than able to import my own battlebackgrounds.
      __________________
      The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
        #78    
      Old June 28th, 2011 (12:23 PM).
      jbeeber95's Avatar
      jbeeber95 jbeeber95 is offline
      Miracle Painting
         
        Join Date: Dec 2007
        Location: Louisville, Kentucky
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 25
        It sucks that he had to do something like that to you :/. I like where this hack is going! I hope to give it a try after I play through half of the hacks I'm already playing!
        __________________


        ~Take a Melody; Simple as can be; Give it some words and; Sweet Harmony. Raise your voices; All day long now; Love grows strong now; Sing a melody of love; ooh love~
          #79    
        Old June 28th, 2011 (2:39 PM).
        Chimchar 9's Avatar
        Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
        (:
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: England, London
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 1,618
        To be honest Quilava Master, I think you should change them back. Because you've proved that you didn't steal, and you can insert them yourself.
        __________________
        Pokemon Green Diamond
        Status: cancelled
          #80    
        Old June 28th, 2011 (8:29 PM).
        Quilava's Master's Avatar
        Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
        Shattered Dreams '13
           
          Join Date: Jul 2007
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 694
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
          To be honest Quilava Master, I think you should change them back. Because you've proved that you didn't steal, and you can insert them yourself. ;)
          No, I respect Frostbite so I changed them.. I already proved I can do it myself and that I didn't steal them but I want to make sure there is absolutely no room for any further acusations. Besides I quite like the new indoor looks as well as the cave [although I want to change the background color to something else but nothing really matches].
          __________________
          The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
            #81    
          Old June 28th, 2011 (11:05 PM).
          Meri-tje's Avatar
          Meri-tje Meri-tje is offline
          Cute Pokémon FTW!
             
            Join Date: Jan 2011
            Age: 27
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 94
            I really can't wait to play the beta for this!
            Btw in the faq the release date still says 6.20.11
            (just pointing that out)

            I'm really going to be in trouble picking a starter
            As it happens treecko and cyndaquil are my favourite starters in their respective regions.
            If this is finished this could easily surpass everything I've seen in the past.
            Please keep it up!

            Aww no support bars yet.
            Oh well I'll just put it in my signature then
            __________________
            Supporter of:

            ~~Pokémon Lapis Lazuli~~
            Pokémon Shattered Dreams
            __Pokémon Tropical Blue__

            Ongoing Challenges:

            Elimination challenge
              #82    
            Old June 29th, 2011 (7:10 AM).
            Chimchar 9's Avatar
            Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
            (:
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: England, London
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 1,618
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
            No, I respect Frostbite so I changed them.. I already proved I can do it myself and that I didn't steal them but I want to make sure there is absolutely no room for any further acusations. Besides I quite like the new indoor looks as well as the cave [although I want to change the background color to something else but nothing really matches].
            Fair enough.
            Maybe the backround color could be Brown?
            __________________
            Pokemon Green Diamond
            Status: cancelled
              #83    
            Old June 29th, 2011 (8:20 AM).
            Quilava's Master's Avatar
            Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
            Shattered Dreams '13
               
              Join Date: Jul 2007
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 694
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
              Fair enough.
              Maybe the backround color could be Brown?
              I tried brown first and it just looked ugly. I was thinkning a dark purple but there is already too much purple in this hack.
              __________________
              The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                #84    
              Old June 29th, 2011 (1:15 PM).
              Logan's Avatar
              Logan Logan is offline
              • Discord Moderoid
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Nov 2008
              Location: Salisbury, England
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Sassy
              Posts: 9,840
              I think you should just put those accusations behind yourself and focus on your hack regardless of whether you did anything or not (which I'm 99% certain you didn't). Just keep it going and it'll be nice to see your hack still going in about a year's time and hopefully you'll be able to add it to that illustrious list of completed hacks. Good luck!
              __________________
              Wait, I saw bare kicks, saw bare clothes
              Said psyduck that, I can't wear those
              I don't like them, they're not my ting
              They went silent, they're all weirdos
                #85    
              Old June 29th, 2011 (1:52 PM).
              Chimchar 9's Avatar
              Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
              (:
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: England, London
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 1,618
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
              I tried brown first and it just looked ugly. I was thinking a dark purple but there is already too much purple in this hack.
              Doesn't matter if there's too much purple. I like purple. <3
              Try a few options, and release the screenshots to the public and let them decide.
              __________________
              Pokemon Green Diamond
              Status: cancelled
                #86    
              Old June 29th, 2011 (4:48 PM).
              AshtonTS's Avatar
              AshtonTS AshtonTS is offline
              Umbreon
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2011
                Location: CT
                Age: 20
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Rash
                Posts: 31
                Quick question, where does the current release end? because I can't get past Emerald Town
                __________________

                  #87    
                Old June 30th, 2011 (3:22 AM).
                zumba's Avatar
                zumba zumba is offline
                Skyline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2011
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 32
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Meri-tje View Post
                  I'm really going to be in trouble picking a starter
                  As it happens treecko and cyndaquil are my favourite starters in their respective regions.

                  cyndaquil alll the waaay! pick em! lol. thats who im picking

                  quick question to Quilava's Master tho. are the bugs in your first post going to be fixed once the new release is out?
                  __________________

                  i Support:

                  Pokemon Shattered Dreams
                  Pokemon AshGray Version
                  Pokemon Liquid Crystal
                    #88    
                  Old July 3rd, 2011 (6:14 AM). Edited July 3rd, 2011 by Quilava's Master.
                  Quilava's Master's Avatar
                  Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                  Shattered Dreams '13
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 694
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
                    I think you should just put those accusations behind yourself and focus on your hack regardless of whether you did anything or not (which I'm 99% certain you didn't). Just keep it going and it'll be nice to see your hack still going in about a year's time and hopefully you'll be able to add it to that illustrious list of completed hacks. Good luck!
                    That is totally my intention. I can't afford to be sidetracked now.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
                    Doesn't matter if there's too much purple. I like purple. <3
                    Try a few options, and release the screenshots to the public and let them decide. ;)
                    Hmm this isn't a bad idea. We'll see.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AshtonTS View Post
                    Quick question, where does the current release end? because I can't get past Emerald Town
                    That is the end of the current release.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by zumba View Post
                    cyndaquil alll the waaay! pick em! lol. thats who im picking :)

                    quick question to Quilava's Master tho. are the bugs in your first post going to be fixed once the new release is out?
                    Of course! Right now I'm finishing up Mozilla City [the site of the first gym] and none of the errors from Alpha 1 are present.

                    Update
                    What a week. I got so much done. I've inserted all the ASM Routines I intend to use [credits to Jambo51, NarutoActor, & Hackmew]. If you haven't noticed in the credits department I've added the Trainer Facing fix. Now when you're challenged by a trainer you won't have to battle them with your back facing them. I've also added new music! I added the PokeMart, PokeCenter, Rustboro, Surfing, Route 110, and Verdantuf Themes from R/S/E [credits to Tiggerwoodz for helping me with the voicegroup editing] and the Goldenrod Theme from GSC [credits to Magius for the theme]. That means each map will have it's own atmosphere and music won't have to be recycled too often. I've even made a short video showcasing the features, music, etc. [I truly apologize for that horrid battle at the end, Togepi kept missing cause Wurmple refused to stand still -__-] Also just lik eevery other video taken with VBA the video and sound aren't synced up near the end.


                    Also it has been brought to my attention that I never fully explained the altered abilities of some Pokemon yet, so here we go:


                    Above we have two Pokemon: Caterpie & Weedle. Normally their ability is simply Shield Dust. However in Zinnos many Pokemon have adapted and gained new abilities. These aren't the only two Pokemon with new abilities. A good majority of Pokemon have new abilities in addition to their previous ability. Only in Zinnos can you own a Dragonite with Thick Fat or a Cancnea with Rough Skin. With the Beta [which still has no release date] I'll include a list of Pokemon with altered abilities. The ability changes are also part of the story, as Valor [a Pokemon hunter and one of the Rivals] searches for such Pokemon. Shinies also play a major role in the story of the hack but I'll reveal more about that later on. Also on an unrelated note I've changed the movesets of almost 200 Pokemon with those from Hoenn retaining their movesets. This was done so that Pokemon learned moves closer together as opposed to having a level 20 Quilava with Tackle still in it's moveset. Pokemon fom Hoenn learned moves at a decent curve so they were left unchanged for the most part.

                    Conclusion
                    This update was supposed to be about the Pokennect but I decided to show off these new features instead. The next update will be about the Pokennect, I promise. Also in the video you'll notice the man in the Pokemon Center who gives you the Togepi event is always there. Since I don't have a release date for the Beta yet I haven't limited his appearence. In the beta he will only be present on one day [which will more than likely be on the first day of the beta release]. Oh and you'll notice that in the screenshots from Update #5 the Togepi is holding the Silk Scarf but in the video it's holding the Lucky Egg. In the beta release the Togepi will be holding the Lucky Egg. Be warned that if you miss the event that's too bad cause that will be your only chance to obtain the Lucky Egg in game without cheating.

                    ~QM
                    __________________
                    The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                      #89    
                    Old July 4th, 2011 (1:04 PM).
                    qaz015393's Avatar
                    qaz015393 qaz015393 is offline
                    pokemon revenge developer
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2009
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 795
                      nice recolored sprites. great update. & if u want a support bar tell me what u would like on it & il make 1
                      __________________

                      POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

                      3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
                        #90    
                      Old July 6th, 2011 (4:26 AM).
                      wayl0n wayl0n is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2008
                        Gender:
                        Posts: 3
                        can't get out of the emerald city pokemon center.
                        __________________


                        W00T! Now I can pee on Ash's shoulder!
                        Wait... do Pokémon pee!?
                          #91    
                        Old July 6th, 2011 (7:56 PM).
                        AshtonTS's Avatar
                        AshtonTS AshtonTS is offline
                        Umbreon
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2011
                          Location: CT
                          Age: 20
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Rash
                          Posts: 31
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by wayl0n View Post
                          can't get out of the emerald city pokemon center.
                          That's already a known glitch dude. Read first post
                          __________________

                            #92    
                          Old July 7th, 2011 (7:56 AM).
                          Arcanine7 Arcanine7 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2011
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 1
                            This Game is awesome . The sprites look great. There are still a few glitches but they can be fixed . I KNOW IT!
                              #93    
                            Old July 7th, 2011 (10:13 AM).
                            zumba's Avatar
                            zumba zumba is offline
                            Skyline
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 32
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by wayl0n View Post
                              can't get out of the emerald city pokemon center.
                              thats ok if u cant because i think thats where the game ends anyways. only thing to do is to battle some trainers in the park and thats it i think. correct me if im wrong.
                              __________________

                              i Support:

                              Pokemon Shattered Dreams
                              Pokemon AshGray Version
                              Pokemon Liquid Crystal
                                #94    
                              Old July 8th, 2011 (4:56 AM).
                              Chimchar 9's Avatar
                              Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
                              (:
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2008
                              Location: England, London
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 1,618
                              Anymore updates coming soon? Sorry, I can't wait. :P
                              Good luck! :)
                              __________________
                              Pokemon Green Diamond
                              Status: cancelled
                                #95    
                              Old July 8th, 2011 (6:56 AM).
                              YourBoiiAcee's Avatar
                              YourBoiiAcee YourBoiiAcee is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 8
                                what generation pokemon are you using ?
                                  #96    
                                Old July 8th, 2011 (8:42 AM).
                                Quilava's Master's Avatar
                                Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                                Shattered Dreams '13
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 694
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
                                  nice recolored sprites. great update. & if u want a support bar tell me what u would like on it & il make 1
                                  A support bar would be awesome. Can it have Jirachi and [email protected] Please and thank you.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Arcanine7 View Post
                                  This Game is awesome . The sprites look great. There are still a few glitches but they can be fixed . I KNOW IT!
                                  Thanks. There are currently no glitches in the current ROM I'm working on. That means when it's time for the next release it should be relatively bug free.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by zumba View Post
                                  thats ok if u cant because i think thats where the game ends anyways. only thing to do is to battle some trainers in the park and thats it i think. correct me if im wrong.
                                  Correct.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
                                  Anymore updates coming soon? Sorry, I can't wait. :P
                                  Good luck! :)
                                  Read on to get the answer to your question.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by YourBoiiAcee View Post
                                  what generation pokemon are you using ?
                                  Up to and including the 3rd Generation.

                                  NEWS FLASH
                                  I am currently on vacation with my family. This does not mean that progress on the hack will stop it just means that updates may not go up as frequently. What this also means is that each update will be bigger and feature about 12 screenshots each. The next update should be up in a few days.
                                  __________________
                                  The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                                    #97    
                                  Old July 9th, 2011 (6:03 AM).
                                  Chimchar 9's Avatar
                                  Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
                                  (:
                                  • Silver Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                                  Location: England, London
                                  Age: 23
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 1,618
                                  Yahoo! I can't wait.
                                  Good luck!

                                  Also, have a good time on vacation. (;
                                  __________________
                                  Pokemon Green Diamond
                                  Status: cancelled
                                    #98    
                                  Old July 9th, 2011 (9:09 AM).
                                  Lennyg1 Lennyg1 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 1
                                    Hey man first time post....
                                    so far seems like a legit effort!
                                    but I have a bit of a problem, I cant seem to get past mozilla city.
                                    I've defeated the gym and have delivered uncle leo's package yet the security guard to Sapphire meadow will not let me pass!
                                    just wondering what my next course of action should be?

                                    And also I have found a bug.
                                    When exiting the first town the first person on the trail you see when spoken to will reply with "qua" (or similar cant quite remember) in a recurring fashion preventing you from continuing the game.
                                    thanks in advance for your assistance.
                                    Lenny.
                                      #99    
                                    Old July 9th, 2011 (9:44 AM).
                                    clacla$$$ clacla$$$ is offline
                                    Back in business ~
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                                      Location: In Your Nightmares
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Calm
                                      Posts: 118
                                      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to clacla$$$
                                      wow, just downloaded the ips and ca't wait to play
                                      this looks like it will be awesome :D
                                        #100    
                                      Old July 9th, 2011 (10:24 AM).
                                      Quilava's Master's Avatar
                                      Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                                      Shattered Dreams '13
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2007
                                        Nature: Adamant
                                        Posts: 694
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Lennyg1 View Post
                                        Hey man first time post....
                                        so far seems like a legit effort!
                                        but I have a bit of a problem, I cant seem to get past mozilla city.
                                        I've defeated the gym and have delivered uncle leo's package yet the security guard to Sapphire meadow will not let me pass!
                                        just wondering what my next course of action should be?

                                        And also I have found a bug.
                                        When exiting the first town the first person on the trail you see when spoken to will reply with "qua" (or similar cant quite remember) in a recurring fashion preventing you from continuing the game.
                                        thanks in advance for your assistance.
                                        Lenny.
                                        Have you battled your rival in the Pokemon Center? From there the game pretty much explains itself.

                                        The glitch has been noted and fixed for future releases. Hope you enjoy the game.
                                        __________________
                                        The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                                        Closed Thread
                                        Quick Reply

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:41 PM.