Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Closed Thread

Old June 22nd, 2011 (8:21 PM).

I have a crazy challenge idea for anyone who likes Bleach ('cause I just love it so much):

Bleach Gotei 13 Challenge:

Alright, here's how this works. Your team will consist of 6 Pokemon based off of any 6 of the 13 Captains of the Gotei 13. The Pokemon's gender MUST match that of the captain it's based off of. All the basic rules, such as no legendaries, apply. To get the most out of this, I suggest you make your Pokemon as close as you can to the captain it's based off of.

1. Yamamoto - Must be a Fire type, of course. Also has to be fully evolved as soon as possible, because he's really freaking OLD. For example, something that evolves by stone must be evolved as soon as you get the stone.
    2. Sui-Feng - Must be from the Weedle or Combee line.
    3. Gin - Must be either: a fox Pokemon (just the Vulpix and Zorua lines as far as I know; 'cause he's called fox-face); or from the Lickitung line (long, retractable tongue, similar to Shinso's ability; if anyone can think of anything else that might fit this, let me know).
    4. Unohana - Must be either: Mantine line; or a healer Pokemon (like the Chansey line or Audino). Must be fully evolved as soon as possible, because she's also one of the veteran captains.
    5. Aizen - Must be either: Zorua line (the illusion Pokemon); or any Pokemon that can learn Hypnosis (in that case the Pokemon must learn Hypnosis ASAP and keep it).
    6. Byakuya - Must be any Pokemon that can learn either Razor Leaf, Magical Leaf, Petal Dance, or Leaf Storm. And again, it must learn one of these moves ASAP and keep it.
    7. Komamura - Must be either: Golurk line (big, bulky, and humanoid, like his bankai); Samurott line (his bankai is a samurai); or a dog Pokemon (Mightyena, Stoutland, Arcanine, etc; because Komamura is an anthropomorphic wolf or something).
    8. Shunsui - Must be any Pokemon that has two blades (like Gallade, Bisharp, or Samurott). Must be fully evolved as soon as possible, because he's really old, too.
    9. Tousen - Must be either: Zubat or Woobat line (because they're blind); Kricketot line (Suzumushi means "cricket"); or Whismur line (his Zanpakuto is sound-based).
    10. Histugaya - Must be an Ice type, unless it's a Dragon, in which case, it must learn at least one Ice move ASAP and keep it. Also has to be NFE (unless it doesn't evolve), because Hitsu is the youngest of the captains.
    11. Kenpachi - Must be anything that has Attack as its highest base stat. When using damaging moves, they must be Physical.
    12. Mayuri - Must be either: a Poison type; or a man-made Pokemon (the ones in the Human Influence challenge), but the man-made Pokemon must learn a Poison move or a move that causes paralysis ASAP and keep it.
    13. Ukitake - Same as Shunsui.

Here's an example of a team for Fire Red:
    Gin - Male Ninetales
    Aizen - Male Hypno that knows Hypnosis
    Byakuya - Male Vileplume that knows Petal Dance
    Mayuri - Male Weezing
    Kenpachi - Male Gyarados
    Hitsugaya - Male Dragonair that knows Blizzard

If enough people like this, I might make one for the 10 Espada.

ON HOLD
    Red: Completed
    Silver: 4 badges
    Team:

-Torch----Sol------Lava

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 26th, 2011 (9:16 AM).
    Avy made by Trainer Touko

Nature: Brave
      May I suggest a cute challenge?

One Pink Pokemon
      One Cat Pokemon
      One Dog Pokemon
      One Baby Pokemon(Can evolve)
      Dark,Fighting and Ghost are prohibited
      One of them must know Attract ASAP

Old July 1st, 2011 (2:35 PM). Edited July 1st, 2011 by Crimson5M.
      what
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
      Imma do the Digimon challenge on Emerald.
      My planned team:
      Blaziken
      Camerupt
      Solrock
      Torkoal
      Sharpedo
      Salamence

EDIT: Crest of courage
      Old July 1st, 2011 (2:45 PM).

Nature: Naive
        I've got the fairy one to cover cute but I might take that concept and make something cool

Fireworks you're crest of courage right?

Ffffffffff Bleach, idk at least it's not Naruto

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
        Old July 1st, 2011 (6:50 PM).

Well I figure if there's a Digimon one then Bleach is fair game =P

ON HOLD
          Team:

-Torch----Sol------Lava
          Old July 1st, 2011 (6:53 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by musesum626 View Post
            Well I figure if there's a Digimon one then Bleach is fair game =P
            How dare sir
            How dare
            one cannot even compare

Old July 1st, 2011 (7:12 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
              How dare sir
              How dare
              one cannot even compare
              I wasn't saying Bleach was better than Digimon. (But if you think it isn't there may be some problems...JK)

I'm just saying since there are other series like Digimon and Power Rangers involved, I thought, "Why not?"

ON HOLD
              Team:

-Torch----Sol------Lava
              Old July 2nd, 2011 (8:40 AM).
              Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Nature: Sassy
                May I suggest a challenge? If I can do this challenge, I'll join in.

Survival of the Fittest
                Charles Darwin explained that the survival of the fittest determines what species will survive extinction and what species doesn't. This also stands true for the dangerous world of the Poke Kingdom.

Rules:

1. You must have 6 Pokemon. One Pokemon each must be a part of the following families (no duplicates):

Canine: Dogs, Skunks, Foxes, Mongoose
                Feline: Cats (domestics like Glameow, or killers like Persian)
                Amphibian: Frogs, Tadpoles, Turtles. Any Pokemon that lives NEAR and not IN water like Slowpoke, Lilleep, Oshawott, Piplup
                Reptile: Snakes, Lizards, Dragons (Snivy, Arbok, Axew, etc.)
                Equine: Horses, Deer, Cows, Bulls, Sheep, etc.
                Mus Musculus: Mice, Rats, Chipmunks, Hedgehogs, Meerkats, etc.
                Aves: Birds
                Primates: Monkeys
                Ichthyoids: Fish, Crabs
                Swine: Pigs, Boars
                Ursus: Bears
                Insects: Worms, Caterpillars, Butterflies, Moths, Flies
                Arachnids: Spiders

2. If any of your Pokemon fall prey to their mortal enemies (ex. Pikachu faints in a fight against Pidgey, Ekans, or Meowth), that family (in this case Mus Musculus) is automatically extinct. If they faint to other Pokemon, they have to die 3 more times before they're extinct.

3. If a Pokemon in a family is extinct, you may not use that family again.

4. You may breed a dying family (they must have fainted twice) and use the egg as a replacement. That egg must go by the same rules as 2. Trades must be in the same family as the dying Pokemon and must follow the same rules as 2.

5. You may not catch multiple Pokemon in your selected families. You may only have 2 (or a Ditto) for breeding and the second/Ditto can't be used as a replacement, only the egg can.

Banned: Any Pokemon made of inanimate objects, Any Pokemon made with technology, Rock types, Psychics, Grass Types that are Plants (Cottonee, Sunflora, Weepinbell), Humanshapes, Ghosts, Intermediates (only Ditto allowed for breeding).

Current Challenge(s):

PokePhobia Halloween Challenge - Soul Silver

Current Challenges on hold:

Complete Challenges:
                Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
                Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
                Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
                Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
                Old July 2nd, 2011 (12:48 PM).
                Avy made by Trainer Touko

Nature: Brave
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sooyun View Post

Survival of the Fittest
                  Charles Darwin explained that the survival of the fittest determines what species will survive extinction and what species doesn't. This also stands true for the dangerous world of the Poke Kingdom.

Rules:

1. You must have 6 Pokemon. One Pokemon each must be a part of the following families (no duplicates):

Amphibian: Frogs, Tadpoles, Turtles. Any Pokemon that lives NEAR and not IN water like Slowpoke, Lilleep, Oshawott, Piplup

2. If any of your Pokemon fall prey to their mortal enemies (ex. Pikachu faints in a fight against Pidgey, Ekans, or Meowth), that family (in this case Mus Musculus) is automatically extinct. If they faint to other Pokemon, they have to die 3 more times before they're extinct.

4. You may breed a dying family (they must have fainted twice) and use the egg as a replacement. That egg must go by the same rules as 2. Trades must be in the same family as the dying Pokemon and must follow the same rules as 2.

5. You may not catch multiple Pokemon in your selected families. You may only have 2 (or a Ditto) for breeding and the second/Ditto can't be used as a replacement, only the egg can.

Banned: Any Pokemon made of inanimate objects, Any Pokemon made with technology, Rock types, Psychics, Grass Types that are Plants (Cottonee, Sunflora, Weepinbell), Humanshapes, Ghosts, Intermediates (only Ditto allowed for breeding).
                  That sounds hard,so yeah,awesome

I have a unique sense of taste,deal with it

Plus remember if Laure-senpai doesn't want it,it's hard and good enough to get it's own thread

Old July 2nd, 2011 (2:19 PM).

Quote:

Survival of the Fittest

Rules:

I like it. Hell I might use it for some of the gba games I got in the mail. What I'd like though for the slow people like myself is a little chart that says 'this type is weak against this type' to use as reference for when a Pokemon faints

Old July 2nd, 2011 (4:37 PM). Edited July 2nd, 2011 by Sooyun.

Weaknesses (Blue), Strengths (Red), Neutrals (Green):
                      ex. Growlithe/Pokabu/Teddiursa/Ponyta + Meowth + Meowth dies = Feline family extinct

Canine= Feline :: Ursus, Insects (in general), Equine (just 1st evo.) :: Everything else
                      Feline= Mus Musculus, Aves, Ichthyoids, Equine (only for 2nd evos) :: Canine, Swine, Ursus & Equine (this applies to 1st evo.) :: Everything else
                      Amphibian= Ichthyoids :: Reptile :: Everything else
                      Reptile= Amphibian, Arachnids :: Aves, Primates :: Everything else
                      Equine= Canine, Feline (1st evos), :: Ursus, Swine :: Everything else
                      Mus Musculus= Insects, Arachnids :: Feline, Aves, Reptile :: Everything else
                      Aves= Ichthyoids, Mus Musculus :: Feline:: Everything else
                      Primates= Insects, Reptiles :: Arachnids :: Everything else
                      Ichthyoids= Insects :: Aves, Amphibian, Ursus, Feline :: Everything else
                      Swine= Equine, Feline :: Ursus :: Everything else
                      Ursus= Swine, Canine, Feline, Equine :: Ursus :: Everything else
                      Insects= Canine :: Primates, Ichthyoids, Mus Musculus, Arachnids :: Everything else
                      Arachnids= Insects, Primates :: Reptile, Mus Musculus :: Everything else

I hope this makes sense and is easy to understand. ^.^;;

Edit: btw, Idk if you guys use hacks (such as BW649 or w/e) as long as they're not fakemon or Tohou-ified mons.

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):
                      Old July 3rd, 2011 (1:42 PM).
                      Cause we're all tools

Okay,although Laure-dono(I like using japanese honorifics ) still hasn't put this on OP I'll do your challenge Sooyun-san (On Gold btw)
                        Old July 3rd, 2011 (1:59 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ツールです View Post
                          Okay,although Laure-dono(I like using japanese honorifics ) still hasn't put this on OP I'll do your challenge Sooyun-san (On Gold btw)
                          I'm not doing anything right now because I'm thinking of taking an axe to the main page and making it more organized and attractive on the eyes

I'd still love a badge system or something
                          so if there is anyone out there good at simple photoshop please pm me
                          or I guess I can use already existing badges

Old July 3rd, 2011 (2:01 PM).
                          Cause we're all tools

I'm a beginning spriter,so I guess I can make some 50x50 badges for you

And you saying Sooyun-san's challenge worth a badge?
                            Old July 3rd, 2011 (2:05 PM).

Quote:
                              I'm a beginning spriter,so I guess I can make some 50x50 badges for you

And you saying Sooyun-san's challenge worth a badge?
                              Yes they all are :D The one with the most badges is the champion of the thread I think I'm going to organize the challenges though into

Easy > Simple themes not many restrictions mostly for challenges that revolve around a certain color or types

Medium > Where there are more specific themes (like the Nintendo Challenge) that forces you to a smaller pool of pokes as well as have NFE and move restrictions

Hard > These would be similar to your Nuzelocke Challenges where there are a lot of restrictions and its harder to get to the goal

I was thinking maybe you get more or less badges depending on the category, so that someone who did a lot of monocolor challenges isn't at the same badge level is someone struggling in hard mode

Old July 3rd, 2011 (2:12 PM). Edited July 3rd, 2011 by ツールです.
                              Cause we're all tools

Okay,I can make one(badge) for you by tomorrow.

Anyways,Johto-ward to become a Darwinist!

EDIT:Update 1

Mus Musculi obtained,Cyndaqwil(MM)
                                MM fainted once,against a Ave ,two more deaths acceptable
                                MM fainted once again against a Ave,Mus Musculus are dying
                                MM evolved and Falkner was defeated
                                Equine obtained,Mareep [E]
                                Nature made E faint,two more deaths acceptable
                                Equine fainted against a Ave,Equines are dying
                                E evolved

Insect obtained,Caterpie(I)

I evolved

I evolved again

Beat Bugsy

Team as of now

Old July 3rd, 2011 (3:37 PM).

Slowly Fixing Up the thread (Under Construction bam bam

Posting this here so I can access it later: http://pastebin.com/Rp4FC1VF

Old July 4th, 2011 (5:53 AM).

Quote:
                                    Okay,I can make one(badge) for you by tomorrow.

Anyways,Johto-ward to become a Darwinist!

EDIT:Update 1

Mus Musculi obtained,Cyndaqwil(MM)
                                    MM fainted once,against a Ave ,two more deaths acceptable
                                    MM fainted once again against a Ave,Mus Musculus are dying
                                    MM evolved and Falkner was defeated
                                    Equine obtained,Mareep [E]
                                    Nature made E faint,two more deaths acceptable
                                    Equine fainted against a Ave,Equines are dying
                                    E evolved

Insect obtained,Caterpie(I)

I evolved

I evolved again

Beat Bugsy

Team as of now

Ah-ah-ah~ Your Quilava is technically already dead. If your Pokemon faints to its weakness/mortal enemy (See rule 2 and the weakness chart. Anything in blue for that group will drive Quilava to extinction after one fainting), then they're automatically extinct. Your Quilava lost to a Pidgey when it was a Cyndaquil, so it shouldn't be alive now. You'll have to box it or release it and you can't use another Pokemon in that group.

Side Note: I may more than likely make a rule saying that if all families die before the Pokemon League, then you can start fresh with a new team that will have to be trained from the ground up/from scratch.

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):
                                    Old July 4th, 2011 (8:17 AM).
                                    Cause we're all tools

Quote:
                                      Ah-ah-ah~ Your Quilava is technically already dead. If your Pokemon faints to its weakness/mortal enemy (See rule 2 and the weakness chart. Anything in blue for that group will drive Quilava to extinction after one fainting), then they're automatically extinct. Your Quilava lost to a Pidgey when it was a Cyndaquil, so it shouldn't be alive now. You'll have to box it or release it and you can't use another Pokemon in that group.

Side Note: I may more than likely make a rule saying that if all families die before the Pokemon League, then you can start fresh with a new team that will have to be trained from the ground up/from scratch.

Crap,I misread the chart.My mind says Blue=good and red=bad and not opposite
                                      WIll restart the game and just a question,what are bat's species?
                                      Old July 4th, 2011 (8:20 AM).

Quote:

Crap,I misread the chart.My mind says Blue=good and red=bad and not opposite
                                        WIll restart the game and just a question,what are bat's species?
                                        Lol I thought the same thing when I saw that chart that's why when I fix the forum I think I might make some changes to it

red = evil and bad

Old July 4th, 2011 (9:23 AM). Edited July 4th, 2011 by Sooyun.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
                                          Lol I thought the same thing when I saw that chart that's why when I fix the forum I think I might make some changes to it

red = evil and bad
                                          lol. Feel free to change it as you please. I associate red with strong, and blue with weak (cause in the games, when your stats rise, you get a red aura. When they lower, you get a blue aura.)

BTW, you can add:

6. If all families are extinct before reaching the Pokemon League, you must start your game from scratch ONLY if your team died permanently before reaching the following areas:
                                          If your team dies permanently after these check points, you may use the last Pokemon that died to begin a new team through breeding it for an egg (your new starter). After hatching the egg, you are allowed to use the 'extinct' Pokemon (for those EV enthusiasts) or daycare to help train the baby until level 10. After the baby is level 10, all other Pokemon must be boxed/released and you must create a new team. Your new team can not have the same Pokemon your old team had. *NOTE: For original Kanto, you will have to start over if you haven't reached Cerulean. If you reached Cerulean, then you'll have to box your old team and create a new one from scratch (due to breeding being non-existant)

@ツールです I forgot about bats! Doh! Well, they don't lay eggs like birds do, and they're mammals, so I'll put them in the Mus Musculus family.

I want the Survival of the Fittest to be customized, so if anyone wants a badge after they complete that theme, they can PM me.

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):
                                          Old July 4th, 2011 (9:37 AM).
                                          Cause we're all tools

KK,but you forgot to add any check points in old kanto(RBY)

EDIT:Your badges are so beter than mine,I feel so ashamed of myself

Changed to Blue,btw

Update #N1

Amphibian obtained,Squirtle(B)
                                            Insect obtained,Caterpie (F)
                                            Mus Musculi obtained,Pikachu (P)
                                            Poison killed the whole team,two more deaths acceptable
                                            Insect evolved
                                            Insect evolved once again
                                            Beat Brock
                                            Mus Musculi fainted against an Ave,Mus Musculus have died

Team

Old July 4th, 2011 (9:44 AM). Edited July 4th, 2011 by Sooyun.

Quote:
                                              KK,but you forgot to add any check points in old kanto(RBY)

EDIT:Your badges are so beter than mine,I feel so ashamed of myself

Changed to Blue,btw

Update #N1

Amphibian obtained,Squirtle(B)
                                              Insect obtained,Caterpie (F)
                                              Mus Musculi obtained,Pikachu (P)
                                              Poison killed the whole team,two more deaths acceptable
                                              Insect evolved
                                              Insect evolved once again
                                              Beat Brock
                                              Mus Musculi fainted against an Ave,Mus Musculus have died

Team

^.^;; Thanks. For old school Kanto, you'll have to start your team over from scratch (before Cerulean) with a new line up because breeding didn't exist. If you reach Cerulean, then you'll have to create an entirely new team and box the old team.

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):
                                              Old July 4th, 2011 (9:47 AM). Edited July 4th, 2011 by ツールです.
                                              Cause we're all tools

Okay,will update #2 soon,and I'm thinking of reviving Personality Challenge,that would bring my game attention down.
                                                Heh,I guess this will do

Lost every member of my team,so I guess I'll do an easier challenge for a while.Since I love Haunter,I guess I'll do Human Influence on Yellow
                                                Old July 4th, 2011 (4:10 PM).

Update 1:

Started my Survival of The Fittest Theme on Japanese Leaf Green.
                                                  Named myself Green in English.
                                                  I had the choice between the Amphibian Squirtle, the glass cannon Reptile Charmander, and the tank Reptile Bulbasaur. I went with Bulbasaur. Beat Blue's Charmander and ran Prof. Oak's errand. Blew all 6 of my poke balls only to catch a Rattata, Mankey, and Caterpie.

Current location: Viridian Forest
                                                  Team:
                                                  Bulbasaur lvl 10 (3 lives left)
                                                  Mankey lvl 7 (3 lives left)
                                                  Metapod lvl 8 (3 lives left)
                                                  Rattata lvl 7 (1 life left. Lost to a Rattata. Died out of battle to poison)

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

Sponsored Links