The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Progressing ROM Hacks
FireRed Pokemon Volt Version

Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 7th, 2011 (2:45 PM).
LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Hiding from Pikachu
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 33
    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
    P o k e m o n V o l t V e r s i o n

    Hello guys, and Welcome to Pokemon Volt version.
    Hack of: Firered.

    I n t r o d u c t i o n
    You live in Soren Town, a small town near the ocean. Rumors have been flying around for weeks about Team Volt, a group of rebels who have declared their leadership over the rest of the world.
    Also in the Morainn region, lives Zapdos. He is said to live on the highest peak of Mt. Lightning. Team Volt want to catch him. However, so do you.

    F e a t u r e s


    D/P/B/W Pokemon Inserted!
    Explore the Morainn region!
    Fight Team Volt!
    Adventure through cave, water and sky!
    Catch D/P/B/W legendaries as well as some FR/LG ones.

    S c r e e n s h o t s
    Spoiler:




    P r o g r e s s

    Soren Town
    Mapping 100%
    Scripting 30%

    Soren Pass
    Mapping 100%
    Scripting 70%

    Ojel City
    Mapping 80%
    Scripting 40%

    C r e d i t s

    TB Pro - B/W Resized Spirite Pack
    Full Metal - Grass Battle Background
    Me - Mapping, Tileinserting, Basic Scripting
    You - If I forgot you contact me.

    D o w n l o a d s

    None yet!

    Note: I'd appreciate it if someone could do CSS for this thread.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old July 7th, 2011 (6:57 PM).
    LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Jun 2011
      Location: Hiding from Pikachu
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Impish
      Posts: 33
      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
      Update

      Here, I've finished Lithorn Pass, which heads west from Ojel City. I'm gonna insert some cave tiles for Lithorn Cave.
        #3    
      Old July 7th, 2011 (7:25 PM).
      DVK's Avatar
      DVK DVK is offline
      Hack based-God
         
        Join Date: Jan 2011
        Location: New Zealand
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 146
        Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
        a new hack on progressing hacks, i can't really say whether this hack is good or not by the information you provided, but what i do see is that this hack could have potential and i wish you luck with it
        __________________
        Completed Challenges!


          #4    
        Old July 10th, 2011 (6:42 PM).
        LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Location: Hiding from Pikachu
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Impish
          Posts: 33
          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DVK View Post
          a new hack on progressing hacks, i can't really say whether this hack is good or not by the information you provided, but what i do see is that this hack could have potential and i wish you luck with it
          Thanks.

          At this point I'm trying to find someone to do the script where you get your Pokemon. I'm probably gonna use the B/W starters, but anyone have some other suggestions?
            #5    
          Old July 10th, 2011 (6:55 PM).
          grotle_grovyle's Avatar
          grotle_grovyle grotle_grovyle is offline
          Incredibly Lazy Brainstormer
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 7
            Looks pretty awesome. Both B/W Pokemon and a new plotline? Can't wait to play it when it comes out :D
              #6    
            Old July 10th, 2011 (10:21 PM).
            ahsome's Avatar
            ahsome ahsome is offline
            Scripter Legend
               
              Join Date: Jun 2011
              Location: Australia
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 15
              If you want a scripter ask me, I'm a good scripter that can do things like that
              As long as you don't ask me to make a script like adding the PokeGear or something 0.o
              Just PM me, and we will talk
              __________________
              If you need help/advice with scripting with XSE/PKSV, ask me
              _____________________________________________
              Not all smart men are wise, but all wise men are smart - By Me
              ____________________________________________

              Scripter
              Tile Inserter
              If you want to do any of these jobs, PM me and we will talk
              Also, you should have proof of work with you
                #7    
              Old July 11th, 2011 (2:29 AM).
              Lord Varion's Avatar
              Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
              Guess who's back?
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2009
                Age: 22
                Gender: Other
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 2,644
                I'm not sure why, but looking at the tiles it looks like your trying to give a Pokémon Seinna feel. Which is okay after a while.
                But oh well.

                The mapping and scripting looks gooooooooood either way ;D
                __________________
                gone.
                  #8    
                Old July 11th, 2011 (5:02 AM).
                Wesley FG's Avatar
                Wesley FG Wesley FG is offline
                Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: Brazil
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 325
                  Your maps look very good, I see that the the game will also have the fifth generation of Pokemon, this makes it interresante, quite apart from that everything has harmony, the only one who could give an improved BatleBackGround this is that this very small and round.
                  __________________
                  Kalos Demake Soon!!
                    #9    
                  Old July 11th, 2011 (3:05 PM).
                  LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Location: Hiding from Pikachu
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Impish
                    Posts: 33
                    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by grotle_grovyle View Post
                    Looks pretty awesome. Both B/W Pokemon and a new plotline? Can't wait to play it when it comes out :D
                    Thanks. I plan on removing almost half the kanto pokemon to be replaced with pokemon from r/s/e/d/p/b/w.


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ahsome View Post
                    If you want a scripter ask me, I'm a good scripter that can do things like that
                    As long as you don't ask me to make a script like adding the PokeGear or something 0.o
                    Just PM me, and we will talk
                    Thanks, I will.



                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
                    I'm not sure why, but looking at the tiles it looks like your trying to give a Pokémon Seinna feel. Which is okay after a while.
                    But oh well.

                    The mapping and scripting looks gooooooooood either way ;D
                    I wan't deliberately trying to make it look like Sienna, but my tiles and mapping style are similar to Harry's. And I consider that a good thing. I love Sienna.


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Wesley FG View Post
                    Your maps look very good, I see that the the game will also have the fifth generation of Pokemon, this makes it interresante, quite apart from that everything has harmony, the only one who could give an improved BatleBackGround this is that this very small and round.
                    Thanks.

                    New Idea
                    My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.

                    However, I don't plan on implementing this anytime soon, as it's not high on my list of priorities, which are:
                    Spoiler:
                    1. Allow the player to get a starter.
                    2. Script trainers and Gym Leaders.
                    3. Add new cave tiles (Kyledove's)

                    Let mw know what you think.
                      #10    
                    Old July 12th, 2011 (4:12 AM).
                    Winter Wonderland's Avatar
                    Winter Wonderland Winter Wonderland is offline
                    Puts the fun in dysfunctional
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2011
                      Location: Florida
                      Gender: Other
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 307
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LightningStrike View Post
                      New Idea
                      My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.

                      Let mw know what you think. :)
                      That is actually a REALLY cool sounding idea. I'd imagine you'd have to switch what Fly does with Dive. Then make that DIVE accessible on every tile(which I think you can do by changing the behavior byte on Advance Map) And basically just make a HUGE map that pretty much covers every city. But, then set flags that don't allow you to land anywhere you haven't been before. I'm glad you thought this up, 'cause now I really wanna see how this works.
                      __________________


                      Some say the world will end in fire,
                      Some say in ice.
                      From what I've tasted of desire
                      I hold with those who favor fire.
                      But if it had to perish twice,
                      I think I know enough of hate
                      To say that for destruction ice
                      Is also great
                      And would suffice.
                      Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

                      Play Me Casually | The Leola Project

                        #11    
                      Old July 12th, 2011 (6:49 AM).
                      LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2011
                        Location: Hiding from Pikachu
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Impish
                        Posts: 33
                        Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
                        That is actually a REALLY cool sounding idea. I'd imagine you'd have to switch what Fly does with Dive. Then make that DIVE accessible on every tile(which I think you can do by changing the behavior byte on Advance Map) And basically just make a HUGE map that pretty much covers every city. But, then set flags that don't allow you to land anywhere you haven't been before. I'm glad you thought this up, 'cause now I really wanna see how this works.
                        Thanks. I'll explain a bit. I'm no ASM maniac (meaning I'm not good at it, but I wish I was), but the best I can figure it out, there are three parts needed to make it work:
                        Spoiler:
                        Mapping:
                        Blue Sky tiles and Cloud tiles (must have Block Is Covered By Hero)

                        Scripting:
                        To tell you when you're above a city and to ask you to land. And to take you to the city that you're landing in.

                        ASM:
                        Changing H.M. FLY's value and making it take you up to the sky



                        Today's News

                        Today I resolved to try and have an update every day, and have Beta 1 in 2 weeks. It's more work for me, but you guys are worth it.

                        I stayed up until 11:00 last night working on Volt, and therefore I've got some stuff to show you guys. It's mostly Ojel City. Check it out:

                          #12    
                        Old July 12th, 2011 (7:07 AM).
                        Lord Varion's Avatar
                        Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
                        Guess who's back?
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2009
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Other
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 2,644
                          Your flying idea is a good one.
                          And idea i actually thought of when I was a kid. :l
                          Great minds thing alike.
                          Although it will take alot of work (mainly ASM) to do so.
                          __________________
                          gone.
                            #13    
                          Old July 12th, 2011 (7:38 AM).
                          Crimson5M's Avatar
                          Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                          what
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2011
                          Location: Scotland
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 1,099
                          Quote:
                          New Idea
                          My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.
                          Uhh...what? So nobody else can use this idea because you said? I had this idea ages ago (but decided against it), does that mean you can't use it?


                          Why would anyone put a signpost where nobody can read the front of it?

                          Uhh...probably best you went back to the old backgrounds, this looks really bad. :)

                          And if you do change the battle backgrounds, change all of them.

                          Story doesn't say much so I can't really comment on that.
                          Same about the features.

                          Looks decent, just fix up all of the above.
                          __________________
                          Youtube
                            #14    
                          Old July 12th, 2011 (11:33 AM).
                          Cricco's Avatar
                          Cricco Cricco is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 21
                            Looks promising although it would be better to insert the tileset different from those based
                              #15    
                            Old July 12th, 2011 (3:05 PM).
                            LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2011
                              Location: Hiding from Pikachu
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Impish
                              Posts: 33
                              Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
                              Your flying idea is a good one.
                              And idea i actually thought of when I was a kid. :l
                              Great minds thing alike.
                              Although it will take alot of work (mainly ASM) to do so.
                              I know. Thanks.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                              Uhh...what? So nobody else can use this idea because you said? I had this idea ages ago (but decided against it), does that mean you can't use it?


                              Why would anyone put a signpost where nobody can read the front of it?

                              Uhh...probably best you went back to the old backgrounds, this looks really bad.

                              And if you do change the battle backgrounds, change all of them.

                              Story doesn't say much so I can't really comment on that.
                              Same about the features.

                              Looks decent, just fix up all of the above.
                              I mean don't copy my exact ideas. And please don't say:
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                              Looks decent, just fix up all of the above.
                              You can make suggestions, but please don't tell me what to do.
                              This is my hack.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Cricco View Post
                              Looks promising although it would be better to insert the tileset different from those based
                              I have inserted some new tiles, I'm doing FR/LG style.
                                #16    
                              Old July 12th, 2011 (3:24 PM).
                              Crimson5M's Avatar
                              Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                              what
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2011
                              Location: Scotland
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 1,099
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by LightningStrike View Post
                              I know. Thanks.



                              I mean don't copy my exact ideas. And please don't say:

                              You can make suggestions, but please don't tell me what to do.
                              This is my hack.


                              I have inserted some new tiles, I'm doing FR/LG style.
                              I was giving you some constructive criticism to help you improve your hack, no need to be such a jerk about it HackDeoxys.
                              If you are going to be rude to people who try to be helpful, your hack has no future.
                              __________________
                              Youtube
                                #17    
                              Old July 12th, 2011 (3:54 PM).
                              LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
                              Banned
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2011
                                Location: Hiding from Pikachu
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Impish
                                Posts: 33
                                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                                I was giving you some constructive criticism to help you improve your hack, no need to be such a jerk about it HackDeoxys.
                                If you are going to be rude to people who try to be helpful, your hack has no future.
                                1. OK, I'm sorry, I overreacted.
                                2. I'm not HackDeoxys, how many times do I have to tell you?
                                  #18    
                                Old July 12th, 2011 (3:56 PM).
                                Quilava's Master's Avatar
                                Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                                Shattered Dreams '13
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 694
                                  I'm going to go ahead and have to agree with Fireworks. If you're gonna change the battlegrounds it's a good idea to change all of them, not just the grass. Speaking of the grass battleground I assume you're using that one Rombase from the Rom Hacking Resource thread and that's the reason that only the tall grass has altered battlegrounds. It's a good idea to either learn how to import others or find someone who can insert them well cause to be honest the current battleground is far from impressive. Just imaging what would happen in the case of a double battle. One of the Pokemon would be falling right off the platform.
                                  On the topic of tiles they look good, but they remind me too much of Sienna. Even the mountain palettes bare too much of a resemblance to Harry's. This is just my opinion.
                                  The maps [namely the lab?/place with computers] seem empty. It'd be a good idea to either make them smaller or fill them up some more.

                                  Also one more thing: the Fly idea, as good as it sounds on paper, seems a bit over-ambitious. Especially since the reality of it is that you probably don't even know where to begin implement an idea like that. Heck, a vast majority of hackers here [including myself] wouldn't know where to begin with that. Either way good luck on this.
                                  __________________
                                  The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                                    #19    
                                  Old July 12th, 2011 (5:29 PM).
                                  colcolstyles's Avatar
                                  colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                                  Yours truly
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2008
                                  Location: The Bay Area
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Lonely
                                  Posts: 1,584
                                  No need for this anymore.

                                  Closed
                                  __________________

                                  Brother of Vrai
                                  Closed Thread
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:07 AM.