Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #18351    
Old July 6th, 2011 (11:00 PM).
Weber's Avatar
Weber Weber is offline
Thats Farfetch'd
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 108
    latios- i can get you an axew that likes to thrash and should have good speed ivs (most of mine have had over 25) as well if you want.

    no luck on charmander still though. i might have to start over on my other fire red now as well and break out my gba micro.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #18352    
    Old July 6th, 2011 (11:26 PM).
    Lake of Retro's Avatar
    Lake of Retro Lake of Retro is offline
    Just keep swimming.
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Location: Australia
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 35
      Hey guys, just an update, I've been SR'ing for a Hoenn Starter all day yesterday and today, still no luck. I think I've gone through about 5000 starters, when do you think they'll shine? Good luck to everyones hunts!
      __________________
      Shinies:

      Reply With Quote
        #18353    
      Old July 7th, 2011 (6:36 AM). Edited July 7th, 2011 by 2Cool4Mewtwo.
      2Cool4Mewtwo's Avatar
      2Cool4Mewtwo 2Cool4Mewtwo is offline
      Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Apr 2011
      Location: Cerulean Cave
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Rash
      Posts: 1,183
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
      Congrats on the shiny Cranidos, 2Cool4Mewtwo! Btw, the gen 4 Pokémon for July Jam is Cresselia, not Cranidos, so it's far from over.
      That was last month, wasn't it? Look at the main page again...

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
      Congrats, 2Cool! (other people can still get one, though! )
      Oh, event doesn't stop when anybody gets it? Oh well, good to have more than 1 winner if that becomes the case anyways

      And I have another secret target now... whether it be RE, SR, or MM egg hatching.
      __________________


      Reply With Quote
        #18354    
      Old July 7th, 2011 (7:27 AM).
      G-Money's Avatar
      G-Money G-Money is offline
      Polychromatic Iridescence
         
        Join Date: Jan 2011
        Location: Northwest Hoenn
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 361
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lake of Retro View Post
        Hey guys, just an update, I've been SR'ing for a Hoenn Starter all day yesterday and today, still no luck. I think I've gone through about 5000 starters, when do you think they'll shine? Good luck to everyones hunts!
        Are you hunting on Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald? If Emerald, stop! You might never get it. If Ruby or Sapphire, keep going! I'm sure you'll get a shiny soon.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
        That was last month, wasn't it? Look at the main page again...


        Yeah, there was a bit of a mix-up with the contest. Landorus hadn't posted or even logged on to PC in over 25 days, so I wasn't really expecting him to update the contest. I made one, but I didn't see that he had edited the second post with a new one, which leaves two right now. Landorus's is the official one.

        Sorry about that.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
        Oh, event doesn't stop when anybody gets it? Oh well, good to have more than 1 winner if that becomes the case anyways
        It's whoever gets the most. Say two people each get 1 and another person gets 2: the person with 2 would be the winner.

        2971 Palkia
        __________________
        Path of the Ghost: 12/18
        Path of the Starter: 10/18


        Reply With Quote
          #18355    
        Old July 7th, 2011 (7:40 AM). Edited July 7th, 2011 by Steven.
        Steven's Avatar
        Steven Steven is offline
        Bubblegum Betch
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2011
        Location: Ohio
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 1,363
        News
        For anyone with a Japanese Black and White, you can go through Mystery Gift and get a Shiny Golurk and Shiny Hydreigon!


        Changed my hunt to White Forest because so few people hunt there..also got the Golurk and Hydreigon.

        I am just walking around in there now to see what Pokemon exist there for me. So far I have encountered:

        Magby, Mareep, Wurmple, Happiny, Slakoth, Hoppip, Bellsprout, Aron, Ralts, and Azurill.

        What's nice about this is that I can keep track of my encounters through my Trainer Card. :D I also have my lucky charm in my party (Shiny Exploud.)
        __________________
        ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

        ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
        Reply With Quote
          #18356    
        Old July 7th, 2011 (2:11 PM).
        Latios Master's Avatar
        Latios Master Latios Master is offline
        11 Year PC Member
           
          Join Date: Sep 2003
          Location: Minnesota
          Age: 29
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 2,203
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Weber View Post
          latios- i can get you an axew that likes to thrash and should have good speed ivs (most of mine have had over 25) as well if you want.

          no luck on charmander still though. i might have to start over on my other fire red now as well and break out my gba micro.
          Thanks for the offer, but I just got one that has a good speed IV today on one that is also Jolly and has Mold Breaker, which is what I'm looking for in nature and ability. It's not a perfect 31 though, so I'll still hatch some more. So far I've hatched 63.

          2Cool4Mewtwo: Sorry about that. I didn't see that Landorus posted a different list compared to what G-Money posted.
          __________________
          Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
          Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
          Reply With Quote
            #18357    
          Old July 7th, 2011 (2:25 PM).
          Steven's Avatar
          Steven Steven is offline
          Bubblegum Betch
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jan 2011
          Location: Ohio
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 1,363
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
          Thanks for the offer, but I just got one that has a good speed IV today on one that is also Jolly and has Mold Breaker, which is what I'm looking for in nature and ability. It's not a perfect 31 though, so I'll still hatch some more. So far I've hatched 63.

          2Cool4Mewtwo: Sorry about that. I didn't see that Landorus posted a different list compared to what G-Money posted.
          Since there was some confusion on our part, the Pokemon from either of our lists will count for the contest.
          __________________
          ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

          ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
          Reply With Quote
            #18358    
          Old July 7th, 2011 (5:29 PM).
          Lake of Retro's Avatar
          Lake of Retro Lake of Retro is offline
          Just keep swimming.
             
            Join Date: Jul 2011
            Location: Australia
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 35
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
            What's nice about this is that I can keep track of my encounters through my Trainer Card. :D I also have my lucky charm in my party (Shiny Exploud.)
            Is that Black and White where you can see how many encounters you've done? Because I can't see/find it.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
            Are you hunting on Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald? If Emerald, stop! You might never get it. If Ruby or Sapphire, keep going! I'm sure you'll get a shiny soon.
            Heart Gold, and thank you, hopefully today.
            __________________
            Shinies:

            Reply With Quote
              #18359    
            Old July 7th, 2011 (5:54 PM).
            TheGr8's Avatar
            TheGr8 TheGr8 is offline
            lovely pair<3
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Location: Sinnoh Region
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 529
            Hey guys so after starting to record SRs I am at 870 for my Snivy. Plus the many I had before starting to record the numbers! Good luck to everyone!
            __________________


            Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

            Signature by Khalei


            Reply With Quote
              #18360    
            Old July 7th, 2011 (6:45 PM).
            Steven's Avatar
            Steven Steven is offline
            Bubblegum Betch
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2011
            Location: Ohio
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 1,363
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lake of Retro View Post
            Is that Black and White where you can see how many encounters you've done? Because I can't see/find it.
            Go to your Trainer Card. Click the "<--->" button at the bottom. Touch and hold onto where it says "Adventure Started" and drag up.
            __________________
            ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

            ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
            Reply With Quote
              #18361    
            Old July 8th, 2011 (9:09 AM).
            Steven's Avatar
            Steven Steven is offline
            Bubblegum Betch
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2011
            Location: Ohio
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 1,363
            New Contest
            Name: Shiny Journey
            Rules: You must do a set number of encounters on every route (of any main story Pokemon game) until you find a shiny Pokemon. You must provide proof of this of this shiny or you won't be considered for the prize. You also must post (or PM me) saying you want to be entered.
            Prize: Although it's not for sure yet, I am going to see if a moderator would be willing to put an emblem up on the winner's profile. Here is the emblem:

            Shiny Journey Contest Winner
            You've won a club sponsored shiny Pokemon hunt, although this isn't as nice as the shiny itself, it's still worth giving. Enjoy!
            __________________
            ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

            ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
            Reply With Quote
              #18362    
            Old July 8th, 2011 (9:13 AM).
            Tails05's Avatar
            Tails05 Tails05 is offline
            It's Electric!
               
              Join Date: Jun 2011
              Location: That planet next to Mars
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Docile
              Posts: 192
              I would like to enter I'm actually sorta doing that now...but I guess I need to know the set number of encounters
              __________________

              O, wonder!
              How many goodly creatures are there here!
              How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
              That has such people in it!


              Pairless - PM me! | Owner of the ::Global Pokedex Plus Fanclub:: | GPX +
              Jesus is the way ~
              Reply With Quote
                #18363    
              Old July 8th, 2011 (9:43 AM).
              Steven's Avatar
              Steven Steven is offline
              Bubblegum Betch
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2011
              Location: Ohio
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 1,363
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tails05 View Post
              I would like to enter I'm actually sorta doing that now...but I guess I need to know the set number of encounters
              Entered.

              You don't need to do a set number of encounters, just as long as you alternate routes it's fine.

              Right now I am in the Route 1 double encounter area.
              __________________
              ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

              ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
              Reply With Quote
                #18364    
              Old July 8th, 2011 (9:47 AM).
              R.K 9's Avatar
              R.K 9 R.K 9 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2011
                Location: North-West England, UK
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 188
                I'll gladly enter, I think I'll have loads of time to do it.
                also, last week I found a shiny seviper on pokemon sapphire just outisde of meteor falls. random encounter, obviously.
                __________________
                http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic261589_1.gif
                Reply With Quote
                  #18365    
                Old July 8th, 2011 (1:12 PM).
                Latios Master's Avatar
                Latios Master Latios Master is offline
                11 Year PC Member
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2003
                  Location: Minnesota
                  Age: 29
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 2,203
                  I would like to enter as well. It will be a nice change of pace from hatching eggs.

                  Axew: 84
                  __________________
                  Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
                  Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18366    
                  Old July 8th, 2011 (2:52 PM). Edited July 8th, 2011 by R.K 9.
                  R.K 9's Avatar
                  R.K 9 R.K 9 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2011
                    Location: North-West England, UK
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 188
                    I've decided to do this with fire red, 300 encounters per route/cave.
                    starting with route 1:

                    Spoiler:
                    x150
                    x150


                    yeah, funnily enough I got the same amount of both pokes. no shiny just yet, though.
                    seen as I've not been doing much, here's route 2:

                    Spoiler:
                    x148
                    x121
                    x16
                    x15


                    once again, no shinies just yet.
                    __________________
                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic261589_1.gif
                    Reply With Quote
                      #18367    
                    Old July 8th, 2011 (7:14 PM). Edited July 8th, 2011 by Steven.
                    Steven's Avatar
                    Steven Steven is offline
                    Bubblegum Betch
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2011
                    Location: Ohio
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Naive
                    Posts: 1,363
                    Right now I am at 550 encounters on my Pokemon White. I've decided to do 150 encounters per route, by the time I have gone into every cave, route, and other places with Pokemon I would have seen 6600 Pokemon. Then, if I don't get a shiny, I will move to my Leaf Green version and go through there.

                    I am currently in the Dreamyard double encounter grass. While I was on Route 2, I discovered that Wynaut were swarming which made it last a lot longer because I couldn't run. I had to kill them. But I did catch me a nice Level 50 Wynaut. I was hoping I'd catch one of those shiny, I love them, Wynaut is one of my favorite Pokemon.

                    I have 50 encounters in the Dreamyard. 150 on both Route 2 and 1. I also included the 200 I already did in White Forest. Out of all the Pokemon I will probably see, there are 3 that I want the most. Those are:

                    __________________
                    ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

                    ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
                    Reply With Quote
                      #18368    
                    Old July 8th, 2011 (7:15 PM).
                    Lake of Retro's Avatar
                    Lake of Retro Lake of Retro is offline
                    Just keep swimming.
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Location: Australia
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 35
                      I'll definately enter. And considering I have an 8 hour flight today I'll have plenty of time, good luck everyone! :D
                      __________________
                      Shinies:

                      Reply With Quote
                        #18369    
                      Old July 8th, 2011 (8:22 PM).
                      2Cool4Mewtwo's Avatar
                      2Cool4Mewtwo 2Cool4Mewtwo is offline
                      Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2011
                      Location: Cerulean Cave
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Rash
                      Posts: 1,183
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
                      New Contest
                      Name: Shiny Journey
                      Rules: You must do a set number of encounters on every route (of any main story Pokemon game) until you find a shiny Pokemon. You must provide proof of this of this shiny or you won't be considered for the prize. You also must post (or PM me) saying you want to be entered.
                      Prize: Although it's not for sure yet, I am going to see if a moderator would be willing to put an emblem up on the winner's profile. Here is the emblem:

                      Shiny Journey Contest Winner
                      You've won a club sponsored shiny Pokemon hunt, although this isn't as nice as the shiny itself, it's still worth giving. Enjoy!
                      I'm not getting this... So you have to encounter certain number of pokemon on each route? to get shiny from it? or something else...?

                      P.S. - Bolded part. You might want to fix that
                      __________________


                      Reply With Quote
                        #18370    
                      Old July 9th, 2011 (6:38 AM).
                      Steven's Avatar
                      Steven Steven is offline
                      Bubblegum Betch
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2011
                      Location: Ohio
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 1,363
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
                      I'm not getting this... So you have to encounter certain number of pokemon on each route? to get shiny from it? or something else...?

                      P.S. - Bolded part. You might want to fix that
                      You go through each route and do a set amount of encounters (that you can pick yourself) on any game until you find a Shiny.

                      I'm doing mine in White. I started on Route 1, did 150 encounters. Went to Route 2, did 150 encounters. Went the Dreamyard and did some. So on and so forth.
                      __________________
                      ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

                      ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
                      Reply With Quote
                        #18371    
                      Old July 9th, 2011 (12:06 PM). Edited July 9th, 2011 by R.K 9.
                      R.K 9's Avatar
                      R.K 9 R.K 9 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Location: North-West England, UK
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 188
                        UPDATE
                        viridian forest:

                        Spoiler:
                        x121
                        x120
                        x28
                        x16
                        x15


                        route 4:

                        Spoiler:
                        x105
                        x92
                        x51
                        x25
                        x23
                        x4


                        mt. moon

                        Spoiler:
                        x174
                        x77
                        x37
                        x12


                        still no shinies as of yet.
                        __________________
                        http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic261589_1.gif
                        Reply With Quote
                          #18372    
                        Old July 9th, 2011 (12:26 PM).
                        Tails05's Avatar
                        Tails05 Tails05 is offline
                        It's Electric!
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2011
                          Location: That planet next to Mars
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Docile
                          Posts: 192
                          Update:

                          I am at Pinwheel Forest in Pokemon White with 100 encouters per location, and I've been to Routes 1-3, the Dreamyard, and Wellspring Cave. 650 encounters so far. After Pinwheel Forest, it's Route 4. Still no shinies...

                          And DS batteries are running low. -.-
                          __________________

                          O, wonder!
                          How many goodly creatures are there here!
                          How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
                          That has such people in it!


                          Pairless - PM me! | Owner of the ::Global Pokedex Plus Fanclub:: | GPX +
                          Jesus is the way ~
                          Reply With Quote
                            #18373    
                          Old July 9th, 2011 (3:43 PM). Edited July 9th, 2011 by Nato4eyes.
                          Nato4eyes's Avatar
                          Nato4eyes Nato4eyes is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2010
                            Location: BC, Canada
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 54
                            I'd like to enter....

                            I got my shiny after 31 encounters on route 1..... It was a Lillipup. Let me post my Proof on here in a second.

                            Besides the photo I also made video which is on youtube. The video is here Sorry for the bad quality D: My camera isnt the greatest.
                            Attached Images
                            File Type: jpg IMG_1250.jpg‎ (347.3 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                            __________________
                            Rebuilding that Event collection. My Collection
                            My Trade Reviews
                            Looking for a partner to open an event trade shop! PM me
                            3DSXL FC: 4940-5644-8577
                            2DS FC: 2638-2871-0750
                            3DS FC: 4098-4906-0897
                            Reply With Quote
                              #18374    
                            Old July 9th, 2011 (7:30 PM).
                            2Cool4Mewtwo's Avatar
                            2Cool4Mewtwo 2Cool4Mewtwo is offline
                            Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2011
                            Location: Cerulean Cave
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Rash
                            Posts: 1,183
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
                            You go through each route and do a set amount of encounters (that you can pick yourself) on any game until you find a Shiny.

                            I'm doing mine in White. I started on Route 1, did 150 encounters. Went to Route 2, did 150 encounters. Went the Dreamyard and did some. So on and so forth.
                            ooooohhh.... I get it now :D

                            I'm going to do this in my HeartGold version with 250 encounters per route down from Route 48 to Route 1. never found shinies from trying to do it from random encounter... (all of them were from dumb luck, when I never thought about it)
                            __________________


                            Reply With Quote
                              #18375    
                            Old July 9th, 2011 (7:56 PM).
                            TwilightBlade's Avatar
                            TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
                            All dreams are but another reality.
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: May 2007
                            Location: Florida
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Female
                            Posts: 6,674
                            I picked up a German Tympole from Wifi and I hope to breed my first masuda method shiny. o3o

                            As for the challenge, sign me up. I need to do something with White. Might as well try to find a RE shiny there. omg dual hunting. ^^
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:39 PM.