• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
SP, you already know that I'm against what your going to do with all important trainers. So here is my resolution, please allow me to edit the important trainers myself for my copy of the game and I will not hand out my copy, if you don't mind when the final beta comes out. Would you think that be fair, to save all the hassle of having Ash to test it out?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Could someone please help me out here?
To be honest, I have a few firestones but I don't know where I got them, I think you should just keep playing the game with your growlithe and click every item on the rodes as possible to at least try to find a fire stone, not to mention in Lauren there is a store that sells stones I think.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

1. Bee Badge
2. Growth Badge
3. Sail Badge
4. Dusk Badge
5. Fossil Badge
6. Power Badge
7. Winter Badge
8. Meteor Badge

For Lauren's badges:

1. Cave Badge
2. Strato Badge
3. Macho Badge
4. Erupt Badge
5. Blank Badge
6. Ninja Badge
7. Brain Badge
8. Plate Badge

Gym Leader/Elite Four of Lauren names:
Rhonda (Rocaverna)
Aerith (Guardave)
Katelyn (Lutasoco)
Craig (Volcasa)
Winston (Normono)
Brennan (Zoologinga)
Celeste (Mentospita)
Samantha (Mironheiro)

The Elite Four are:
Nancy (Poison)
Gordon (Ground)
Darcy (Dark)
Rachel (Dragon)
Blake (Champion)

The badge names sound cool. But y'know, for the Gym Leaders' names, their names have to both custom and have relationships with their types.

So, can you redo the names for the Lauren leaders and E4?

SP, you already know that I'm against what your going to do with all important trainers. So here is my resolution, please allow me to edit the important trainers myself for my copy of the game and I will not hand out my copy, if you don't mind when the final beta comes out. Would you think that be fair, to save all the hassle of having Ash to test it out?

Nope, that won't be fair.

As I've said, I'll let Ash do this and let him do the commenting about the levelling.

You aren't planning to use those mixes of English and Japanese names in game, are you? o.O
You know how I hate it.

That's your opinion, considering that my real name is a mix of an English and a Japanese name - Timothy Arato.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Is there an english version for this game? I downloaded the game in another language i have no idea what that is.

Years
"Nope, that won't be fair.

As I've said, I'll let Ash do this and let him do the commenting about the levelling."

I want to play this hack the way Wes has it, and it being tranlasated in english. I don't want to play the way you want to change it. That is what the true fans of this game should want.

Though SP you should be thankful I'm asking, and not doing the changes behind your back in the future when you actually release this.

Last edited:
Years
other than infinite rare candy and max stats cheats how in the world is Wesley expecting us to beat the game when the world championship is like lvl 70-100 pokemon?? :/

Years
I vouch to let SP do what he wants. He(and Ash)'s the one doing the translations and stuff not you guys. As far as making the hack harder. Seems more fun to me. Every single ROM hack I've played never even seemed difficult. Heck, Normal HG/SS is harder than 90% of the hacks I've played.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Listen, the majority of us have been playing pokemon for over ten years. We all have a good handle on the gameplay and if you are interested in the game enough to venture into the fanhacking community odds are you call yourself a master at the game. So i speak on behalf of the creators and the intelligent members of the pokemon community when i say. Who honestly cares if they up the levels of pokemon a bit. On paper pokemon is one of the easiest games ever. Worst case scenario you don't plow though the game and are required to spend time leveling up. Pokemon as a series is so easy we've invented Nuzlocke runs, Monotype runs, Solo runs, No item runs etc. Giving us english speakers more of a challenge is welcomed in fact. And last but not least, it's not your game, nothing is owed to you and they're making this game for their own satisfaction not for anyone's approval. If the difficulty is too much, don't play, they're not going to lose sleep over it.

I await the English version of the hack, like i did with B&W I've been saving myself for the English release. Not everyday we get a 100% completed hack, I'm proud of you guys for your work on it and your contribution in the pokemon world. Go light platinum!

Years
Oh, and I need some opinions on some new names for the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four in the Lauren region.
Also, their badges need new names.
#1 - Rock type Leader (Female) (Younger sister of Roark Hyouta, the first Gym Leader of the Sinnoh region)
#2 - Flying type Leader (Female) (Older cousin of Winona Nagi, the sixth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region)
#3 - Fighting type Leader (Female) (Daughter of Chuck Shijima, the fifth Gym Leader of the Johto region)
#4 - Fire type Leader (Male) (Younger brother of Flannery Moore, the fourth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region)
#5 - Normal type Leader (Male) (Son of Norman Haruka, the fifth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region)
#6 - Poison type Leader (Male) (Younger brother of Koga Kyo, the 2nd Elite Four of the Johto/Kanto League)
#7 - Psychic type Leader (Male) (Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu, the 7th Gym Leaders of the Hoenn region)
#8 - Steel type Leader (Female) (Older sister of Jasmine Mikan, the 6th Gym Leader of the Johto region)

Elite Four:
#1 - Poison type E4 (Female) (Younger sister of Koga Kyo, the 2nd Elite Four of the Johto/Kanto League)
#2 - Normal type E4 (Male)
#3 - Flying type E4 (Female)
#4 - Dragon type E4 (Female)

Gym Leader Names & Badges Ideas:

1. Pebble Badge Grania
2. Gale Badge Sulli
3. Exercise Badge Victoria
4. Soot Badge Charles
5. Ordinary Badge Orion
6. Medicine Badge Key
7. Spell Badge El
8. Resistance Badge Stacey

Elite Four:

1. Krystal
2. Niel
3. Amber
4. Evia

Hope it helped :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Listen, the majority of us have been playing pokemon for over ten years. We all have a good handle on the gameplay and if you are interested in the game enough to venture into the fanhacking community odds are you call yourself a master at the game. So i speak on behalf of the creators and the intelligent members of the pokemon community when i say. Who honestly cares if they up the levels of pokemon a bit. On paper pokemon is one of the easiest games ever. Worst case scenario you don't plow though the game and are required to spend time leveling up. Pokemon as a series is so easy we've invented Nuzlocke runs, Monotype runs, Solo runs, No item runs etc. Giving us english speakers more of a challenge is welcomed in fact. And last but not least, it's not your game, nothing is owed to you and they're making this game for their own satisfaction not for anyone's approval. If the difficulty is too much, don't play, they're not going to lose sleep over it.

I await the English version of the hack, like i did with B&W I've been saving myself for the English release. Not everyday we get a 100% completed hack, I'm proud of you guys for your work on it and your contribution in the pokemon world. Go light platinum!

Nice. Another person rooting for the editor's changes!

how? i though that him and ash493 were just in charge of translations?? and when's it gonna be ready btw im anxiouss:(

Nope, I'm in charge of the whole hack, considering that my current position is the co-creator/editor of this hack.

Also, don't listen to Xtreme. I'm making this hack easier, because Wesley overlevelled the Zheri league and he also overlevelled Wesley's PKMN.

You do realize SP is making the hack harder?

Nope, it's going to be easier.

I want to play this hack the way Wes has it, and it being tranlasated in english. I don't want to play the way you want to change it. That is what the true fans of this game should want.

Though SP you should be thankful I'm asking, and not doing the changes behind your back in the future when you actually release this.

Oh, but you can't. I'm the one who is in charge of this hack, now, and there's nothing you can do about it. Not even the mods can bother with it, because Wesley has given permission to me. I even have proof. Would you like to see it?

Thankful? No, thank you, I'm not going to thank you.

other than infinite rare candy and max stats cheats how in the world is Wesley expecting us to beat the game when the world championship is like lvl 70-100 pokemon?? :/

For Ash, I'm going to reduce his PKMN's levels. They're not going to be Lv. 100. Just something lower.

I vouch to let SP do what he wants. He(and Ash)'s the one doing the translations and stuff not you guys. As far as making the hack harder. Seems more fun to me. Every single ROM hack I've played never even seemed difficult. Heck, Normal HG/SS is harder than 90% of the hacks I've played.

Cool! I'm glad that some people root for me for the changes!
Root for the editor, people!

Well there's one BIG difference. Your Japanese part of name is something you could have as an surname but having name consisted of two first names does NOT sound cool ;)

As far as I'm concerned, all of the Japanese names of the people in the PKMN series are all surnames. (For example, Hikari [Dawn in English] is a surname) C'mon, Ash, I used to live in Japan, and I know Japanese surnames more than you do. So, there is no problem with that.

Gym Leader Names & Badges Ideas:

1. Pebble Badge Grania
2. Gale Badge Sulli
3. Exercise Badge Victoria
4. Soot Badge Charles
5. Ordinary Badge Orion
6. Medicine Badge Key
7. Spell Badge El
8. Resistance Badge Stacey

Elite Four:

1. Krystal
2. Niel
3. Amber
4. Evia

Hope it helped :)

Sadly, I'm only going to take one name. (The one in bold)
You should redo the other names. As I've said, they need to be both custom and share relationships with their Gym type.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As far as I'm concerned, all of the Japanese names of the people in the PKMN series are all surnames. (For example, Hikari [Dawn in English] is a surname) C'mon, Ash, I used to live in Japan, and I know Japanese surnames more than you do. So, there is no problem with that.
SOME not ALL.
Just don't use them it game, please, it'd only lengthen the text strings ;)

Alex31

Pro D<
Years
Just my two cents, since i've watched this game grow from the moment it was started o3o

I think. That as long as the core story hasn't been changed and the wild Pokemon aren't changed, then SP would have artistic liberty to edit the trainers and levels for the English release.

However; if doing this would postpone the release of the translation, i'd rather see an unedited version (Version 0.9) surface, and let players chose if they'd rather wait for the edited version, or play the version of the game as Wes designed it.

Again, just my two cents >>

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Just my two cents, since i've watched this game grow from the moment it was started o3o

I think. That as long as the core story hasn't been changed and the wild Pokemon aren't changed, then SP would have artistic liberty to edit the trainers and levels for the English release.

However; if doing this would postpone the release of the translation, i'd rather see an unedited version (Version 0.9) surface, and let players chose if they'd rather wait for the edited version, or play the version of the game as Wes designed it.

Again, just my two cents >>

Progress is smooth. It's just that I'm waiting for Ash to fix up the errors.
After Ash sends me back the patch, progress will be even smoother than before.

Years
Actually some gym leaders like Brock, Roxanne, Norman, Iris, Misty, and Erika aren't custom names. I just named them those names since they relate to their type since it is meaningful. Also for relatives you can decide that on your own since you came up with the idea.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Actually some gym leaders like Brock, Roxanne, Norman, Iris, Misty, and Erika aren't custom names. I just named them those names since they relate to their type since it is meaningful. Also for relatives you can decide that on your own since you came up with the idea.

Please, help me with the names. You did a very good job in renaming the cities' names (Although Soilandust City is not as good as Groment City).

You can do the same for the Lauren Gym Leaders + E4 names.

Back