• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotionally attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Heh, well I think this is an interesting topic. The question may sound a little exaggerated but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Do you find yourself get emotionally attached to the Pokémon you train in your games? I mean, I know you can't really communicate with them and such, but you do work hard to train most of them, and some help you out through most of the games.

Like, I sometimes feel pretty bad when one of my Pokémon faints and feel sorry for it, rather than get angry. xD

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Yeah, I get this a lot. Especially if they're one of the species I like - I hate having to trade poké's I've had a long time and I feel so bad if they faint.l

Especially if they're my only chance of winning the battle :x

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Yeah, I call this Pokemon Eric the Honchkrow.
430.png

I raised him since he was just a little Murkrow, and even though he's a total badass right now, I can't help but feel bad for him when he faints.

He's always in my party and he's almost always in first place if I'm not doing any sort of Battle-Tower esque stuff. He's bar none my favourite Pokemon in the entire game, over other Honchies and everything, and even though in general Murkrow is my favourite Pokemon, Eric always wins my heart over every time. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Yeah, I have felt that way a couple of times before, especially with my starters.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I get emotionally attached to my starter Pokemon, as well as any of the Pokemon I train or breed for competitively.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
Years
I literally call my Pokemon my babies. I raise many of my favorites from hatchlings, and I develop a parental bond with them. I imagine them with their personalities, and allow myself to be completely sucked into the "Pokeverse". Sometimes I like to brag about my "children" to my other Pokemon-playing friends. Luckily, they don't think it's weird, because they do the same thing lol.

I was devastated when I lost Platinum... I only hope that if anyone found it, they didn't erase my babies! My precious little ones! T_T

Years
Kinda like Smooky said.
I don't refer to them as my baby's but.. I also love my Pokémon and imagine them with their personalities etc <3
I also try to get my Pokémon through various events (trading with friends, spin off games, in game events ect) so that many of my Pokémon have a background story of where I got them from.
Vulpix has always been my fav Pokémon - I got mine from XD. I specially like the Colosseum/XD Pokémon due to the story with needing to get friendly with them before unlocking their hearts etc.
My Vulpix didn't end up getting a too good nature but.. I love her either way <3
And again, same as Smooky, I lost my Ruby (or rather a friend deleted it...) with my very first Pokémon ever D:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I don't get really attached to them. But I find it hard to watch my starter Pokemon get knocked out. ;-; Because y'know it's my starter, they usually stick with me throughout the entire game until I transfer. If I start a new game I'll usually trade it. But then forget about it. ;-;

For some reason I get attached to my Pokemon in Nuzlockes, I get attached to them quicker and for some reason get really annoyed when they die.

But I don't get freakishly attached.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
Years
  • Age 27
  • NYC
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Now that I think about it, I really do. I don't refer to them as my babies or anything like that, but I do get sad when they faint and I imagine they have personalities that I guess I do get attached to. I also get sad whenever I restart my games, even if I hadn't been playing in quite some time.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I really do get attached to my Pokemon. I don't know how to live without without my Blaziken!

mrcroconaw

That Croconaw
Years
I've definitely gotten attached to my Pokemon, that's for sure. I can't stand it when my Pokemon faint when I could've easily prevented it, haha. Every Pokemon I've ever owned/trained with me to the Champion is special to me, that's for sure.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
Years
Yeah, I definitely get attached, and I'm glad I'm not the only one, haha!

I'll feel really bad/sad when they faint, and a lot of times I'll coax them through a hard battle. I'll even feel bad if I give them too long of a break from battling with me cos I start to think they feel neglected or something...lol.

smithtism

Blank
Years
Well of course I get attached to the Pokemon I raise. They become friendly with me, so it's only natural that I would feel the same way. Raising Pokemon is like raising a pet: there isn't really much point to raising them if you don't feel even a little love for them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I'm total nuzlocke- I never let any of my Pokemon faint. If they do, I restart. I don't want my friendship with them to be damaged because of a petty battle!

jammi567

Absolutly, especially my starter. The fullyevolved starter could be a worse Pokemon than Sunkurn and Magikarp , and I would still use it on my team.

After all, it's the first Pokemon that you have on your team.

IAshKetchum

Pokémon master.
Years
Not really, the only timei felt attached was when i was going to reset my ruby version.. mannn all them pokémon and all the time i spent raising them in them childhood. Was hard letting go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back