• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I rather prefer the first one.The second's rocks are too dark and blend with the ground.It's kinda hard to distinguish it.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
Hmmm... i kinda like the second one better. Maybe if u took the color of the ground from option one and colored the rocks in option two that color, it might look good. Idk tho. Just a suggestion im throwin out there.

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
I think the second background looks better. It's darker, so it looks more like the floor of an actual cave. (and I like dark things lol)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #10

Hi! I joined because I love hacked games. Anyway, could you tell me please, how long i it now, and how long do you plan to make it? So I mean now how long does it take to get to this version's end and how long do you plan to get to the last version's end. (playtime ;) )
(It would be awesome if all pokemon would be able to be caught :) I hated the original ones because I could have only one starter and there were differences between the two versions. So I suggest letting us catching all of them. For example for the rare pokemons a safari zoor thing like that :) )
Of course all of the Pokemon will be available to capture. Most rares via RTC Events, others in the Safari Zone.
go with the second floor thingy-ma-jiggy

Option 2 is better than Option 1.
So for me Option 2.

This hack is truly amazing! I might be able to make a userbar if you want. Oh and i'd go with option 2, it looks nicer imo.

Thanks for voting.

This hack is great, i wish you would use the fourth generation to, only because i want to play with glaceon and leafeon, but hey the game is still great.
Sorry only Gen III Pokemon, I would love to add 4th gen's but there isn't any room for them.
I guess option 2 is better. I hope we can give certain ideas that you may be able to use.
Oh and the at the first or at the second gym we should get the fly. It always annoyed me that I had to wait for it for too long.
I think you should give us the running shoes at the beginning too :)
I hope these ideas will be useful!
You get the Running Shoes before you can even leave your home town. Regarding Fly, there's already a point in the story in which you get it, and unfortunately it isn't until after the 4th Gym.

Hm. I still like the first one. :P

I like the second one ( : looks more cave-ish lol.
Thanks for voting.

I rather prefer the first one.The second's rocks are too dark and blend with the ground.It's kinda hard to distinguish it.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing!

Hmmm... i kinda like the second one better. Maybe if u took the color of the ground from option one and colored the rocks in option two that color, it might look good. Idk tho. Just a suggestion im throwin out there.
Right now the rocks are the same color in both screenshots. They look better in the first option due to the contrast.

I think the second background looks better. It's darker, so it looks more like the floor of an actual cave. (and I like dark things lol)
It's actually the exact same color as the new cave tiles.

Update:

Alright guys I have big news. I've finally decided on a Beta release date! The beta will be released September 5, 2011! I'm only one town away from finishing the beta [story-wise] actually. The reason I put the release for so far off is so that I have time to work on mini-games, sidequest, and improving the overall look of the game. I'm also in need of some testers. The beta testers picked will have had to be on PC for more than 6 months and are active members of the board. If you want to apply send me a PM. The beta will be sent to approved testers the week of August 27th.
So yeah, that's the big news regarding the beta. In other news I've inserted new cave tiles, credit to Kyledove for the tiles and Manipulation for the idea [since Sienna uses the same tiles]. Also I have another battle background to show off. It's the exact same as the other indoor tiles except for in a different palette. So far there are three colors, Blue for the Gym Leaders, Purple for the Gym Trainers, and Green as a default. Since FR has so many different palettes for the indoor battles expect to see some other variations including Grey and Red.
The rest of the screenshots are pretty self explanatory. With quite a few relating to the Who You Gonna Call? mini-game. To save space [and avoid boring the players who don't care about the mini-game] I've put the details relating to the Mini-game in spoiler tags. If you don't care about the mini game, skip the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Finally, there's a screenshot from an event in Echo Tunnel. This is where all of your rivals finally meet each other. This event is pretty pivotal to the secondary plot in Shattered Dreams.
Enough talking though, here are the screenshots.

sd115.png
sd114.png
sd112.png

sd113.png
sd111.png
sd110.png

sd109.png
sd108.png
sd107.png

sd105.png
SD102.png
SD91.png

Conclusion
Keep voting on the cave floors. Also keep commenting and telling me what you'd like to see in this beta, bearing in mind that this is only a three gym beta and the story element is pretty much completed. I have a few ideas I want to implement but I gotta make sure that they're possible and I credit the proper people. There will only be two more updates before the release of the beta.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I kinda looked over this hack before, and I so regret it now. The features are amazing, and I'll definitely play it when the beta comes out. Plus, the plot involves Jirachi, which is a major plus. XD The Ghostbusters-style mini-quest seems interesting. :) Also, I like that you're implementing dive. I've always loved that HM. XD

Also, I prefer the first battle background/option 1. It just looks more visually pleasing imo, although I do like the dark floor of option 2, although I think it just blends in just too much. :\

Last edited:

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Thanks! You won't be disappointed.

I'm happy whenever anyone plays my hack, whether it's one person or 937!

Thanks! I love the Pokennect too! The beta will not disappoint. That's a promise.

Just for you, I'll even include a few screenshots of the minigame in action!

Yup. I'm trying my best to make this hack stand out.

Can you tell me exactly what happened and what emulator you're using via PM. Thanks.

POLL
I'm working as fast as I can. So far I am proud to say that there are NO bugs, errors [grammatical or otherwise] or oddities to report in the current working build [besides the DNS issue that's in the first post]. Update #10 will come by the end of this week, [I'm shooting for Thursday]. In beta news, I still don't have a release date though I'm aiming for late August/Early September. It will have only 3 gyms and covers the first 8/17cities and towns of the region. As long as everything goes according to plan the beta will be out before everyone starts school. But the main reason I'm doing this minor update is because I have a question. On page 4 everyone saw the whole thing with Frostbite claiming I stole his content or whatever and I ended up changing the cave battlebacks. Well today I made it to a cave [Coal Tunnel] and decided the platform for the caves didn't look right, so I recolored them. But I don't know which one is better:

Option 1
newcaves.png

-or-

Option 2
option1.png

Leave a comment below and tell me which platform color I should stick to. I may or may not change the brown rim around the edge of the platform depending on whether or not I find a suitable color. Let me know what you think!
Make the brown rim on option 2 be a darker version of the existing shade used for the floor.

Also, the female version coming up.

If you need gym leaders, PLEASE PM me. I demand practice.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Nooo.... I wanted all my city names to be unique; now you gone and used Beacon city. Altough your a copy cat (Just kidding); you have some nice screen shots on your hands. The mapping, on the other hand, seems a little too square for my taste.I like the attempts, and success at changing some of the core graphics. Good Luck~NarutoActor

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
Years
I like the ghostbuster mini-game idea! Ghostbusters x Pokemon= :) Caves.... Hmmm... I don't like caves... I can't see very well and I feel trapped. :( So, I choose the lighter colored one!

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
idk if i shouldnt be double posting or if i shouldve just edited my old post but ima just wing it ( :
this might be a little early to ask but will there be any legendary pkmn? if so, do you know which ones?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
idk if i shouldnt be double posting or if i shouldve just edited my old post but ima just wing it ( :
this might be a little early to ask but will there be any legendary pkmn? if so, do you know which ones?

Should just edit your post so the admins dont bug you and since your not the OP then your not invincible to double posting.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Yup, there will be an Mystery Gift Event to obtain an item that will allow you to catch Entei in the first beta. Since the beta only covers the first arc of the story, so far he is the only one. Beta 2 is more story oriented so that's when more legendaries will be available.

Announcement
I've made huge progress on the hack with-in the last week. In fact Beta 1 is done! Right now I'm polishing it up. Beta Testers will get their copy of the hack in their PM boxes by next Friday. The beta will be out at midnight on September 5th.

The beta ends after meeting "a special person" at the top of Ouija Temple.
You will not be able to head north of Beacon City until Beta 2. There are 4 RTC Events planned. The Eggcellent Togepi starts September 5th and lasts until October 1st.

Also I stated that there would be 2 more updates preceeding the Beta release. I've already written up both updates [36 screenshots in all] but I'm thinking about cancelling them to build anticipation. However I'd like to know what you all think? Let me know if you want an update or if you want to wait until the beta to find out about these two new features.

I will probably take a few weeks off before starting work on Beta 2 but I'll still be lurking around the forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back