ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old August 1st, 2011 (5:21 AM).
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hacks0rus View Post
    Ok, back now with yet more problems.

I changed my rom to fire red because Sapphire just wasnt working for me.

i got this script to work:
    Spoiler:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x71A294
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x871A2F8 '"Hi"
    callstd 0x3
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x71A2F8
    = Hi

but whenever i try a simple script from the tutorials on the forum, the character appears, the message box sound is heard but no message box comes up?

Script:
    Spoiler:
    #dynamic 0x71A294
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Hi.\nMy name is Richard.
    The script seems fine.

Are you sure you're pasting the correct offset to your sprite? Remember that #dynamic only tells XSE where to start looking for space, and isn't the offset where it's necessarily going to write the data too. Make sure you have Show Log checked in the Batch Compiler, and when you compile the script, see which offset it gives you.

If that's not the problem, try deleting and re-inserting the overworld in A-Map, or changing the person event #.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 1st, 2011 (12:36 PM).
    Monster Raving Looney

Ok. this is the script i put in:

#dynamic 0x71A584
      #org @start
      lock
      faceplayer
      msgbox @1 0x6
      release
      end

#org @1

after compiling and choosing the offset next to @start, this is what it comes up with:

'-----------------------
      #org 0x71A584
      lock
      faceplayer
      msgbox 0x871A58F '"Hi.\nMy name is Richard."
      release
      end

'---------
      ' Strings
      '---------
      #org 0x71A58F

in game the player appears and turns to look but no message box appears.
      Old August 1st, 2011 (12:41 PM).
      On vacation

Nature: Bold
        Quote:

#dynamic 0x71A584
        #org @start
        lock
        faceplayer
        msgbox @1 0x6
        release
        end

#org @1

after compiling and choosing the offset next to @start, this is what it comes up with:

'-----------------------
        #org 0x71A584
        lock
        faceplayer
        release
        end

'---------
        ' Strings
        '---------
        #org 0x71A58F

That. My friend. Is curious... All I can think of is this:

#dynamic 0xwhateva finds the closest free space to that offset. Most people use #dynamic 0x800000 because the space before that should be left untouched because it isn't free. The actual space that shouldn't be touched is just about below 0x720000 So you could use that as well. But you're below that number, which means that maybe you messed something up? Try using #dynamic 0x800000 or #dynamic 0x720000 and recompile. If that doesn't work, then I guess there's something wrong with your ROM...

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
        Old August 1st, 2011 (12:46 PM).
        Dedicated Scripter!

Quote:

#dynamic 0x71A584
          #org @start
          lock
          faceplayer
          msgbox @1 0x6
          release
          end

#org @1

'-----------------------
          #org 0x71A584
          lock
          faceplayer
          release
          end

'---------
          ' Strings
          '---------
          #org 0x71A58F

I had the same problem, everything would work, except for messages. Applymovement, givepokemon, no problem, but a simple message, it would bleep, and no box. What my problem was, is the wrong version of XSE, I think I had 1.0.1, and next I downloaded v1.1.1 and it worked, same script, same ROM.

I downloaded 1.0.1 in the first place 'cause the links in HackMews factory did not work, so I googled it. But the correct (for me) version can be found in the diegoisawesome's thread somewhere, I posted it too a while ago. Search that thread for the words XSE or something....

Credits to: .Mini
          Old August 1st, 2011 (12:47 PM).
          • Crystal Tier

Additionally, it was save some space if you replace:
          lock
          faceplayer
          msgbox @1 0x6
          with:
          msgbox @1 0x2.

0x2 includes the lock and faceplayer commands in it.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
          Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
          Old August 2nd, 2011 (5:22 PM). Edited August 2nd, 2011 by ares10.

Nature: Brave

-I'm new to scripting and this is my first superscript
            -first do i have this laid out right and are there any problems with it.

when you step on the event a sprite is supposed to flicker a little then appear, someone talks then an exclamation mark appears over another sprite, a lot more talking, then they all walk into a building and it fades the screen and it warps somewhere else.

Spoiler:
            #dynamic 0x800000
            #org @start
            checkflag 0x800
            if 0x1 goto @done
            lock
            faceplayer
            applymovement 0x03 @move
            msgbox @1 0x6
            applymovement 0x04 @move2
            waitmovement 0x0
            msgbox @2 0x6
            applymovement 0x06 @move3
            msgbox @3 0x6
            msgbox @4 0x6
            mshbox @5 0x6
            mshbox @6 0x6
            mshbox @7 0x6
            fadescreen 0x1
            warp 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
            release
            end

#org @done
            release
            end

#org @move
            #raw 0x60
            #raw 0x61
            #raw 0x60
            #raw 0x61
            #raw 0x60
            #raw 0x61
            #raw 0x60
            #raw 0x61
            #raw 0x60
            #raw 0x61
            #raw 0x60
            #raw 0xFE

#org @1
            = ???: Pardon me. You wouldn’t\nhappen to know where I could find\lLANCE the DRAGON master, would\lyou?\p\v\h01: …Dad? Can you come\noutside\lreally quick?\p???: Erm, that won’t be\nnecessary. All I need is too…

#org @2
            = LANCE: DOCTOR…!

#org @move2
            #raw 0x65

#org @3
            = \v\h01: DOCTOR? Doctor who?\pLANCE: I’ll explain later.\pDR.: Actually, I think I ought to\nexplain myself. Now, what is your\lname?\p\v\h01: \v\h01, Mr.-- Erm, DR.\nDR.: Excellent. And your father\lis LANCE?\p\v\h01: Well, yeah.\nDR.: Is that so? Well, you see,\lyour father and I met quite a\lwhile ago, back before he even\ljoined the Elite Four, and,\llogically, before you were born.\lI found him while he was training\lto take on the PKMN League, and\ltook him under my wing as we\ljoined to defeat Team Glacier,\lwho aimed to freeze the planet of\lBarcelona. All of that practice\lagainst Ice, his sole weakness,\lhelped him to dominate the\lLeague, which is why he’s who he\lis now. That was a pretty crazy\ladventure, was it not?\pLANCE: It certainly was, but\nthat’s not why you’re here, is it?

#org @4
            = DR.: …No, it’s not. There is a\nsinister team that I am tracking\ldown that goes by the name of\lRagnarok. They’ve been working on\la highly secretive plan for\lyears, and I’ve been tracking\lthem.\pLANCE: How secretive?\pDR.: Did you know they existed\nuntil now?\pLANCE: No Idea.\pDR.: Then you probably don’t know\nthat they caused the premature\leruption of Cinnibar Island’s\lvolcano, and used high-pitch\lfrequency airwaves to drive the\lGyarados, who protect the region,\lto flood the Power Plant, cutting\loff the power to the entire\lregion, allowing them to bring it\lunder its control.\pLANCE: …WHAT!?

#org @5
            = \v\h01: We can’t let that happen!\pDR.: No, we cannot. But while it\nseems that they are just aiming\lfor world domination, there\lexists an ulterior motive. Are\lyou aware of MEWTWO?\l\v\h01: I’ve heard legends of it,\lbut I’m not too familiar\lotherwise…\pDR.: It’s not a legend. It\nexists. And everything they’ve\ldone is leading up to it. But for\lnow, that’s more or less\lirrelevant. What’s important now\lis that we stop them from\lcompleting the preliminary stage\lof their plot.\pLANCE: Right. What’s your plan,\nDOCTOR?\pDR.: As it happens, I was hoping\nyou’d have a child. This time, I\lneed \v\h01‘s help.\pLANCE: Hold on a minute, -[HERO]-\njust got a PKMN. I’m not certain\lI want to let you pull -[HERO]- into\lthis if it’s truly as bad as it\lsound, which it likely does.\pDR.: Nonsense! Really, the\nconditions could not be more\lperfect for \v\h01. You know, you\lweren’t that much older than him\lwhen I met you.

@org @6
            = LANCE: I was 19. \v\h01‘s just not\n16. It was a foolish idea for me\lto go along with you that\lhappened to turn out perfectly,\lbut I can’t trust things to be so\lperfect twice in a row, and I\ldon’t think you can guarantee\lthat nothing will happen to\l\v\h01.\pDR.: Now, really, LANCE. You’re\nhurting my feelings! Do you\lreally think I would ever let\lanything happen to \v\h01? Things\lturned out well for you because I\lwas with you every step of the\lway. How can you expect me to do\lany less for \v\h01?\pLANCE: …I don’t know, DOCTOR.\n\v\h01: I do.\pLANCE: \v\h01?\p\v\h01: If this guy’s the reason\nyou became a Master and a\lChampion, then I want to go with\lhim, too. Besides, it can’t be\lthat hard, can it?\pLANCE: (sigh)… Neither of you are\ngoing to let up about this, are\lyou?\p\v\h01: Nope.\nDR.: Not as long as the world is\lin danger.

@org @7
            = LANCE: …Alright. But, \v\h01, I\nneed you go talk to your mother\labout this. DOCTOR, would you\lmind coming in as well?\pDR.: Not at all, old friend. Not\nat all.

#org @move3
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x11

Hacks I support:
            Old August 2nd, 2011 (5:52 PM).
            On vacation

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ares10 View Post

-I'm new to scripting and this is my first superscript
              -first do i have this laid out right and are there any problems with it.

when you step on the event a sprite is supposed to flicker a little then appear, someone talks then an exclamation mark appears over another sprite, a lot more talking, then they all walk into a building and it fades the screen and it warps somewhere else.

Spoiler:
              #dynamic 0x800000
              #org @start
              checkflag 0x800
              if 0x1 goto @done
              lock
              faceplayer
              applymovement 0x03 @move
              msgbox @1 0x6
              waitmovement 0x0
              msgbox @2 0x6
              msgbox @3 0x6
              msgbox @4 0x6
              mshbox @5 0x6
              mshbox @6 0x6
              mshbox @7 0x6
              fadescreen 0x1
              warp 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
              release
              end

#org @done
              release
              end

#org @move
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0xFE

#org @1
              = ???: Pardon me. You wouldn’t\nhappen to know where I could find\lLANCE the DRAGON master, would\lyou?\p\v\h01: …Dad? Can you come\noutside\lreally quick?\p???: Erm, that won’t be\nnecessary. All I need is too…

#org @2

#org @move2
              #raw 0x65

#org @3
              = \v\h01: DOCTOR? Doctor who?\pLANCE: I’ll explain later.\pDR.: Actually, I think I ought to\nexplain myself. Now, what is your\lname?\p\v\h01: \v\h01, Mr.-- Erm, DR.\nDR.: Excellent. And your father\lis LANCE?\p\v\h01: Well, yeah.\nDR.: Is that so? Well, you see,\lyour father and I met quite a\lwhile ago, back before he even\ljoined the Elite Four, and,\llogically, before you were born.\lI found him while he was training\lto take on the PKMN League, and\ltook him under my wing as we\ljoined to defeat Team Glacier,\lwho aimed to freeze the planet of\lBarcelona. All of that practice\lagainst Ice, his sole weakness,\lhelped him to dominate the\lLeague, which is why he’s who he\lis now. That was a pretty crazy\ladventure, was it not?\pLANCE: It certainly was, but\nthat’s not why you’re here, is it?

#org @4
              = DR.: …No, it’s not. There is a\nsinister team that I am tracking\ldown that goes by the name of\lRagnarok. They’ve been working on\la highly secretive plan for\lyears, and I’ve been tracking\lthem.\pLANCE: How secretive?\pDR.: Did you know they existed\nuntil now?\pLANCE: No Idea.\pDR.: Then you probably don’t know\nthat they caused the premature\leruption of Cinnibar Island’s\lvolcano, and used high-pitch\lfrequency airwaves to drive the\lGyarados, who protect the region,\lto flood the Power Plant, cutting\loff the power to the entire\lregion, allowing them to bring it\lunder its control.\pLANCE: …WHAT!?

#org @5
              = \v\h01: We can’t let that happen!\pDR.: No, we cannot. But while it\nseems that they are just aiming\lfor world domination, there\lexists an ulterior motive. Are\lyou aware of MEWTWO?\l\v\h01: I’ve heard legends of it,\lbut I’m not too familiar\lotherwise…\pDR.: It’s not a legend. It\nexists. And everything they’ve\ldone is leading up to it. But for\lnow, that’s more or less\lirrelevant. What’s important now\lis that we stop them from\lcompleting the preliminary stage\lof their plot.\pLANCE: Right. What’s your plan,\nDOCTOR?\pDR.: As it happens, I was hoping\nyou’d have a child. This time, I\lneed \v\h01‘s help.\pLANCE: Hold on a minute, -[HERO]-\njust got a PKMN. I’m not certain\lI want to let you pull -[HERO]- into\lthis if it’s truly as bad as it\lsound, which it likely does.\pDR.: Nonsense! Really, the\nconditions could not be more\lperfect for \v\h01. You know, you\lweren’t that much older than him\lwhen I met you.

@org @6
              = LANCE: I was 19. \v\h01‘s just not\n16. It was a foolish idea for me\lto go along with you that\lhappened to turn out perfectly,\lbut I can’t trust things to be so\lperfect twice in a row, and I\ldon’t think you can guarantee\lthat nothing will happen to\l\v\h01.\pDR.: Now, really, LANCE. You’re\nhurting my feelings! Do you\lreally think I would ever let\lanything happen to \v\h01? Things\lturned out well for you because I\lwas with you every step of the\lway. How can you expect me to do\lany less for \v\h01?\pLANCE: …I don’t know, DOCTOR.\n\v\h01: I do.\pLANCE: \v\h01?\p\v\h01: If this guy’s the reason\nyou became a Master and a\lChampion, then I want to go with\lhim, too. Besides, it can’t be\lthat hard, can it?\pLANCE: (sigh)… Neither of you are\ngoing to let up about this, are\lyou?\p\v\h01: Nope.\nDR.: Not as long as the world is\lin danger.

@org @7
              = LANCE: …Alright. But, \v\h01, I\nneed you go talk to your mother\labout this. DOCTOR, would you\lmind coming in as well?\pDR.: Not at all, old friend. Not\nat all.

#org @move3
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x11

Could you maybe share what goes wrong? But here are a few mistakes, the fixes are in bold

Spoiler:
              Code:
              #dynamic 0x800000
              #org @start
              lock
              faceplayer
              checkflag 0x800
              if 0x1 goto @done
              applymovement 0x03 @move
              waitmovement 0x0
              msgbox @1 0x6
              waitmovement 0x0
              msgbox @2 0x6
              waitmovement 0x0
              msgbox @3 0x6
              msgbox @4 0x6
              mshbox @5 0x6
              mshbox @6 0x6
              mshbox @7 0x6
              fadescreen 0x1
              warp 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
              release
              end

#org @done
              release
              end

#org @move
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0xFE

#org @1

#org @2

#org @move2
              #raw 0x65
              #raw 0xFE

#org @3

#org @4

#org @5

@org @6

@org @7

#org @move3
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x11 
              #raw 0xFE

The waitmovement's aren't necessary, but I'm not sure how you planned the script... So I put them there anyway But take them out if you meant it to not pause. You forgot to end your @move2 and @move3 by using #raw 0xFE. Lock and faceplayer aren't needed, seeing as this is an event tile. Unless this happens when talking to a person, then use them, and put them at the front of the script, check for flags after.

Also, always make sure when using applymovement in scripts to have the following settings at the event tile:

Picture is from diegoisawesome's script tutorial.

If this hasn't fixed your issue, repost with extra details on what goes wrong

Old August 2nd, 2011 (10:07 PM).

Nature: Calm
                My Info
                Spoiler:
                ROM:Fire Red
                ROM TYPE: BPR
                ROM LANGUAGE: E
                ROM VERSION: 1.0

My Problem

Im trying to make a applymovement/battle script! Just like the ones when Gary battles you. The problem is that my script is not making the person i call upon to move to me and engage in battle! Instead when I walk on the script tile the game freezes. Below is my script.

Spoiler:
                '-----------------------
                #org 0x726643
                checkflag 0x2012
                showsprite 0x2
                applymovement 0x2 0x872666F
                waitmovement 0x0
                msgbox 0x872667F '"Hey wait up!"
                callstd 0x6
                trainerbattle 0x1 0x15F 0x0 0x872668D 0x87266A0 0x87266B2
                #raw 02
                #raw pointer 0x111111FF
                writebytetooffset 0x11 0xE0E0311
                setbyte 0xE
                writebytetooffset 0x11 0xC2FFFE11

'-----------------------
                #org 0x7266B2
                msgbox 0x87266CB '"Well I have to go, bye."

'-----------
                ' Movements
                '-----------
                #org 0x72666F
                #raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
                #raw 3 'Face Right
                #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                #raw FE 'End of Movements

'---------
                ' Strings
                '---------
                #org 0x72667F
                = Hey wait up!

#org 0x72668D
                = I want to battle!

#org 0x7266A0
                = Wow nice battle.

#org 0x7266CB
                = Well I have to go, bye.
                Old August 2nd, 2011 (10:44 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by HACKERXIDE View Post
                  Instead when I walk on the script tile the game freezes.
                  Something seems off about the offsets in your writebytetooffset calls. Why are you writing data directly to those locations?

(Just loaded a FireRed ROM in VBA... According to its memory viewer, nothing exists past 9FF87BF. In fact, if my math is right, 0xC2FFFE11 would only exist in a 3GB ROM!)
                  Old August 2nd, 2011 (10:50 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
                    Something seems off about the offsets in your writebytetooffset calls. Why are you writing data directly to those locations?

(Just loaded a FireRed ROM in VBA... According to its memory viewer, nothing exists past 9FF87BF. In fact, if my math is right, 0xC2FFFE11 would only exist in a 3GB ROM!)
                    Well actually thats not where i originally wrote the data to, once i compiled my script it seems to automatically put that...
                    Old August 2nd, 2011 (11:14 PM).
                    Moderate Scripter(Expert Soon)

#org $script
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      message $intro
                      $intro 1 = Hello \v\h01, My name is Yesith. I am\nThe best trainer of the whole universe,\pAlso known as.....\na POKEMON MASTER!\pI have been sent from the planet "iY"\nto battle you and see if you are ready\pto be my successor....\nso let us see if you are ready....
                      boxset 6
                      checkflag 0x80E
                      if 0x01 goto $battle
                      message $not
                      $not 1 = Sorry...\nBut you are still not ready.\pReturn to me once you have earned all\nof the badges that are of gyms.
                      boxset 6
                      release
                      end

#org $battle
                      applymovement 0 $pop
                      $pop 1 ; #binary 0x56 0xFE
                      pause 0x40
                      Message $ready
                      $ready 1 = I see....\nYou are ready to face me in battle as\pyou have earned all of the badges that\nare of gyms.....\pBut it is your decision.....\nAre you ready to battle me?
                      boxset 5
                      compare 0x800D 0x0001
                      if 0x01 goto $sure
                      message $worthless
                      $worthless 1 = You are worthless!!\nYou do not deserve to be a pokemon\pmaster!\nI shall leave now...\pAnd never again shall you recieve\nthe oppurtunity.....\pto take my place.....\nPEACE OUT!!
                      boxset 6
                      fadescreen 1
                      removesprite 0
                      setflag 0x1211
                      pause 0x10
                      fadescreen 0
                      release
                      end

#org $sure
                      message $hundred
                      $hundred 1 = Are you sure you want to battle me?\nCoz all my Pokemon are level 100\pand I have six of them......\nSo tell me...........\pAre you ready??
                      boxset 5
                      compare 0x800D 0x0001
                      if 0x01 goto $ultimate
                      message $worthless2
                      $worthless2 1 = You are worthless!!\nYou do not deserve to be a pokemon\pmaster!\nI shall leave now...\pAnd never again shall you recieve\nthe oppurtunity.....\pto take my place.....\nPEACE OUT!!
                      boxset 6
                      fadescreen 1
                      removesprite 0
                      setflag 0x1211
                      pause 0x10
                      fadescreen 0
                      release
                      end

#org $ultimate
                      trainerbattle 0x01 0x00 $see $win $further
                      $see 1 = I see....so you think you are ready?\nBut I shall be the judge of that!\pLet the battle of the century...Begin!!
                      $win 1 = You are remarkable!
                      message $after
                      $after 1 = I'm leaving now....\nGoing back to my own planet
                      boxset 6
                      release
                      end

#org $further
                      message $pass
                      $pass 1 = I see now...\nyou are the chosen one!!!!!\pHereby, you....\nare the new........\pPOKEMON MASTER!!!!!
                      boxset 6
                      pause 0x40
                      message $over
                      $over 1 = ...................................\pThank god that's over......\nI had it with this formal talk crap!!\pWhy the hell did they even make me\ntalk like this?!!???\pErm.......Anyway, for this epic\nvictory.......you deserve a reward.\pImma give you this Jirachi a'ight??\nYou cool with that??\pCoz that's all I got right now....\nHere ya go!
                      boxset 6
                      givepokemon 409 100 0x6D
                      fanfare 0x13E
                      waitfanfare
                      message $gotj
                      $gotj 1 = You Recieved a Jirachi!\pIf there is no space in your party,\nit will be sent to your storage system
                      boxset 6
                      message $leaving
                      $leaving 1 = I have to go back to planet "iY" now,\nGood luck!!
                      boxset 6
                      fadescreen 1
                      removesprite 0
                      setflag 0x1211
                      pause 0x10
                      fadescreen 0
                      release
                      end

There is nothing wrong with the script, but the thing is, i want to do more:

1. Make it so that it's in a different map (after you beat the league, a cave appears and there's a warp tile in the cave which will take you to outer space where you meet him.)
                      2. Make it so that we are teleported back to right in front of the cave after the battle but the cave will be gone (but if we lost the battle the cave will still be here.)
                      3. Make a little bleep sound when the exclamation appears.
                      4. get the option to nickname the jirachi we recieved (i tried but it let's us name the 1st pokemon in our party).
                      5. Display "the pokemon will be sent to storage" only if there is no space in the party.
                      6. Make it so that during the battle, the trainer uses his pokemon in an order instead of random.

If it helps......here's the you \tube link to the video of this script:
                      /watch?v=n2VUxkR6dWo

I'd really appreciate any help....thanks in advance!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
                      Old August 3rd, 2011 (2:58 AM).

Quote:
                        Well actually thats not where i originally wrote the data to, once i compiled my script it seems to automatically put that...
                        Can you post your original script; before compiling? It would be better to figure out the problem from the source.
                        Old August 3rd, 2011 (3:40 AM).
                        Should have been in Dissidia

Nature: Quiet
                          I have a simple problem here. At least, I hope it's simple, otherwise I'm stuck with this glitch.
                          I've made a script where the player steps on a tile, then walks up, and a msgbox opens, and that's the script. Don't get me wrong, it works perfectly, but there's a small issue.
                          You see, the tile the player steps on is a warp. So a little arrow shows up when he steps on it. And then the arrow continues to be there until the script is over.
                          So, is there a way to remove that arrow while the script is still running?
                          Old August 3rd, 2011 (3:57 AM).
                          On vacation

Quote:
                            My Info
                            Spoiler:

My Problem

Im trying to make a applymovement/battle script! Just like the ones when Gary battles you. The problem is that my script is not making the person i call upon to move to me and engage in battle! Instead when I walk on the script tile the game freezes. Below is my script.

Spoiler:
                            '-----------------------
                            #org 0x726643
                            checkflag 0x2012
                            showsprite 0x2
                            waitmovement 0x0
                            callstd 0x6
                            #raw 02
                            #raw pointer 0x111111FF
                            setbyte 0xE

'-----------------------
                            #org 0x7266B2

'-----------
                            ' Movements
                            '-----------
                            #org 0x72666F
                            #raw 3 'Face Right
                            #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                            #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                            #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                            #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)

'---------
                            ' Strings
                            '---------
                            #org 0x72667F
                            = Hey wait up!

#org 0x72668D
                            = I want to battle!

#org 0x7266A0
                            = Wow nice battle.

#org 0x7266CB
                            Exactly, it would be useful if you could post your uncompiled script. But, seeing as the script freezes right when you step on it, it might be a much simpler issue. Always when using an applymovement script tile, you should make sure to have the following settings on the tile:

This is a picture from diegoisawesome's script tutorial.

If you have that, then please post your original script!

Old August 3rd, 2011 (5:51 AM).
                            Hardened Trainer

Quote:
                              My Info
                              Spoiler:

My Problem

Spoiler:
                              '-----------------------
                              #org 0x726643
                              checkflag 0x2012
                              showsprite 0x2
                              waitmovement 0x0
                              callstd 0x6
                              #raw 02
                              #raw pointer 0x111111FF
                              setbyte 0xE

'-----------------------
                              #org 0x7266B2

'-----------
                              ' Movements
                              '-----------
                              #org 0x72666F
                              #raw 3 'Face Right
                              #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                              #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                              #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)
                              #raw E 'Step Left (Slow)

'---------
                              ' Strings
                              '---------
                              #org 0x72667F
                              = Hey wait up!

#org 0x72668D
                              = I want to battle!

#org 0x7266A0
                              = Wow nice battle.

#org 0x7266CB
                              The reason you're getting writebytetooffset commands at the end of your script is because there is already data at that offset either for another script or something else in the game, and XSE ends up merging the two together.

Basically, it's time to use a new offset, because the script you're writing is too long and there's not enough free space to write it to the current offset. Just use #dynamic and write the first script to a new offset and you should be fine.

Just remember that if you edit a script to make it longer, you might not have the free space needed for the new script. I usually use #remove to erase the old script, then compile the script again with #dynamic and that seems to work well.
                              Old August 3rd, 2011 (6:13 AM).
                              Prof. Hemlock is busy now...

Nature: Lax
                                ROM INFO: BPRE Fire Red 1.0 (U)

How can I set a step-count limit like the one in the Safari Zone?
                                Old August 3rd, 2011 (12:48 PM).
                                Scripter

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Fortunado View Post
                                  ROM INFO: BPRE Fire Red 1.0 (U)

How can I set a step-count limit like the one in the Safari Zone?
                                  Its not just a script you need JPAN's hacked engine wich can be found in Research&Development forum it has a really good readme with explainations.

Learath2

Signature
                                  Old August 3rd, 2011 (12:58 PM).
                                  On vacation

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Learath2 View Post
                                    Its not just a script you need JPAN's hacked engine wich can be found in Research&Development forum it has a really good readme with explainations.
                                    Actually... you can do it without JPAN's hacked engine, by using 'special 0xCD'. However, using JPAN's engine makes it much easier, because you can set the amount of steps, check the amount of steps and have more than one step counter... But it isn't required

Old August 3rd, 2011 (2:22 PM).

Ok, i set the variables for my script block, and below is my script but instead of getting what i want to happen(an applymovement battle script) the game now resets, any1 able to help me.

Spoiler:
                                      #dynamic 0x71CF2E

#org @Main
                                      Lockall
                                      showsprite 0x9
                                      applymovement 0xFF @move1
                                      applymovement 0x9 @move2
                                      trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
                                      hidesprite 0x9
                                      setvar 0x4050 0x1
                                      releaseall
                                      end

#org @move1
                                      #raw 0x62
                                      #raw 0x0
                                      #raw 0xFE

#org @move2
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x7
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x5
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0xFE

#org @before
                                      Lock
                                      Faceplayer
                                      Message @string1
                                      boxset 0x6
                                      release
                                      end

#org @after
                                      Lock
                                      Faceplayer
                                      Message @string2
                                      boxset 0x6
                                      release
                                      end

#org @later
                                      Lock
                                      Faceplayer
                                      Message @string3
                                      boxset 0x6
                                      release
                                      end

#org @string1
                                      = This is a test...Prepare!!!

#org @string2
                                      = huh it worked and you beat me.

#org @string3
                                      = Well g2g change the wording...
                                      Old August 3rd, 2011 (2:28 PM).
                                      • Crystal Tier

Spoiler:
                                      #dynamic 0x800000 // USe this at the beginning of every script. When you compile in XSE, copy the offset given next to the @start part, and paste that.

#org @Main
                                      lockall
                                      showsprite 0x9
                                      applymovement 0x9 @move2
                                      waitmovement 0x0 // You always need waitmovement 0x0
                                      hidesprite 0x9
                                      setvar 0x4050 0x1
                                      trainerbattle 0x0 0x001 0x0 @string1 @string2
                                      msgbox @string3 0x2
                                      releaseall
                                      end
                                      // This script will basically display string1 before the battle and string2 at the defeat screen. If the script is interacted with again, string3 will be displayed.

#org @move1
                                      #raw 0x62
                                      #raw 0x0
                                      #raw 0xFE

#org @move2
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x7
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x20
                                      #raw 0x5
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0x1E
                                      #raw 0xFE

#org @string1
                                      = This is a test...Prepare!!![/B]

#org @string2

#org @string3

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                      Old August 3rd, 2011 (3:56 PM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                                        Spoiler:
                                        #dynamic 0x800000 // USe this at the beginning of every script. When you compile in XSE, copy the offset given next to the @start part, and paste that.

#org @Main
                                        lockall
                                        showsprite 0x9
                                        applymovement 0x9 @move2
                                        waitmovement 0x0 // You always need waitmovement 0x0
                                        hidesprite 0x9
                                        setvar 0x4050 0x1
                                        trainerbattle 0x0 0x001 0x0 @string1 @string2
                                        msgbox @string3 0x2
                                        releaseall
                                        end
                                        // This script will basically display string1 before the battle and string2 at the defeat screen. If the script is interacted with again, string3 will be displayed.

#org @move1
                                        #raw 0x62
                                        #raw 0x0
                                        #raw 0xFE

#org @move2
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0x7
                                        #raw 0x20
                                        #raw 0x20
                                        #raw 0x20
                                        #raw 0x20
                                        #raw 0x5
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0x1E
                                        #raw 0xFE

#org @string1
                                        = This is a test...Prepare!!![/B]

#org @string2

#org @string3
                                        Ok i fixed the script, but It seems to have the same effect. The game keeps reseting, the only weird thing is that i don't even make it to the script block before it resets.

I think it could have something to do with the setvar? anyone have any suggestions?
                                        Old August 3rd, 2011 (4:14 PM).
                                        On vacation

Quote:
                                          Ok i fixed the script, but It seems to have the same effect. The game keeps reseting, the only weird thing is that i don't even make it to the script block before it resets.

I think it could have something to do with the setvar? anyone have any suggestions?
                                          Wait. You don't make it to the script event tile? Check if one of your person event tiles has their behaviour set to hidden. There's multiple, and some of them cause the game to reset, when you get near.

Old August 3rd, 2011 (4:28 PM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Lyzo View Post
                                            Wait. You don't make it to the script event tile? Check if one of your person event tiles has their behaviour set to hidden. There's multiple, and some of them cause the game to reset, when you get near.

Oh jeeze well lol yea i thought maybe the person event was supposed to be set to hidden, like Professor Oak in pallet town, hmm let me fix the person event and i will get back to you on that.
                                            Old August 3rd, 2011 (4:55 PM).
                                            On vacation

Quote:
                                              Oh jeeze well lol yea i thought maybe the person event was supposed to be set to hidden, like Professor Oak in pallet town, hmm let me fix the person event and i will get back to you on that.
                                              There's three different Hidden's, not all of them reset the game, I thought. Try them

Old August 3rd, 2011 (5:01 PM).
                                              Hardened Trainer

Quote:
                                                Prof. Oak's sprite isn't set to hidden, it uses a special flag to hide it. I think it uses 2C, and that's what I use for all the sprites I want to be hidden on the map when you first enter - setting the behavior to hidden will make it invisible, but still there and able to be bumped into by the player. Just set the sprite's Person ID to 2c.

Quick Reply