• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm sorry to hear about the lost Drowzee, JalordaSerpent7.

I finished hatching Larvitars once I got what I wanted in IVs, which means that I'm done hatching for my competitive team. I hatched 61 eggs. So far I've hatched 17 Gibles for this weeks contest. I've been focused on hatching Litwicks lately, a hunt that has reached 1,801 eggs. I've hatched almost 3,000 eggs overall using the Masuda Method without getting a shiny. :(

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years

I finished hatching Larvitars once I got what I wanted in IVs, which means that I'm done hatching for my competitive team. I hatched 61 eggs. So far I've hatched 17 Gibles for this weeks contest. I've been focused on hatching Litwicks lately, a hunt that has reached 1,801 eggs. I've hatched almost 3,000 eggs overall using the Masuda Method without getting a shiny. :(
MY GOODNESS! I could never even think about doing that! You must be VERY good at this! :shocked:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years

That sucks... I hope you get it soon! (hope I do too for my secret hunt... don't want to hatch 2000 more eggs like I did trying to get Scyther)

I've reached 150 eggs for my secret hunt, and I'm still going strong. Battling with friends did hinder my progress a bit though :x (and I lost 7 out of 7 battles)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
That sucks... I hope you get it soon! (hope I do too for my secret hunt... don't want to hatch 2000 more eggs like I did trying to get Scyther)

I've reached 150 eggs for my secret hunt, and I'm still going strong. Battling with friends did hinder my progress a bit though :x (and I lost 7 out of 7 battles)

Bummer 2C4M, how could you lose 7 outta 7 though?
And you MMers are insane, it must be so frustrating hatching egg after egg after egg. How do you psych yourself up for that?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Bummer 2C4M, how could you lose 7 outta 7 though?
And you MMers are insane, it must be so frustrating hatching egg after egg after egg. How do you psych yourself up for that?

The thing that I like most about MMing is that you don't really have to pay much attention most of the time. You can watch TV or go online without really needing to look away that much.

With SRing or REing you have to look away much more often (especially me since I like playing with the sound off.)

I joined some sort of challenge where you have to get every fully evolved Unova Pokemon in the Hall of Fame. So, I'll be doing that. Hopefully I'll find a shiny through training. :3

Years
^that's actually given me a pretty good idea for a contest!

the idea being a shiny contest with masuda method - hatch each pokemon in ascending order (bulbasaur, then charmander, then squirtle, then caterpie and so on) until you hatch out a shiny. obviously this only applies to those that can breed, so no legendaries or other genderless pokemon. if you go past the final pokemon, you can start again from bulbasaur and keep going. :D

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
thats a pretty interesting idea R.K.9 i think im going to take that challenge up. also to keep me from throwing my fire red versions in the trash (up to 18k now... ugh)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

the idea being a shiny contest with masuda method - hatch each pokemon in ascending order (bulbasaur, then charmander, then squirtle, then caterpie and so on) until you hatch out a shiny. obviously this only applies to those that can breed, so no legendaries or other genderless pokemon. if you go past the final pokemon, you can start again from bulbasaur and keep going. :D

That is possibly, the cruelest idea ive ever read. Thatd take so long as well, would be pretty interesting though. Mainly cause i like reading other peoples torment while doing challenges and this 'contest' seems a bit more challenge like.. hehe...

18000. :O Oh god may the clubs luck be with you! Weber.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years

No. I'd have to then pull out every single pokemon from my box and deposit them every egg hatched, and you also have to WAIT for it to hatch. The amount of attention needed is just ridiculous compared to normal masuda method. It's certainly a nice idea though, but actually executing that idea is terrible.

P.S. - G.G. 666th post... I was saving it for my Dark type fan club and it's still not approved yet... :(

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Ffff! So I was doing a solo playthrough of Platinum for Bidoof and I was just getting the TM for Rock Tomb in Ravaged Path and all of a sudden a shiny Zubat comes up!

I didn't even react at first because I normally do train shiny Pokemon on playthroughs but then I realized this wasn't my Pokemon (and my Pokemon wasn't shiny) so I quickly closed the DS. I didn't even know it was a Zubat until I opened it up to record. xD;

It's Hasty nature, which is actually pretty good since it raises Speed. I don't know if I will keep it as a Golbat or evolve it to Crobat, since I already have a Crobat shiny. odfjkoskdfosk EXCITED <3

Here's the video:

Also..the Pokemon of the week is: Zoroa!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
Bump.

My secret hunt is not going too well... Will give up if I can't get it before the school starts. I hope I do get it though!

marcc5m

what
Years
Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone!

I haven't hunted anything in a while, I've been really busy getting prepared for going back to school next week, finally getting my room all to myself and NOT sharing with my brother, and playing Mystery Dungeon Sky (just finished today).
I think I'm at something like 2400 for Abra, 230 for Grimer and I have no idea about Venipede, I'll check later.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Zubat, Landorus!

I took some time off from playing White this week. So far I've hatched 1,912 Litwicks. I'll be skipping this weeks contest since I hatched Zoruas not that long ago.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I'm still working on my competitive team, and although I haven't gone out with the intention of shiny hunting, I have encountered thousands of Pokemon in the process of EV training and leveling everyone up to level 100. One of these level grinders will be shiny...eventually (I hope!).

hatch each pokemon in ascending order (bulbasaur, then charmander, then squirtle, then caterpie and so on) until you hatch out a shiny.

I really like that idea. The only problem is the money it'll cost to put everyone in Daycare - it'll cost, on average, $819200 to do this contest (and that's assuming that no Pokemon levels up while in Daycare)! That could probably be handled with a few runs through the Elite Four with a level 100 @ Amulet Coin, though. I might just try that - it sounds really fun and sort of randomizes the shiny you'll get!!

shiny Zubat

Congrats!

I won't try this week's Pokemon, seeing as I don't have a Zorua. :pink_laugh:

Wow, this is my first post in August. How did that happen!? "lol"

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
After 1739 eggs, I got my shiny Taillow while I was on holiday. Here you go:

GL everyone and gratz on all shinies!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Taillow, pokewalker!

Since Landorus hasen't been here to post the hunt for this week, I hope he doesn't mind if I post the one for this week since it's already Monday and he usually posts it on Sundays. The random Pokémon of the week is... Solosis!

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Hey there shiny hunters! Im glad i found this thread on PC since i really wanted to join a shiny hunters club somewhere.....so can i be a member?
as for my shinies, i began shiny hunt from the beginning of june, and i've collected 7 shinies till now, heres my shiny card :D

shinycardfinal33.png

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Hey there shiny hunters! Im glad i found this thread on PC since i really wanted to join a shiny hunters club somewhere.....so can i be a member?
as for my shinies, i began shiny hunt from the beginning of june, and i've collected 7 shinies till now, heres my shiny card :D

Yes, you can be a member. Welcome to the club!

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
Welp, found me a shiny mankey 2 minutes into a new Firered game a few weeks ago. Very surprising! Right now I am up to a couple thousand SRs for a shiny Snorlax in SoulSilver. Will probably trade off the mankey for something that fits my team better

Back