• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Mackenzie's Post

Mackenzie nodded approvingly. This was all wonderful.

"Good. I'm a fan of smaller parties, if you know what I mean."

She glanced and found that he had his face hidden in a book. Huh. Reading was... questionably mainstream in this day and age. She found herself mildly approving. He then asked her why she'd come to the school. She smiled ever so lightly at this question.

"It was a nice convenient way to get away from home."

She noticeably hadn't listed pokemon as her answer, attempting to be ironic.

"Heck, I might even learn something!"

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
"Yeah I guess getting away from the family every once and a while is good and learning things about pokemon is also good. My goal here is someday to become the best pokemon trainer but my laziness will probably be a obstacle in the way. But I figure when it comes time to conquer my laziness I will get over it," He said as he kept reading.

They weren't that far away so Vincent decided to close the book so he wouldn't run into anyone let he did Mackenzie. He then looked to his pokemon who were happily following behind him.

"So what other pokemon do you have," Luna asked taking note that Mac has a Tangela.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Gordon glanced at the Buizel who had called him over. Raising an eyebrow slightly he looked first at Drizzle, then Snype, then Thyme, his eyes lingering over the Snivy's wounded shoulder. He nodded shortly, his expression otherwise completely neutral...he didn't tend to get so involved with things as these pokemon did he noted...so he decided to say as little as possible and just try to escape with his sanity intact.

"Yes. Of course it will be okay. Thyme will heal perfectly and Selene will have full use of both her legs, it will be fantastic," he said, his dry tone making him sound somewhat mocking even though it wasn't intended that way. He then turned to Snype, something approaching a sneer on his face. "Well, if you say so. I personally think that Gordon is the most ridiculous nickname for a Pansear anyone could have thought of, but then she did call the Horsea Sharpay, so I suppose that's all the evidence we need to show she'd a bit mental."

Meanwhile, anybody walking past the bathroom through the corridor or listening intently from the room would be able to hear a heated verbal sparring match going on between the Nurse and Selene. It was something that Sel would come to regret with a red face if raised by anybody in conversation, though at the time she didn't think of it that way...

"NO! I CAN WASH MY OWN HAIR! AND MY OWN BODY! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Miss Evans, I must insist that y-"

"I must insist that you LEAVE ME ALONE IN THE SHOWER. Look, I didn't even WANT to shower but I need to wash my hair sometime! I can sit right here on this shower seat thing! Look, perfectly re-NO GET OFF THAT! STOP IT I CAN DO IT MYSELF!"

"MISS EVANS YOU SOUND LIKE A PETULANT TODDLER NOW LET ME DO MY JOB PLEASE!"

"THAT'S BECAUSE I F-AAAH NO QUIT IT - I FEEL LIKE A PETULANT TODDLER! LEAVE ME ALONE MY ARMS WORK PERFECTLY WELL!"

A Chansey walking past pressed her ear to the door, frowning, wondering if she would need to jump to the Nurse's protection. Hearing both sides of the argument clearly she smiled to herself, shaking her head and continuing on her way.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Meanwhile, Valorie leaned back a bit, glancing at Mark, her cheeks still pink and her expression still lightly frustrated, though it had died down significantly.

"Yeah... I guess that's what happens when there's so much excitement. ... ... Speaking of which, maybe we can go to the mountains tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be easier to get there now that Dragonair can carry us..."

She looked down at her lap in thought, seemingly over the comment about Dragonair. While Dragonair being able to carry them was certainly interesting, she was actually thinking about other things.

Mackenzie's Post

Mac peered at Vincent. She personally thought relaxing was a great way to go about things, but who was she to judge? She flexed her fingers and grinned at him coolly.

"You'll have plenty of competition there. I'm personally pretty content to just ride the waves and cruise along."

She said this casually, shrugging it off as if not caring about being the best was nothing special at all. She then reached into her fanny pack and pulled out a couple of pokeballs, equally casually letting her pokemon out. A Smeargle, Tangela, Jigglypuff, and Remoraid, greeted Mac with their respective cries, most taking notice of Vincent.

"Luna, meet Peinture"

She motioned to the smeargle

"Mew"

She then motioned to the tangela

"Melody"

She proceeded to motion to the jigglypuff

"and Limpet. Just bagged him recently."

She said as she motioned to the remoraid.

Last edited:

HunterZero

Years
"It's a challenge that will be worth it," Luna said to Mackenzie's first comment. He smiled as he saw all her pokemon he hadn't seen these ones in real person before only in books. Terra and Wattage walked up to the pokemon and have. Blitz let out a small puff of fire which was his way of saying hi and Dyno just stood there laughing evilly as if he had a plan for something.

"Wow you've got some cool pokemon I've haven't seen these ones in real life before," Luna said as he got a closer look at the pokemon standing before him.

"Well you've already met my pokemon execpt Scissors my Anorith," As he said that he remembered that he needed to get back right away.

"Hey I really need to get back there so I suggest we start a faster pace," Vince suggest as he started to jog in place. "Where we are going is just down there," He pointed behind him and then started slowly jogging with his pokemon following behind.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype, still having detect activated, could hear yelling from across the hall. Sel sounded like she was having trouble down the hall... he deactivated detect so he wouldn't hear anything else. Sometimes having enhanced senses wasn't always a great thing to have. "Kehe, I dunno, Seems like alright nicknames too me. Our other Pokemon is a Porygon called Commodore, Poliwag, named Len, and our newest team member a Nincada named Able. Fitting nicknames I suppose." Snype said.

Mark smiled lightly. "Yeah. The mountains sounds good. I'd personally like to check out the Volcano since I haven't heard of a student around here with enough balls to go up that high. Haha, That'll be something to brag about eh?" Mark said scratching at his head. "I have Trainer fitness tommorow. Hopefully I won't be too tired to join you on the trip."

Years
Jack was getting restless but he could be happy that the pain was slightly less, a little less. Jack threw on back his dorm jacket, not bothering to even put on a shirt, laziness or the pain you choose, he made his way down the steps with a straight face hoping no one would realise the pain he was in. "Hey Jack" a kid ran towards him pokeball in hand "No" Jack replied as he hurried down the stairs. Jack looked around the courtyard as it began to empty out a bit,with night coming closer and closer. Jack made sure that all his pokeballs were in close reach, ensuring this time no bugs would get a hold of them. "Well Jack Jacobs time to explore the forest again" It was him seeking redemption for what had happened, a bit of clarity. Even Blade in his pokeball knew something was wrong Jack was sick and needed help but he would never admit it as he start walking in the direction of the forest zone.

SelenaStar

Years
Watching Snype with an unimpressed expression, Gordon huffed with laughter slightly, folding his arms. "Well...the general tone seems to fit in with the standard here...your human and Selene must have shared the same book of crap pokemon nicknames," he said bluntly with a scowl. He wasn't trying to be rude, but the discussion of nicknames was making him feel angry at his captured status again. Cooped up in this hospital room...damn, he just wanted to be free again!! Better, though, than being stuck in a pokeball he supposed...

"AWH HELL NO," shouted Selene in the bathroom, poking her head around the shower curtain from her seated position on the fold down plastic support and seeing the pink Chansey short pyjamas that the Nurse had brought in for her. Those...those were the kind of thing her 3 year old sister would wear if she had one. "Those will make me look like such a doofus! Can I not just sleep in my own shorts and top?" she whined, snatching the clothing from the Nurse with a growl as the older lady shook her head.

"No. I need to have them washed, it isn't hygenic for you to sleep in them after roaming the forest in them...who knows what germs and microbes you have in there..." Selene glared at her, eyes blazing having changed into the pyjamas. She checked her reflection in the mirror...she did look like a major doofus...Chansey had never been her favourite pokemon in the first place...

"Microbes...pah...right whatever, you win..." she grunted, throwing her clothes in the bag that the Nurse had held out for her, face like thunder. "Just hurry up and get me back in my bed alright?" the Nurse nodded, Selene suspected she had given up trying to use words with her, and pushed open the bathroom door whilst wheeling Selene out to her room. Sel twisted the towel over her hair, wringing out the excess water and just leaving her damp hair to dry naturally...not that this evil being would even let her use hair straighteners here she was sure...

"Right yeah...just let me get into bed okay..." she snarled, ignoring the others in the room in her embarrassment, clambering up into the bed and pulling the covers up to her neck to hide the ridiculous garments she wore. As the Nurse tutted, turning to leave the room Sel stuck her tongue out at her behind her back, taking the Anorith from the spot next to her and putting him back on her head where he had originally settled before folding her arms and scowling deeply.

"..."

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri looked up as Sel got back into the bed. She seemed to be wearing some interesting Chancy pajamas. And she didn't look happy about it.
"Um... Sel, the nurse wanted me to take you temperature and blood pressure. I'm sorry... Um..." Bri said quietly. He stood up and looked at her, wondering what her response would be.

"Snype, tell your trainer that Bri caught me at the base of the volcanoe. Heh, he didn't even notice he was that close. And on the subject of names, Gordon, I gotta ask, would you prefer to be called Fluffy or something like that? Well, Fluffy, would you?" Nova said looking up from his chips. Thyme silently agreed with Nova. There were worse names than Gordon out there. She closed her eyes and listened to the thrubbing that she had come to realize was her heart. She was just glad it was still beating.

SelenaStar

Years
As Bri approached, Selene tried to relax her body language so he wouldn't be afraid that she would literally bite his head off. He had noticed the pyjamas though...worse luck for her...and then he said that he needed to take her blood pressure and her temperature...god, more tests and crap. Oh well, she was glad it was Bri rather than some Nurse...at least she was helping her friend in his apprenticeship.

"Sure thing Bri, just go ahead and do what you have to do," she smiled, bringing one arm out from under the covers and offering it to him, "How's the apprenticeship going? Have you found a potential future career for yourself?"

Gordon turned to the Growlithe who had addressed him, looking him up and down for a moment as Nova ate his chips, as though sizing him up. After a moment he looked him back straight in the eye and scoffed, folding his arms.

"I wouldn't put it past her. Any nickname indicative of ownership is just as bad as the other...she could have called me Douchebag Features the Third for all I care...I am Pansear and nothing else."

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie gave Mark a look. A part of that had sounded almost like a challenge. She smiled lightly in response.

"I'd do it."

She would totally show Mark who had the most... guts. Though she had been concerned at the Volcano's presence at first, she was fairly confident that it was not about to erupt. She wondered what pokemon lived there, however. It seemed like there would probably be fire pokemon, but it was right near the mountains so it was hard to tell.

Valorie looked up as Selene came back in, becoming rather concerned. Selene seemed to be in a bad mood. Heck. She flat out ignored Valorie even though she was still sitting right there! Valorie wondered what had gone on to put Selene in this mood. After a moment, she lightly put her hand down on the blankets, directly over Selene's shoulder. She still wasn't sure what to say, but she wanted to be there for Selene. This time around, she wasn't sure exactly what was up, however.

Mackenzie's Post

Mac was satisfied with the response. She had taken care not to catch pokemon that were famous. Yet, her pokemon had quite a few tricks up their sleeves.

"Thanks! I took a lot of care in choosing them."

He then warned her that he was about to speed up.

"Sure thing, dude..."

She saw him speed up and followed suit. She did not power run, but jogging was alright. Whether the thing against running was because running was too much effort to be cool or because of her pants, which were rather tight around the waist and some of the upper legs, was unknown. They would soon be approaching Selene's room, Mackenzie looking around with a mildly bored expression on her face.

Nideous

Years
"Whatever Fluffy!" Nova said with a smirk.
"Can it Nova. Thyme just got mad at Drizzle and Snype for fighting, we don't want her to get mad at you too!" Duster said from the foot of the bed. Thank Arceus above for that Minccino! The last thing Thyme wanted was a macho-man contest between the to bloody fire types!

Brri wrapped the inflatible blood pressure checker on Sel's arm and turned it on. He stuck the thermometer in her mouth and waited for them to get done.
"It's kind of cool. You and Thyme are the first ones that the nurse trusted me enough to do on my own. I think I may be able to do this. Ok, all done. Thanks for your help. You'll be glad to know that you don't have a fever or anything like that. And your blood pressure is up a bit, but that's just because of thee medicine and you being angry about... Whatever you're currently angry about. That should be all. And I think I can get the nurse to leave you alone for tonight," Bri said when the tests were done. He recorded the results on the clipboard. He wondered if the nurse had found Mr. Jacobs yet. He took the things and put them in their proper places and sat down, still holding the clipboard.
"So... Where did Vince go? I noticed he was absent," Bri said.

Megaman765

Years
Snype chuckled at Nova's comment. "Kehehe, I would, but I wouldn't want to discourage the guy! If I told him, He'd want to go deeper into the Volcano to top Bri! Something tells me he's want to do that anyways though..." Snype said. He turned back to Gordon. "Yeesh. Cold. I understand how you feel though. Like I said, I was not happy when I got caught, but I eventually got used too it. And after all of that, I'm still the same as ever!" Snype said happily.

Mark noticed as Selene came in with a pair of Chansey pajamas. He didn't say anything about it though. He knew better then that. "Alright then! Volcano it is!" Mark exclaimed happily. "Hey hopefully tomorrow nobody ends up getting hurt. That'd be a nice change to our schedule eh?"

HunterZero

Years
As Vincent entered the room Scissors imedtiatley lunged from on top of Sel's head to his face. This made Vince fall over onto the ground but he was laughing the entire time. This was Scissors way of saying hello to people. When he saw Mackenzie he lunged onto her face also.

"Hey there Scissors," He said to the Anorith as he clinged to Mackenzie's face. "Time to let go now," Scissors then jumped off of Mackenzie's face and onto his head.

"Sorry about that," Vincent apologized to Mackenzie. "It's his way of saying hi," Scissors then waved a claw to Mackenzie.

"Hey guys miss me?" Xack asked everyone. "Woah! Sel what's with the outfit?" He asked as he noticed the chansey pajamas. Blitz and Dyno walked into the room and into a corner. Dyno laid on the ground and fell asleep while Blitz leaned up against the wall and let out a puff of flames, his way of trying to look cool. Wattage and Terra walked over to where Snype was the two of them liked Snype.

<Hey hey Snypey what's going on> Terra said to Snype as Wattage remained silent.

SelenaStar

Years
"I'm not angry," snapped Selene as Bri finished reporting what he had found - a slightly raised blood pressure, though not ideal, was bottom of her list of maladies at the moment she supposed, and she was glad everything else had come back okay. As Valorie put a comforting hand on her shoulder, Sel looked up at her and gave her a genuine smile, putting her hand on top of Valorie's and squeezing it for a moment. "I'm not angry...sorry Bri," she said fiddling with the blanket for a moment before sighing. "Guess I'm just a bit more tired than I thought...but on the plus side my leg doesn't seem to hurt so much anymore! Good news right?!" she smiled at Valorie then Bri, as though seeking reassurance that it was, in fact, a positive sign.

She was feeling slightly more cheerful despite her ridiculous outfit when Vince walked in...and one of the first things he mentioned after Scissors had flown from her head onto his face was her pyjamas. Shaking her head, Selene tutted and raised an eyebrow at Vince.

"I'm doing fine Luna, thanks for asking," she quipped dryly before looking down at the Chansey patterned shorts...she did look a bit absurd...she couldn't help but crack a small lopsided smile. "I suppose...I suppose the Nurse wanted to stay loyal to her Pokemon assistant and decided Chansey would suit me..." she pulled at a leg of the shorts with a slight grimace, "and she was wrong!" Only then did she notice the new girl beside Vince...wow! Her dress sense was quirky to say the least! Selene really liked her big black hat, that was cool, but the sandals and socks...meh, each to their own. It wasn't a look she'd go for but...it seemed to work for the new girl. "Hey!" she said in her direction, waving brightly then cursing the fact she was wearing such a ridiculous get-up...though fashion sense didn't seem top of the girl's agenda either in truth. "Are you new here? Had the misfortune to meet Vince first? That's bad luck..." she joked, winking at Vince playfully.

After a moment looking at the Growlithe, Gordon burst out laughing loudly. Given his previous expression, the action would be somewhat startling - Ryan looked round at him with wide eyes and a confused expression, and even Blu opened an eye from where he was slumbering on top of Selene's headboard.

"Nova? NOVA? No-Brains more like..."

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Bri looked up as Vince and some girl entered the room. He was still seated on the floor next to Nova and was petting the dog.
"Yeah, that is good news!" Bri said. Even if it wasn't, he wouldn't have told her that. He looked at the new girl more closely. What the heck was she wearing? And where was she planning on sitting? Thyme, Snype, and Drizzle had claimed the last chair!
"Uh... Hi, I'm Bri. It's nice to meet you," Bri said to the girl nervously.

Megaman765

Years
Snype noticed Vince had come back, along with a new girl that he didn't recognize. Interesting fashion sense... not that he cared or anything. Snype like things that were out of the ordinary! Terra and Wattage came over to where Snype was sitting. He cringed a bit on the inside when he heard the name "Snypey" but shrugged it off.

"Hiya Terra! Hey Wattage!" Snype said happily to the two pokemon down below. "Pretty much just talking with a few friends over here, Sharing some laughs, The usual. Kehehe." Snype said cheerfully.

Mark glanced over to Vincent and the new girl curiously. Being the person he is, he had to introduce himself. He didn't want to just sit there awkwardly. He looked over to Valorie and smiled before walking over to meet up with the two. "Welcome back Vince." Mark said. He looked to the new girl. "Don't think I've seen you around here before... Names Mark. Good to meetcha." Mark said holding out his hand for a handshake.

Years
Jack had reached a good distance into the forest even he was a little impressed by the distance he had covered in his current condition. He had reached the scene of the early incident and there was alot of evidence that something big had happened here. "So Blade how much of this carnage did you cause?" Jack joked to his Scyther who sneaked out of his pokeball and was following Jack around {You know this is dumb right} Blade said hoping to knock some sense into him with his words. "But you know I have to do it" Jack replied as serious as ever Blade responding with a nod. Jack looked around place seemed quiet as if something was going to happen. {Coming from the west} Blade said as he got into a battle stance "Do your thing" Jack commented as he sat on a rock and watched as Blade clashed with an incoming Pinsir who jumped from the bushes.

"The battle wasn't really that hard, Blade barley put much effort into it, he was 3times the level Pinsir was. "Woot" Jack said as he threw a pokeball weakly at the fainted bug type who was engulfed in a red beam then transfered to the pc. Jack tried getting up but he was too weak " A little help here please" Jack requested but was ignored from Blade who had an angry look in his eyes. {Why did you come back} An angry pokemon said from atop a tree {Why couldnt you leave us alone} It said once again even angrier. A Barrage of Poison darts came flying towards them from one direction Blade shielding Jack from the attack. Another barrage came from another direction Blade blocking those as well.

{Last time i was here my trainer nearly died. I'm not letting that happen again} Suddenly in a bright flash of light Blade had become a Scizor {I will do anything to protect Jack} Blade said angrily as he turned his attention towards the Ariados {Fire!} the Ariados shouted as all the spinarack that had surrounded them had attacked Jack braced himself but all he saw was a red blur going around everything else after that was a bit fuzzy but Jack woke up on the hospital door steps Blade nowhere to be found probably in his pokeball. "Ugh" Jack groaned as he laid there on the steps in pain not able to comprehend what just happened at the moment.

Dawn

Years
Mackenzie's Post

Mac just sort of walked in and glanced around as Scissors pounced Vincent's face, only glancing over at him after a moment with very mild amusement, only to have scissors latch onto her face. She wobbled a bit, quickly getting her ballance, unwilling to be seen falling if she could help it and just sort of accepted it.

After Scissors dropped off she was revealed to be smirking ever so lightly.

"It's alright. Hopefully now mine is a face he will remember."

She paused to glance at Selene. Outfit? What outfit? Something as subtle as a chansey on pajamas was lost on her. She had a far less subtle fashion sense. It was then that she noticed the close proximity of Valorie. She observed Valorie for a moment. Mac could barely stomach that outfit. It was the skirt. Unless worn ironically a skirt was just... ugh to her. She let this slide without comment however. After all, what fun would it be if everyone else was just her level of cool?~ She did however become aware of some sort of affection going on there. The two clearly didn't seem to be related. She briefly tried to figure out what exactly she was looking at. Was that..?

Perhaps ironically, she sprung to Vincent's defense, though it was more just casual than anything else.

"Hey, Luna's a pretty cool cat."

Then of course two more 'cats' introduced themselves, interrupting her thoughts. She flashed them both a light smile. Her purple eyes probably stuck out like sore thumbs to anyone who looked. It just wasn't a remotely natural color for eyes. She first turned to Brian.

"Hey Dude. Name's Mackenzie, but you can call me Mac."

Then of course she turned her attention to Mark. A handshake? She gave him a slightly skeptical look as if to ask if he was for real, yet proceeded to reach out and grab Mark's hand, shaking it briefly in a very formal manner.

"I hope that handshake isn't legally binding or anything."

She displayed ambiguously-mock suspicion. The irony of her view of a handshake being so old fashioned made it acceptable to her.

She then turned to Valorie and Selene, casually walking over to the bed and sitting down next to them, observing Valorie's expression. She could read Valorie like a book from that expression. It showed concern, timidness, and her body language suggested something else entirely. Then she noticed the blush. Her expression changed to that of a knowing smile. It wasn't malevolent, or even mischievous for that matter, but it did seem to hold some hidden intentions. She just sat there and stared for a moment as if waiting for Valorie to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

"..."

Valorie's Post

Meanwhile, Valorie gave Selene's shoulder a light squeeze. smiling lightly when Selene placed her hand atop hers. She appreciated the gesture. It showed her that Selene wasn't /too/ angry. She found herself amused by Selene's frustration with the Chansey PJs. Perhaps Selene had an even stricter fashion sense than she did. She was never all that concerned about her Pajamas, moreso her day clothes which were what most people would see. She seemed pleased to hear that Selene was feeling somewhat better.

Then of course, a stranger helped herself to the bed near Valorie and just started... staring at her! Valorie stared back, slightly put off. What she doing? Why wasn't she saying anything? It was then that Valorie noticed that... /look/! She was quickly getting psyched out by that look. Was she having her mind read or something? It was very uncomfortable, to say the least. She was too busy paying attention to that look to notice Mackenzie's rather crazy fashion sense.

"U-Umm..."

HunterZero

Years
"Hey I'm not that bad!" Vincent said blushing a bit as he scratched the backside of his head. Blitz couldn't help himself but laugh at his trainer. Dyno was now bored and started sniffing around the room to find himself sniffing Gordon's tail. It smelt of the forest and Dyno hated that so he bit down hard on it.

<Sounds like you guys have been having a fun time> Terra said smiling. Wattage remained quite as he was being shy he really didn't know the pokemon standing before him so he left the talking to Terra who was the friendly one.

"Thanks for sticking up for me," Luna said to Mackenzie still a little red. He then noticed that Blitz had taken the soda he had left and started drinking it. "Aww man Blitz let me know before you do something like that!" He whined as he went to his cooler and picked out another soda.

"Hey Mackenzie there's all sorts of soda and other drinks in here want something?" He asked as he grabbed his soda and placed it next to the cooler.

Back