• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, dear me it's that time already!

Ayselipera

Are you usually late or early when going somewhere that begins at a certain time?

Do you make a point to arrive late or early or does it just happen?

What factors usually cause you to be one or the other? Meaning if you're usually late is it because you commonly oversleep or lose track of time? If you're usually early is it because you get anxious while waiting?

Has being late or early for something really affected the outcome of what you were going to?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg I'm always like 20-30 minutes early to things when I'm alone and am able to do so. I get so worried that I'll be late or not get a good seat or will be pinched for time and I just worry and worry and worry until I leave early. I can't relax until I'm there.

When I'm with others and they choose to give us 10 minutes or less of wiggle room for getting places I get really nervous and make sure they leave exactly when they said they were going to leave, because otherwise we might be late and yeahhhh.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am usually pretty early to things, but then I'll feel awkward about being early and won't get out of my car till I see other people that I know/think are going to the same thing I'm going to. One time, I had to meet up with my family at a restaurant at 6:30. I got there at 6, overestimating the traffic, lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm always early lol, it annoys me friends so much because I tell them I'll pick them up at 5 and then I get there at 4:50. I just over-budget on time, really. I leave way early thinking it'll take me longer to get there than it actually does.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Are you usually late or early when going somewhere that begins at a certain time?
I'm always early, better early or never in my opinion.

I'M ALWAYS EARLY BEING LATE IS RUDE AND RUDENESS IS BAD

What factors usually cause you to be one or the other? Meaning if you're usually late is it because you commonly oversleep or lose track of time? If you're usually early is it because you get anxious while waiting?
I get ready a couple of hours before I actually have to be there, as I hate last minute rushing.

Has being late or early for something really affected the outcome of what you were going to?
One time I missed a plane fight from Australia back to France and I had to wait a whole day in the departure lounge, fml. Thats when I took the oath of ALWAYS BEING EARLY!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Are you usually late or early when going somewhere that begins at a certain time?: I was late for school a few times and my mom got mad at me for it.

Do you make a point to arrive late or early or does it just happen?: It just happens that I come in late.

What factors usually cause you to be one or the other? Meaning if you're usually late is it because you commonly oversleep or lose track of time? If you're usually early is it because you get anxious while waiting?: I spend a lot of time taking a bath and I tend to get online as soon as I wake up for a few minutes.

Has being late or early for something really affected the outcome of what you were going to: Yeah. I miss out on a lot of things about the lesson (in school)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019

If it's important early, others late unintentionally.

Just happens. Blame my family.

Family.

Nothing really, I'm not noticed much, tbh.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years

Usually late lol

um... it just happens I guess

Usually late because either (a) lose track of time or (b) family

No... except for the part that we miss out on the beginning! (usually the first half an hour or so..)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Usually on time.

It just happens I guess.

Usually more early, probably because I don't want to miss out on anything important.

Uh... Not really.

Years
I'm almost always on time or early. If I'm late it's because I don't want to be somewhere and I'm unconsciously showing it. Or I'm with someone who doesn't know how to be on time for things. I had a friend one year in college who was like that. Totally scatterbrained about scheduling things so I always told her something started a half hour earlier than it did so she could be on time. I hate being late when it's for something I want.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
It depends on where it is at. if it is somewhere I want to be, I am always early; the same goes with mandatory stuff like arrivign on time for an exam but if its someplace that I dread to go to, then i am late

I make it a point because I plan these events out

What factors usually cause you to be one or the other?
It all comes down to my mood

Yes it has

:t354:TG

Years
Are you usually late or early when going somewhere that begins at a certain time? It depends on my transport planning.

Do you make a point to arrive late or early or does it just happen? It just happens, mostly due to traffic or constant chatting.

What factors usually cause you to be one or the other? Meaning if you're usually late is it because you commonly oversleep or lose track of time? If you're usually early is it because you get anxious while waiting? Sometimes I have overslept. It makes me panic.

Has being late or early for something really affected the outcome of what you were going to? I'm usually late if I miss my bus for work study.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm usually early and I make it a point to arrive early. I have a fear of being left behind if I'm late, which explains why I show up early. If I'm late it's because I overslept or because I was early, everyone else was late, and I got sick of waiting and headed back to my room.

I try to make it a point not to be late for anything important. I don't mind if I'm late or miss comparatively minor things, like I slept and missed a chance to head downtown yesterday. I wasn't too worked up about that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
If it's relevant, I always show up to football (soccer) matches at least an hour beforehand. Like to see the stadium fill up before my eyes. :)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Usually on time.

i guess it just happens

if i am late it would be because of my sister.

i don't think so

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
i'm always 15 to 30 minutes early. that gives me some quality time to chill before i have to face responsibilities.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
90% of the time, I'm late. Not by a significant amount of time, mind you - maybe about five - ten minutes or so - but I'm usually late for things. For example, back in high school, I used to be late for class a lot. Looking back now, it was pretty bad but I didn't care a whole lot at the time. Generally, my lateness is because I'm that much of a procrastinator that I don't get ready to leave until the very last second and then I'm scrambling right before I leave. It also doesn't help that I can't drive myself places (I don't have a license), so if whoever's driving me somewhere is late for whatever reason, I'm late too. :x I'm also pretty bad at estimating how long it'll take me to get somewhere, and that contributes to my constant lateness as well. I'm not usually so late that it affects whatever I'm doing, though.

Back