Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: What name is better?
Pokémon Dark Grey 13 29.55%
Pokémon Amethyst 21 47.73%
Pokémon Power of Pasta 10 22.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old July 29th, 2011 (9:57 AM).
01 01 is offline
01
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
    Adding a poll. Would you like to see some--but not many--fakemon in this hack? These fakemon would be things like legendaries and such, and will not be used by Trainers. They will be obtained through events and puzzles and stuff. They will also not be in the regional dex. I basically want to make it so that it's like undiscovered Pokemon, just to add a little bit of mystery. Oh, and the fakemon will be good looking fakemon with good designs, not fakemon like Quartz *eyes point towards Babos*.
    Well, if they look good, I'm all for it! I'd just like to say I really like the new tiles you brought to the game and the Mewtwo scene is just pure awesome. I will definitely be playing this when a beta is out.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old July 29th, 2011 (10:08 AM).
    Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
    Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
    hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bashful
      Posts: 3,487
      Any hints on these fakemon ideas before the poll finishes, so we can tell if some are good ideas or not, or is this in general.

      Either way, as long as they fit in, that'll be great. The tiles look superb by the way, and so I'm sure that the fakemon will look the part if they are added.
      __________________


      Temmie vibrates intensely.

      awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

      OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

      can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

      RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

        #78    
      Old July 30th, 2011 (9:47 AM). Edited July 30th, 2011 by SharpAceX.
      SharpAceX's Avatar
      SharpAceX SharpAceX is offline
      Pokémon: SacredFire creator
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: Queens
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 16
        I love the tiles in this hack. They really compliment each others.
        __________________

        Coming August 2011...
          #79    
        Old July 30th, 2011 (1:38 PM).
        Crimson5M's Avatar
        Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
        what
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2011
        Location: Scotland
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 1,102
        Funny how most of the time when I update it's the last post on the page :\

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by 01 View Post
        Well, if they look good, I'm all for it! I'd just like to say I really like the new tiles you brought to the game and the Mewtwo scene is just pure awesome. I will definitely be playing this when a beta is out.
        Thanks.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
        Any hints on these fakemon ideas before the poll finishes, so we can tell if some are good ideas or not, or is this in general.

        Either way, as long as they fit in, that'll be great. The tiles look superb by the way, and so I'm sure that the fakemon will look the part if they are added.
        Nope, I want it to be a surprise
        Thanks.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
        I love the tiles in this hack. They really compliment each others.
        Thanks.


        Update.
        Haven't done much in terms of scripting lately, so I'll just leave this here:
        __________________
        Youtube
          #80    
        Old July 30th, 2011 (1:46 PM).
        tehGDS's Avatar
        tehGDS tehGDS is offline
        Grape Soda wut?
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: closet :(
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 152
          The tree doesn't match the style of the other tiles or the OW's, change the colorscheme a bit, and make some overlap the bridge, that's all the crit, so good luck, everything looks good so far
          __________________
            #81    
          Old August 1st, 2011 (3:30 PM).
          Snakebyte's Avatar
          Snakebyte Snakebyte is offline
          About time, I'd say...
             
            Join Date: Jan 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 293
            I'm in favor of fakemon if they look good, always have been.
              #82    
            Old August 1st, 2011 (3:38 PM).
            ~Kian~'s Avatar
            ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
            Spriter In The Making
               
              Join Date: Jul 2009
              Location: ENGLAND ^.^
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 701
              Everything looks really professional and tidy, the sprites, story and all of it looks great..
              I'm going to vote for Fakemon as long as they are as professional as the hack looks so far..
              I have seen your fakemon and they look good.
              Hope you finish this hack, i will be keeping an eye on it, maybe play the beta \^.^/

              ~Thank-you

              ~Kian
              __________________

              'tyranilacegon'
              Made By The Mystery Egg,
              Please visit his Fusion thread.
                #83    
              Old August 1st, 2011 (3:39 PM).
              Paige's Avatar
              Paige Paige is offline
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Age: 28
              Posts: 848
              imo fakemon ruins the game.
              __________________

                #84    
              Old August 1st, 2011 (3:53 PM).
              Crimson5M's Avatar
              Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
              what
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: Scotland
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 1,102
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
              imo fakemon ruins the game.
              Like I said, they aren't compulsory. The only way you'll ever see them is if you actually go out and try to get them. Otherwise, just ignore them. No Trainers will use them and they won't be around for a while anyway. If I don't put them in then all the people who want them lose out, but either way the people who don't want them don't lose out at all. However, if more people turn out to be in favour of not having them, they won't be inserted.
              Personally, I'd rather have them because it gives the player more to do, even if they don't plan on using them.
              Also, I'm thinking of making it so that you choose the name for some of the Fakemon, kinda like you're the first person to discover it.
              __________________
              Youtube
                #85    
              Old August 1st, 2011 (4:03 PM).
              The Grubby Pup's Avatar
              The Grubby Pup The Grubby Pup is offline
              Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
                 
                Join Date: May 2009
                Location: Lettin' da madness & da music get 2 me!
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 375
                From what I looked at in the screenies...it looks mighty fine to me.

                Uh, I really like the character design you made for the main trainer.
                  #86    
                Old August 1st, 2011 (6:45 PM).
                Quickster's Avatar
                Quickster Quickster is offline
                Dream or Drop?
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2007
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 351
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                  Thanks

                  Update.
                  ...Kinda. Just a few things I changed, such as the mountains and one of the font colours. I also slightly remapped the first route (had to, different tree style from before lol).

                  Also...I am not going to reveal the starters. At all. You'll have to wait for the first beta to find out what they are
                  However,like I said, they are indeed actual starters from an official game.

                  I really like the looks of this game. I cant believe I havent posted here before. I love the way the trees look, well the tiles in general. The overworlds also blend very nicely with the enviroment. I think I know the starters too. With that hint you gave? I also think you shouold add those fakemon, as long as they look good!
                  __________________
                  I laugh looking at this.

                  But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                    #87    
                  Old August 7th, 2011 (3:18 PM).
                  Crimson5M's Avatar
                  Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                  what
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                  Location: Scotland
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 1,102
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tehGDS View Post
                  The tree doesn't match the style of the other tiles or the OW's, change the colorscheme a bit, and make some overlap the bridge, that's all the crit, so good luck, everything looks good so far
                  Thanks.
                  Scroll down

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
                  I'm in favor of fakemon if they look good, always have been.
                  Me too :D

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~Kian~ View Post
                  Everything looks really professional and tidy, the sprites, story and all of it looks great..
                  I'm going to vote for Fakemon as long as they are as professional as the hack looks so far..
                  I have seen your fakemon and they look good.
                  Hope you finish this hack, i will be keeping an eye on it, maybe play the beta \^.^/

                  ~Thank-you

                  ~Kian
                  Thanks :D

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by The Grubby Pup View Post
                  From what I looked at in the screenies...it looks mighty fine to me.

                  Uh, I really like the character design you made for the main trainer.
                  Thanks :D
                  I never designed the main character though lol, I saw a public sprite on WAH, and said to myself "hey, if I recolour that as grey, it'll be perfect!" I now realise the sprite is not actually perfect though so that'll be redone but the design won't.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
                  I really like the looks of this game. I cant believe I havent posted here before. I love the way the trees look, well the tiles in general. The overworlds also blend very nicely with the enviroment. I think I know the starters too. With that hint you gave? I also think you shouold add those fakemon, as long as they look good!
                  Thanks :D
                  And there may have been a hint...somewhere

                  Update.

                  This update would've been longer had a certain script not decided to f up. For those who are too lazy to shift there eyes up a little bit, I inserted new cave tiles, fixed the Gym up a little and replaced Volt Tackle with Wild Charge.
                  __________________
                  Youtube
                    #88    
                  Old August 7th, 2011 (3:28 PM).
                  tehGDS's Avatar
                  tehGDS tehGDS is offline
                  Grape Soda wut?
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: closet :(
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 152
                    Lol Volt tackle became wild charge, um the rogenrola needs work, and sort of add more road tiles near the tree, and make it look like the's a shadow under the bridge by making the transition smooth, I couldn't tell what the shadow was, nor the OW's until I looked again, so only fix this and the starly also needs to have a change, it doesn't look like a Starly anymore, it's too small, well I applaud you for trying to make it look real.. well that's it

                    Other than this, here's things I like the Main OW, the tree, the sync of tiles of bridge and tree, and the bug catcher OW
                    __________________
                      #89    
                    Old August 7th, 2011 (3:30 PM).
                    Crimson5M's Avatar
                    Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                    what
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2011
                    Location: Scotland
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 1,102
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tehGDS View Post
                    Lol Volt tackle became wild charge, um the rogenrola needs work, and sort of add more road tiles near the tree, and make it look like the's a shadow under the bridge by making the transition smooth, I couldn't tell what the shadow was, nor the OW's until I looked again, so only fix this and well good luck
                    What road it's a Gym. Lol.
                    __________________
                    Youtube
                      #90    
                    Old August 10th, 2011 (1:22 AM).
                    DrFuji's Avatar
                    DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                    Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2009
                    Location: Downia-upside
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 1,328
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                    Update.

                    This update would've been longer had a certain script not decided to f up. For those who are too lazy to shift there eyes up a little bit, I inserted new cave tiles, fixed the Gym up a little and replaced Volt Tackle with Wild Charge.
                    Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.

                    Anyway, the cave and gym tiles are looking very nice, but I think Starly's sprite is too small - I mean, it looks seriously tiny. Good work and all that jazz :P
                    __________________
                      #91    
                    Old August 11th, 2011 (12:04 AM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,503
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
                    Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.
                    It looks to me like it's just remaded Duskull's OW =)
                    __________________
                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                      #92    
                    Old August 11th, 2011 (1:15 AM).
                    CrimsonChronoX CrimsonChronoX is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 16
                      This looks awesome so far. If you add fakemons, i would suggest you making good ones. Fakemons for me, makes the game more interesting. Gives you more pokemon to catch, and is always a better change to have different pokemon to use then the regular ones.
                        #93    
                      Old August 11th, 2011 (1:24 AM).
                      Crimson5M's Avatar
                      Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                      what
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2011
                      Location: Scotland
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 1,102
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

                      It looks to me like it's just remaded Duskull's OW =)
                      Nope, completely scratch, there isn't a Duskull overworld overworld in Ruby.
                      __________________
                      Youtube
                        #94    
                      Old August 16th, 2011 (3:08 PM).
                      Chaos Rush's Avatar
                      Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2007
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,303
                        I'm just curious, but why am I in the credits?
                        __________________
                          #95    
                        Old August 16th, 2011 (10:52 PM).
                        Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                        Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                        The Faltine
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2008
                          Location: Slovenia
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 3,578

                          Familiarity anyone? XD
                          Feel free to keep it as it is, though. It's not like it has copyrights reserved or something.
                          __________________
                            #96    
                          Old August 17th, 2011 (12:31 AM).
                          Omega Zero's Avatar
                          Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
                          Is back...
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2009
                          Location: I'm always living aren't I?
                          Age: 19
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 445
                          good tiles and such and your scripts are great!
                          btw *off topic*
                          what if more people vote against you smell? :D
                          __________________
                            #97    
                          Old August 17th, 2011 (1:05 AM).
                          Crimson5M's Avatar
                          Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                          what
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2011
                          Location: Scotland
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 1,102
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
                          Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.

                          Anyway, the cave and gym tiles are looking very nice, but I think Starly's sprite is too small - I mean, it looks seriously tiny. Good work and all that jazz
                          Ya Roggy.
                          Thanks. But tiny birds must be tiny to be tiny.
                          Thankz.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by CrimsonChronoX View Post
                          This looks awesome so far. If you add fakemons, i would suggest you making good ones. Fakemons for me, makes the game more interesting. Gives you more pokemon to catch, and is always a better change to have different pokemon to use then the regular ones.
                          Thankz.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                          I'm just curious, but why am I in the credits?
                          Idk I think it was a few sprites I used for your resizing project. Idk if I'm still using them though.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post

                          Familiarity anyone? XD
                          Feel free to keep it as it is, though. It's not like it has copyrights reserved or something.
                          Lol, I only noticed that a while after making my Gym xD

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
                          good tiles and such and your scripts are great!
                          btw *off topic*
                          what if more people vote against you smell? :D
                          Thankz.
                          Then I need a bath


                          Horrific Update.

                          My Mum deleted all of the Pokemon stuff from my desktop and pictures folder. Guess what? DarkGrey's folder(along with my other hack's folder) was on my desktop.
                          So yes, my hack has been deleted. Don't worry though, because I still have a patch of my ROM somewhere. However, I'm not sure how much there is. I don't think I really did much other than insert a few overworlds (which weren't too hard to make tbh), insert a few sprites and insert a few tiles (OK, now that will take a while to fix). So yeah, hack delayed for a while I guess. :\
                          __________________
                          Youtube
                            #98    
                          Old August 17th, 2011 (1:09 AM).
                          Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                          Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                          The Faltine
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2008
                            Location: Slovenia
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 3,578
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                            Horrific Update.

                            My Mum deleted all of the Pokemon stuff from my desktop and pictures folder. Guess what? DarkGrey's folder(along with my other hack's folder) was on my desktop.
                            So yes, my hack has been deleted. Don't worry though, because I still have a patch of my ROM somewhere. However, I'm not sure how much there is. I don't think I really did much other than insert a few overworlds (which weren't too hard to make tbh), insert a few sprites and insert a few tiles (OK, now that will take a while to fix). So yeah, hack delayed for a while I guess. :\
                            ...How frustrating is that. :\
                            __________________
                              #99    
                            Old August 17th, 2011 (2:21 AM).
                            Omega Zero's Avatar
                            Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
                            Is back...
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2009
                            Location: I'm always living aren't I?
                            Age: 19
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 445
                            Would you not have all your things in the recycle bin? or did she delete that too?
                            if so that must've sucked my parents never delete my stuff "probs cause i have my own pc" or i rant about it for months and they get sick of it, hope you get everything back to how it was.
                            __________________
                              #100    
                            Old August 17th, 2011 (3:53 AM).
                            Crimson5M's Avatar
                            Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                            what
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2011
                            Location: Scotland
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 1,102
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
                            Would you not have all your things in the recycle bin? or did she delete that too?
                            if so that must've sucked my parents never delete my stuff "probs cause i have my own pc" or i rant about it for months and they get sick of it, hope you get everything back to how it was.
                            Yup, recycling bin too.
                            And it was my own.
                            You're 400th post was in my thread...That is so cool.
                            __________________
                            Youtube
                            Closed Thread

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:47 AM.