• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Error 61010? ._.

Tried to do use Game Sync, and got this error, tried to search for a battle, waited 5 minutes and no games..

Whats happening? D:

Error 61010? ._.
Tried to do use Game Sync, and got this error, tried to search for a battle, waited 5 minutes and no games..

Whats happening? D:

Last edited:

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
How do you recognize a shiny Pokemon?

I haven't ever seen one (I guess) but I've been wondering if I actually have, and just didn't know it was. I mean, the image I get is a sparkling blingbling filled pink thingy but... yeah. It probably isn't like that. I think I've seen pictures of a shiny Purrloin which looked awesome but I'm not sure.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
How do you recognize a shiny Pokemon?

I haven't ever seen one (I guess) but I've been wondering if I actually have, and just didn't know it was. I mean, the image I get is a sparkling blingbling filled pink thingy but... yeah. It probably isn't like that. I think I've seen pictures of a shiny Purrloin which looked awesome but I'm not sure.

Actually, it's pretty close to that. You'll know when you see a shiny (if you ever do). The encounter is pretty much the same as any normal encounter except the Pokémon will be a different color and there will be some sparkles (accompanied with a sound effect). There are loads of shiny videos on youtube if you want to see for yourself what they look like or learn to do RNG abuse.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Can I get patches of grass to appear in my White Forest by syncing with another player of White? I know it works by syncing with someone playing Black and visiting their Black City via Hi-Link, but will it work if I sync with another player of White? I know one person who plays White but no one who plays Black, and I want to be able to catch the Pokemon exclusive to White Forest. The writers of the games made this so inconvenient.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Can I get patches of grass to appear in my White Forest by syncing with another player of White? I know it works by syncing with someone playing Black and visiting their Black City via Hi-Link, but will it work if I sync with another player of White? I know one person who plays White but no one who plays Black, and I want to be able to catch the Pokemon exclusive to White Forest. The writers of the games made this so inconvenient.

Nope, you can only gain more people in your White Forest by linking up with Pokemon Black and visiting their Black City and inviting people to join you.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Sorry if this has been asked before but are Victini and Zoroark considered legendaries/ubers?

In-game Victini is considered Uber, which means you can't use it in the Battle Subway, random Wi-FI matches. Zoroark is definitely not legendary/uber.

As for (Smogon's) competitive tiers, they are both not considered to be in the Uber tier. In fact, they are both in the "Underused" tier if I recall correctly.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
After you've beaten the main game you can catch Pokemon from the older gens, is there a full list of all the Pokemon that you can catch in BW? I mean, I doubt there's all Pokemon from every previous gen?

// Thank you for the answers!

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
After you've beaten the main game you can catch Pokemon from the older gens, is there a full list of all the Pokemon that you can catch in BW? I mean, I doubt there's all Pokemon from every previous gen?

Yes, you can catch previous generation Pokemon after the main story has been completed, in the east side of Unova. I don't think there's really a list of them. I guess your best bet is to use the Pokearth on Serebii to check the routes and such that you're on.

Pokearth! Click me

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Gender Dilemma

Is there a better competitive gender for your pokemon? I was once told that females were preferable since most attract users were also female, therefore displaying an immunity. Is choosing boy or girl for your team members a whole lot more than just preference?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is there a better competitive gender for your pokemon? I was once told that females were preferable since most attract users were also female, therefore displaying an immunity. Is choosing boy or girl for your team members a whole lot more than just preference?
Well you said it yourself. Most Attract users are female... so if you want counter against them just make your team females.
If you don't care about them just go with anything you catch =D

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
No because cloning is just duplicating the data, it is not editing or varying it any way to make it hacked and or edited.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i have a quick question on breeding. if u save right before getting an egg from the day care man and if its not shiny soft reset, get the egg again until it is shiny? i saw this on a vid on youtube and want to know if its true or not before i spend alot of time on it

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Oh, OK cool. I mean via AR clone, cuz I've heard it's illegal.
Just to play it safe, I wouldn't use AR on your game at all if you're going to be entering a competition.
i have a quick question on breeding. if u save right before getting an egg from the day care man and if its not shiny soft reset, get the egg again until it is shiny? i saw this on a vid on youtube and want to know if its true or not before i spend alot of time on it
Breeding mechanics are slightly different than in Gen IV, so yeah, you can. I don't see why you'd want to though, since it's faster to just to bike around and continuously get new eggs.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I was wondering how one would accurately calculate a lvl.1 pokemon's IVs without using an AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back