• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite news outlet?

Whats your favourite news outlet?

• Total voters

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
The choices are:

CNN: The BBC of America

BBC: Everyone knows it

Sky: Not as bad as FOX and they have a good Sports News channel

Fox: The fair and balance channel that's all lies

Bloomberg: The Stock Market Channel

Other: Please put in post

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
As a Spaniard, I always check RTVE (Radiotelevisión Española- Spanish Radio and Television). They got the 2009 prize for the best news bulletins in the world, and scored second last year- beating ABC News, CBS, Fox, NBC and BBC: Source A Source B (and, must I add, as a journalist, working there is one of my lifetime goals).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
From that list? CNN. Followed by BBC.

As a Canadian though, I look at those for international news. On the home front I follow "CTV News" and the "Globe and Mail".

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
For the most part, I tend to default to BBC News, but only their online coverage. Sometimes I'll read stuff from the New York Times (provided I can avoid the paywall), but if I had to choose a newspaper, it'd definitely be the Financial Times - the best quality journalism I've read.

Years
BBC. The news system in Indiana is very lacking with details of what's going on outside the US. I like to know what's going on in the world.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Fox, CNN, and HLN here. I don't really keep up with them on my own though. My granddad and uncle are usually watching it when I go downstairs, so I might stick around to see if anything interesting is in the news. Most of the time though, I rely on social media networks and PC for my new feed, haha. Twitter trends and PC's OC threads keep me more informed than watching the news tbh. For international stuff, of course.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I go to BBC homepage and read a lot of news there. I've probably known BBC since I was like 7.

On a slightly unrelated note, I do also read parody news, and my favorite website for parody news is Onion.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
By the way, adding newspapers to that list, I'm subscribed to El País (Spain) and The Guardian (UK). Any person who has ever heard of them could easily guess my political leanings XD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I mainly watch BBC's news as it's reliable and there are no adverts. Bit annoying you have to pay TV licensing because of this though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I lol hard that FOX news is even on the list of potential poll answers :P

I don't really watch the news at all; I make a point of it because if I were to start watching the news or reading newspapers then it'd force me to grow up and become one of those cynical people who talk about how messed up the world is. It would age me faster than cigarettes. But here at my house they tend to watch Sky News.

Ayselipera

AND FOR MY CELEBRITY NEWS OF COURSE E! NEWS AND PEREZHILTON.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My parents watch CNN a lot. I only half pay attention since I'm not all that interested (and half the time it's my parents yelling at the TV screen about some news anchor's opinion that they didn't like.)

If there's some time I really wanted to get news, I'd look it up online. And for that I'd just Google it... I'm not faithful to one online news source or another.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
I don't really ever watch TV, but I use Huffington Post alot, if that counts... When I do watch news on the TV though, it's BBC :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
They all have their own agenda that they want to shove down the throats of their readers/viewers, so I don't trust any of them. But I will read a variety to try and get as much varying opinions as possible.

Years
I read The Age online all of the time, however when I'm reading a physical newspaper I'll usually go with the Herald Sun.

As for televised news, I'm always watching Channel 10, as they start at five and finish at half past six (or 7.30 if you include 6.30 With George Negus and The 7PM Project), which is far more news than Nine or Seven does.

I'm usually listening to my iPod, but when I have the radio on while driving I'm often listening to ABC 774 on AM radio, and they have a fairly comprehensive news service every hour.

Years
I'm from Australia, so probably the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) is probably my main news source, both online and televised.

I even got to see the ABC Studio in Sydney as part of my work studies.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
I usually watch Bloomberg. It has more of the news I actually care about than the others do.

But recently I've only had the time to read the paper, which is just a local one which I don't really like. I prefer the Wall Street Journal but nobody else in my family likes it. So I just read it sometimes at the general store.

Years
From that list? CNN. Followed by BBC.

As a Canadian though, I look at those for international news. On the home front I follow "CTV News" and the "Globe and Mail".

This is pretty much the same as me, except I don't really tune in to BBC if there's "breaking news," just CNN. I also tend to check CBC News over CTV, but it really is a 50/50 split depending on who has better coverage on a story.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
Years
I watch FOX and a bit of BBC. I don't watch as much television as many others do, so when I watch the news, it's usually whatever my parents are watching. My parents watch FOX, which I watch occasionally. I don't really watch BBC, but I'll check the homepage and such. In terms of entertainment, I use Rolling Stone, even though they're quite biased and have terrible "best of" opinions.

Back