• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does PokéCommunity mean to you?

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
PC is my home on the internet. The members are nice which made me happy. If PC shut down..I'd be very sad and I don't like to move to Serebii :O.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I didn't really think much of this place, I noticed it a load of times whenever browsing the internet, I just never thought of joining, but up around 09 I decided why not. Of course, this is the first forum I've ever actually signed up to and I was quite the noob when starting out. Though obviously I've matured a lot and I've really enjoyed it here.

Overall PokéCommunity is a very special place for me, it's always one of the first sites I visit when I go online, I've met so some great people, made some amazing friends. I love discussing Pokémon in general, and I really enjoy the off-topic discussions too.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
It's pretty much the place I go to post about stuff which I find interesting after I've finished going on youtube. I'd like it if I'd come on here more though.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Second job!

To me, PC is mainly a nostalgia-fest. I probably spent more time on PC in my formative teenage years than any other website (and probably longer than I saw some of my friends). Because of this, it had a big impact on me growing up. I'd wake up, check PC, go to school (and still find a way to check it), come back, and be on PC until I needed to do something important in real life. Although, saying that, PC WAS my real life for all intents and purposes, and what should have been real was really a 'distraction' from this place.

Nowadays that's pretty much reversed. As much as PC means to me, it's definitely not the centre of my life any more. In terms of most visited sites, it probably squeaks into my top 10, but it's definitely in the lower limit. Modding is fun, but it's a distraction from my definitely real life.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
PC means a lot to me, but I've gotten busier lately. D:
I usually go here to browse ROM hacks and chat with online friends here though (I barely go to the Pokemon forums anymore).

Honest

Hi!
Years
When I first joined this place, PC meant the world to me, and I was completley addicted to it. Lately though, I guess some of the hype died down, for me anyways. With Facebook and all, it's a little difficult to find time here, but I do come on every once in while. =]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
What PokéCommunity means to me....hmmm..

A place to get away from my rl problems. Spending hours on end discussing my favorite topics with online friends that I can't talk about in rl. A place where I can be myself. Well, online self really. What, too cheesy?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
What is this forum to you?
A place where I can chat about Pokemon and various other things whenever I get bored (like right now for starters)

Is it simply somewhere you drop in from time to time when you're bored, or is it right at the centre of your life, as an online home of sorts?
I go on here when I am bored

Where does it lie in your list of priorities, and how does your PokéCommunity life compare to your offline life?
When I am bored, thats when I get on here so its not on my list of priorities

What would you think and do if this place shut down?
Go to another Forum

:t354:TG

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I got bored because I was temporarily banned on my favorite site. That's pretty much it. The forums are pretty good too I guess.

Years
It's a place to get in touch with some people I know through the internet.

PC is basically what I do when I'm on the computer and browsing the internet. I've gotten to the point where I don't care to check more than a couple websites regularly because it's just too much time and there's enough going on at PC and enough people that it's a kind of one-stop-shop in a sense. It's my go-to thing when I everything else I could do isn't that appealing, or when I'm at work. :'D

Back