• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

leews24

ha
Years
Okay so, I have a few questions. I know most of these were probably answeared already countless times, but I've searched and couldn't find much, and since I'm lazy by nature here they go:

1. Where can I get the fifth generation starters?
2. Where do I catch magmar? And does it evolve at level 40 or should I find a magmarizer?
3. I heard there is no glaceon or leafeon in this game, is it true? If not, how do I get them?
4. Where do I get riolu?
5. And Deino?
6. Also, is there no bike in this game or is the team steam uniform supposed to work as a bike?
7. Also, can I get Tirtouga? Or Archen?
8. How many Dusk stones can I get and where do I get them?
9. Where do I get misdreavus?

And I think that's all, thanks :)

1.IN LAUREN, THE DOC'S LAB, NOT SNOWCE
2.the cave after enermy town
3.I believe you can't get em.
4.Enermy town.
5.The cave after Enermy town, say yes to whatever Zero says, and you get it.
6.The bike is the uniform and the pilot license
7.Archen is sky fossil, obtained in the same cave.
Talk to the dude in the Museum and revive it.
The former, no idea.
8.not sure, but there's a stone store later in the game.
9.Tower in darkdusk city.

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
i have an installating problem. I have downloaded .ips file, have clean ruby rom and Lunar IPS. I applied .ips file and then ruby .gba and I go light platinum.gba . When i want to open it with Visual Boy Advance emulator i got white screen.

I also find light platinum.gba on its official site but its different then i see in youtube videos. There i can have Kanto starters. There are aslo different background beining when legendaries fight.

Please hep me.

get working clear rom here : google : 0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0) 4shared , if not work change save type on 128k

full eng version only in ips http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/download-eng-version.html

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
My Riolu didnt learn alot of the attacks he was supposed to, like force palm.
At around lvl 31-33 he learned Extremespeed. He is currently at lvl 43 and I dont know when or if he gets Aura Sphere. I tried using Serebii but his moves gained through lvl are completely different from both pokemon guides of B/W and D/P.
Anyone using him at higher lvls and can tell me when he learns his attacks in Light Platinum?

Those are 4th gen attacks and this is a 3rd gen game. The movesets were edited.

aco

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
hello

i have a problem i have download the new beta in english i'm on the third gym when i defeat the gym leader the brigde disappeared

i hope one of you have the solution of that problem

thanks
aleks

ps: sorry for my english

Years
I have a problem Im not stuck I was doing the event witch takes u to the Distrion world and I lost to Zero and was reverted back to the Pokemon center I tryed to go back but no one was there is there a way to get back there I'm now at the E4 . ?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Played for a bit on my Symbian with gPSP. Though it seems that I get an error in evolution. Every time pokemon evolves, I get "bad memory dump" or something similar error... Is it possible to re-mod evolution sprites or something? Or maybe there is another way?

leews24

ha
Years
Played for a bit on my Symbian with gPSP. Though it seems that I get an error in evolution. Every time pokemon evolves, I get "bad memory dump" or something similar error... Is it possible to re-mod evolution sprites or something? Or maybe there is another way?

Bad memory dump is a system error.
Meaning your symbian phone is a dumbass or the emulator is a dumbass.
I've never used symbian nor gpsp, but Bad Memory Dump is also the error when you load too much of the sys. img. compared to the cpu and ram in an android system in fasboot.

Does the game itself say that? Because if it is, and not a error message popup, its a whole differnet story.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Dodq2: Go up twice.

Whoever asked: For the nth time, there are no freaking dusk stones! This is ruby! And there is the same d/n system ruby had. Do your research. Also, I posted about all the evolutions earlier. There is a search function. You should know this from reading tcoppy's signature. I have no clue what page it's on, and I would repost it, but I would find it using the search function which you are all quite capable of using.

As you can tell, I'm not checking this thread much anymore because it only contains questions that have already been answered 60 trillion times. The only legitimate glitch I am aware of is with Rayner in the Power Plant, and apparently Lauren starters according to a few people though I have not been able to replicate that, and if I can be bothered, I may make a tiny patch that fixes those. But as I still haven't heard back from anyone about how to fix the more serious issues, such as growth rate, without using yape or hex editing, I very much doubt I'll be releasing a large update fixing base exp, pokedex entries, all that jazz.

With the possible exception of Rayner, the game works fine as-is. Deal with it, guys. 99% of your 'glitches' here can be solved by having a brain. =/

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Those are 4th gen attacks and this is a 3rd gen game. The movesets were edited.

So Lucario pretty much became useless?

Too bad.. I usually go with Lucario in my party since I like his attacks, now I have to find a substitute...

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
About gPSP.

I don't know real message :D Game just hangs on evolution and quits after few secs. It doesn't happen on other Pokemon games, don't know why Light Platinum has this exception.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2023
get working clear rom here : google : 0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0) 4shared , if not work change save type on 128k

full eng version only in ips {link}

i've downloaded everything you told me but this file is the same as i'd downloadad previously, still KANTO starters, but i can handle, Charmander's final form is a Charizard - my favourite pokemon, just the problem is that if i stuck somewhere i cannot look on youtube videos to find out what to do...

Years
So Lucario pretty much became useless?

Too bad.. I usually go with Lucario in my party since I like his attacks, now I have to find a substitute...

Use Infernape its pretty good substitute for me I had Lucario in my team then it was really good against dragons but Lucario move set sux so Infernape took his place on my team thx to his great speed and psychical strength . But not so good against dragons tho :( ----> Got cloyster for that xD hopes this helps ... ?.?

derp

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
You're supposed to go up twice, through Kosaka, to the Merydian Gym. I don't know what on earth bad memory dump means.

Years
I don't know what on earth bad memory dump means.

This happens when the computer's memory, or critical system files - those that are needed for the operating system to maintain the computer's integrity - become corrupted. Sometimes this is the result of an ill-behaved program

I don't know what on earth bad memory dump means.

This happens when the computer's memory, or critical system files - those that are needed for the operating system to maintain the computer's integrity - become corrupted. Sometimes this is the result of an ill-behaved program

Last edited:

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Use Infernape its pretty good substitute for me I had Lucario in my team then it was really good against dragons but Lucario move set sux so Infernape took his place on my team thx to his great speed and psychical strength . But not so good against dragons tho :( ----> Got cloyster for that xD hopes this helps ... ?.?

derp
Too late to get infernape, I randomly chose Turtwig like 10 minutes ago.
Thinking about using Scrafty, anyone ever used him?

Years
Too late to get infernape, I randomly chose Turtwig like 10 minutes ago.
Thinking about using Scrafty, anyone ever used him?

No instead get a Breloom (Bee forest get Sheroom train it lucky egg) or Mienfoo (Left in grass from Day care ) day care is right from the electric city gym Mienshao is awesome so i'm leaning towards Mienfoo

Back