• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Awesome.

Gotta go fast!!!
Years
The Hunger Games Trilogy and Movie Speculation thread

For the people who don't know what the Hunger Games is about, here's a quick summary:

"Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When her sister is chosen by lottery, Katniss steps up to go in her place."

There are two other books in the series(hence trilogy)
Anyways having read the first two I have to say the books are a really good read and you, yes, you should read them.(the second book is called catching fire and the third is mockingjay)

ITT: Discuss the Hunger Games

EDIT:Feel free to speculate for the movie being made for the book(s?)!

Last edited:

i am square

that one guy
Years
I feel like the middle of Catching Fire seemed to drag on for ages, and the ending of Mockingjay seemed rushed, but I enjoyed the trilogy.

Years
I thought it (and by it I mean the first book which is the only one I've read) was better than Lord of the Flies in showing the savage and human sides of people, but not as good as The Giver in terms of painting a dystopian future. Overall I think it's okay, but it didn't make me want to read the sequels.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I just made a club in Other Clubs a few days ago to show how much I love it.

Anyways I just love the series, probably my favourite book series ever. My favorite was the first, since it had the most action. Mockingjay was the most boring out of all of them in my opinion, plus so many characters died. Catching Fire was pretty epic, but I won't spoil the epic parts for those who haven't read it yet. Too bad the series ended, I'd love it if they made sidebooks about other important Hunger Games history.

Awesome.

Gotta go fast!!!
Years
I just made a club in Other Clubs a few days ago to show how much I love it.

Anyways I just love the series, probably my favourite book series ever. My favorite was the first, since it had the most action. Mockingjay was the most boring out of all of them in my opinion, plus so many characters died. Catching Fire was pretty epic, but I won't spoil the epic parts for those who haven't read it yet. Too bad the series ended, I'd love it if they made sidebooks about other important Hunger Games history.
*Goes to join the club*
This is an excellent idea, they could make a side story of how the past two Quarter Quell's played out(except more detail in number 50 because they have a brief description in Catching Fire). Heck, I would love read about how the first Games played out.

Also, feel free to discuss the upcoming movie for
the first book, as well!

Back