• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~Prepare For Trouble!~ [Team Rocket Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Woah, two more members! Welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy the club! ^^ Musalina, don't hesitate to pick a second Pokemon if you want to.

Like you guys said, I hope the device they placed in the tunnel has something to do with energy, or train control, or anything along those lines.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
After watching some old eps, I'm even more sure the Raimon City plan has something to do with gathering energy. For what? Well, I have no clue. But they were capturing Dangoro to power something back in BW037 on orders from Seger, weren't they? And stealing Dream Energy in BW039... To me it looks like this has been setting up for a while. And they haven't been failing just because they're the TRio- they've been failing so we get some drama in Raimon.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
After watching some old eps, I'm even more sure the Raimon City plan has something to do with gathering energy. For what? Well, I have no clue. But they were capturing Dangoro to power something back in BW037 on orders from Seger, weren't they? And stealing Dream Energy in BW039... To me it looks like this has been setting up for a while. And they haven't been failing just because they're the TRio- they've been failing so we get some drama in Raimon.

That makes much sense. After all, we shouldn't combine real life events with the show too much. Their device did referred to a bomb to me, but it's a kid anime after all...

[Edit] So it seems that little device was used to change the subway tracks. I'm relieved! The next episode preview looks weird though. It seems as if some random dude had captured Meowth. Hopefully, he has another one, even if this species is supposed to be rare in Unova. Actually, I think I fell for it and it's just another failed-Meowth-capture joke.

Does anyone have a new subject? I don't know what to ask anymore! :P

Last edited:

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
The next episode preview looks weird though. It seems as if some random dude had captured Meowth. Hopefully, he has another one, even if this species is supposed to be rare in Unova. Actually, I think I fell for it and it's just another failed-Meowth-capture joke.

*Goes all Chris Crocker* LEAVE MEOWTH ALONE!!! PLEASE!!! HE'S BEEN FIRED FROM TEAM ROCKET AND HIS BEST FRIENDS LEFT HIM. HE'S GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME RIGHT NOW. LEAVE MEOWTH ALONE, RIGHT NOW! I MEAN IT.

Aaaanyway. I'll bring up a new topic question of the day, week, month, whatever.

As far as Team Rocket goes, which region did you like Team Rocket best in and why?
I'm going to say Kanto. IMO, they were the perfect mix of threatening and funny in that series.

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Yes, they need to leave the poor thing alone :(.

As far as the regions go, which region did you like Team Rocket best in and why?
I'd say Kanto as well because the first region will always be special for me. Nothing beats the good old days :P!

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Hey, guys, I'm new! I'm also kind of behind on the anime (like, still on the first season behind because I fail THAT HARD), but I do so love Team Rocket and I hope I'm signing up for this right...

Username: Rocket Grunt Cali
Partner(s): Ekans and Grimer

As far as Team Rocket goes, which region did you like Team Rocket best in and why?
Kanto, both because it's the only one I really know, and they're just so adorable while still being a legitimate threat. And it has Holy Matrimony in it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey it's Cali! :D Glad you decide to join up~~ As for catching up on the anime, I'd say don't worry about anything besides Unova for now because that's what we're concentrated on. (I've only watched half of Johto, half of Hoenn, and bits of Sinnoh myself, lol).

As for current topic, I liked them in Hoenn quite a bit. They were still fairly balanced and not tiresome yet.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
Hey, guys, I'm new! I'm also kind of behind on the anime (like, still on the first season behind because I fail THAT HARD), but I do so love Team Rocket and I hope I'm signing up for this right...

Username: Rocket Grunt Cali
Partner(s): Ekans and Grimer

Kanto, both because it's the only one I really know, and they're just so adorable while still being a legitimate threat. And it has Holy Matrimony in it.

Hello, and welcome! And I love Holy Matrimony! It's my favorite episode. :)

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Welcome Cali! I hope you enjoy your time with us! ^^

It doesn't matter if you're way behind as the characters didn't evolve that much throughout the seasons, with the one exception that is Best Wishes. I myself had just seen the Kanto seasons, the first Johto season and about 3 more recent episodes a few months ago. I decided to watch them all and I've only got Johto and a few episodes of Hoenn left. I must say it gets boring after a while, especially when JJ&M don't have much screen time, but it's possible to catch up!

Who doesn't love Holy Matrimony, muahahaha!

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Hey it's Cali! :D Glad you decide to join up~~ As for catching up on the anime, I'd say don't worry about anything besides Unova for now because that's what we're concentrated on. (I've only watched half of Johto, half of Hoenn, and bits of Sinnoh myself, lol).

As for current topic, I liked them in Hoenn quite a bit. They were still fairly balanced and not tiresome yet.
I will definitely make sure to keep that in mind ^_^

Mine too, it's so sweeet! The ending just makes my inner Rocketshipper explode with happiness. <3

Welcome Cali! I hope you enjoy your time with us! ^^

It doesn't matter if you're way behind as the characters didn't evolve that much throughout the seasons, with the one exception that is Best Wishes. I myself had just seen the Kanto seasons, the first Johto season and about 3 more recent episodes a few months ago. I decided to watch them all and I've only got Johto and a few episodes of Hoenn left. I must say it gets boring after a while, especially when JJ&M don't have much screen time, but it's possible to catch up!

Who doesn't love Holy Matrimony, muahahaha!
I'm kind of noticing it dragging a bit when they're not around, too, and I'm only on Kanto! Maybe it's because Ash is really annoying, or maybe... wait, no, that's it, Ash is really annoying, haha.

That episode makes me so happeeeeh! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Kanto, its where they all started the Pikachu and the twerps chase.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Mine too, it's so sweeet! The ending just makes my inner Rocketshipper explode with happiness. <3

It's funny because after all these years, I'm still not sure if I like the Holy Matrimony ending or not. It was obvious James would leave his crazy family and join Team Rocket back, and then all we see is a handshake. To me, a handshake represents cold and distant feelings... I've always found it weird since J&J hug all the time. Of course, they're partners, but they're more than that too (no worries non-shippers, I mean friends :P). The one thing my shippy self enjoyed, though, is that they forgot Meowth.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
It's funny because after all these years, I'm still not sure if I like the Holy Matrimony ending or not. It was obvious James would leave his crazy family and join Team Rocket back, and then all we see is a handshake. To me, a handshake represents cold and distant feelings... I've always found it weird since J&J hug all the time. Of course, they're partners, but they're more than that too (no worries non-shippers, I mean friends :P). The one thing my shippy self enjoyed, though, is that they forgot Meowth.

The way I see it is that it's kind of an awkward "I'm totally crushing on you but I don't want to say anything" moment, as close to them holding hands as somebody as arrogant as Jessie or as cowardly as James is going to admit to. Besides, there's the whole business with them getting so lost in each others' eyes that they forgot Meowth, and he does say again, which to me implies that it's happened before...

Anyway, just my two cents, when I get shippy it kind of makes no real sense. I'll go back into hiding now ^.^;;

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
The way I see it is that it's kind of an awkward "I'm totally crushing on you but I don't want to say anything" moment, as close to them holding hands as somebody as arrogant as Jessie or as cowardly as James is going to admit to. Besides, there's the whole business with them getting so lost in each others' eyes that they forgot Meowth, and he does say again, which to me implies that it's happened before...

Anyway, just my two cents, when I get shippy it kind of makes no real sense. I'll go back into hiding now ^.^;;

The thing that bothers me is that they're not holding hands like friends would, it's a handshake like business partners do. That's probably a futile detail, but it'll always bother me xD!!!

Concerning the again, I wonder if they do say so in the original version or if it's a dub only comment. I've been deceived several times when a shippy comment is dub only ^^".

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
The thing that bothers me is that they're not holding hands like friends would, it's a handshake like business partners do. That's probably a futile detail, but it'll always bother me xD!!!

Concerning the again, I wonder if they do say so in the original version or if it's a dub only comment. I've been deceived several times when a shippy comment is dub only ^^".

Kojiro said something along the lines of, "Good relations for now on, Musashi" in the original. It's kind of weird how they still fight a lot after that, but in just about every episode that Takagami wrote since then (he wrote that ep.), they do have good relations. But hey... it works, I guess. Lol

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Woah guys, the thread has been inactive for quite some time now!!! I've been checking it daily, waiting for more replies, but no... As you guys know, my questions are lame, so please be inspired! :P Let's see...

If you could choose any other Team Rocket member, who would you like JJ&M to travel with?

I think I'd enjoy seeing Domino travelling with them, to b**** them around a little. I think it'd be funny and they'd probably manage to capture Pikachu after all these years. That if Domino thinks it's worth it.

Kojiro said something along the lines of, "Good relations for now on, Musashi" in the original. It's kind of weird how they still fight a lot after that, but in just about every episode that Takagami wrote since then (he wrote that ep.), they do have good relations. But hey... it works, I guess. Lol

Heh, I see.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Sorry, sorry, sorry for not being here in a while, I went on a holiday and it took like 5 minutes to load a thread.

If you could choose any other Team Rocket member, who would you like JJ&M to travel with?
I would love to see Miyamoto appear for a few episodes having been found not dead, it be awesome to see her and Jessie gang up on James and have a huge scream fest.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
I'll say Mondo. I listened to the CD drama again and like him more than the first time around when I heard it. I think it'd be cute to have their assistant tagging along to help them when they get into deep doo doo. XD

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Sorry, sorry, sorry for not being here in a while, I went on a holiday and it took like 5 minutes to load a thread.

It's fine, haha!

I would love to see Miyamoto appear for a few episodes having been found not dead, it be awesome to see her and Jessie gang up on James and have a huge scream fest.

I'm not sure I'd like Miyamoto to travel with them, but I would love (so much) to see her "come back to life" and meet the trio. According to her personality, she would most likely ask if J&J are in couple, and I'd really enjoy seeing their reaction. I know they've been asked that question already, but they would surely have a more intense reaction or fight if it came from Jessie's mom :P.

I'll say Mondo. I listened to the CD drama again and like him more than the first time around when I heard it. I think it'd be cute to have their assistant tagging along to help them when they get into deep doo doo. XD

I've never listened to that drama lol! I always thought Mondo's design was too plain so I didn't bother with him xD!!! I guess I should give it a try. Him being in love with Jessie could provoke funny situations.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
I'd absolutely love to see them forced to team up with Butch and Cassidy for more than one episode, not only despite them not getting along at all but because of it. That would be hysterical seeing them trying not to kill each other for the boss's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back