• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
This was before the E4 battles?

Did you follow the signs or just randomly walk around?

It was before I had beat the E4, I was looking for pokemon to help me beat them. I did follow signs but I got to that location as quickly as possible. It took me a day or to but I managed to catch him, a tip IF you still have the masterball USE IT ON HIM! Anyways, whenever he entered the unavailable routes, I went off and trained my team. If Tornadus appears on the same routes at the same time Thundurus does, He should appear around route 2-3 before 9:00 A.M. at least it did for me..

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I was wondering who else has encountered the Shiny Prygon-Z with 'OT: Shiro*' in the GTS Negotiations? Is the Pokemon a hack or just Obscenely re-distributed? I got one for myself just out of curiousity haha.

@Misdreavus: What I did to catch Tornadus/Thundurus is to go to the route to the right of Nimbasa and enter and re-enter the tunnel, so you are going from the tunnel to route 16 over-and-over, until the weather changes telling you Thundurus is there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was wondering who else has encountered the Shiny Prygon-Z with 'OT: Shiro*' in the GTS Negotiations? Is the Pokemon a hack or just Obscenely re-distributed? I got one for myself just out of curiousity haha.

You'd probably be best off posting in PC's check my Pokemon thread, which is where you can know for sure if it's a hack or not.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
Pradason, iirc shiro* porygon-z's are indeed hacks.

I've caught all the pokemon in my white forest, so i'm trying to get rid of some people so i can get new ones... Does anyone know how to get rid of people in white forest fast?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You can't get rid of them 'fast', you just have to not talk to them, and never visit the Forest. If you walk into the Forest they leave slower, and if you talk to them they never leave.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Does Hidden Power gain STAB?
These are the 2 ways i'm thinking of:

for example:
Normal Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting
or
Fighting Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Does Hidden Power gain STAB?
These are the 2 ways i'm thinking of:

for example:
Normal Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting
or
Fighting Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting

Apparently you can for fighting & everything else but not normal since there is technically no normal HP.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
If you use Simple Beam after herp uses Sword Dance, does he get +4 or does it remain at +2?

nm legend

Years
hey i would like to know how to go to different places and see different pokemon in the dream world its been months of the same thing......just growing berries ... thanks for the help!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
hey i would like to know how to go to different places and see different pokemon in the dream world its been months of the same thing......just growing berries ... thanks for the help!

Well, it depends on your Dream Points. Go to the main global link page and where you login, click "profile" on the second tab that area offers, you'll see something saying your current Dream Points. You can't get to the next area, (Windswept Sky) until you reach 2500 points. An easy way to get there is to play the mini-games of every Pokemon you see and your Dream Points will rise rapidly. Then soon you'll be able to access the next area, and so on for the Sparkling Sea (5000). After 7500 and 10000 new Pokemon appear in each area, so it'll take a while but it's worth waiting for. You can also get more points if you visit other people's areas, so in the top corner in front of your house you'll see Dream Pal Map. Click that and travel to the other usernames you see, going to their gardens and watering their berries.

Oh and once you unlock new areas, you can always access them by going to the Island of Dreams as normal. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So, apparently once you reach the end of Victory Road, you're supposed to battle Cheren. After that, you can battle him once a day.

Trouble is, Cheren was never there to greet me on my way out of Victory Road.

What happened?

Because you need to beat the Elite Four first (yeah I didn't battle Cheren in my three playthroughs at all on my way to e4 other than in route 10), then go to Route 5 where you can speak to him and he says he wants to make a change and decides to hang out in Victory Road to train.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Can less than 6 Pokemon be transferred from a Gen IV game to a Gen V game? Or does the amount to be transferred have to be exactly 6?

(talking about the PokeTransfer)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Can less than 6 Pokemon be transferred from a Gen IV game to a Gen V game? Or does the amount to be transferred have to be exactly 6?

(talking about the PokeTransfer)

It has to be 6 unfortunately. And they can't know any HM moves.

This is only partially true. While you must choose six Pokémon to participate in the minigame, you aren't required to catch all of the Pokémon. If you only want to transfer say, 4 Pokémon, catch the ones you want in the minigame and let the timer run out. The four you caught will be transfered and the remaining two will not be transfered and remain on the 4th gen game iirc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This might've been asked already.
Does anyone know if dream world ATTACKS (not their abilities) can be passed down through breeding?

That's only if the DW attack is listed in the offspring Pokemon's list of egg moves. For example, Dream World Vulpix has Dark Pulse as its DW attack; you can breed it with a female Zorua so the baby Zorua has Dark Pulse

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
GTS Hack Checking Help??

Didn't know where this goes, so if it need to be moved, please do so!!
Ok, I want to learn how to GTS hack check, but am having problems, just getting it set up, after I put in the primary DNS #'s it gives me an "invalid" message after I click the save settings button??
Any help will do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back