• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your hopes and dreams?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
We all have them, and if we don't, we should. Something to build your life upon, something you want to experience one day. To fulfill your dreams is an amazing feeling and everyone should experience that. So, what are your hopes and dreams? If you don't have any, why?

I many hopes and dreams, but my main and most important dream is to be a good father. Not just a father, but a good one. I want to show my father that just because he was a terrible father, it doesn't mean that I will be one as well. I want to show my children (I plan to have four of them, two boys and two girls) the love that I never got, to see run them run up and hug me when I get home from work, to see the utter adoration in their eyes. I hope to cry at my oldest daughter giving a speech on her graduation day and I hope to give her a standing ovation when her speech is done. I want to see her get married and my youngest daughter get married two years later at the same area. I want them to be happy.
My sons, I dream that they become strong, loving young men. I hope that they become successful, have children, and give their children the love that I gave them. I want to feel proud of my youngest son taking his first steps before any of his other friends, in front of his friends. I want to wipe away the tears in my eyes when my oldest son protects his little brother from the bullies, I just... I just want my children to have a good life.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Well that pretty much took the words right out of mouth xD 'Cept I won't be crying, I'll be smiling. I'm the type who'll probably dote on my children and have to be reminded that I'm the parent and that I need to "discipline" them (whatever that means :P). When my child learns his first word, I'll pick him up and lift him the sky and I'll smile. It's me being proud of them and that's why I work towards that same goal xD I'm currently working on setting up a stable enviroment to raise youngsters :P Gots to get me a nice job!

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
Years
I aim to be a forensic scientist, in terms of occupation.

As cliché as it is, my main dream for my future is to be happy. I hope to find romance, when the time comes, and I hope I can make that person happy. I eventually hope to have a family, so I hope I'm a good parent and role-model for my children.

I think everyone should aim for that.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
My dream is to become an investment banker at UBS or credit suisse :DDD And to get better at art and hopefully win the art award this year :3 And also pass my Piano and Violin exam :> Ohh and also live in Switzerland or Japan or America when I grow up <3

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Eat things, and... Sometimes I sleep.
I don't have any dreams or goals beyond satisfying basic life needs and my whims.

Why? Well... to have a goal would be a positive assertion for its own sake, when we could just as well not have goals as is apparently our default state at birth. I can be content without pursuit because my mind doesn't necessarily regard what it was taught early as true (things like 'killing is wrong', but of relevance here: something like the thinking that one must work for their pleasures). I can think, and make it true for myself, that nothing must be done for me to be content.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I guess my dream is to make a difference. Maybe not the biggest difference, but I want to make something change for the better for someone, somewhere. I want to be a teacher and I want to show kids that it's worth it to try, to make things better. I want to be a positive influence on other people. And like Harlequin said, I want to be a good father and make sure my kids have a good life as they grow up. I mean, it's not like mine has been bad, but I guess my dream is just to help everyone see that the world is a better place than they think it is. ;(

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
I can't honestly say I have any hopes or dreams. The way I see it, I don't need a reason to live: I do, therefore I am. As tired and old as that saying is, that pretty much sums me up. I live in the present, and I'm perfectly content to let the future come to me when it's good and ready to. What will be, will be.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I have none. I accepted a while ago that I wouldn't be able to achieve any of the dreams I had as a kid, I didn't see a point in continuing to fool myself.

I guess you could say I want relative comfort and security. I don't want to have to worry about finances, or having to live in a council place, or being out of work. As long as I'm not in a situation like that, I'll be content.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I want to get money and move into the upper echelons of our tax bracket. Since I was very young, I've always been after money, and I don't care what kind of job I need to get to reach these dreams... just as long as someday I have the money to fulfill my every desire.

With the economy in the shape that it is, chances are this is gonna be a pipe dream for quite awhile :/

Years
Someone once saved my life and helped put me on the right track and I hope I can do the same for someone else someday.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Tbh, this might sound kind of weird, but I've been hoping for it to end. I'm not sure what 'it' is, but I just want it to end. Whether it's my life, this world or something, I'm not thinking to hard about it. Don't want to end up opening a door I can't close.

And for my dream, I'd like to be a major part in someones life. Whether it's involved with love, or saving someone, I wouldn't mind either.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
My only real hope in life, is that wherever I go, whatever I'm doing, I'm happy. Other than that, it doesn't matter. I could be rolling in money all day long, or working from sunup to sundown for minimum wage. It wouldn't matter, if I'm happy.

Physco

2+2=5
Years
My hopes and dreams are to go to Yale.
Be the CEO of a big business and invest in allot of money.
I want to take in millions and give to those in need.
I don't want to be one of those greedy rich people that just care about themselves and their fancy imported stuff.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
My ultimate childhood dream was to become a Broadway actor. That dream died a long time ago...

I guess what Harlequin said about children is pretty much my dream. Whether it's with a male partner or female partner; my children will get the attention, love and the life they deserve.

Years
My dream is to be the very best, like no one ever was. Anyhow, my main goals in life are to get a high paying job, and hopefully, live a happy life. Going to college is another big one right now.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Career and family dreams aside, I strive to one day make a difference. I want to be a sort of inspiration for people like other people have inspired me. If I can do that, then I'll feel like I made my life very much worthwhile.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope to discover my purpose in life. I have a feeling there's a certain purpose I must fulfil of great importance (bad wording but idk I've felt this way for ages) but I'm not entirely sure of what it would be.

As for my dreams, to be happy with that one person in a few years and be a journalist and at the end of it to retire into just photography (for myself and show I guess?) and feel like a success at everything I do (whether at helping people, changing the world somehow etc).

Back