• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Working my accessories

Ayselipera

Do you ever accessorize with the clothes you're wearing? For example do you wear things like scarves, hats, jewelry, bandannas, etc?

If you don't is there a reason for this and are there any accessories that you wish you did wear or wore more of?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Nah, I don't wear accessories. It'd look weird on me to be honest and I'm not that type of person.

Years
Due to the fact that I jump from work (where I wear just the uniform) to home (where I immediately change into PJs and never leave the house), I don't have opportunity to wear accessories. If, for some strange reason, I am going out somewhere special, I'll go ahead and put on some earrings and a necklace, but that's really rare. I'd say I'd wear earrings while I'm at work, but it's technically against dress code. So I don't bother. :/

When I was younger, I wore this blue bucket hat for years. Seriously, it was on my head the second I left the house, and sometimes when I was still in it! Stopped wearing it when I went to college. It's buried deep in my closet somewhere.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I wear bracelets, some all the time, others not. I actually stopped wearing a lot of my old bracelets and now I only wear my two I <3 boobies bracelets. I will wear sunglasses sometimes, and hats if the look right. Like maybe a fedora or something, aha. If I had it, I would be wearing a necklace that my ex was gonna give me, but he never found it -__-. I don't like plan to accessorize, I just wear things that I like or have meaning to me most of the time.

Years
I wear gloves to keep me warm to ensure I don't leave any finger prints at the crime scene. I also sometimes wear a scarf and cowboy hat to bring out the Aussi in me. I often carry a sword umbrella - it's an umbrella which looks like a sword it's a sword which looks like an umbrella - either in one of my hands or behind my back, so I'm prepared for the rain. PRECIPITATION DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE. Finally, a few weeks ago I got a new watch so I wear that too.

Edit: Forgot to mention I rock the shades too, regardless of the conditions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
an assortment of rings. sometimes bracelets i made and hair clips. i feel like i'm going way too far if i wear, say, bracelets and rings at the same time, or earrings and rings, or any other such combinations.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Well I wear my watch all the time. And ties, if those count. But that's it. It's not because I don't want to wear accessories, it's just because I don't like how most of them look, and I can't afford any. Like there's this ring I want but it's too expensive.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I have some rings I wear on occasion, but most of the time I can't be bothered to accessorize. I'm used to not wearing accessories.

Years
No, I never accessorize, especially not scarves.

Really, I don't do it most days because I have to work and I don't like to draw attention to myself there. I also don't like to "waste" my nice things on a place like work where I feel they'd go unappreciated. Sometimes after work I think about changing things around and a few times I do, but mostly then I just want to loaf around and who needs accessories for that?

Any other time I like to have at least one thing with me to keep from looking too plain. I don't usually have more than one thing at a time though. I also don't do hats. Like ever. I just can't pull them off.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Whenever I go out I try and have at least one accessory on me. They kinda just put the whole outfit you're trying to pull off, well, together. Sometimes I wear a necklace, sometimes just a Livestrong bracelet. Just... something. If I'm out in the Mustang I definitely make sure I'm sporting a pair of sunglasses. You can't drive a sport's car without sunglasses, you just can't! :]

One thing I really wanna get here soon is a nice watch. I just think they look so professional... although I was told not to wear them to nursing courses. You know, what with the bodily fluids getting on you and such. D; Oh well~ I'll continue to window-shop for 'em.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Usually I always have two pairs of earrings in and a bracelet I never take off .o. I also have a gold necklace with a couple pendants (one that my parents got me, and the other my boyfriend got me) so unless I'm going out somewhere special.. I usually stick to those accessories and don't change it up much <3 I'm more sentimental I guess~

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
GqbYz.gif

As far I'm concerned, my body is the accessory.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I wear a hat sometimes but that's probably the most you'll get out of me. ;-;

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The only really interesting thing is the mechanical pocketwatch I wear (or would if it currently worked).
Honestly though, it's for telling the time, I just hate wristwatches and don't use a mobile phone.

Years
I guess if you count a hat as an accessory, then I wear those. I don't use them for fashion, though, I wear them if I'm going to be in the sun for a while, or if my hair is just really messy and not co-operating with me. I also wear a watch if I'm going out somewhere, since I find it rude to go looking through my pockets just to look at the time, especially if I'm talking to someone.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I always wear sunglasses on either my face or my head whenever I'm out of the house. I look odd without sunglasses really, and this applies to using them in winter too, so... I consider them my main accessory. I also have a ring I wear on one of my fingers because I saw it in the shops in 2006 thinking it was amazing and Nan and Pop got it for me that Christmas. I also wore scarves like everyday in winter, and I occasionally wear earrings, but I haven't for a while since my ears were sore and I haven't got around to putting the actual earrings under hot water so they don't hurt my ears any more.

Back