Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #3251    
Old September 22nd, 2011 (9:50 PM).
Jeikobu's Avatar
Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
God's beloved child
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: In God's timing, Japan!
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 474
    Does anyone know how much time is allotted to beat the given number of trainers on one trip on the Royal Isshu? Also, time spent in battles doesn't run down my timer (before when the ship returns to Hiun City and I have to leave the ship), does it?
    __________________
    "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


    Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

    Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/

    Relevant Advertising!

      #3252    
    Old September 23rd, 2011 (5:44 AM). Edited September 23rd, 2011 by Moltres Rider.
    Moltres Rider Moltres Rider is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Feb 2011
      Location: With My Wife, Reshiram!
      Age: 32
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 993
      where are all the places I can get props for the prop case (for the musical)
        #3253    
      Old September 23rd, 2011 (5:54 AM).
      Yoshikko's Avatar
      Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
      the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 3,041
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
      where are all the places I can get props for the prop case (for the musical)
      In Nimbasa City, and to the left of it, there are people that will give you some props. In the Musical, when you participate, the fans outside will also give you props (if you win, even more so; you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture). On your birthday, the man up the stairs in the Musical, will give you a prop too, and when you have won about 5-10 musicals, he will give you another one. I think you can get up to 95 props in the Musical / Nimbasa and around it, and the other 5 are obtained in Opelucid. In one of the buildings, there is a man that will give you a prop each day.

      There are 100 props in total, and when you obtained them all, your trainercard will get an upgrade!
      __________________
        #3254    
      Old September 23rd, 2011 (5:59 AM).
      vaporeon7's Avatar
      vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 5,154
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
      In Nimbasa City, and to the left of it, there are people that will give you some props. In the Musical, when you participate, the fans outside will also give you props (if you win, even more so; you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture). On your birthday, the man up the stairs in the Musical, will give you a prop too, and when you have won about 5-10 musicals, he will give you another one. I think you can get up to 95 props in the Musical / Nimbasa and around it, and the other 5 are obtained in Opelucid. In one of the buildings, there is a man that will give you a prop each day.

      There are 100 props in total, and when you obtained them all, your trainercard will get an upgrade!
      You can only get 4 in Opelucid City and you get the last one by participating in a musical with another game and by talking to the man in Nimbasa.

      Or if I confuse you.
      http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Prop
      __________________
        #3255    
      Old September 23rd, 2011 (7:25 AM).
      Moltres Rider Moltres Rider is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Feb 2011
        Location: With My Wife, Reshiram!
        Age: 32
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 993
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
        you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture).

        I was told from a friend that if the guy talks to you last (after the show), then you've won. so is that not true then?
          #3256    
        Old September 24th, 2011 (8:00 AM).
        Snegurochka's Avatar
        Snegurochka Snegurochka is offline
        fire walk with me.
           
          Join Date: May 2011
          Location: Snowpoint City
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 17
          I want to restart my Black but does that mean I have to make a new account for Pokemon GL? I can't find an option to delete my game there, I only see add White which I don't have, would that work?
            #3257    
          Old September 24th, 2011 (8:05 AM).
          Oryx's Avatar
          Oryx Oryx is offline
          CoquettishCat
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 13,204
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
          I was told from a friend that if the guy talks to you last (after the show), then you've won. so is that not true then?
          I can confirm that jumping is the sign that you've won, not sure about the guy talking to you last. I would just go with the picture.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Snegurochka View Post
          I want to restart my Black but does that mean I have to make a new account for Pokemon GL? I can't find an option to delete my game there, I only see add White which I don't have, would that work?
          No unfortunately, you can only have one Black and one White ever registered to an account. The code transmits if it's Black or White so you can't register a Black game to a White slot I don't believe. You have to make a new account if you want to register two of the same game or restart, unfortunately. :(
          __________________


          Theme * Pair * VM * PM

          Not all men...

          Are all men stupid?

          That's right.

            #3258    
          Old September 24th, 2011 (8:34 AM).
          ZBomber's Avatar
          ZBomber ZBomber is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 10
            I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but

            OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

            The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.
              #3259    
            Old September 24th, 2011 (9:26 AM).
            devilace372's Avatar
            devilace372 devilace372 is offline
            cast between dusk and dawn
               
              Join Date: Mar 2010
              Location: stoke UK > GMT +1
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 74
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ZBomber View Post
              I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but

              OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

              The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.
              hey you need to go to black city and talk to the people there and when they ask to come to white forest they will appear on your game in your white forest after you have said yes and returned to your game
              __________________

              black friend code 4513 0451 0672 trainer name Rambo lol (mainly use)
              Platinum FC 3396 6219 8023
              White FC 0561 9015 1283
              SS FC 3353 6723 1201
              HG FC 4813 9699 5018
              Check Out DevilKlown's Thread!!!!: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6889622#post6889622
              Challenges:
              Current Challenge: The Random Pokemon Challenge - Soul Silver - Team: Flareon, Gallade, Corsola, Breloom
                #3260    
              Old September 24th, 2011 (9:31 AM).
              Oryx's Avatar
              Oryx Oryx is offline
              CoquettishCat
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 13,204
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ZBomber View Post
              I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but

              OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

              The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.
              If I remember correctly it goes by date. I started my game, took 55 hours to get to White Forest, and had a few people there. My boyfriend got to his in about 20 and had no one, cause he started before me and didn't play much. Kinda sucks because that means you'll have to not take your time, but that's how it works iirc. :(
              __________________


              Theme * Pair * VM * PM

              Not all men...

              Are all men stupid?

              That's right.

                #3261    
              Old September 24th, 2011 (10:13 AM). Edited September 24th, 2011 by Forever.
              Yoshikko's Avatar
              Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
              the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jul 2011
              Gender: Other
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 3,041
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
              I was told from a friend that if the guy talks to you last (after the show), then you've won. so is that not true then?
              I'm not sure, it might be true because I read that as well, but you can be a 100% sure if your Pokémon is jumping in the picture, that's what I would rely on.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ZBomber View Post
              I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but

              OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

              The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.
              Also, this is not related to the date or how much time you've spent in the game (thank god lol otherwise I'd never get it). It's the same with White Forest, only the other way around. To get people in your Black City, you need to visit someone elses White Forest and talk to the people there. Some of them will decide to migrate to your Black City. It's true however that in the beginning, there are already people in your Black City/White Forest, but they will move away since you can't come there yet, so that part is related to how much time you spent. Also, when you've got people in your Black City/White Forest, this means that if you don't visit it enough, they will move away again.
              __________________
                #3262    
              Old September 24th, 2011 (12:25 PM).
              okjoek's Avatar
              okjoek okjoek is offline
              Hoenn champ
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2010
                Location: United States of America
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 466
                I'm sort of in a situation where I don't know what to do. You see I've recently been trying the dram world just so I can get some nice abilities on pokemon whiledodging doing any of that corny little kid decoration, farming and sharing stuff. In particular I want one of the dragonite evolution line because its new ability actualy is realy nice.

                Problem is I go the the dream island place (which only lets me in once a day =/) and it's just not showing up. how do I get the pokemon I want to show up? I only find about 2 or 3 every run and frequently they aren't extrordinaraly good.

                Is there something I can do to get better finds? any tips?
                __________________
                ~Okjoek~ "I will become the Hoenn poke'mon master!"
                  #3263    
                Old September 24th, 2011 (12:29 PM).
                Oryx's Avatar
                Oryx Oryx is offline
                CoquettishCat
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2011
                Age: 25
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 13,204
                To get to the best Pokemon in the Dream World, you need Dream Points. To get the points, you have to play with Pokemon and farm berries (which aren't useless if you get the good ones, those are EV reducing berries and the only way you can get them). As you can see here, you need 10,000 points to get a Dratini, which means you'll probably want to make friends, plant berries, etc to up the Dream Points you get every time. If you do everything possible you can get around 500 points every day, so that's 20 days of spending the entire hour doing everything to get to a Dratini.
                __________________


                Theme * Pair * VM * PM

                Not all men...

                Are all men stupid?

                That's right.

                  #3264    
                Old September 24th, 2011 (5:52 PM).
                Jeikobu's Avatar
                Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
                God's beloved child
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2003
                  Location: In God's timing, Japan!
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 474
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
                  Does anyone know how much time is allotted to beat the given number of trainers on one trip on the Royal Isshu? Also, time spent in battles doesn't run down my timer (before when the ship returns to Hiun City and I have to leave the ship), does it?
                  Can anyone please help me with this?
                  __________________
                  "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


                  Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

                  Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
                    #3265    
                  Old September 25th, 2011 (8:42 AM).
                  archeops14's Avatar
                  archeops14 archeops14 is offline
                  The First Bird
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Location: Violet City
                    Age: 17
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 172
                    So I've got a Thundurus and Tornadus, both of them are traded and the Thundurus in my game is still roaming. I like to do everything in a more simple way, so is it alright if I just kill the roaming Thundurus so that I can get to Landorus?
                    __________________
                    This signature has been disabled.
                    Height exceeds 350px.
                    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                      #3266    
                    Old September 25th, 2011 (8:50 AM).
                    Oryx's Avatar
                    Oryx Oryx is offline
                    CoquettishCat
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2011
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 13,204
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
                    Can anyone please help me with this?
                    It's five whistle blasts, I can't tell you how long it is between whistle blasts though. And no, battles don't run down the timer.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by archeops14 View Post
                    So I've got a Thundurus and Tornadus, both of them are traded and the Thundurus in my game is still roaming. I like to do everything in a more simple way, so is it alright if I just kill the roaming Thundurus so that I can get to Landorus?
                    I thiiink that one of them has to be from your game, but someone else should confirm this.
                    __________________


                    Theme * Pair * VM * PM

                    Not all men...

                    Are all men stupid?

                    That's right.

                      #3267    
                    Old September 25th, 2011 (10:25 AM).
                    Moltres Rider Moltres Rider is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2011
                      Location: With My Wife, Reshiram!
                      Age: 32
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Modest
                      Posts: 993
                      does Pokemon's health and/or level affect the Pokemon's performance at Pokemon musical?
                        #3268    
                      Old September 25th, 2011 (2:02 PM).
                      Yoshikko's Avatar
                      Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
                      the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Gender: Other
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 3,041
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
                      does Pokemon's health and/or level affect the Pokemon's performance at Pokemon musical?
                      Nope, not at all. I believe that even if the Pokémon is fainted, it doesn't matter.
                      __________________
                        #3269    
                      Old September 25th, 2011 (9:16 PM).
                      Jeikobu's Avatar
                      Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
                      God's beloved child
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2003
                        Location: In God's timing, Japan!
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 474
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

                        It's five whistle blasts, I can't tell you how long it is between whistle blasts though. And no, battles don't run down the timer.
                        Thanks!

                        What's the difference between Assurance (ダメおし) and Payback (しっぺがえし)? Looking at Bulbapedia, it seems they both involve doubling the damage if the user is hit in the same turn. I was thinking about using this move, but first I need to know I can make use of its doubling power effect regularly.

                        Also, I'm not understanding how "Physical" and "Special" types of moves affect a Pokemon's move power. What I mean is, I always thought Psychic moves, for example, were always only based on the user's Special Attack stat, and that Attack had no relation to those moves. However, if it's a Physical move, wouldn't that mean it'd apply to the Attack stat instead of to the Special Attack stat even though the type of move is Psychic? I found out not long ago how Dragon moves depend on whether it's Physical or Special, but now I'm wondering if all moves are that way.
                        __________________
                        "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


                        Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

                        Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
                          #3270    
                        Old September 25th, 2011 (9:26 PM).
                        Forever's Avatar
                        Forever Forever is offline
                        Merry Scragmas!
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2005
                        Location: Queensland
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 35,738
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
                        Also, I'm not understanding how "Physical" and "Special" types of moves affect a Pokemon's move power. What I mean is, I always thought Psychic moves, for example, were always only based on the user's Special Attack stat, and that Attack had no relation to those moves. However, if it's a Physical move, wouldn't that mean it'd apply to the Attack stat instead of to the Special Attack stat even though the type of move is Psychic? I found out not long ago how Dragon moves depend on whether it's Physical or Special, but now I'm wondering if all moves are that way.
                        Only going to reply to the second part, sorry.

                        Well, prior to generation 4, all psychic attacks were special, but not it relies specifically on the attack itself. So if you were to use Zen Headbutt, a physical psychic attack, the power would come from its attack stat, rather than its special attack stat, while if you used Psyshock, while it is special in nature, it actually uses the opponent's defense stat to determine the power, which is an advantage if they're fighting a special attacker, which usually invests in special defense and therefore an attack attacking their defense would be stronger, if that makes sense. In other words, yes it based upon the attack entirely and not the type.
                        __________________


                        Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
                        You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
                        A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

                          #3271    
                        Old September 26th, 2011 (12:20 AM).
                        Xebelleon's Avatar
                        Xebelleon Xebelleon is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2008
                          Location: Canada
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 1,545
                          Healer ability has a 30% to work.
                          Any other abilities with a 30% success (other than Serene Grace) so I can know how lame Healer is, versus thinking it lame?
                          __________________
                          -- --
                          Pokemon Casual
                            #3272    
                          Old September 26th, 2011 (12:35 AM).
                          vaporeon7's Avatar
                          vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                          My life would suck without you
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 5,154
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
                          Thanks!

                          What's the difference between Assurance (ダメおし) and Payback (しっぺがえし)? Looking at Bulbapedia, it seems they both involve doubling the damage if the user is hit in the same turn. I was thinking about using this move, but first I need to know I can make use of its doubling power effect regularly.
                          I'll answer the first bit then.

                          Assurance will do double damage if the target of the move has already been damaged that turn. This commonly happens in double battles, where your other Pokemon may hit the opponents and then you use Assurance on the same Pokemon to get the boost. Payback does double damage if you attack after the opponent.
                          __________________
                            #3273    
                          Old September 26th, 2011 (7:20 AM).
                          Charicific's Avatar
                          Charicific Charicific is offline
                          PkMn Trainer
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2011
                            Location: None of Your Business
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 505
                            Hey, I just wanted to ask those people who knows about the Pokerus.
                            In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking
                              #3274    
                            Old September 26th, 2011 (7:35 AM).
                            Oryx's Avatar
                            Oryx Oryx is offline
                            CoquettishCat
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2011
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Female
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 13,204
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
                            Hey, I just wanted to ask those people who knows about the Pokerus.
                            In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking :nervous:
                            Nope. You'll just have to hope!
                            __________________


                            Theme * Pair * VM * PM

                            Not all men...

                            Are all men stupid?

                            That's right.

                              #3275    
                            Old September 26th, 2011 (7:35 AM).
                            PlatinumDude's Avatar
                            PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is online now
                            Nyeh?
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                            Location: Canada
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 12,912
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
                            Hey, I just wanted to ask those people who knows about the Pokerus.
                            In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking
                            Unfortunately, there's no way on knowing if a wild Pokemon has Pokerus or not during battle. The only way to determine if it has Pokerus is to catch the Pokemon or defeat it in battle.
                            __________________

                            Closed Thread

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:48 PM.