• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Black Infection [OOC/SU]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
So, er... could we... structure these battles a little bit? As they are now they're very difficult for me to follow and I'm no longer sure what my characters are supposed to be reacting to and who/what I may be expected to control.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
From my understanding, Naren just stole something from one peon. She's about to fight that peon.Scott is a right there, facing a different peon himself. That's my understanding of this so far.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I hate being busy. Anyway, Nideous is right. Naren just attacked a peon and they're about to throw down, pardon my weird wording. Scott's facing another, and there's at least two more in the area, though, once I can actually post *glowers at work mountain* one will be fleeing like the cowardly little jerk he is. That leaves one. Does that help?

Dawn

Years
Well, Meowth got in the way of a Croconaw that I believe Fuyu was controlling prior and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take control of it now or what and so yeah, knowing how many peons helps. |3

I was also kind of confused by the lack of any sort of acknowledgement of Elizabeth trying to protect Naren. Made me question whether we were all in sync.

Fuyu

Years
Naren is currently too ticked off to be fully aware of her surroundings right now. *nods* She gets tunnel vision. When they're gone, she is going to jump on Elizabeth to check her well-being. Trust me. I saw it. :D

And the Croconaw is all yours if you'd like.

Dawn

Years
I-I suppose so. Alright. *Takes a deep breath* The Croconaw thing was the main thing murdering my ability to post. Lemme go do that. xD

Dawn

Years
Step 1: Make 90% of a medium-long length post
Step 2: Press backspace to correct a typo you just made.
Step 3: Watch as browser herps it's derp and goes back a page.
Step 4: Attempt to go forward a page to get your text back.
Step 5: Recieve "token has expired" message.

RAGE! D<

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
I'd like to reserve a spot as a Cypher trainer if you guys are still accepting. Always wanted to play an ass-hole trainer :D

Fuyu

Years
Nitrate's reserved! :D I think you'll enjoy the position then. XD

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
Okay, here goes.

Name: Celestine Hinari / Lauren Yamate (explanation below)
Home town: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Ordinary or Cipher Trainer: Cipher Associate

Appearance:
Celestine has shoulder-long pitch black hair with several spots of white in it, that's she often tied into a tail that flops around when she walks. She stands at a respectable 5'6" tall and you know you shouldn't ask a girl about her weight. (hint: she's about 100 lbs). Because of her sun-covered home town, her skin has a fair shade of brown.
She likes to wear a pair of baggy jeans with a rainbow's display of stains on it with matching shirt and sneakers that are also deeply stained If asked, she doesn't seem concerned with it at all. All part of the outfit, she claims. She's always seen carrying a sketchbook around, has a pencil stuck behind her ear or has paint brushes sticking out of her dark blue shoulder-purse.
Celestine doesn't use any make-up, ever. If others think she's beautiful, it's all natural

-------

Lauren's hair, in comparison to Celestine, is a lot more towards brown in coloring and neatly combed and twisted into a bun. When donning the guise of Lauren, she becomes a lot more concerned and conscience of her appearance. While Celestine dresses in baggy clothes, Lauren prefers suits and dresses above everything else as long as they are either blue or green in color. She still wears the same shoulder-purse that Celestine uses, only now filled with several calenders, pens and everything a busy businesswoman needs.

Personality: Celestine cares about only two things. Herself and Plume, her partner. The rest of the world around her, as long as it doesn't relate to her, she couldn't care less about it. She's not one to celebrate anything, she gets the job done and asks as little questions as needed.
She's not necessarily anti-social, but a very introvert person with a high probability of trust issues. This, coupled with her partner Plume's protective nature, makes for a sometimes volatile combination when it comes to dealing with other people.

When the two of them are alone, Celestine becomes a lot more comfortable, spending her time performing her skill or studying Pokemon moves, strategies and counters. She's a really smart person, when and if she lets you see that.

History: Born in the village of seductive scents, Floaroma Town, and to parents that were both budding artists in their own right, Celestine was introduced to the fine arts of painting and sketching at a very early age. Even as a young child, she loved to spend her time drawing flowers and trees when she was not at school. Her parents noticed the girl's uncanny knack of nearly photographic memory during painting, they gave her a young Smeargle as a gift for Celestine's 9th birthday.
Over the years, Celestine and her Smeargle who she'd named Plume bonded until they became nearly inseparable. Plume would accompany Celestine to school, after-school arts class, the two even slept together.

The turn-around in Celestine's life came when she had just finished school and she and Plume one day stumbled upon an improvised art auction. The many years of practicing arts came into effect as she nearly immediately saw the painting on sale was a complete fake. But instead of turning the auctioneer in, she decided to stay and watch. Surely someone else realized it was fake? To her astonishment and intrigue the forgery sold for over 7000 Poké.
The dream of barrels of money started to pop into the girl's head as she knew both she and Plume could make paintings that were much better fakes. For Plume, it didn't matter that her Trainer's idea was highly illegal, she just wanted to make Celestine happy.

Taking on the name of Lauren Yamate and moving to nearly Jubilife City, Celestine started her adventure as a con artist while also securing her anonymity and protecting her parents from implication in the process. Lauren's paintings were an immediate hit on the black market, quickly drawing the attention of several art collectors, both legitimate and private collectors.
To keep her identity safe, Celestine would dress up in complete opposite clothing when she was playing the role of Lauren, being as less like her own self as possible.

Celestine managed to keep her scheme going for nearly 4 years, funneling small amounts of money to her parents as a cover-up while keeping the lionshare for herself. But during an underground auction, the police busted in and Celestine was arrested on the spot for forgery and whitewashing money.
Two days after her arrest, Celestine was begrudgingly released by Officer Jenny. Her bail was payed by some mysterious man who also left her a message.

Greetings.

I have been watching your works for some time, and your talent is remarkable. That is why I am personally hiring you as a way for you to repay your debt to me.
Enclosed is one ticket for the boat from Canalave to Goldenrod City. When you arrive, you will receive new orders.

Cipher inc.

Since Celestine now had a criminal record in Sinnoh, there was little doubt in her mind to take the writer up on his or her offer.

Other Personal Details: Since Celestine is not officially aligned with Cipher, she doesn't wear any visible representation to her contracter. She does however wear two armbands around both of her biceps with the logo of Cipher printed on it, but for a majority of the time, those are hidden by her shirt.
When not working for Cipher or painting up forgeries together with Plume, Celestine loves to read up on Pokemon in general, to increase Plume's fighting potential.

Starter Profile

Species: Smeargle
Name: Plume
Infected: Not infected
History: Plume was given to Celestine as a gift from her parents when they discovered that their daughter had a big talent for painting. Since Smeargle are the only Pokemon known to be able to paint, they thought it'd be a perfect match.
Plume has stuck with Celestine ever since they met, even in their dark days.
Personality: Plume is very protective of Celestine, often very willing to take punches for her Trainer. The mix of the two personalities of Trainer and Pokemon has caused some violent fights over the years, though they nowadays usually settle it with a Paint-Off match.
When Plume is alone with Celestine, she loves to paint and practice some custom made moves the two of them thought up. Plume is always on the look for new resources to use as paint.
Moves: Sketch, HypnoPaint (unofficial and experimental move)
Other: Influenced by Celestine's knowledge over Pokemon, Plume can copy the moves of any Pokemon she fights as the Pokemon is released, not just when getting hit by it's attacks. This only covers normal level-learned moves, not Egg skills or TM's

Hope you guys like it.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
As long as Hypnopaint does not godmod you are accepted Nitrate. ^^

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
Don't worry, I made HypnoPaint to give Smeargle some more flexibility. It will function exactly the same as Hypnosis, in it being a sleep status inducing move.

I have more then enough RP experience under my belt to avoid godmodding :)

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
Made a small edit to Plume's special ability and Celestine's story to give myself some more room for flexibility.

"Due to Celestine's extensive knowledge of Pokemon, Plume can copy any move of a Pokemon she fights the moment the Pokemon is called out. This only covers level-appropriate moves, not Egg skills and TM's"

Dawn

Years
Y'know what's kind of weird? In the pokedexs, a pokemon's listed height assumes that they're standing straight up at full possible height. Whereas, in the Gen 3 games, their height on the graphical representation is sometimes /not standing up straight/ (Dratini and dragonair are a perfect example), not their full height. It makes it really confusing to tell the height of some pokemon. >3>

Yet, considering the height of the sprites changes from game to game (and the height in the dex does not) I'm prone to assuming that they list it the logical way, with the pokemon standing up straight and that the 3rd gen games graphical representation just isn't perfect.

Fuyu

Years
That is really weird. XD The pokedex confuses me on a good day honestly.

Back