Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

TrollandToad.com

Old September 19th, 2011 (1:48 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2011 by Cycle.

Nature: Jolly
    [SIZE="7"][CENTER][SIZE="1"][B]<

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 14th, 2011 (5:43 PM).
    "The only Trollzama."

Just saying, finally someone that plays LC here. ^-^ (Or i'm completely wrong, and everyone here does some sort of LC.)

There is a huge Grass Weakness (Staryu, Diglett, and Frillish) to your team like Tangela, Scarfed Bulbasaur, and Mixed Snover. Magnemite's Hidden Power Fire isn't going to do that much to these threats. Something in consideration would be this:

Duskull (F) @ Eviolite
      Trait: Levitate
      EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 36 Def / 40 SpA / 120 SpD
      Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
      -Shadow Sneak
      -Ice Beam / Icy Wind
      -Pain Split
      -Will-O-Wisp

This is a set that can either be your Support or Tank. Works both ways. I would replace Frillish because of this statement.
      Quote:
      The most shaky pokemon on my team, Frillish. I feel like Frillish is redundant alongside Starmie, as both function as bulky water types.
      Duskull also takes down your main threats. You can switch in when Scraggy tries to Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick you and screw him with Will-O-Wisp. Drilbur will also be taken care of when Duskull Ice Beams while it SD's. You need an Ice Move also take care of your Grass Weakness.
      Old October 18th, 2011 (10:14 AM).
      what
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KinokiGaming View Post
      There is a huge Grass Weakness (Staryu, Diglett, and Frillish) to your team like Tangela, Scarfed Bulbasaur, and Mixed Snover. Magnemite's Hidden Power Fire isn't going to do that much to these threats. Something in consideration would be this:
      Tangela is banned.

And hey I'm not the only LC player here.
      ...Except I'm probably the only Wi-Fi LC player here.
      Old October 18th, 2011 (10:59 AM). Edited October 18th, 2011 by Dale.
      Captain Ressentiment

Nature: Calm
        Go for a Donphan if you want a good ground type, or Flygon (although I don't know if these are allowed or not).

EDIT: Realised what LC stood for. Go for Phanpy and Vibrava, Phanpy is quite tanky, while Vibrava has plenty of advantages, such as plenty of different types of attacks (Flying, Ground, Rock, Fire?, Dragon?). Seems like an alright team (and it seems you got the Mienfoo 'build' from Smogon, so that should be good) though.
        Old October 18th, 2011 (12:58 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dale View Post
          Go for a Donphan if you want a good ground type, or Flygon (although I don't know if these are allowed or not).

EDIT: Realised what LC stood for. Go for Phanpy and Vibrava, Phanpy is quite tanky, while Vibrava has plenty of advantages, such as plenty of different types of attacks (Flying, Ground, Rock, Fire?, Dragon?). Seems like an alright team (and it seems you got the Mienfoo 'build' from Smogon, so that should be good) though.
          Vibrava is umm, a mid evolution aka its not allowed in lc lol

Phanphy, while a good pokemon, doesn't achieve the same goal I want to achieve the same goal I want with Diglett and frankly just doesn't fit well. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Kinoko, I've found that Duskull just doesn't work and that Bronzor works better, which I've been using to more success. Thanks for the suggestions and pointing out my grass weakness, I really appreciate it.

Anyways, I made a ton of changes since I last posted so I'll update shortly.

Quick Reply