• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell was a bit creeped out when Leena stuck her tounge at him, but he couldn't let such a stupid reason throw him off vis feet.

"Wilson, use Ice Shard!" Maxwell shouted. He smiled, now he had a chance to turn the tables around.
"Swi, swi!"[You got it Max!] Wilson said. With surprising speed he inhaled some of the air around him.Suddenly the air in front of Wilson turned frosty as he shot out three sharp pieces of ice with rapid speed. Since the attack was a priority move, it was much faster then Leena's Confuse Ray. The Ice Shards moved at such speed that they just cut right through the eerie light and headed straight towards the Misdreavus's forehead.

"Yes, we've got this!" Maxwell exclaimed inside his head, even though he knew that he shouldn't celebrate just yet. But he couldn't help it, he hadn't had a decent battle for a long time and battling Bri was really fun and exciting!

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Leena was laughing... At least until she got hit by the Ice Shard. She dipped a little bit and shook herself off. That had hurt.

"Leena! Are you-" Bri said urgently, but Leena cut him off.

"I'm fine! I think I'm good..." she said uncertainly. Despite her claims, she was not fine. She was a strong attacker, but her defenses were a bit lacking... Still, she's not going down that easily.

"Ok then! Use Psywave!" Bri said, totally taken in by her facade. If she said she was fine, then who was he to question her?Leena grinned and floated back up to her usual spot and another wave of psychic power radiated from her.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
((OOC: I was at work all day, finally posting!))

Nicodemus Grey

Nick blinked as the Porygon's pigment changed radically, shifting from red and blue to different shades of gray. He quickly recovered though, mind sifting through the event as quickly as he could.

Porygon. Porygon's signature move is Conversion. That changes it to the type of the previous Pokémon, but this isn't just a Porygon…it's a Porygon2. So it must have some sort of move to change its type to something resisting the previous attack. Another sort of Conversion?

Funnily enough, the Porygon2's trainer was just as confused. Mark started talking to it, apparently baffled by the type change and what it might mean in regards to his Pokémon's evolution.

"Well played," said Nicodemus, pretending not to have noticed Mark's confusion. "The steel type is easily the best type defensively. And on the surface, it would definitely seem to put you at an advantage, since Flying and even Ghost type attacks are now less effective against your Porygon…"

Nick might have asked Rotom to use a Thunderbolt, knowing that his Pokémon would get an attacking bonus, hence making it by far and away more powerful than what he was going to use instead. But this battle wasn't just about the fight. It was also about teaching.

"Just one problem," Nick said, and snapped both fingers again. Rotom's substitute suddenly peeled like a banana until it was splayed across the ground. Rotom took a bit of artistic ability with the unveiling in that sense, but it wouldn't affect what was about to happen anyways.

"Steel has a weaknesses, too."

Rotom faded into existence less than a foot behind Porygon, eyes starting to glow an eerie maroon. Before it had even started fading though, Nick had shouted a command.

"Rotom, use Hidden Power!"

The maroon fully encompassed Rotom and was focused directly ahead at Porygon, intense but not so violent that it would hurt the guy any more than Nick thought necessary – a move of kindness on Rotom's part, he supposed.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Fine then." Maxwell said. He say the Psywave coming towards Wilson. "I know Psywave varies in strenght, so if I'm lucky' this won't hurt Wilson too much."
"Okay!" he exclaimed, "Stand there and take it Wilson!"
"Nub!"[You got it Max!] Wilson said. So he just stood there awaiting the Psywave.

Then it made contact with him. The eerie psychic powers hurt, but Wilson didn't mind it. It was a minor attack, so he could take it.

"Great! Now use Avalanche!" Maxwell shouted.
Upon his trainer's command, Wilson started glowing in a frosty, cyan light. Then he shook his fur so violently, that snowflakes started to form around him. The snowflakes grew and grew until they became like small ice-boulders. But suddenly something else happend, a purple colour wade its way out of Wilson and into the ice-boulders. It was the damage of the Psywave being absorbed by Wilson's move, the Ice-boulders grew to maximum size.

"Swwii!"[Here you go!] Wilson lunged the boulders towards Leena.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Leena emited a little 'eep' an dfloated down to the floor, intent on hiding from the attack. However, she didn't move fast enough, and one of the icy boulders hit her as she faded into the ground. Bri couldn't see any of this, however, so he thought Leena had gotten hit bad.

"Leena!" Bri said, fumbling for her ultra ball. After a few minutes, Leena poked her head up and looked around. Bri gave a large sigh of relief. Leena was in bad shape, Bri could tell. Bri thought a moment. He needed to do something fast. Hm... He still had no idea what Spite did. Maybe it would only work while Leena was weakened? That was Bri's thought, but he had no idea. Well, he had to do something, as her other attacks wouldn't cut it right now.

"Leena! Use Spite again!" Bri caqlled out. Leena shook her head no. Bri was moderately puzzled. She didn't listen, instead firing a bright yellow Confuse Ray at Wilson.

"Leena?" Bri asked, a little confused.

"I know what I'm doing! Spite won't slow him down that much, but maybe if he gets confused it will be easier to win!" Leena called out tiredly to Bri. Bri stopped and thought. Well, that sounded good, but Bri was a little disappointed that she didn't listen. Well, he wasn't exactly known for his great stratigies. Leena had clearly picked up on that too.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Trying Confuse Ray are we?" Maxwell smiled "Well how about we give 'em a little surprise, eh Wilson?"
"Swi!"[Of course!] Wilson said.
"Well then, use Roar on the Confuse Ray!" Maxwell ordered Wilson.
Wilson puckered up, he inhaled a lot of air and then he let out a fierce scream.

The soundwaves traveled towards the cluster of light heading for Wilson,
"I do hope this works." Maxwell thought worridly, he knew that Roar was used to force a pokemon into switching out, but to dissolve a Confuse Ray? Well he just had too see what happend.

Unfortunalely the Roar just went through the Confuse Ray and continued away from the battlefield. "Crap." Maxwell thought. This was not going as planned. The Confuse Ray made contact with Wilson, he started to wobble and almost fell over, he had been confused.

"Ok," Maxwell said, he wasn't too sure what to do now. "Wilson, use Ice Shard!" he exclaimed.
"What did he say?" Wilson thought. He felt like his head had been taken off and screwed back on backwards. "Was it Roar? No. Was it Avalanche? Maybe?...", "Ok, lets go for Avalanche!" he thought. But when he tried to fire off the attack, he felt a desire to ram his head into the ground. So he did just that.

"Wilson, what are you doing?!" Maxwell shouted. "It must be due to the confusion." he thought. But now, Wilson was perfectly open to an attack.

Nideous

Years
Brian

The Roar startled Bri terribly. He let out his own cry, one of fear, and nearly tripped over Drizzle. He could hear the other students laughing at his reaction, and felt himself flush red. Leena was also was scared, as she let out a little 'eep' and floated back to Bri, slightly panicked. Bri forgot his emberrassment and reached out uncertainly to comfort her. Drizzle stretched out and took her place. But by the time Wilson stopped banging his head into the ground, Leena had calmed down.

"Hey! No fair Drizzle! I want to fight again!" Leena said angrily. Drizzle, who hadn't launched a single attack yet, shrugged and walked back to Bri. Leena floated slowly onto the battlfield again. Bri was confused by this, but said nothing. Should he call out a move? Last time Leena had ignored him... But, she seemed to be waiting for him to say something.

"Er... Um... Leena, use Astonish again," Bri said. Leena grinned wickedly, though it was more like a grimace, and made a funny face at Wilson, her ghostly energy attacking him as she did so. This was the weirdest battle Bri had ever been in, bar none.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason

The girl placed her hands on her hip and stared at Jason. He knew that wasn't a good sign, but if it did get violent he would be ready, with his Electrike of course.

She walked in closer towards Jason, 'Crap here it comes'.

Suddenly Valorie showed up, her face looked a mess, but was easily forgiven to what Jason had thought the girl had done.

"Jason..! Hey... This is Selene... She's my best friend, and I owe her an apology..."

Valorie than turned to Selene. Leaving Jason to figure things out.

"Wait your apo... Wait so she's... And she didn't...Crap" stuttered Jason.

Jason froze as his turned towards Selene, who thankfully was looking at Valorie.

"There's...nothing to pardon...if you are willing to excuse my behaviour too?"
Selene said slowly.

A classic studio audience 'ahhhhhhhhhhh' was going through his head as those too forgave eachother for something he had no idea about.

'Damn, i almost caused a scene for nothing' Jason thought. Jason didn't want to interupt this touching moment between them yet he felt it would be best to apologize himself now to Selene for the accusation he had announced.

"I am very sorry to interupt this moment, but i need apologize to you Selene for accusing you of hurting Valorie, i jumped to a conclusion before i saw the whole events that too place." Jason apolgized with his gentleman's voice.

"Please forgive me" he bowed with a hand on his chest.

Ralts

Ralts watched as his trainer left him to go after another.

He sat in the middle of the battlefield with tears developing.

'I didn't know, i was trying to win, for us, for him...' Ralts though to himself.

'He didn't need to shout and raise his voice'

Tears ran down his cheeks, 'What am i doing crying over this, it's his fault, it's always his fault'.

Ralts tears were becoming a steady flow of water.

'I don't need him, i never did, he and that stupid Electrike have always kept me back, i could be so much better without them'

He got up and waved his fists shouting "I don't need you, Jason!".

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Hidden Power? Mark didn't know about that move... but when Commodore was hit by the attack it sure hurt like hell. A super effective hit at that. Whatever type attack that was broke through Commodore's defensive steel typing. Seemed Rotom had several typing's covered. Commodore could change into something that resists fighting but one of Rotom's other attacks would just hit him with a super effective move then...

"Good move... Comon Commodore, remember its a learning experience. Recover!" Mark said. Commodore managed to recover from some of his wounds but he still felt a bit hurt from the last attack. Hidden power sounded like quite a nice move... he'd have to bug Mark to get a TM of the move sometime when he had the money.

"Hidden power is a fighting type move? I figured it was something else last time I saw it... well played." Commodore spoke to the Rotom.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell was a little surprised when Bri let off a small scream, but he didn't mind. He saw some other students laughing at Brian whe he nearly tripped over his Buizel. Maxwell looked at the other students, he knew exactly how Brian felt, he had been in the same boat too.
"Hey shut up!" Maxwell shouted at them "Leave him alone!"

Ok, Wilson had stopped hitting his head, but he still seemed kinda confused.
"Wilson, pull yourself together man!" Maxwell said to his Swinub.
"?", Wilson looked arond, what had happend? Did they win the battle? No, he still saw Leena floating around at the other end of the battlefield so they were still battling. But what had happend to him? Wilson's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Maxwell's voice,
"Wilson use Ice Shard!" he shouted. Wilson could hear his trainer's voice perfectly fine now. So with a smile of confidece, he inhaled some air and then blew it out in the form of three razor-sharp pieces of ice. They cut through the air at lightning-speed.

There was no way Leena was gonna dodge this.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Leena was smacked by the Ice Shards as she tried to disappear into the floor, which seemed to be her main method of dodging. She was knocked out, and just kind of floating there a few feet off the ground with a vacant look on her face. Bri returned her and Drizzle got up and walked into the battlefield.

"You up for this? You ust got done battling three pokemon!" Bri said worriedly. Drizzle held up his paw and waggled it at Bri.

"Heh, are you kidding? I'm good! Still a bit tired, but that should make it a fair fight, considering I'm almost ten levels higher than this guy! I can deal with it!" Drizzle said, a note of fatigue already in his voice. Bri couldn't exactly complain either. Other than Drizzle, all he had left was Bouncy, and there was no way she'd be able to take on Wilson.

"Err... I guess I have no choice..." Bri said, cursing himself for not getting Nova healed while they were on the boat. He didn't know where anyone that could heal his pokemon was, and he had left his bag on the boat. So he couldn't do it himself either.

"Drizzle... Hey, wait a minute... You learned a new move! Let's give it a try. Drizzle, use Aqua Jet!" Bri said, excited that Drizzle had learned the move that Brogan's Wartortle had kept using on Frost. He knew that it was fast, and with Drizzle using it, odds were good it was even faster! Drizzle grinned and water surrounded him. He rocketed towards Wilson incredibly fast. Bri remembered watching old contest re-runs that some kid had been able to turn it into an Ice Aqua Jet, and while that would be very cool, he doubted he could do the same.

(OOC: Yes, I did just reference Ash. XD)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
N smiled to the group now. It was nice to see friends acting this way with one another. Normally he had grown up seeing this kind of thing between himself and his pokemon friends but this. . . well this was a true human friendship, much like Touko and Touya were with Bianca and Cheren.

"It's good to have friends for moments like this. You should treasure and value each and every friendship that you make within your journey," he said to Valorie and Selene, but it was really directed all 4 trainers at once.

N gave an alarmed look at the sound of Raltz yelling at Jason.

"Raltz?"

He looked at Jason to notice that Raltz wasn't on him. "Where is Raltz?"

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell watched Drizzle going up to the battlefield. He saw that the Buizel was hurt, but Maxwell knew that he was still going to be a though cookie to break.

"Are you ready Wilson?" he asked.
Wilson was almost gasping for air, he was very exhausted and knew that he almost didn't have any strenght left to fight. "Swiii..."[I'll try...] he replied.

But then, Drizzle used Aqua Jet. Maxwell saw how the Buizel advanced towards Wilson, he wouldn't have time to command Wilson to dodge and he wasn't sure if his Swinub could take the hit.

BAM!!!
Drizzle's attack made contact with Wilson and sent him flying upwards, then an idea formed in Maxwell's head.
"Wilson, use Earthquake!" he shouted.
Normally Wilson's weight wouldn't provide such a powerful Earthquake, but with him accelerating towards the ground it would help him create a bigger force.

"Nub."[Gotcha'.] Wilson said. Even though the Aqua Jet hurt like hell he wasn't willing to give up.

After a short while he slammed into the ground, causing it to shake like crazy (Maxwell actually got pretty overwhelmed by the attack's power) and making huge cracks to open up along the battlefield. The biggest one was now heading straight towards Drizzle.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Drizzle was slammed into by the Earthquake and hit the gorund. He struggled to his paws, and gave a tired groan.

"I can't take much more..." Drizzle panted. He pushed himself back into a fighting position. Bri looked at him with concern. Drizzle was pushing himself beyond his limits. He shouldn't even be standing. He should be taking a long overdue, well deserved rest. But Bri needed him. He looked at the ground.

"I... I don't know what to do..." Bri muttered queitly. Drizzle peered back at him and smiled winningly. He grunted tiredly, but he wasn't going to give up. He wanted to win.

"I do! Let's finish this guy off and go find a quiet place where no one will try to battle us, ok?" Drizzle said. Bri looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me. Drizzle, use Aqua Jet one more time!" Bri said. Drizzle was back in gear instantly. He created more water around him and leapt into the air, soaring right for Wilson again.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Swi, *huff*, nub..."[Wow, you, *huff*, can really take hits man...] Wilson said to Drizzle. As he saw the Aqua Jet coming for him, he knew he wasn't going to make it. But he decided to hang in there a little longer, for Maxwell's sake.

"Okay Wilson," Maxwell said, "Try Ice Shard!".
Wilson opend his mouth, now Drizzle was almost right in front of him. He inhaled and blew out three pieces of ice just like before, the pieces headed straight towards Drizzle who now came closer and closer to his target.

Upon the impact of the Ice Shards, Drizzle rammed right into Wilson, causing an explosion that whipped up a small sandstorm who enveloped the two pokemon in a cloud of dirt, dust and sand.

"Damn, I do hope that Wilson is okay..." Maxwell thougt, he was worried for his Swinub, maybe he pushed him a little too far? But Wilson did keep going, was this just because Maxwell wanted to win so badly? Man did he feel like a real jerk right now. He didn't want Wilson to suffer any serious damage.

The cloud lifted partially and revealed Wilson, he was lying unconsious on the ground. Maxwell ran up to him, "Wilson, Wilson! Are you okay? Please be okay." he picked him up, took out his pokeball and returned Wilson to it.
"..." Maxwell was quiet for a short while.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Bri's eyes widened when he saw the Ice Shards. Drizzle didn't even try to dodge. He knew he wouldn't be able to. He flew right through them and slammed into Wilson. It hurt, it really did. After the dust cleared, Drizzle was on all fours. He looked up as Max came over and returned Wilson and smiled smugly as he lay his own head down.

"Good night," he murmered as he fainted as well. Bri stood still a moment. What had just happened? Drizzle had fainted. That's what. He should not have pushed his pokemon that hard. Bri wordlessly returned him.

"Um..." Bri began, but Bouncy popped out of her pokeball and scowled at him.

"Bouncy want play! Play!" Bouncy cried indignantly. Bri looked down at her as she frowned up at him. Wait, she wanted to battle? That was insane! She was only a baby! But she did. She must have been tired of just hanging out in the pokeball, not that Bri could blame her.

"Bouncy..." Bri began. But Bouncy had other plans.

"No! Want play now!" she said angrily, puffing herself up a little bit. She began bouncing around Bri, calling out for playing. She was serious it would seem.

chef30

Great Scott!!!
Years
Hailey saw a girl get scared by a ghost pokemon and run off. Hailey felt sorry for her. Sparks was expecting Hailey to say awful things, but Hailey took off after the girl. Hailey didn't know why she would do this, but she just had an urge to. Hailey realized why. Hailey had always been humilliated by everyone she met. Hailey was used to the feeling, but that didn't mean she was oblivious to it. It still hurt. Hailey then remembered the first time she got humilliated. When she was in pre-school. A chill ran down Hailey's spine. That first humilliation feeling really hurt. Hailey finally found the girl. She was with other people.

"Hey, you okay? Sorry 'bout what happened back there." Hailey said as she sat beside the girl.

Hailey had never said those words to anyone except Sparks before. The feeling was weird... But Hailey started to like it. For now. Hailey had never acted like this before. Her nice side was showing. But it was because of when Hailey's nice side would show in the past, someone or something was always there to stop it.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Geneviève blushed a bit as the boy Sam shook her hand before he walked off and she wiped her tears away having called Sapphire back into her Pokeball. "You did a great job Sapphire no more battles for now" she thought looking around at the other students battles. The one that caught her attention was the boy battling with a Buizel against another boy with a Swinub. Smiling a little she made her way over to them just as both Pokemon fainted. She sighed a bit but still stayed a small smile on her face as she watched the baby Igglybuff jumping up and down around it's trainer obviously wanting to battle. The sight warmed her heart in a way seeing the small cute Pokemon and she pulled a revive out of her bag healing Sapphire as she watched to see what would happen next.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ciel saw someone else and flinched a bit, letting Chika fly around him. The Togetic was cooing merrily, oblivious. Her trainer was so silly. It was just humans... well then again... eh she had no clue what she was thinking about. She went back to watching Skye's battle.

Pala bounced back on her paws again, giggling. "Win! Pala is gonna win!" She was rolling around on the carpet, dodging a Dual Chop as her body glowed white. The Axew fired a Dragon Pulse, causing her to squeal in pain and hit her human's leg. She shook her head dizzily. "Win..." she repeated wearily.

The boy snorted. "Give up kid. No way your little bear is gonna beat my Axew! Slash!" The small dragon leapt to slash the baby's nose and succeeded in getting her face, causing her to begin to cry. Skye started, looking concerned. Maybe he shouldn't have let her play... or use Bide... Oh this wouldn't end well. The other male just kept laughing, looking amused. "Poor baby! You abusive jerk."

Unfortunately Pala heard that. Her black eyes snapped open and she looked visibly upset as she got to her back paws. She looked up at the opponent with something resembling a glare. "No!" she shouted, glaring at the human. "Skye not bad! My human, my friend! You wrong! You are mean!" She stomped her feet, the white light glowing brighter." You are a bully! A big bully! YOU ARE A MEANIE!" The white light temporarily blinded the room as she shouted. Rama yelped and swore, falling off the bench.

When the light faded, Axew was almost unconscious but still standing. Pala panted, on all fours. She heard Bouncy and waddled over to her. "Stoppit," she said to the baby. "Noisy. Play is fun with apples. No apples..." She turned away and was about to go back to the field when something shot her out of the air. Pala rolled to Skye's feet, out cold. The Axew was grinning weakly as it stood up, the boy smug at finally getting a victory.

"Hah you little freak," he spat. "Congrats, you're going to lose to your own dormmate."

"Duh-houbt it," Skye said softly, picking up Pala and pulling out another Pokemon. "Guh-ho on Rei." He released his new Lapras, who crooned softly at him in greeting before looking down at the Axew.

The other boy laughed. "Why the hell aren't you in Raikou? Your Lapras is a sitting duck!"

"Sheh-he duh-doesn't neh-need to muh-hove to beh-beat you," Skye replied gently. "Suh-hing." Rei opened her mouth and released a soothing, gentle melody for the room at large. Skye covered his ears, managing to hear Rama fall off the bench again, having fallen asleep. CHika fell to the floor by Ciel's feet while the boy looked on, obviously too anxious to pass out. The other boy was scowling sleepily.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

Dante gave a slight smile back at Valorie and moved to the side. He then saw Valorie get up and go over to Selene that was defending her and watched Valorie apologize. Dante had a sigh of relief from when he saw the group.

"Hi, my names Dante Redson", Dante said introducing himself to Selene. "I just got accepted to the academy. Oh, and the man with green hair is N Harmonia. He is an intern at the academy."

So Dante's mind started to wonder, from thinking to what will happen next at the expo from to what will catch next when he will go to the academy island. Then, he notice from N that Jason was at their location without Ralts.

"Hey Jason, I'm going to send my Rufflet to get Ralts for you, kay", Dante said to Jason. "Okay Rufflet, go find and get Jason's Ralts."

"Ruff, Ruff", Rufflet cried, obeying his master and flew off to find Ralts.

Back