The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Tutorial Nintendo DS Music Hacking [LOOPING INCLUDED, FULLY EXPLAINED]

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old September 30th, 2011 (11:22 AM).
Incineroar's Avatar
Incineroar Incineroar is offline
the spirit of the fighter
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • Developer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iki Town
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 13,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by froozenbond View Post
hello Team Fail...
I was searching how to make this for long time and finally I found it...
I was reading the instructions but I can´t understand how do you make the loop in Fl Studio...
please, can you make a video explaining how we make the loop, please...

sorry if I misspelled, my english is not very good...

thanks for the tutorial :D
Yup. But you don't use FL Studio to insert the loop. You use Anvil Studio.
__________________
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #52    
Old October 11th, 2011 (10:10 AM).
Epic-Latios-Fan's Avatar
Epic-Latios-Fan Epic-Latios-Fan is offline
I'm a thread bumper!
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: In a house.
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 54
    Um, theres a problem with CrystalTile2...

    Like, when I download and opened it, my anti-virus software thinks it's a virus or something like that... Have you checked on it recently?
    Reply With Quote
      #53    
    Old October 11th, 2011 (10:15 AM).
    Incineroar's Avatar
    Incineroar Incineroar is offline
    the spirit of the fighter
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • Developer
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Iki Town
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 13,344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Epic-Latios-Fan View Post
    Um, theres a problem with CrystalTile2...

    Like, when I download and opened it, my anti-virus software thinks it's a virus or something like that... Have you checked on it recently?
    There is nothing wrong with it. It might be a false positive. What is your anti-virus? I made the .zip files so there isn't any viruses in it.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #54    
    Old October 11th, 2011 (8:45 PM).
    Epic-Latios-Fan's Avatar
    Epic-Latios-Fan Epic-Latios-Fan is offline
    I'm a thread bumper!
       
      Join Date: Sep 2011
      Location: In a house.
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 54
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
      There is nothing wrong with it. It might be a false positive. What is your anti-virus? I made the .zip files so there isn't any viruses in it.
      The anti-virus (Or firewall) software I use is Norton 360.
      Reply With Quote
        #55    
      Old October 12th, 2011 (5:03 AM).
      Incineroar's Avatar
      Incineroar Incineroar is offline
      the spirit of the fighter
      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
      • Developer
       
      Join Date: May 2009
      Location: Iki Town
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 13,344
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Epic-Latios-Fan View Post
      The anti-virus (Or firewall) software I use is Norton 360.
      I've heard of N360 giving false positives, I've had it myself. I've ensured that it is virus free, because I'd be getting a pretty big infraction here if I intentionally put one in there. If you want, search Google for another copy of CrystalTile2 and see if that one does the same thing.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #56    
      Old October 23rd, 2011 (11:38 AM).
      Oxnite's Avatar
      Oxnite Oxnite is offline
      aka Arbok
         
        Join Date: Aug 2005
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 305
        When I try to use the ''new'' midi2sseq.exe, it tells me that two .dll files are missing (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll).

        I tried searching for them, but I couldn't find any download links. Besides, I guess this shouldn't be needed at all since this tutorial doesn't mention them.

        How do I solve this problem?
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #57    
        Old October 26th, 2011 (8:03 AM).
        Incineroar's Avatar
        Incineroar Incineroar is offline
        the spirit of the fighter
        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
        • Developer
         
        Join Date: May 2009
        Location: Iki Town
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 13,344
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Oxnite View Post
        When I try to use the ''new'' midi2sseq.exe, it tells me that two .dll files are missing (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll).

        I tried searching for them, but I couldn't find any download links. Besides, I guess this shouldn't be needed at all since this tutorial doesn't mention them.

        How do I solve this problem?
        You do need them. I'll find some links for them later. When you get them, put them in the same directory as MIDI2SSEQ and try running it again.

        libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
        libstdc++-6.dll
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #58    
        Old January 20th, 2012 (10:11 PM).
        Tsukimaru's Avatar
        Tsukimaru Tsukimaru is offline
        Double battles veteran
           
          Join Date: Jun 2008
          Location: Nicaragua
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 93
          Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
          GUYS, I NEED URGENT HELP!!! i`m stucked in the part of FL exporting midi
          i did all as it say, but the file doesnt export with all the extra sound effects, it just export the original midi, and im about to rip my hair because i`ve tried everything!!! the song im trying to export is from Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow, the battle theme when you fight Dimitri (i really dont expect that all of u stand what i mean, no offense), but the point is that im getting pissed at trying plsss help meeee... T-T
          __________________

          /showthread.php?t=188702

          Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
          Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
          HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

          Check out my battles and comment please xP:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
          Reply With Quote
            #59    
          Old January 20th, 2012 (10:35 PM).
          Incineroar's Avatar
          Incineroar Incineroar is offline
          the spirit of the fighter
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • Developer
           
          Join Date: May 2009
          Location: Iki Town
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 13,344
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tsukimaru View Post
          GUYS, I NEED URGENT HELP!!! :( i`m stucked in the part of FL exporting midi :(
          i did all as it say, but the file doesnt export with all the extra sound effects, it just export the original midi, and im about to rip my hair because i`ve tried everything!!! :S the song im trying to export is from Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow, the battle theme when you fight Dimitri (i really dont expect that all of u stand what i mean, no offense), but the point is that im getting pissed at trying :( plsss help meeee... T-T
          That's what it's supposed to do. The patch numbers will match up with values in the soundbank file in the DS rom and it will sound like it did in FL Studio once you insert it.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #60    
          Old January 21st, 2012 (8:41 AM). Edited January 21st, 2012 by Tsukimaru.
          Tsukimaru's Avatar
          Tsukimaru Tsukimaru is offline
          Double battles veteran
             
            Join Date: Jun 2008
            Location: Nicaragua
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 93
            Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
            That's what it's supposed to do. The patch numbers will match up with values in the soundbank file in the DS rom and it will sound like it did in FL Studio once you insert it.
            ohhh... rly? well then, i`ll continue my project and if something goes up, i`ll letcha know. thx

            hey, new issue i did everything and inserted the file, but when i try it, no sound is displayed there was a strange message when using the sseq converter saying (tempo is too fast). d u think that it is thte problem?
            __________________

            /showthread.php?t=188702

            Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
            Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
            HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

            Check out my battles and comment please xP:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
            Reply With Quote
              #61    
            Old January 22nd, 2012 (5:34 PM).
            Renegade's Avatar
            Renegade Renegade is offline
            Time for real life...
               
              Join Date: Nov 2011
              Location: United States
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 998
              Whenever I try to download the Pack, it says "The item you are downloading is either unavailable to you or has just been deleted by the owner". Solutions? Please respond!
              Reply With Quote
                #62    
              Old January 22nd, 2012 (7:34 PM).
              Tsukimaru's Avatar
              Tsukimaru Tsukimaru is offline
              Double battles veteran
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2008
                Location: Nicaragua
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 93
                Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                Whenever I try to download the Pack, it says "The item you are downloading is either unavailable to you or has just been deleted by the owner". Solutions? Please respond!
                well, it pretty obvious that the file is no longer hosted in the download page that you`re using. try googling another site where to download it
                __________________

                /showthread.php?t=188702

                Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
                Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
                HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

                Check out my battles and comment please xP:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
                Reply With Quote
                  #63    
                Old January 23rd, 2012 (10:30 AM).
                droomph's Avatar
                droomph droomph is offline
                weeb
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2011
                Location: nowhere spectacular
                Age: 20
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Impish
                Posts: 4,291
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by HarmfulDesign View Post
                Also, could someone please how to edit the game files so that one track plays instead of another. (I want to swap the Elite Four theme with the Kanto Champoin theme) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                Okay, I'm not one to talk about these things, and no one has seemed to answer your question, but in a FileViewer (Like Tinke) you can find the main .sdat file that directs the game to all of the songs.

                Whatever. Just find the file.

                Then, you look at the box, where it lists the file information.

                Look for "offset", and in HxD (what a wonderful program) go to that offset.
                Then, using the "search" button, find the pointer-offset (reversed offset) of the file you want to edit. Remember to use the "search forward" option.

                If you want to replace, do a "search and replace" for the first file, and then do a "search and replace" for the second file.

                Now, I don't know if this works, but all the files listed seem to correspond to the ones I found after the offset...
                __________________
                did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                o i forgot 5
                uraqt


                Reply With Quote
                  #64    
                Old January 25th, 2012 (5:48 PM).
                Incineroar's Avatar
                Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                the spirit of the fighter
                • Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                • Developer
                 
                Join Date: May 2009
                Location: Iki Town
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 13,344
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tsukimaru View Post
                ohhh... rly? well then, i`ll continue my project and if something goes up, i`ll letcha know. thx ;)

                hey, new issue :S i did everything and inserted the file, but when i try it, no sound is displayed :S there was a strange message when using the sseq converter saying (tempo is too fast). d u think that it is thte problem?
                You can't just cut the MIDI from one game and paste it into another and have it work. You'll have to edit it using the DLS file from the game you plan to put it in.

                Oh and be sure to use the new version of MIDI2SSEQ if you aren't already.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                Whenever I try to download the Pack, it says "The item you are downloading is either unavailable to you or has just been deleted by the owner". Solutions? Please respond!
                I don't think I've deleted it, but I plan to make a new Hack Pack as the one that there already is, is incredibly outdated since I have written the original tutorial quite a while ago. I plan to include all the new tools and any needed files to it.

                I might get it together sometime soon, but I'm not sure when.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #65    
                Old February 9th, 2012 (9:36 PM).
                fortwaffles fortwaffles is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2008
                  Posts: 4
                  @Tsukimaru ... and everyone else I guess. SSEQ's fail to play correctly when the tempo is higher than 240. I've done a ton of stuff with the sseq format... including hacking them into the actual official cartridge.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #66    
                  Old February 9th, 2012 (9:53 PM).
                  droomph's Avatar
                  droomph droomph is offline
                  weeb
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2011
                  Location: nowhere spectacular
                  Age: 20
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Impish
                  Posts: 4,291
                  I noticed that VGMTrans exports the SSEQs to their respective General MIDI sounds. Does MIDI2SSEQ do the same, but in reverse?

                  (I'm asking because FL Studio doesn't quite work for me with MIDIs)
                  __________________
                  did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                  o i forgot 5
                  uraqt


                  Reply With Quote
                    #67    
                  Old February 10th, 2012 (9:08 AM).
                  Incineroar's Avatar
                  Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                  the spirit of the fighter
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • Developer
                   
                  Join Date: May 2009
                  Location: Iki Town
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 13,344
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by fortwaffles View Post
                  @Tsukimaru ... and everyone else I guess. SSEQ's fail to play correctly when the tempo is higher than 240. I've done a ton of stuff with the sseq format... including hacking them into the actual official cartridge.
                  How would you put them in an official cartridge?
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by droomph View Post
                  I noticed that VGMTrans exports the SSEQs to their respective General MIDI sounds. Does MIDI2SSEQ do the same, but in reverse?

                  (I'm asking because FL Studio doesn't quite work for me with MIDIs)
                  Pretty much, yes. It just takes what's there for MIDI code and converts it into the SSEQ format that the DS can understand. VGMTrans does the opposite- converting SSEQ code into MIDI code.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #68    
                  Old February 10th, 2012 (1:03 PM).
                  ipatix's Avatar
                  ipatix ipatix is offline
                  Sound Expert
                     
                    Join Date: May 2008
                    Location: Germany
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 145
                    Can somebody upload the "Hack Pack" again, the link is offline...
                    __________________
                    Visit my YouTube channel (music hacking and other stuff): http://www.youtube.com/user/theipatix
                    Reply With Quote
                      #69    
                    Old February 10th, 2012 (3:28 PM).
                    Incineroar's Avatar
                    Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                    the spirit of the fighter
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • Developer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Location: Iki Town
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 13,344
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ipatix View Post
                    Can somebody upload the "Hack Pack" again, the link is offline...
                    It's horribly, horribly outdated. I plan to make a new Hack Pack when I next update the tutorial. idk when that will be, but I plan to get around to it soon. It will clear up one thing that limits this tutorial: file size restrictions.
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #70    
                    Old February 16th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
                    TheHackster TheHackster is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Serious
                      Posts: 3
                      I'm still curious on how Markitus95 does the .mp3 hacking in his DS games. I did most of what was instructed. For example, I'm trying to insert a 1:14 long .mp3 file into a Pokémon White game. The filesize of the .swar seems to be larger than that of the previous one, by a lot (1.56 MB). Inserting that will result in either a drastically increased filesize (which causes a blackscreen) on the game, or it will delete as many .swar files as the file will need to fit the game's filesize (which mutes the song, perhaps for breaking the game's music system). I was thinking maybe compressing the .swar would work, but I'm not quite sure.

                      Also, I don't know what to do with the .sbnk. As for looping, is it the same method that is instructed here? And the .sseq, it has only has one track, which means it will be smaller. Is that normal? Tell me if I'm close.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #71    
                      Old February 16th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
                      Incineroar's Avatar
                      Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                      the spirit of the fighter
                      • Moderator
                      • Platinum Tier
                      • Developer
                       
                      Join Date: May 2009
                      Location: Iki Town
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 13,344
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TheHackster View Post
                      I'm still curious on how Markitus95 does the .mp3 hacking in his DS games. I did most of what was instructed. For example, I'm trying to insert a 1:14 long .mp3 file into a Pokémon White game. The filesize of the .swar seems to be larger than that of the previous one, by a lot (1.56 MB). Inserting that will result in either a drastically increased filesize (which causes a blackscreen) on the game, or it will delete as many .swar files as the file will need to fit the game's filesize (which mutes the song, perhaps for breaking the game's music system). I was thinking maybe compressing the .swar would work, but I'm not quite sure.

                      Also, I don't know what to do with the .sbnk. As for looping, is it the same method that is instructed here? And the .sseq, it has only has one track, which means it will be smaller. Is that normal? Tell me if I'm close.
                      You're correct. The SSEQ format is a generic tracked format, so it should work. As for filesize, Don't worry about it changing the size. SWAR and SWAV files are loaded on the fly from the SDAT, so even if the SDAT is 20 MB (Not that it would be) in size, it'd load properly. A good idea, though, is to take your rom, and unzip it using a DS rom decompresser, kinda like what PPRE does when you go to open a new Rom (Where it goes in the TMP directory). That way, you can just copy/paste in your new SDAT and zip it back up with no regards to the filesize.

                      And yes, the SSEQ would be smaller. It just instructs the DS to play certain samples with certain properties.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #72    
                      Old February 22nd, 2012 (10:47 AM).
                      darkdarkrai's Avatar
                      darkdarkrai darkdarkrai is offline
                      No. 1 World at war fanboy
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2011
                        Location: Down the street
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 38
                        Where can you find Magicsseq.dll? I tried on youtube (It is not on gbatemp , utuber6061 tricked us all) and I saw this video saying a guy called 'Edwidge' made it. The only mirror today that hosts it is down and the files are corrupted. If someone has a link please post it or PM Me.
                        __________________
                        Do NOT friend me on xbox! I have my own private xbox account for me and my (real) friends only. If you want to friend me on Xbox, my other account that I will set up in a couple of months is
                        Called darkdarkrai_97. But I will not be able to join parties, as it
                        is a free one!

                        I support



                        Reply With Quote
                          #73    
                        Old February 22nd, 2012 (12:42 PM).
                        Incineroar's Avatar
                        Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                        the spirit of the fighter
                        • Moderator
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • Developer
                         
                        Join Date: May 2009
                        Location: Iki Town
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 13,344
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by darkdarkrai View Post
                        Where can you find Magicsseq.dll? I tried on youtube (It is not on gbatemp , utuber6061 tricked us all:disappoin) and I saw this video saying a guy called 'Edwidge' made it. The only mirror today that hosts it is down and the files are corrupted. If someone has a link please post it or PM Me.
                        As far as I know, it does not exist. I found a copy of it once upon a time, but it was a null DLL- it was all zerobytes. You don't need it to loop anyways, the new MIDI2SSEQ and Anvil Studio can do that for you.

                        As for that YouTube video, I saw it once (I can't seem to find it again :\) but it looked a little outdated. I'd go with using the method illustrated in this guide until I can find an actual, working copy of MagicSSEQ and test it. If I do find it, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #74    
                        Old February 23rd, 2012 (10:24 AM).
                        darkdarkrai's Avatar
                        darkdarkrai darkdarkrai is offline
                        No. 1 World at war fanboy
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2011
                          Location: Down the street
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 38
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
                          As far as I know, it does not exist. I found a copy of it once upon a time, but it was a null DLL- it was all zerobytes. You don't need it to loop anyways, the new MIDI2SSEQ and Anvil Studio can do that for you.

                          As for that YouTube video, I saw it once (I can't seem to find it again :\) but it looked a little outdated. I'd go with using the method illustrated in this guide until I can find an actual, working copy of MagicSSEQ and test it. If I do find it, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
                          Thanks for the help Team Fail!
                          __________________
                          Do NOT friend me on xbox! I have my own private xbox account for me and my (real) friends only. If you want to friend me on Xbox, my other account that I will set up in a couple of months is
                          Called darkdarkrai_97. But I will not be able to join parties, as it
                          is a free one!

                          I support



                          Reply With Quote
                            #75    
                          Old February 25th, 2012 (11:22 PM).
                          shadebattle's Avatar
                          shadebattle shadebattle is offline
                          Beauty is Matched with Pain
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2008
                            Location: California
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naughty
                            Posts: 45
                            How do I exactly insert an mp3 into FL to make a loop? Whenever I try and save to Midi, I get no sound.
                            __________________

                            Ask for my friend code.
                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:52 PM.