• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokepal17's tut no.1 - Resizing Overworlds

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
everytime I change a new frame, saving on Hex Worshop to a new offset for the Hero frames, it reverts the previous frame to a full black sprite.
What have I done wrong?

eg; I sprite frame 1 of the hero sprite, then go and make a new offset for frame 2 and when I reopen in OERE frame 1 and 2 are entirely black.

That's good because it means its been repointed to free space. Now just draw your new OW on top of the black frame. :3

Years
My sprite pointer is 083701E0 and reversed it is 0E107380, but when I search for that in HEX Workshop it doesn't find anything. Any ideas?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
My sprite pointer is 083701E0 and reversed it is 0E107380, but when I search for that in HEX Workshop it doesn't find anything. Any ideas?

You reversed it wrong.
It was originally 08 37 01 E0.
It should be E0 01 37 08.

You reverse each group of two digits, not each single digit. :3

Years
You reversed it wrong.
It was originally 08 37 01 E0.
It should be E0 01 37 08.

You reverse each group of two digits, not each single digit. :3
Thanks! But i really don't get this part:
Now follow the sprite pointer and you will come to the pointers of the frames (sprite pointer info 2). Find out how may frames your sprite has and repoint the first (number of frames) pointers to a clean offsets. For the offsets, just find some FF in your hex editor and reverse the offset and replace the first pointer with it. Now to tell how much space you'll need for each frame, convert the unreversed new data size into decimal.

So I get 0800 ---> 2048

So I'll need 2048 bytes for each frame. So I repoint the frames to new offsets with enough space. I'm going to repoint to the offset 71A23C for my first frame so I reverse it and get 3C A2 71 08

After each frame pointer there is the old data size for the frame; replace it with the new one (in my case 00 80.)

Since all my frames are going to have the same images I'm repointing the frames to one offset but you'll need to repoint to more offsets if you have a different image on each frame.
What do i have to do?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
What do i have to do?

The sprite pointer leads to the frames of the sprite. Repoint the frames to new offsets. The amount of space each frame takes up is determined by the sprite's data size. :3

So if the new sprite's data size was 0800 (in hex), the amount of space each frame would need would be 2048 bytes. :3

Years
The sprite pointer leads to the frames of the sprite. Repoint the frames to new offsets. The amount of space each frame takes up is determined by the sprite's data size. :3

So if the new sprite's data size was 0800 (in hex), the amount of space each frame would need would be 2048 bytes. :3
I get that part, but not with ''Find some FF" and ''Repointing".

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I get that part, but not with ''Find some FF" and ''Repointing".

When I say "Find some FF", I mean find some free space. Repointing is pointing something to a new piece of data. If you don't know how to, I suggest you find a tutorial as it is a necessity for hacking.

Melloeta_Step

I love Fat and Cute Pokemon.
Years
Is there any other ways to Resize Overworlds except That and using Overworld Changer?..
I used Overworld Changer But the palette of the other sprites became Other Colors...

link12552

decade club
Years
Is there any other ways to Resize Overworlds except That and using Overworld Changer?..
I used Overworld Changer But the palette of the other sprites became Other Colors...

You could use Nameless Sprite Editor Classic.
Almost any sprite can have its size edited, and there shouldn't be undesired side-effects.

Back