• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I guess that depends primarily on whether Sam fights back. |D But yeah, Valorie's probably going to get in quite some trouble.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
It was brilliant XD I can only imagine Professor Oak's face when he saw that...

In other news, Selene is very nearly ready to take on Steven (in fairness, I've nearly finished the whole battle, but to avoid any further massive wall-of-text posts, I'm going to break it up into smaller posts)

With level capping...I hadn't really thought about where I was going to start denying levels...probably around 70-75 or something?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Okay... another crazy idea by your crazy bully! Let's see what happens next... ;3

Dawn

Years
Aaah... I've got the levels for NPCs in my head, by the way. I figure I may as well throw that out there.

The teachers have pokemon at approximately level 45 (When I say approximately I mean within 5 levels)
The champions have pokemon around levels 70-77
Gary has pokemon around levels 80-87
The Dead Forest secret boss comes in two flavors. (Approximately 50 and approximately 75)

Those are pretty much the only significantly higher NPCs I've thought up. I suppose I'm currently thinking about future events. Currently my thoughts have drifted to an elective extra-curricular group that is basically all about traveling the island as a sort of vigilante force. They'd pick a goal they want to accomplish and pick from the students that show up wanting to help. There would obviously be a teacher there supervising them. The class would be called ...Er... I'll get back to you guys on the name. My brain is like, completely blanking on the word I want.

Basically? I'm trying to think of ways to give people a bit more food for thought when they're planning their after school activities.

SelenaStar

Years
Updating my team after last battle :)

Ani334MS.png
Altaria (Blu) lvl. 40 - Safeguard, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Dragonbreath, Mirror Move, Aerial Ace

Ani448MS.png
Lucario (Ri) lvl. 34 - Feint, Bone Rush, Earthquake, Aura Sphere, Foresight, Dragon Pulse
Ani026MS.png
Raichu (Ryan) lvl. 47 - Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Feint, Light Screen, Surf
Ani230MS.png
Kingdra (Sharpay) lvl. 41 - Hydro Pump, Octazooka, Aurora Beam, Aqua Jet, Twister, Dragon Pulse
Ani513MS.png
Pansear (Gordon) lvl. 30 - Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Yawn, Bite, Torment
Ani064MS.png
Kadabra (Cat) lvl. 35 - Teleport, Psybeam, Reflect, Drain Punch, Miracle Eye, Light Screen

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Thanks Selena. Your team has been updated. Also, JasonWolf's character is accepted. c:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Updated Team! Will evolve Ellie shortly. XD So don't update yet.

Ellie (Espeon)- Level 20- Tackle, Flail, Iron Tail, Shadow Ball, Dig, Psychic
Rama (Zorua) Level 23- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 26-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 20- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 17-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Growl

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Okay, ready or not (I'm probably in the latter category), here I come!

Name: Jonah Lincecum

Nickname: Jonny

Job: Techniques in Advanced Breeding

Appearance: When out in the field, he's the typical Breeder with a red head-scarf with a Poke Ball motif over work clothes, but in the classroom he dresses to impress with a dark three-piece suit, meticulously groomed auburn hair on both his head and face. The fullness of his beard in particular is the stuff of local legend. After all, an impressive-looking teacher might make the students that much more receptive to what he has to say.

Personality:
Jonah (or Mr. Lincecum) is the sort of person that has no use for rules if they happen to get in the way. He knows that what he has to talk about to the students is something not often discussed in polite society, so he has decided to eschew what is considered decent for scientific accuracy, even if there are a few uncomfortable giggles had along the way. Of course, dedicating so much of his life to the business of reproduction and the implications thereof has led him to be seen as something of a closet pervert, and the way he behaves when he thinks nobody's watching does nothing to set the record straight.

History: Born to less than reputable parents, Jonah was exposed from an early age to the dregs of society, but decided early on that he would be the one to make it out and be successful, if only because there was no way he could survive the rigors of life on the streets, with gang wars breaking out on a regular basis and the reports of gunfire being his lullaby. It wasn't easy, but a passion for knowledge combined with justified fear for his life at the hands of press gangs allowed him to barely escape the corrupt school administration and to the relative shelter of university. It was around this time that the habits that were ingrained into him--partying all night, sleeping around, and so forth--started to take their toll, until one fateful night when he hooked up with a woman that was going for a teaching degree. She was smart enough to egg him on, pressing him to do better in his courses with only the occasional tantalizing glimpse at her body as his compensation. This was the one woman that Jonah was convinced he could settle down with, but in the end, he found that she was just using him to win bets with her friends. Angry at himself, he sank into a year-long bout of depression, but was eventually roused out of it when he met a Trainer holding an egg. The conversation that followed from that led him to finish his studies, choosing to specialize in all the ins and outs of egg production and the various methods champion breeders use to demand top wages for their product.

Pokémon:
Species: Drapion
Nickname: Joker
Personality: Joker is always looking to play a prank on someone. Usually it ends up involving causing Jonah to be late for his classes.
Level: 48
Moves: Hone Claws, Night Slash, Slash, Toxic Spikes, Earthquake, Poison Tail

Species: Breloom
Nickname: Leonard
Personality: Leonard is seemingly always ready to fight. His few run-ins with Joker have shown that it's better to be ready for anything than to be caught off guard.
Level: 45
Moves: Substitute, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb, Thunderpunch, Worry Seed, Facade

Species: Gardevoir
Nickname: Heidi
Personality: Always demure and polite, Jonah considers her useful as a sounding board for his newest theories, among other things.
Level: 46
Moves: Heal Pulse, Psychic, Destiny Bond, Focus Blast, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Well, if you look at my latest post... its an open invitation for anybody who wants to battle with Valorie and Sam beside their favorite idol Lance! :DDDDD

I bet Valorie would have very much liked that... but sorry Val, you're stuck with Sam ;)

Dawn

Years
Sam just keeps stumbling into minefield after minefield, eh?

In other news. LawOfTheLand, you're accepted. C= Welcome to the club.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I guess he does xD Well, it's just how he works =D But what happens after the battle... Idk if Sam will survive xD

SelenaStar

Years
All I will say is...

...wait until Selene finds out about what Sam said about her...

...she's not a happy bunny as it is, and when Valorie recounts the tale, she will be...furious. ^_^

I SENSE A RIVALRY.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
SO DO I.

As soon as my battle with Lance is done, I think there are going to be a lot of fights and battles ='D

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Riley: Lv. 14 (plus four levels for one champion pokemon battle and fainting)
Moveset: Karate chop, Low kick, Quick attack, Force Palm, Aura Sphere

Edit: Above is the proper team update, I've fixed my post now so I promise this won't happen again :3

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Erm, well, alot of things actually. For one, each champion uses one Pokemon trained specifically for the showcase battles. So in reality, you wouldn't be able to use all three Pokemon. I'm pretty sure they want the battles to go short to allow more students to have a chance to battle on stage.

These pokemon are also around levels 40-50. I know Yellow already sent ya a message but I'll place this here for future reference :p

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I'm not seeing much room for Jonah to make his grand entrance with this field trip going on. I don't even know where the heck they're headed, but may I suggest that Mr. Lincecum's field research lab be located somewhere conveniently nearby?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Well I just joined and made my character miss the boat so now he has to travel up to SAFFRON (thats where everyone is). THere are alot of possibilities. you have a teacher correct? maybe he has a prior reason for beign in town or something?

Dawn

Years
You can always just have it said that you character was there in the background. It's not really a big deal. Regardless. The field trip has exactly two more parts to it before it's over. The last part of the expo and the trip back to the academy at which time it'll be night and time for bed. |D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back