ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #19851    
Old October 28th, 2011 (3:48 PM).
PKMN Trainer Alison's Avatar
PKMN Trainer Alison PKMN Trainer Alison is offline
I'll follow you into the dark.
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Australia.
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 56
    Does anybody have a good, simple alternative to sappy?
    Sappy just will not run on my computer, not even the older versions that apparently work on win7. :/
    I just REALLY want to change the music of Firered to the music of Rubys.
    __________________
    [CENTER]

    Relevant Advertising!

      #19852    
    Old October 28th, 2011 (7:50 PM).
    darkprince909 darkprince909 is offline
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Gender:
      Posts: 79
      One more quick question, even though Ive asked too many recently :/...
      My hack is based on Firered, and I was wondering if it was possible to set up a 4 trainer double battle, similar to the part in Emerald where you fight with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha in the Space Center. If it's not possible, I can work around it, but if it is, there's a certain point in the story where it would really be useful to have that style of battle available. I havent tried to set one up yet, because I'm nowhere near working on that part of the story, Im just wondering if it is, in fact, possible on Firered
        #19853    
      Old October 28th, 2011 (8:02 PM).
      chrunch chrunch is offline
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Oct 2009
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,349
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post
      One more quick question, even though Ive asked too many recently :/...
      My hack is based on Firered, and I was wondering if it was possible to set up a 4 trainer double battle, similar to the part in Emerald where you fight with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha in the Space Center. If it's not possible, I can work around it, but if it is, there's a certain point in the story where it would really be useful to have that style of battle available. I havent tried to set one up yet, because I'm nowhere near working on that part of the story, Im just wondering if it is, in fact, possible on Firered
      I'm not sure if it's possible at the moment on FR, using tools, but it's definitely possible using ASM.
      __________________
        #19854    
      Old October 29th, 2011 (8:22 AM).
      Kaith's Avatar
      Kaith Kaith is offline
      Hacker of Fire
         
        Join Date: Oct 2011
        Location: North, it's cold.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 49
        Hey guys, I'm trying to hack a firered rom and am still a bit new to scripting. Can someone point me to a tutorial that works for windows 7? I looked all over but there are so many tutorials. Some of them are good, but the scripter is out of date. The one problem I keep running into is that all my tools are either a newer or older version of the tools they use in the tutorials so I can't follow them. And hours upon hours of searching google has left me with nothing but wasted time.
        __________________
        Hackers, Hacker everywhere.

        Hacks I support:
        FloralSky





          #19855    
        Old October 29th, 2011 (10:55 AM).
        Gamer2020's Avatar
        Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
        Accept no Imitations!
           
          Join Date: Jun 2008
          Location: Distant Land
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 910
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kaith View Post
          Hey guys, I'm trying to hack a firered rom and am still a bit new to scripting. Can someone point me to a tutorial that works for windows 7? I looked all over but there are so many tutorials. Some of them are good, but the scripter is out of date. The one problem I keep running into is that all my tools are either a newer or older version of the tools they use in the tutorials so I can't follow them. And hours upon hours of searching google has left me with nothing but wasted time.
          1 - Open XSE.
          2 - Press F2.
          __________________

            #19856    
          Old October 29th, 2011 (11:04 AM).
          Kaith's Avatar
          Kaith Kaith is offline
          Hacker of Fire
             
            Join Date: Oct 2011
            Location: North, it's cold.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 49
            Yeah, I did that and another window opens up. The box says the navigation the the webpage was canceled.
            __________________
            Hackers, Hacker everywhere.

            Hacks I support:
            FloralSky





              #19857    
            Old October 30th, 2011 (8:46 AM).
            Retrophaze Retrophaze is offline
               
              Join Date: Oct 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3
              First of all I apologize if this thread is in the wrong area or if it has been answered a thousand times before. I am just a fellow hacker that needs a little information. I am working on a full Fire Red hack right now and I would like to change the character's sprite to a different in-game sprite. My guess would be that this would not involve a script, but the use of a certain program. Any information is highly appreciated.

              Thanks
                #19858    
              Old October 30th, 2011 (9:18 AM). Edited October 30th, 2011 by serpenter.
              serpenter's Avatar
              serpenter serpenter is offline
              Eternal Inferno
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: England
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 418
                So, how do i change the "Pokedex" in the start menu (and other items their).
                I've been searching for ages, and can't figure out how to do it...

                EDIT: I just sorted it out with A-text.
                  #19859    
                Old October 30th, 2011 (1:35 PM).
                Raltshugger Raltshugger is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 3
                  I have been making my own little ROMhack of Ruby, but I've been encountering a problem that I simply can't find a solution to. When I enter New Mauville and Scorched Slab I instead end up in a totally dark room standing on a patch of grass. The header says I'm in the respective location, but I can't move from the spot I ended up in. I had edited the areas, but I tried to revert New Mauville back to normal, but still nothing. Does anybody know what happened?
                    #19860    
                  Old October 30th, 2011 (1:53 PM).
                  Gamer2020's Avatar
                  Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
                  Accept no Imitations!
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2008
                    Location: Distant Land
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 910
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kaith View Post
                    Yeah, I did that and another window opens up. The box says the navigation the the webpage was canceled.
                    Make sure you unzipped all the files that come with XSE and that they are in the same folder.
                    __________________

                      #19861    
                    Old October 30th, 2011 (2:27 PM).
                    jojo1250's Avatar
                    jojo1250 jojo1250 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 26
                      hi, im back agian. with another spriting question.
                      when i try to resize a d/p sprite to fit into a 64x64 canvas and try to insert it using Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor, the sprite gets all screwd up when i try t insert it. can anyone tell me hw to insert a large sprite into pokemon ruby with out screwing the sprite up?.
                        #19862    
                      Old October 30th, 2011 (3:26 PM).
                      SupahNinja's Avatar
                      SupahNinja SupahNinja is offline
                      Scripting Ninja
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 34
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by jojo1250 View Post
                        hi, im back agian. with another spriting question.
                        when i try to resize a d/p sprite to fit into a 64x64 canvas and try to insert it using Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor, the sprite gets all screwd up when i try t insert it. can anyone tell me hw to insert a large sprite into pokemon ruby with out screwing the sprite up?.
                        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=199240
                        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=259614
                        __________________
                        SupahNinja

                        My feelings on
                        ROM hacking:

                        -I like scripting a lot.
                        -Mapping is almost as fun.
                        -Hex editing isn't bad at all.
                        -I do NOT enjoy spriting.
                        -I've been meaning to start learning ASM for a while, but I don't ever seem to have enough time.

                        Favorites:

                        -My favorite color is green.
                        -My favorite type is fire.
                        -My favorite Pokémon are:
                        Growlithe, Charizard, Mew,
                        Giratina, Haxorus, and Aggron.
                        SupahNinja
                          #19863    
                        Old October 31st, 2011 (3:14 AM).
                        jojo1250's Avatar
                        jojo1250 jojo1250 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2010
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 26
                          uummmm, i wanted to know how to get lets say zekrom to fit in a 64x64 pallete without screwing the sprite up. not adding or edititng trainers, but i will need that later so thanks anyway.
                            #19864    
                          Old October 31st, 2011 (5:33 AM).
                          Herpity-Derpity-Derp Herpity-Derpity-Derp is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2011
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 1
                            Uh.. can anyone tell me the location in the RAM for this (if there is one):

                            Code:
                            [BATTLE STYLE--------SHIFT--------]
                            The shift/set one. I really need to know if there is one.

                            Any help is appreciated!
                            Attached Images
                            File Type: png Pokemon - Fire Red # GBA.png‎ (3.0 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                              #19865    
                            Old October 31st, 2011 (11:01 AM).
                            lunos219 lunos219 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2009
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 7
                              I seem to recall seeing something around here about adding new types to R/S/E roms... though, I recently searched for it rather thoroughly, and found nothing. Does anyone know if this kind of thing exists? If so, does anyone know where I could find such a tutorial?
                              __________________
                              This signature has been disabled.
                              Spoilers are not allowed in signatures.
                              Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                              You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                              Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                #19866    
                              Old October 31st, 2011 (12:53 PM).
                              Cathar's Avatar
                              Cathar Cathar is offline
                              /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2011
                                Age: 29
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 79
                                Hi everyone!
                                I'm new to ROM hacking and I don't really want to get into it too far right now, BUT:

                                I want to change the event at the beginning of FireRed where Oak gives you your Pokédex so that he gives you the National Dex instead.

                                I already have XSE but I can't seem to find a way to open the scripts in the ROM with it?

                                If there are any tutorials for this, I'd be really happy to have a link.

                                Note: I don't want to make a new script, I just want to change the existing one.

                                Thanks in Advance (do you see what I did there),
                                Cheers,
                                Peter
                                __________________
                                  #19867    
                                Old October 31st, 2011 (2:23 PM).
                                SupahNinja's Avatar
                                SupahNinja SupahNinja is offline
                                Scripting Ninja
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 34
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by jojo1250 View Post
                                  uummmm, i wanted to know how to get lets say zekrom to fit in a 64x64 pallete without screwing the sprite up. not adding or edititng trainers, but i will need that later so thanks anyway.
                                  Ah, sorry.
                                  Not sure why, but for some reason I though you were talking about trainers.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Cathar View Post
                                  Hi everyone!
                                  I'm new to ROM hacking and I don't really want to get into it too far right now, BUT:

                                  I want to change the event at the beginning of FireRed where Oak gives you your Pokédex so that he gives you the National Dex instead.

                                  I already have XSE but I can't seem to find a way to open the scripts in the ROM with it?

                                  If there are any tutorials for this, I'd be really happy to have a link.

                                  Note: I don't want to make a new script, I just want to change the existing one.

                                  Thanks in Advance (do you see what I did there),
                                  Cheers,
                                  Peter
                                  If you have Advance Map:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  1. Open your ROM with Advance Map.
                                  2. Go to Oak's Lab (Map 4.3).
                                  3. View the events, and click on Oak's person event.
                                  4. If you haven't set XSE as your script editor, do that by going to "Settings" -> "Choose script editor".
                                  5. Hit the "Open Script" button on the sidebar.
                                  6. Oak's script should open in XSE.
                                  7. Add your command for the National Dex (I believe it's special 0x16F).
                                  Compile the script (the little gear/cog button in XSE). If you made any changes in Advance Map, save that as well.
                                  8. Test it out.
                                  9. If it worked: congratulations.
                                  If it didn't work: troubleshoot it on your own, then post here again.


                                  If you don't have Advance Map:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Get it.
                                  Alternatively, if you know the offset of the script you want to edit, open the ROM with XSE and type in the offset.
                                  Edit the script to your heart's delight.
                                  __________________
                                  SupahNinja

                                  My feelings on
                                  ROM hacking:

                                  -I like scripting a lot.
                                  -Mapping is almost as fun.
                                  -Hex editing isn't bad at all.
                                  -I do NOT enjoy spriting.
                                  -I've been meaning to start learning ASM for a while, but I don't ever seem to have enough time.

                                  Favorites:

                                  -My favorite color is green.
                                  -My favorite type is fire.
                                  -My favorite Pokémon are:
                                  Growlithe, Charizard, Mew,
                                  Giratina, Haxorus, and Aggron.
                                  SupahNinja
                                    #19868    
                                  Old October 31st, 2011 (3:01 PM).
                                  jojo1250's Avatar
                                  jojo1250 jojo1250 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2010
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 26
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by SupahNinja View Post
                                    Ah, sorry.
                                    Not sure why, but for some reason I though you were talking about trainers.
                                    its ok, so do you know how to do what im talking about?
                                      #19869    
                                    Old October 31st, 2011 (3:18 PM).
                                    Truality Truality is offline
                                    Left for good
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2011
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 1,007
                                      @SupahNinja, since he can script with XSE without using A-Map, and all he needs is to know the offset (namely, $169595):

                                      Cathar, while you're on XSE, go to File -> Open... and select your Fire Red ROM. Open it, and then go to an empty white box where on its left it says 'offset'. Add 169595 on that offset and press the button next to it (shows two tools making an 'X' mark). That's the 'decompile' button. Voila! The script is here! Make your necessary changes and then hit the compile button (which seems like two gears colliding). Script compiled and ready to test!

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by jojo1250 View Post
                                      its ok, so do you know how to do what im talking about?
                                      You need to fix the screw-ups yourself. Edit the sprite a bit, make the outlines clear.
                                      __________________
                                      This is my December . . .
                                        #19870    
                                      Old October 31st, 2011 (3:32 PM).
                                      Acealo's Avatar
                                      Acealo Acealo is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Naive
                                        Posts: 27
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by jojo1250 View Post
                                        its ok, so do you know how to do what im talking about?
                                        actually there are already edited BW sprites sized for GBA in the art gallery section. but I will just link his website where you can download it directly from.

                                        http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/sprites.html

                                        Now about inserting them. the best way would be through NSE, you might need to download a plugin for it but its by far the easiest way to insert/replace sprites. btw there are two NSEs, classic and 2.0, i would suggest 2.0 as it can do way more.
                                          #19871    
                                        Old October 31st, 2011 (3:46 PM).
                                        jojo1250's Avatar
                                        jojo1250 jojo1250 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2010
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quiet
                                          Posts: 26
                                          thanks for alll the feedback! these suggs realy helped!
                                            #19872    
                                          Old November 1st, 2011 (4:15 AM).
                                          Cathar's Avatar
                                          Cathar Cathar is offline
                                          /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                                            Age: 29
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 79
                                            Thanks to everyone who helped me! My problem was that I had an older version of Advance Map without the Edit Script function.

                                            Now another noobish question:
                                            As far as I have gathered by now, if you add/change certain things in a ROM, you need to find some more room for them.
                                            My question is:
                                            Which changes to the ROM require extra space? And how much extra space is left on a ROM until I have to delete other things?
                                            I know that adding Pokémon to a Trainer's team needs more space, as does adding Attacks to a Pokémon's Move list. But what else?

                                            And my other (probably equally noobish) question:
                                            Where can I find stuff to delete if I need more space?
                                            I have noticed that data for all trainers in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is in the FireRed ROM, I assume I can savely delete all of those to make room, yes?

                                            Thanks for the help so far, I hope I'm not bothering you with my questions.

                                            Cheers,
                                            Peter
                                            __________________
                                              #19873    
                                            Old November 1st, 2011 (11:56 AM).
                                            chrunch chrunch is offline
                                            • Gold Tier
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2009
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 1,349
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Cathar View Post
                                            Thanks to everyone who helped me! My problem was that I had an older version of Advance Map without the Edit Script function.

                                            Now another noobish question:
                                            As far as I have gathered by now, if you add/change certain things in a ROM, you need to find some more room for them.
                                            My question is:
                                            Which changes to the ROM require extra space? And how much extra space is left on a ROM until I have to delete other things?
                                            I know that adding Pokémon to a Trainer's team needs more space, as does adding Attacks to a Pokémon's Move list. But what else?

                                            And my other (probably equally noobish) question:
                                            Where can I find stuff to delete if I need more space?
                                            I have noticed that data for all trainers in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is in the FireRed ROM, I assume I can savely delete all of those to make room, yes?

                                            Thanks for the help so far, I hope I'm not bothering you with my questions.

                                            Cheers,
                                            Peter
                                            You should have enough free space left in your ROM to make your hack without having to delete anything.
                                            Even if you run out of free space, you can easily expand the ROM using XSE.
                                            __________________
                                              #19874    
                                            Old November 1st, 2011 (1:00 PM).
                                            EdensElite's Avatar
                                            EdensElite EdensElite is offline
                                            No0b, but getting there.
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2011
                                              Location: UK
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Bold
                                              Posts: 190
                                              So...Does anyone know how to create Battle Backgrounds....or rather format them for insertion.
                                              __________________

                                              ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

                                              That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
                                                #19875    
                                              Old November 1st, 2011 (2:39 PM).
                                              south69_dallas south69_dallas is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Feb 2010
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 30
                                                one quick question.....how do you change the trainers pokemon and levels etc, like if i wanted edit the trainers in viridian forest how wld i change thhe pokemon they have how many they have etc? Thanks.
                                                Closed Thread

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:57 AM.