• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Trubbish is in no way a germ. ):
And as far as I know, Nintendo didn't develop the Pokemon games; they just published them.

Years
Only when it hasn't befriended a person. Until then it will continue to produce noxious gases that will render a person sick.
True that, though it would be impossible for me to befriend...a trash bag. xD I don't exactly hate it in any sense, but I have an appropriate dislike for the Pokemon at times. :>

When I said 'germ fiesta', I was thinking at the time of posting about the aforementioned Grimer and Trubbish thriving in unhygienic waste, similar to that of cockroaches.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
True that, though it would be impossible for me to befriend...a trash bag. xD I don't exactly hate it in any sense, but I have an appropriate dislike for the Pokemon at times. :>

When I said 'germ fiesta', I was thinking at the time of posting about the aforementioned Grimer and Trubbish thriving in unhygienic waste, similar to that of cockroaches.

Spoiler:

I feel so bad for Trubbish/Garbodor. They can do everything to try to befriend people, and people immediately dismiss them because of their appearance :(((((

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
Out of the trash bag evolution I only like Trubbish. Because it's cute while Garbador is a monsterus creature. Imagine the preschoolers in the Black & white Anime Series with a Garbador & imagine the Teacher's face! :D

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
:( I can't be around the smell.

The cockroach thing wouldn't be a bad idea, only the more I think about it the more I imagine it being a stinkbug that is Bug/Poison. :( I assume if a Pokémon like that existed it wouldn't have a prayer at not being a Poison-type. ;o;

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013

Spoiler:

I feel so bad for Trubbish/Garbodor. They can do everything to try to befriend people, and people immediately dismiss them because of their appearance :(((((
I'm sure they make good friends with hobos.

Also, poor Monsters inc. Nobody remembers those guys.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So I was in Philosophy and my mind was on Pokemon and not only did I draw some concept art for a two-Pokemon evolution line of grass/ghost jack-o-lanterns, but I was thinking...what do you think is inside the coffin that Cofagrigus has? Did the ghost possess a mummy, or is the ghost the ghost of the human like Yamask? If it just possessed the coffin...where did the mummy go?!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
My guess is it is the spirit of a deceased "being", that was originally put in that coffin, so it would be a Mummy as the ability implies. Although the concept of Ghost pokemon always trick me, cause you can hatch them from eggs which means they are born but they are Ghosts... So maybe it's just a greater being of Yamask that evolved into what it is.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Since Yamask was said to be a human, I believe what's inside the coffin would be something along the lines of that. Not any bodies, no. But perhaps spirits, as Kenshin said?

Years
So I was in Philosophy and my mind was on Pokemon and not only did I draw some concept art for a two-Pokemon evolution line of grass/ghost jack-o-lanterns,
OMG! You have to post a picture of them some time!!! :D

My guess is it is the spirit of a deceased "being", that was originally put in that coffin, so it would be a Mummy as the ability implies. Although the concept of Ghost pokemon always trick me, cause you can hatch them from eggs which means they are born but they are Ghosts... So maybe it's just a greater being of Yamask that evolved into what it is.
My friend and I were discussing this not too long ago. Given that Yamask was once a human, does that mean that when one is hatched, a human dies? o.O

I agree with the suggestion of a spirit inside the coffin. It could be the spirit of a pharaoh, thus the "curse of the pharaoh" that Cofragrigus is based on. It also explains why it loves gold so much as all royalty does. So the coffin would contain a mummy of an ancient pharaoh whose ghost occupies the coffin.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
My friend and I were discussing this not too long ago. Given that Yamask was once a human, does that mean that when one is hatched, a human dies? o.O
No, not really. I presume when I human dies, there's a small chance that the human could become a Yamask. So, everytime I human dies, if that human was "chosen" some Cofagrigus parent would lay an egg which would hatch into the Yamask.

Just a presumption, though.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I don't think cofagrigus is holding something inside. The whole concept I grasped off this pokemon is that the cass itself moves, and is just hollow inside.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I don't think cofagrigus is holding something inside. The whole concept I grasped off this pokemon is that the cass itself moves, and is just hollow inside.
That's a fair point. I also like it, it just makes those people who hates inanimate objects becoming Pokemon even more furious! xD

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well from Cofagrigus' sprite animation, I can deduce that the top portion of the sarcophagus kind of opens to reveal its eyes and mouth and the hands creep out from the sides. A spirit/ghost, I think.
Not absolutely certain, but yeah.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Reminds me of a comic I read once:
Spoiler:

I don't think Cofagrigus is holding something inside either, I'd imagine it would be somewhat heavier if it was.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I always imagine it like this: spirits of humans enter a Yamask or Cofagrigus and it becomes mother to this new spirit by giving it form and consciousness as it stays inside it. The spirit fertilises the mother's egg, and a later the egg is laid and hatches into a baby Yamask, a newly formed ghost.

Because a spirit doesn't become a full ghost until it has gained form.

@Vaporeon: That's one of the funniest images I've ever seen. xD

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I need some help..... I want to make two trainer cards at a website with strong Pokémon teams with a variety of Pokémon types that includes the following Pokémon (it can be any generation, legendary Pokémon or not) plus I also prefer cool looking Pokémon

the two trainer cards I had in mind

#1. Reshiram, Zoroark (need 4 more Pokémon)

#2. Moltres (need 5 more Pokémon)

any suggestions?

around 5:30PM EST or later I'll come back and chose the one I like the best for each card....

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I just got myself back into playing Pokemon by deciding to breed a shiny Lapras :3; 60 eggs so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back