Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old October 28th, 2011 (9:37 AM).
Jambo51's Avatar
Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
Glory To Arstotzka
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 732
    Hehe, good stuff on fixing the grammar/spelling.
    You won't be able to use JPAN's patch version of the engine, but you CAN use the installer to add his engine. There might be some incompatibilities, but most of his code should be fully compatible.
    __________________
    Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
    Reply With Quote
      #152    
    Old October 30th, 2011 (12:27 PM).
    Wiznatts's Avatar
    Wiznatts Wiznatts is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2010
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 42
      Just wanted to report an odd finding that I've seen with the part of the hack that allows Pokemon to evolve without the National Dex. I've directed some people to it for their hacks on another forum, and it seems there is a problem. Gen 2 and 3 Pokemon do evolve just fine, but Gen 1 mons don't evolve to mons from other Gens; so Golbat->Crobat doesn't work while Chikorita->Bayleef does. I have no idea why this might be, but it's something you'll want to look in to.
      Reply With Quote
        #153    
      Old November 3rd, 2011 (2:31 PM).
      bwburke94 bwburke94 is offline
      Still Aspertia's Aspie
         
        Join Date: Mar 2010
        Location: Belchertown, Massachusetts
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 746
        I doubt that's a priority, as most hacks give out the National Pokédex immediately. Still, that does need to be fixed eventually.
        __________________
        3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602
        Reply With Quote
          #154    
        Old November 3rd, 2011 (6:18 PM).
        Wiznatts's Avatar
        Wiznatts Wiznatts is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2010
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 42
          The entire point of that part of the hack is to make it so that you don't have to give out the National Dex. Was that not clear from the OP?
          Reply With Quote
            #155    
          Old November 4th, 2011 (3:19 AM).
          Jambo51's Avatar
          Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
          Glory To Arstotzka
             
            Join Date: Jun 2009
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 732
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Wiznatts View Post
            Just wanted to report an odd finding that I've seen with the part of the hack that allows Pokemon to evolve without the National Dex. I've directed some people to it for their hacks on another forum, and it seems there is a problem. Gen 2 and 3 Pokemon do evolve just fine, but Gen 1 mons don't evolve to mons from other Gens; so Golbat->Crobat doesn't work while Chikorita->Bayleef does. I have no idea why this might be, but it's something you'll want to look in to.
            Thanks for alerting me to that bug. I honestly thought I'd fixed that, but I shall have another look when I get a chance.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
            I doubt that's a priority, as most hacks give out the National Pokédex immediately. Still, that does need to be fixed eventually.
            It's certainly not a priority, but it's something I would like to have fixed before I release anything.

            Incidentally, I will be releasing a Public Alpha within the next few days/weeks. I'll detail the Terms and Conditions (and such) when it gets released. It's currently available to a select few hackers I know for (semi) private alpha testing.
            __________________
            Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
            Reply With Quote
              #156    
            Old November 4th, 2011 (12:20 PM).
            dudedude1 dudedude1 is offline
            .
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 141
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
              Incidentally, I will be releasing a Public Alpha within the next few days/weeks. I'll detail the Terms and Conditions (and such) when it gets released. It's currently available to a select few hackers I know for (semi) private alpha testing.
              I can't wait to see this. I would love to help with if you need any. I could insert the footprints or edit the movesets if needed. If your not willing to lend me the alpha early I can wait until you release it to everyone and report any bugs to you. You are amazing!
              Reply With Quote
                #157    
              Old November 4th, 2011 (1:13 PM).
              Full Metal's Avatar
              Full Metal Full Metal is offline
              C(++) Developer.
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: In my mind.
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 806
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
              Thanks for alerting me to that bug. I honestly thought I'd fixed that, but I shall have another look when I get a chance.



              It's certainly not a priority, but it's something I would like to have fixed before I release anything.

              Incidentally, I will be releasing a Public Alpha within the next few days/weeks. I'll detail the Terms and Conditions (and such) when it gets released. It's currently available to a select few hackers I know for (semi) private alpha testing.
              -- Will documentation be provided, or is it up to us to find / observe the changes in the patch? ( apart from the casual observer's obvious observations )
              __________________

              ★ full metal.

              I like to push it,
              and push it,
              until my luck is over.
              Reply With Quote
                #158    
              Old November 4th, 2011 (3:48 PM).
              Jambo51's Avatar
              Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
              Glory To Arstotzka
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2009
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 732
                Tell me what documentation you guys want, and I'll try to provide it for you.
                At the end of the day, the patch is being developed for you (and anyone else who wants it, of course :P).

                For ease of use, I'll bundle a known bug list and 2 XSE header files so that people don't need to guess the indices of the new pokémon and items.

                I will most likely also provide my ini for PGE so that people can see the new stuff in PGE.

                Apart from that, what do you want documentation about?
                __________________
                Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                Reply With Quote
                  #159    
                Old November 4th, 2011 (4:41 PM).
                Full Metal's Avatar
                Full Metal Full Metal is offline
                C(++) Developer.
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: In my mind.
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 806
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                Apart from that, what do you want documentation about?
                Locations of routines and such.
                I'm not so much after the patch itself -- I'd like to be able to learn from it -- understand why you did what you did.
                Basically, I'd like to be able to *recreate* what you did, just for the sake of the experience.
                But I don't want to bug you, or ask you to teach me individually, and I'm competent enough to understand documentation, or even commented routines if available. ( The second would be amazing too, but I think you said earlier you lost several of your routines )
                For example, I think it would be pretty cool to just fix the bugs that occur with using one of the 25 empty slots.

                ( However, if I do make a hack, I would definitely use the clean ROM patch, and this patch with it. Two amazing patches, may I say. -- Thanks you two. )
                __________________

                ★ full metal.

                I like to push it,
                and push it,
                until my luck is over.
                Reply With Quote
                  #160    
                Old November 4th, 2011 (4:42 PM).
                dudedude1 dudedude1 is offline
                .
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 141
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                  Tell me what documentation you guys want, and I'll try to provide it for you.
                  At the end of the day, the patch is being developed for you (and anyone else who wants it, of course :P).

                  For ease of use, I'll bundle a known bug list and 2 XSE header files so that people don't need to guess the indices of the new pokémon and items.

                  I will most likely also provide my ini for PGE so that people can see the new stuff in PGE.

                  Apart from that, what do you want documentation about?
                  I think most of what you have is good. If it is simple, can you add a tutorial about what you were talking about earlier. Where you are able to increase the number of pokemon slots but if it is to time consuming I think that's fine. Also, like I said, if you need any help with footprints or movesets I'm here to help! :)
                  Reply With Quote
                    #161    
                  Old November 4th, 2011 (4:54 PM).
                  Jambo51's Avatar
                  Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                  Glory To Arstotzka
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 732
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dudedude1 View Post
                    I think most of what you have is good. If it is simple, can you add a tutorial about what you were talking about earlier. Where you are able to increase the number of pokemon slots but if it is to time consuming I think that's fine. Also, like I said, if you need any help with footprints or movesets I'm here to help! :)
                    Well, actually, footprints and movesets are 2 of the things I still haven't gotten around to finishing off. But I have to fix other things just now.
                    __________________
                    Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #162    
                    Old November 4th, 2011 (4:58 PM).
                    dudedude1 dudedude1 is offline
                    .
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 141
                      Oh, well that's ok. That's all I was saying. I could help out but I think the documentation will be fine (Especially if you add the tutorial I suggested xD).
                      Reply With Quote
                        #163    
                      Old November 9th, 2011 (6:08 PM).
                      NarutoActor's Avatar
                      NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
                      The rocks cry out to me
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                      Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Bashful
                      Posts: 1,979
                      To Jambo: I was playing around with scripts and advance map, and I am not sure if this happend to you but the girl in pallet town has a diferent script ($B26A8A which is all FF's). No big deal just wondering why she has a different script then the original.
                      __________________
                      ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                      Reply With Quote
                        #164    
                      Old November 10th, 2011 (3:17 AM). Edited November 16th, 2011 by Jambo51.
                      Jambo51's Avatar
                      Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                      Glory To Arstotzka
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2009
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 732
                        I was most likely testing out some sort of script, removed it, but forgot to reset the original pointer.

                        EDIT: Fixed for alpha.
                        __________________
                        Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #165    
                        Old November 16th, 2011 (5:11 PM). Edited November 17th, 2011 by Jambo51.
                        Jambo51's Avatar
                        Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                        Glory To Arstotzka
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2009
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 732
                          This is (as the title implies) alpha 2 of my 649 patch. It fixes a couple of minor bugs which existed in alpha 1 (which was only privately available).

                          Terms of Use:
                          Do not, under any circumstances, release a hack based on this patch. You can build a private hack on the engine.

                          Report any and all bugs found either in this thread, in a VM, or a PM. I will endeavour to check the thread at least once a day to respond to any queries.

                          Please use this format, as it will aid me in fixing any bugs:
                          Bug - Explanation of what it is (a screenshot would also be fine if not better)
                          HOW TO REPLICATE: This is hugely important. If you can recreate the bug using a set of easy steps, tell me. Then I can replicate them myself to try to fix it. If not, don't worry too much.
                          When - When it happened (Specific area of game - like during battles or whatever)

                          Other than that, and most importantly, enjoy!

                          Please remember this is an EARLY ALPHA of the patch, and while most things work, some things do not. Things which don't work are listed in the spoiler below.

                          Spoiler:
                          No way to activate the new formes. You can manually activate them (Note: no sprites, just types) by setting the 27th byte of the Pokémon party data to something other than 0. However, the formes are only applicable to the upper half of the byte. That is, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30 (etc).

                          Footprint data missing for all new Pokémon.

                          Size comparison is WAAAAAY off. All new Pokémon are Pikachu sized in the comparison.

                          DO NOT open Cherrim's Pokédex entry, game crashes.

                          Ignore weird sprites in Pokédex, or lack of sprites in some situations. It's down to the code for Male/Female sprites being present, but the sprites are not.

                          No Pokémon above Raichu have a moveset.

                          Lack of Day/Night cycle disables some new evolution types. Simply add the DAN by Prime_Dialga to fix this.

                          Could be some issues with some attacks with the new DPSS. Swift seems to do very little damage for some reason.

                          The new moves which do NOT do damage will do nothing.

                          The new moves all use the old animations, literally copied and pasted into the new slots. This will be rectified at a later date.

                          There seems to be a severe issue with Gen 1 Pokémon trying to evolve to later gens. Certainly, Golbat -> Crobat crashes the game. Try to avoid any such evolution unless you want to try to find out why.

                          The new TMs have no real association yet, I just filled the data with random bytes, so there could be weird learnsets.

                          Couple of weird graphical bugs (ignoring what is already above that is)

                          The ASM hack made by HackMew to speed up egg hatching with Flame Body/Magma Armour is NOT in the ROM.


                          Also attached are a couple of headers for XSE which contain the new items (sans sprites atm) and the new Pokémon to facilitate the use of the patch.

                          I hope this will be tested by many, and I also truly hope as many bugs as possible are found so I can fix them. :)

                          Also, I sneaked in ony tiny little semi-easter egg. You should find it quite quickly if you're curious enough to open Sappy. :P

                          Finally, a short note to Team Fail and his ilk: The documentation is still being written up, I'll post it when it's ready. I hope that's OK.

                          Last but not least; The link to it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24219056/649%20Patch%20Alpha%202.rar
                          The INI: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24219056/roms.ini

                          This INI is for PGE, but it should contain most (if not all) of the relevant pointers/data.
                          __________________
                          Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                          Reply With Quote
                            #166    
                          Old November 16th, 2011 (5:46 PM).
                          dudedude1 dudedude1 is offline
                          .
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2011
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 141
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                            This is (as the title implies) alpha 2 of my 649 patch. It fixes a couple of minor bugs which existed in alpha 1 (which was only privately available).

                            Terms of Use:
                            Do not, under any circumstances, release a hack based on this patch. You can build a private hack on the engine.

                            Report any and all bugs found either in this thread, in a VM, or a PM. I will endeavour to check the thread at least once a day to respond to any queries.

                            Please use this format, as it will aid me in fixing any bugs:
                            Bug - Explanation of what it is (a screenshot would also be fine if not better)
                            HOW TO REPLICATE: This is hugely important. If you can recreate the bug using a set of easy steps, tell me. Then I can replicate them myself to try to fix it. If not, don't worry too much.
                            When - When it happened (Specific area of game - like during battles or whatever)

                            Other than that, and most importantly, enjoy!

                            Please remember this is an EARLY ALPHA of the patch, and while most things work, some things do not. Things which don't work are listed in the spoiler below.

                            Spoiler:
                            No way to activate the new formes. You can manually activate them (Note: no sprites, just types) by setting the 27th byte of the Pokémon party data to something other than 0. However, the formes are only applicable to the upper half of the byte. That is, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30 (etc).

                            Footprint data missing for all new Pokémon.

                            Size comparison is WAAAAAY off. All new Pokémon are Pikachu sized in the comparison.

                            DO NOT open Cherrim's Pokédex entry, game crashes.

                            Ignore weird sprites in Pokédex, or lack of sprites in some situations. It's down to the code for Male/Female sprites being present, but the sprites are not.

                            No Pokémon above Raichu have a moveset.

                            Lack of Day/Night cycle disables some new evolution types. Simply add the DAN by Prime_Dialga to fix this.

                            Could be some issues with some attacks with the new DPSS. Swift seems to do very little damage for some reason.

                            The new moves which do NOT do damage will do nothing.

                            The new moves all use the old animations, literally copied and pasted into the new slots. This will be rectified at a later date.

                            There seems to be a severe issue with Gen 1 Pokémon trying to evolve to later gens. Certainly, Golbat -> Crobat crashes the game. Try to avoid any such evolution unless you want to try to find out why.

                            The new TMs have no real association yet, I just filled the data with random bytes, so there could be weird learnsets.

                            Couple of weird graphical bugs (ignoring what is already above that is)

                            The ASM hack made by HackMew to speed up egg hatching with Flame Body/Magma Armour is NOT in the ROM.


                            Also attached are a couple of headers for XSE which contain the new items (sans sprites atm) and the new Pokémon to facilitate the use of the patch.

                            I hope this will be tested by many, and I also truly hope as many bugs as possible are found so I can fix them. :)

                            Also, I sneaked in ony tiny little semi-easter egg. You should find it quite quickly if you're curious enough to open Sappy. :P

                            Finally, a short note to Team Fail and his ilk: The documentation is still being written up, I'll post it when it's ready. I hope that's OK.

                            Last but not least; The link to it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24219056/649%20Patch%20Alpha%202.rar
                            Glad to see this is finally up but its gonna be hard to create new inis for programs xD Also, will this ever be allowed to be used in public hacks? It be a shame if it couldn't. Keep up the good work Jambo!
                            Reply With Quote
                              #167    
                            Old November 17th, 2011 (2:14 AM).
                            Wiznatts's Avatar
                            Wiznatts Wiznatts is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2010
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 42
                              I was hoping to have gotten the sheets for the Gen 4 Pokemon done before you released this to the public. Looks like I was a couple days late. I have good looking fronts for almost every Gen 4 'mon (I just need to make 3 Rotom Formes and recolor the Arceus sprites). Excluding Formes, I just need to make 13 more backs (28 with them), so I should be able to have those out by the end of the weekend I think. I hadn't intended to include gender differences, but adding those should be pretty easy if you want me to.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #168    
                              Old November 17th, 2011 (7:00 AM).
                              Jambo51's Avatar
                              Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                              Glory To Arstotzka
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 732
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by dudedude1 View Post
                                Glad to see this is finally up but its gonna be hard to create new inis for programs xD Also, will this ever be allowed to be used in public hacks? It be a shame if it couldn't. Keep up the good work Jambo!
                                Ah, sorry. I forgot to include the INI with the file. I'll add it now.
                                The reason I'm not allowing hacks to be released based on this is because it's an ALPHA. It's buggy and I know it is. The whole point of releasing a public alpha is so we can find the bugs and fix them.

                                Once it hits what I will call "Beta" stage, people will be free to make hacks based on the patch.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Wiznatts View Post
                                I was hoping to have gotten the sheets for the Gen 4 Pokemon done before you released this to the public. Looks like I was a couple days late. I have good looking fronts for almost every Gen 4 'mon (I just need to make 3 Rotom Formes and recolor the Arceus sprites). Excluding Formes, I just need to make 13 more backs (28 with them), so I should be able to have those out by the end of the weekend I think. I hadn't intended to include gender differences, but adding those should be pretty easy if you want me to.
                                It's only the first alpha. We're a long way from being finished. So don't rush yourself too much. Ideally, more for the gen 5 Pokémon, we do kinda need the male/female sprites. Anyway, point is, don't rush yourself.
                                __________________
                                Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #169    
                                Old November 17th, 2011 (1:06 PM).
                                dudedude1 dudedude1 is offline
                                .
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 141
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                  Ah, sorry. I forgot to include the INI with the file. I'll add it now.
                                  Thanks for that. It helps. Although I was trying to change the INI of Yape and Advanced Series and I got errors like ROM Configuration error or data is not compressed.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #170    
                                  Old November 17th, 2011 (3:31 PM).
                                  Jambo51's Avatar
                                  Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                  Glory To Arstotzka
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2009
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 732
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by dudedude1 View Post
                                    Thanks for that. It helps. Although I was trying to change the INI of Yape and Advanced Series and I got errors like ROM Configuration error or data is not compressed.
                                    You might get some problems with some of the sprites in any sprite editor because it's not configured to read the male/female/forme spriting system I created.

                                    DO NOT use YAPE. It is incompatible with the new stuff. Use the Pokémon Game Editor instead. That is what the INI is for.
                                    __________________
                                    Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #171    
                                    Old November 17th, 2011 (3:34 PM).
                                    Crimson5M's Avatar
                                    Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                                    what
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2011
                                    Location: Scotland
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 1,110
                                    So there's no other Pokemon data editor that this will work with?
                                    Damn, looks like I gotta wait 'til Christmas...

                                    OFFTOPIC: That Doctor Who music vid you posted on youtube makes you a god in my eyes.
                                    __________________
                                    Youtube
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #172    
                                    Old November 18th, 2011 (1:54 AM). Edited November 18th, 2011 by Jambo51.
                                    Jambo51's Avatar
                                    Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                    Glory To Arstotzka
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2009
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quiet
                                      Posts: 732
                                      Well, it might work with YAPE. But the way YAPE works might cause severe issues. As to everything else, I used the typical tools to edit, so as long as you have updated the INI, it should work fine.

                                      Thanks for the love over the Who theme. Just one thing, I couldn't get the dum-de-dums to sound right, IMO. What did you think of them? Don't reply here, reply in a VM or something.
                                      __________________
                                      Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #173    
                                      Old November 18th, 2011 (4:29 AM).
                                      dudedude1 dudedude1 is offline
                                      .
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2011
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 141
                                        Hey Jambo, is there anyway to change the number of footprints visible in Foot Print Editor because I took the offset from the INI but it only lets me view the first 386 and there is no INI to the program so that I can increase the number of footprints. ONce I get that and Pokemon Editor working with the new data I can do movesets and footprints for you so you can focus on the other things.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #174    
                                        Old November 18th, 2011 (5:55 AM).
                                        Jambo51's Avatar
                                        Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                        Glory To Arstotzka
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2009
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quiet
                                          Posts: 732
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by dudedude1 View Post
                                          Hey Jambo, is there anyway to change the number of footprints visible in Foot Print Editor because I took the offset from the INI but it only lets me view the first 386 and there is no INI to the program so that I can increase the number of footprints. ONce I get that and Pokemon Editor working with the new data I can do movesets and footprints for you so you can focus on the other things.
                                          Not that i'm aware of. However, you could "trick" the programme into reading from a different offset. AFAIK, it still reads from the overall INI for the pointer to the footprint table, correct?

                                          You could simply change that pointer in the INI so that it starts at slot 252 (as that's where Turtwig is) and go from there.
                                          __________________
                                          Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #175    
                                          Old November 18th, 2011 (11:58 AM).
                                          Awkward Squirtle Awkward Squirtle is offline
                                          ,@,e .ºoO
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2011
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 110
                                            Just wondering, have you seen this thread? It was an effort by some guys ( a few years ago to do essentially the same task you've done (unlock the Pokédex limits); as far as I know, it was never completed, though. This looks like it's achieved what they did and more; although I'm not a ROM hacker (never had the patience for ASM, and not a fan of tools that do everything for you), I applaud you for what you're pulling off here. I might just have to learn some ROM hacking so I can use this :)

                                            Maybe I could try programming a Pokémon editing tool compatible with an extended Pokédex? I'm really busy with my university course at the moment, but I'll have some spare time in a few weeks when I can do something.

                                            Also, the bug with Kanto Pokémon evolutions must be related in some way to FR/LG's blocking of those evolutions before the national dex is obtained. I'm sure you already know this, but I'm just making sure ;)
                                            Reply With Quote
                                            Reply

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:45 AM.