Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 23rd, 2011 (10:12 AM).
GovAsh's Avatar
GovAsh GovAsh is offline
Quiet Trainer
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Wisconsin
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 7
    can you put slash parings on this site? And do role plays?
    __________________
    I'm Jessie,

    I love to write..read...and role play slash fan fiction, i am big into parings like Cilan/Ash and Shifu/Po. I love life and live to the fullest, i love Facebook and Youtube. I am big into animals.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old November 23rd, 2011 (10:12 AM).
    Ephemeral Euphoria's Avatar
    Ephemeral Euphoria Ephemeral Euphoria is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2009
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 3,818
      Yeah you can roleplay but I'm not so sure people would approve of yaoi pairings on here.
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old November 23rd, 2011 (11:58 AM).
      Astinus's Avatar
      Astinus Astinus is offline
      Remember NovEnder
         
        Join Date: May 2006
        Location: Connecticut, USA
        Age: 30
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 10,047
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Xulek View Post
        Yeah you can roleplay but I'm not so sure people would approve of yaoi pairings on here.
        Why? Because they're GAY and gay people are ICKY. Particularly GAY MEN?

        Any pairing is fine to be written about. They just get the same rule of no physical descriptions of sex written about them. But m/m, f/f, m/f are fine, and anyone who gives you trouble for writing them is going to be the one in trouble.
        __________________

        The prologue begins now! Before you start to run
        Reach out with your hand and grab your freedom
        An absolute protagonist, a perfect hero...
        Sadly, these are things I'll never become

        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old November 23rd, 2011 (12:11 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2011 by Ephemeral Euphoria.
        Ephemeral Euphoria's Avatar
        Ephemeral Euphoria Ephemeral Euphoria is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2009
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 3,818
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
          Why? Because they're GAY and gay people are ICKY. Particularly GAY MEN?

          Any pairing is fine to be written about. They just get the same rule of no physical descriptions of sex written about them. But m/m, f/f, m/f are fine, and anyone who gives you trouble for writing them is going to be the one in trouble.
          I didn't say they would be bashed unanimously, just not sure whether they would have been looked upon as kindly as other types of pairings, at least on this forum anyways.
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old November 23rd, 2011 (6:23 PM).
          Kura's Avatar
          Kura Kura is offline
          twitter.com/kuraberryart
             
            Join Date: Sep 2004
            Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
            Age: 28
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 11,014
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
            Why? Because they're GAY and gay people are ICKY. Particularly GAY MEN?

            Any pairing is fine to be written about. They just get the same rule of no physical descriptions of sex written about them. But m/m, f/f, m/f are fine, and anyone who gives you trouble for writing them is going to be the one in trouble.
            Are you allowed to insinuate sex? Like:
            "And made their way, kissing, through the hallway and into the bedroom, urgently locking the door behind them.

            ---

            The next morning...etc etc"

            I am guessing that's fine, right?

            It's more like.. stuff considered TMI like words like "arousal" that are used sexually, right?
            __________________
            ~Yuugiou Fan~
            ~Kamen Rider Fan~
            ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old November 23rd, 2011 (7:29 PM).
            bobandbill's Avatar
            bobandbill bobandbill is offline
            shake that booty
            • Administrator
            • PokéCommunity Daily
            • Discord Moderoid
             
            Join Date: Mar 2008
            Location: Central Coast - Australia
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 13,402
            Yes - that's off-screen so it's allowed; just needs the relevant rating to go with it. There's links to rating systems and what makes up a certain rating in the rules thread.
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old November 23rd, 2011 (8:58 PM).
            Kura's Avatar
            Kura Kura is offline
            twitter.com/kuraberryart
               
              Join Date: Sep 2004
              Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
              Age: 28
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 11,014
              Yeah, it says explicit content, but I don't really know what that concerns in terms of pokecommunity. Like for example.. what if the story concerns a character who is learning to cope with being a recent rape victim? (The story only mentions rape/ there is no actual rape in the story.)

              Would that be M or MA?
              __________________
              ~Yuugiou Fan~
              ~Kamen Rider Fan~
              ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old November 23rd, 2011 (9:53 PM).
              Astinus's Avatar
              Astinus Astinus is offline
              Remember NovEnder
                 
                Join Date: May 2006
                Location: Connecticut, USA
                Age: 30
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 10,047
                TW: Rape

                I'm never completely sure on ratings, but I wouldn't put it at the highest rating just because it mentions rape. So long as you're not graphically describing it, and are just writing about a character handling life afterward, that wouldn't require a high rating. Mainly warnings so people know what they're getting into. But it wouldn't automatically get a MA warning though it has no graphic descriptions in it.

                Quote:
                just not sure whether they would have been looked upon as kindly as other types of pairings, at least on this forum anyways.
                Again I ask: Why? Because it involves two men?
                __________________

                The prologue begins now! Before you start to run
                Reach out with your hand and grab your freedom
                An absolute protagonist, a perfect hero...
                Sadly, these are things I'll never become

                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old November 23rd, 2011 (10:00 PM).
                Ephemeral Euphoria's Avatar
                Ephemeral Euphoria Ephemeral Euphoria is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2009
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 3,818
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
                  Again I ask: Why? Because it involves two men?
                  Because I'm used to seeing homosexuality being bashed on other forums I've been to before, that's why. I'm not so sure if this site would be the same way towards homosexuality due to me not being on here all that often so I said I'm not sure because I don't know the stance PC as a whole takes on this particular subject.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old November 23rd, 2011 (10:19 PM).
                  Kura's Avatar
                  Kura Kura is offline
                  twitter.com/kuraberryart
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2004
                    Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
                    Age: 28
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 11,014
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Xulek View Post


                    Because I'm used to seeing homosexuality being bashed on other forums I've been to before, that's why. I'm not so sure if this site would be the same way towards homosexuality due to me not being on here all that often so I said I'm not sure because I don't know the stance PC as a whole takes on this particular subject.
                    I admit I'm never really on the fanfiction section of the forums, but I find Pokecommunity to be quite an accepting forum as a whole when it comes to LGBT, actually. I don't think you should have a problem.
                    I've actually sort of considered the same thing, really. (Should I post it? Shouldn't I?) After I told my idea to a few members here I was met, by a couple of them, with the whole "ew they're gay" or that they assumed that the fanfic would be terrible just because there was anything other than heterosexual pairings.

                    Though.. I wouldn't let that deter you. Usually the people who do that are either teasing (in my case because they were friends) or just immature. I think we should move towards being accepting of people and story ideas. For that reason I say go for it! :3
                    __________________
                    ~Yuugiou Fan~
                    ~Kamen Rider Fan~
                    ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
                    Reply With Quote
                      #11    
                    Old November 23rd, 2011 (10:26 PM).
                    Ephemeral Euphoria's Avatar
                    Ephemeral Euphoria Ephemeral Euphoria is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2009
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 3,818
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kura View Post
                      I admit I'm never really on the fanfiction section of the forums, but I find Pokecommunity to be quite an accepting forum as a whole when it comes to LGBT, actually. I don't think you should have a problem.
                      I've actually sort of considered the same thing, really. (Should I post it? Shouldn't I?) After I told my idea to a few members here I was met, by a couple of them, with the whole "ew they're gay" or that they assumed that the fanfic would be terrible just because there was anything other than heterosexual pairings.

                      Though.. I wouldn't let that deter you. Usually the people who do that are either teasing (in my case because they were friends) or just immature. I think we should move towards being accepting of people and story ideas. For that reason I say go for it! :3
                      Pretty much what this fellow said lol. Especially on the others teasing bit since gay jokes can only go so far nowadays anyways, they used to be funny back when we were still in middle school but now they're like Chuck Norris jokes if you ask me.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #12    
                      Old November 23rd, 2011 (10:37 PM).
                      Kura's Avatar
                      Kura Kura is offline
                      twitter.com/kuraberryart
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2004
                        Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
                        Age: 28
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Serious
                        Posts: 11,014
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Xulek View Post


                        Pretty much what this fellow said lol. Especially on the others teasing bit since gay jokes can only go so far nowadays anyways, they used to be funny back when we were still in middle school but now they're like Chuck Norris jokes if you ask me.
                        Yeah I wouldn't worry. That was actually my dilemma like.. a few days ago. I didn't know if I should've kept it friendship.. or like played up (one or both) of the characters' homosexuality.

                        Are you -planning- on writing something slash? (Is slash the right term? Or does slash mean sex in a fic? ._.) Or have you already written it and was wondering if you should post it up?

                        ._. Yeah.. just avoid the fellows who say that. Like I understand maybe they aren't interested in reading it, for example, but.. they shouldn't outright bash it. They should be supportive <3

                        :3 Good luck <3
                        __________________
                        ~Yuugiou Fan~
                        ~Kamen Rider Fan~
                        ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
                        Reply With Quote
                        Reply

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:54 AM.