• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I guess the Pokemon Trainer Academy had already a long story on going. :\ it's the main reason why I didn't SU when I saw it.

Most of what you've missed is character interaction. I wouldn't worry about it too much, as we still have quite a ways to go before the RP actually gets 'submerged' in the plot so to speak, and training is honestly extremely easy.

Regardless, if it still bugs you, that's fine. o-o

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
That's kind of the reason I don't join either xD I don't know where to jump in, what the story is...

Maybe I should just go play Yellow Version or something again xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
People should stop voting for me. I wanna give others a chance too. There are far more deserving people in categories if you just take a quick peak around.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
People should stop voting for me. I wanna give others a chance too. There are far more deserving people in categories if you just take a quick peak around.

Yes, it's obvious that I am far more deserving.

(cough lie cough)

SV, you should feel honoured, man! It means that you're well known and that people think you are almighty and we should bow down to your awesomenes...Yeah, maybe not.

And people are probably going to vote about people they know rather than people they just randomly see in another RP that they're just passing along through. You are fairly well known and are a good RP so, 1 + 1 = you getting votes! xD

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
I gotta agree with SV and this one, tho. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP VOTING FOR HIM!!! XD

I thought the RPAs wasn't a popularity contest? If you're gonna vote for one person you know well over and over, it IS a popularity contest. :/

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'm sorry Skymin, I haven't been around enough lately to know who to nominate for what >.< But all you others have no excuse! xD

OMG, you're alive!
Anyways . . . you could always vote for me in every category, lol. ;3 Do it, you know you want to, :P

@Wymsical - In the end it's kind of hard to avoid the popularity part. If the person is popular, you're more likely to have seen them around and see what kind of a RPer they are, whereas if they aren't as popular, you might be unfamiliar with their work so you're not going to vote for them.
Either way, I don't get many votes, lol. I need to try harder and prioritize better, lol. :P

Anyways, I think Plague could use some more RPers . . . the more the merrier, and a better chance you have of surviving a zombie apocalypse.

Wymsical

Years

OMG, you're alive!
Anyways . . . you could always vote for me in every category, lol. ;3 Do it, you know you want to, :P

@Wymsical - In the end it's kind of hard to avoid the popularity part. If the person is popular, you're more likely to have seen them around and see what kind of a RPer they are, whereas if they aren't as popular, you might be unfamiliar with their work so you're not going to vote for them.
Either way, I don't get many votes, lol. I need to try harder and prioritize better, lol. :P

Anyways, I think Plague could use some more RPers . . . the more the merrier, and a better chance you have of surviving a zombie apocalypse.

Well then, why do they keep saying it ISN'T?! X3 It is half a popularity contest then. A good way to avoid the popularity crap is to think about your votes instead of randomly casting them on people you know :/ Look around RPs and try to find someone ELSE worthy of your vote. If you keep voting for the same person over and over vegeta will choke on emblems nobody else will get a chance. :/

Zombie Apocalypse? Lame. Zombies are so yesterday. xD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I'm actually glad and sad that no one is voting for me. Glad because I've already won an award (a long time ago), so I don't really need another, but sad because it seems that none of the newbies really know me. xD

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Just a heads up guys, Atlantis Arising is still open to join if you are interested, the storyline is fluid enough so that others can join without disrupting much.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Just FYI for those looking to waste more... I mean RP more First Contact needs two more Pokemon players. Just thought I would spa... I mean advertise here.

Idea of the RP is future humans (who have almost all been wiped) crash land on a planet inhabited by Pokemon, who are much more intelligent than your normal Pokemon who get caught in balls. Basically the start of the RP will be the interaction of the two different races...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, I voted for johnny mcclain out of pure honesty, but if you don't want the award I can happily find another person deserving of it.!

And hear hear on Ichiro's atlantis comment. We need more members !!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Well, I tried my best not to make this RPA into a popularity contest. I have never RPed with Ichiro (hope I do though) yet I still voted for him her. :P To be honest, yeah, people STOP VOTING FOR VEGETA LOL

Idk, I feel there are a LOT of underrated RPers around. For example, anybody remember Xilfer123? He was a really good RPer but unfortunately no one voted for him (except Vegeta). Even Stingray, his RPs are original, his posts are good, but hardly anyone votes for him. In the end, it's about who is the most well known RPer around the Corner. lol

But at the same time, you're well known because you're active. Even if you have friends and all, if you just have a lotta friends and post once in a RP people won't vote for you. Activity around the Corner makes you well known, and that does contribute to the fact that you're a good RPer (to be a good RPer, you need to be active as well, which was noted a few pages back) but it's just not enough to make you win that prize and "Be the best".

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I sent a request for the facebook group! :)

also, let me *coughadvertisecough* my RP. The God's Plaything still has three more slots open!

@Michael: Are you still going to finish the SU? Thanks!

Wymsical

Years
@All you little rats Everyone: Hey! Did anyone just see what DeepImpact wrote!? That was heartbreaking... xD

I totally agree, people. And listen to me when I say this or else but we need to turn this from a popularity contest (which gets lame eventually because the same people just win over and over) And turn it into a real RPing X-Factor a real talent contest. :P

Edit: U were Ninja'd :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back