• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years

Went, you're stealing our weather, give it back. XDD

Its even more bi-polar than normal.

Because it keeps trying to get cold, and then stops and reverses.

It's happening in your part of Kansas, too? THAT KEEPS DRIVING ME NUTS. I'm like JUST STAY COLD ALREADYYYYY. @____@

I doubt we'll see snow for awhile. As someone who walks to work, I'm not going to complain too much. Yet.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Okay guys, it turns out sammi isn't as good a fencer as I am, SO I HAVE KILLED HER AND AM MOVING THE THREAD. This time it's going to.........

Spoiler:

Years
Ah PG, my first forum how have you been after all this time?

Anyways not surprising considering the heavy Kids promotion, established fanbase, and of course the simple yet intricate mechanics of Pokemon. :U

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm not too surprised, considering some of the other series that have lasted just as long or longer. It doesn't help that it's grown to be such a big franchise either. I think the better question is how longer are they going to pump things out to keep it up.

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Not surprised at all, actually. xD It was a major success when it hit America, it has a fan base consisting of both younger and newer fans, and older fans who have stuck with the series. Plus the games are simple enough for kids to enjoy, yet has humor and mechanics older people can enjoy. :3

I am more surprised in how long I personally have stayed interested in Pokemon, lol. My grandfather would have been right in saying I would be done with it be high school, if my brother hadn't been so interested in it. xD Now we keep each other interested. xD

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Generally speaking, who thought that pokemon would have lasted this long?
I'm not surprised at all. :P
Being one of the older group who have loved and still love the Pokemon franchise since I was kid I didn't think I would be interested for this long, but they keep reeling me back in. x]
Plus all the kids and new fans they're getting are probably going to keep Pokemon around for a while.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
Well, I'm not surprised, with all the merchandise, ads, promotions, and a large kid fan base, it was expected. I'm worried, however, about when will Game Freak/Nintendo start to tone it to older age groups.
As time goes on, things like the anime are getting childish and boring, and teh games are becoming simpler and dull.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The recent games aren't simple and dull, tyvm. It's much more complicated than RBGY and GSC combined, imo. :x

Years
I still enjoy that Poke-goodness to this day!

15 years and still young, Pokemon has changed Japanese gaming and anime forever.

And at PC, we talk all about it.

I remember that moment when I got Ruby in 2003, now I'm playing Black 8 years on and now I can name all the Pokemon!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I guess I'm kinda surprised that Pokemon has lasted this long, but I honestly can't remember a time without it, so I'll be even more surprised when it eventually leaves us.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Pokemon leaving us??? Please, don't say such horrible words!

I've played Pokemon since 1998 or so with Red and Blue. Pokemon has always been something I've loved. If it were to end.... I don't wanna think of that.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
I don't think there's ever going to be an end to Pokemon. I think it will just end suddenly when it stops being a decent source of income which will be well after there are too many Pokemon :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay, this thread has had quite a bit of time here, I think it's time for Pokemon Gaming Central!

Back