• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think it's a bunch of bull hooey because I wanted to name my character something with more than 7 characters. ;~;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's short, tbh. I wanted to name my character Anistorm, but it's one more letter...and I'm forced to like... take a letter off the name.

For Pokemon, I don't have a problem with 10 characters since I just add a Y after the name. xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't see why Pokemon get 10 spaces, but people get 7. It's kinda lame. Sucks for people with really long names.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
They won't end Pokemon for many years to come. It will have to come to a point, however when there are too many Pokemon.
I am really hoping they can go as far as 1,000 Pokemon, so a limit of 2-3 more Generations? That's what I'm sticking with when it comes down to the end..which I hope won't until...forever!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I don't see why Pokemon get 10 spaces, but people get 7. It's kinda lame. Sucks for people with really long names.

I agree, thankfully my real name "Latifah" has seven letters but my bestfriend has eight letters, and she can't put the 'E' in her last name which really sucks for her. They should at least change it to 12 for our names.

:t354:TG

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
7 letter names pride, bro! In all seriousness though the character limit is obviously too small. If they want to limit it to 10 then why not make it 10 for both? Is the difference necessary?
You'll never know if the limit is necessary until you ask one of the developers. :/

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
The developers probably didn't want anyone naming themselves Feraligatr or something :P

I'll ask the air too! Hello air, what gift would you like for Christmas?
lol jk

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I always pick names at random anyway. I use Andrew sometimes but my last two characters were called Drake and Lisa lol.

Totally forgot this thread existed btw.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
I always pick names at random anyway. I use Andrew sometimes but my last two characters were called Drake and Lisa lol.

Totally forgot this thread existed btw.

I always feel weird using a different name, occasionally I used to call myself Ash or Red but now it just has to be Charlie or my character feels wrong.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
yay i found this thread

I finally found a name which I'm probably gonna use more often for my chars which is YOH, I was so indecisive all the time so I just used different names. And AAAAA for Yellow LOL.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I thought this thread was dead or something...I couldn't find it anywhere!

I remember when this was on newbie introductions, everybody struggled for conversation. I had my haitus to talk about though.

And are we talking about character names? I named myself William for Platinum, Cody for Heartgold and all my ROMS, and for Black I had the sudden whim to become female and I named myself Sophie.

Back