• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Rom hacking editing past games

Are you able to rom hack and edit Pokemon pearl platinum diamond soul silver heart gold fire red leaf green and add the new black an white Pokemon into the games? By editing and Rom hacking? Thanks :).

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I started to edit Pokemon Platinum and Soulsilver. (Trainers and Pokemon) It's not easy to do but it's alot of fun because I can be creative. I like modifying them to make them more hard and fun.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I started to edit Pokemon Platinum and Soulsilver. (Trainers and Pokemon) It's not easy to do but it's alot of fun because I can be creative. I like modifying them to make them more hard and fun.

^ are you able to add univa region Pokemon to hacked edited roms?

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
no, i'm not able to do so, i don't how to do that type of hacking but it'll be awesome doing that

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I check pretty much every hack I can on the board. And I have to say.
Why people don't go crazy with the story?

Pretty much they take the "young man, adventure, 8 badges, champion" thingy and just change a couple things from there, switch up the style, region, names, minigames. But pretty much it's the same essence of Pokemon.

How about not do the 8 badges?, have a completely new mission?.
A hack about just going to contests and not gyms (Just giving a random example). Having diversity between hackroms.

I just think the majority of people want to do a hack that has everything in it and it's the same ol' Pokemon with a couple of changes, but the same essence... and that's just not that interesting, because they are all in the same lane, some diversity will be nice.

Or maybe I'm wrong, I know just a couple things about hacking so maybe asking for really drastic changes is not doable.

Years
Hey,
I'm a new hacker and I thought of a great Idea i think I will do. Hear me out
What about a remake sort of where I have fire red crystal version which i will remake and probably emerald which i will also remake. And some other stuff that will be my own creation all in one game!!!!!

Tell me what you guys think if you like this idea you should read my blog that I am making/made http: //preyliensblog.blogspot.com/ (there aren't spaces between the http: and the two dashes but this posting page wouldn't back space there)

Thanks guys I really want to hear what you say because i wont make it if nobody likes the idea

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
First of you need to sit down and learn what is and isn't possible to do in a hack, and what might be possible but would require a lot of time and effort to modify the game's programming to achieve.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Yeah, Before you make everyone think you're a complete newb, trying going through the site and looking around, and don't start a hack before you know at least a little, how to hack, because then it will be doomed to fail.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
So I pop in and out once every few months, I'm trying to get up to speed again.

What's the word on DS hacks? Are GBA hacks still the most popular around here or have we moved on?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years

What's the word on DS hacks? Are GBA hacks still the most popular around here or have we moved on?
GBA hacks are still way more commun. There are a few good DS hacks floating around - the one I'm most looking forward to is Aqua Saphire - but they're still pretty rare :(.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
What DS hacks would people recommend? are they any that are really far/completed (that are good.)

G33K

The guy you will someday work
Years
looking for a partnership

Hey I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this... but im going to try anyway.

Im a bit of a n00b when it comes to rom hacking but i do have some good knowledge of scripting, map editing, etc. and i want to make a pokemon ruby hack that Ive been trying to finish for a while now. Unfortunately, i am unable to do so due to my lack of enough experience and knowledge.

If anybody is interested in partnering up, PM me and ill give you a basis of my ideas and hopefully we can work something out.

thanks all:D

marcc5m

what
Years

There is progress, but it is really slow. There's currently a Map Editor being worked on in the Toolbox.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
It I wrong If I remakes Some Hack that people did?
Only add a few tiles.

Yes, it is wrong.

If you haven't asked the original creator and gotten their consent, then you have no right to remake/ alter their hack in any way shape or form as it's against the rules and common courtesy. Hack creators put a lot of time and effort into their hacks so they generally wish to keep everything about them under their own control.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
It I wrong If I remakes Some Hack that people did?
Only add a few tiles.

No, it is not wrong.

If you haven't asked the original creator and gotten their consent, it doesn't matter. You have every right to remake/ alter their hack in any way shape or form because that's what every hack is. Video game creators put a lot of time and effort into their games so they generally wish to keep everything about them under their own control. But who cares about them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back