• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
63. A few of my personal favorites would have to be Typhlosion and Zapdos due to how useful they were in my Soul Silver run.

Oh and the Youtube comment section is the worst idea since putting peanut butter on cole slaw.

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013
64. I heard that Evolite Chansey was better than Blissey now.

That and not many people use Salamence nowadays either.

On paper, yeah, Eviolite Chansey is much tougher than Bliss, but without lefties, it really can't stall for too long in a metagame with this many fighting types even with its buffed defenses. And that's why Chansey is still UU.

Mence just has a different metagame and other Pokemon that can take its role such as Hydreigon, Haxorus, and DW Dragonite. It's still dang good at what it did last gen, mixed sweeping. It's just that, like Latias and Latios as well, the new metagame made light of their power with all the new threats introduced and brought them down to the same realm as the rest of OU.

In other news, I do not have the patience to compare that many Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
On paper, yeah, Chansey is much tougher than Bliss, but without lefties, it really can't stall for too long even with its buffed defenses. And that's why Chansey is still UU.

Mence just has a different metagame and other Pokemon that can take its role such as Hydreigon, Haxorus, and DW Dragonite. It's still dang good at what it did last gen. It's just that, like Latias and Latios as well, the new metagame made light of its power to bring them down to the same realm as the rest of OU.

In other news, I do not have the patience to compare that many Pokemon.

Yeah I thought as much with Chansey vs Blissey, Blissey is more flexible with its movepool than Chansey not to mention Leftovers was one of the main selling points for Blissey too due to that particular item keeping Bliss alive in Sandstorms and Hail.

Oh okay that makes sense. TBH a Scarf Mence does sound pretty enticing right now although that may as well be outclassed by DD Mence altogether due to the same reasons why Specs Volcarona is entirely outclassed by Quiver Dance Volcarona.

And yes I know I have way too much time on my free hands to be brainstorming of this these kinds of topics to begin with lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
1. I still need to get Pokemon Black sometime soon if Grey or the Ruby/Sapphire remakes aren't gonna be announced by February.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

Once Baoba calls me again I'm so catching me a Larvitar and replacing my Furret with it. Then I'll have two pseudos on my team, but hey.

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013

I ordered a 3DS the other day because I want to get the Victini wi-fi event. Certainly doesn't hurt that RNG was cracked for 3DS not to long ago either. Ordered Blazblue CSII 3DS while I was at it because I love animu fightan. I can't wait for finals to be over. I want my swag now. ;_;

Last time I played HG/SS? It's been almost a year. I still have a Pokemon in my Pokewalker iirc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
4. I still need to get a 3DS but only if the RS remakes end up being 3DS exclusives then it's a necessity for me in that case.

Last Pokemon game I played was Heart Gold though, had a blast in Leaf Green.

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013

R/S remakes on 3DS pose an interesting question: Are they 5th gen games because of no new Pokemon introduced or are they 6th gen because new console?

Also, I hate to be that guy (tm), but aside from B/W, the last (and first) Pokemon game that ever immersed me was Silver. Mostly because connectivity to Pokemon Stadium 2 made it amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back