• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
@PkmnTrainerYellow: Maybe they'll get heart attacks when they see those posts like the old farts they are lD

Or just be all "WTF" and all. Yeah that's a much better reaction. Would be a shame to see a person get a heart attack from chat rp's =/

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
yeah so back from a short break... i think it was short, but I have one piece of good news. I only need to write getting to school and then my return is complete. I still need to post the cpature, but still either way I am finally goign to be able to get into this.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Kail Sugori

Nickname (Optional): None

Age (10-15): 14

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): *Note: Just use Silver's sprite as a base, Kail's appearance isn't a whole lot different* Kail is a tall and lean young man with a strong build. He is a little over six feet tall, easily making him capable of looking over others in a crowd. He has deep blue eyes obscured behind his wavy red hair that covers his eyes in the front and goes to just above his shoulders in the back. He has deep features and tanned skin. His usual outfit consists of a black overcoat with a red outline over a dark blue shirt, complimented by black jeans and occasionally dark sunglasses.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Kail pretends to be overly polite as to avoid making friends as he doesn't want to have bonds with anyone, mostly because he's afraid that if he gets too close to someone he'll lose control of his emotions. Also, while he respects his teachers' skills and acknowledges them as his superiors, he holds a certain level of hidden disdain for them as he feels like they undermine the skills of the students in the school despite many of the students being equally skilled in potential and are just without the experience. He's somewhat easily rattled internally but is extremely good at not showing it externally and in order to prevent pained looks in his eyes or other common signs of emotion he chooses not to act happy or sad but instead to remain monotone. However, unlike a lot of other common cliche emo-kids, he still acknowledges his own emotions and those of others and wishes on the inside that he could interract normally with them. Nonetheless, he's got one advantage through all this; he pays a lot of attention to Pokemon and tries hard to learn about them. While his knowledge base on Pokemon is extremely large and he's a very well-rounded trainer, he suffers from a disappreciation of his own skills and is not very ambitious.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Kail grew up in an average household in Viridian City with parents who worked in the local Pokemon Mart. Naturally, as any young boy would be, he was excited at the prospect of becoming a Pokemon trainer when he became old enough; and, as he desperately wanted to be, he eventually became a trainer. Despite his lack of experience, he took on the Pewter City Gym with only a just-captured Rattata and Charmander, who, by abusing a succesful Super Fang - Iron Claw combo, defeated the Gym Leader despite his obviously stronger Pokemon and greater experience. Brock reccomended to Kail's parents that he go to the Pokemon academy, and they agreed, with Kail only reluctantly going along with it. Before he left, he released Rattata and gave Charmander back to Professor Oak, knowing that he wouldn't be able to give them the adventure that they needed. Before he left, he broke all ties with any of his friends, knowing that if he kept them as friends then he would just cry about it when he got to the Academy. He was set on schedule to leave in half a year and spent the time studying everything he could about as many Pokemon as he could cram information about worldwide, and to his shock, after sleeping less than four hours a night every night for six months, he managed to ace both sections of the Academy entrance exams, earning him a place in the Suicune Dorm.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Larvitar
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Larvitar is very happy-go-lucky, friendly, and loyal. However, he is sometimes disappointed in Kail for not making more friends and generally acts out said opinion, embarrassing Kail.
Lvl(Max 20): 20
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Leer, Sandstorm, Rock Slide, Dragon Dance, Stealth Rock

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
That depends on Yellow. For one, if I'm rejected then a position is open, but also there are free teacher positions. Yellow's also thinking of expanding if they fill up, so that may be there, but honestly I don't entirely know. We'll have to wait for Yellow to come on for us to see.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@DeathGodKyo: Sorry about the delay. I always get second opinions on apps. :P Regardless, you're approved!~

@pokemonmaster_draco: Unfortunately we're not going to expand this time around. Me and Megaman765 are having enough difficulty keeping track of all the people we already have. |D We /may/ expand in the future again, but that would require a third GM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
Thanks a ton for the approval. How do you think I should start out? I think things are pretty heavy in the RP at the moment so maybe my character won't start taking classes until tomorrow. Maybe I'll just have him going to his dorm for now?

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Sorry, but I forgot to come around here and tell you all that I won't have a lot of access.

My computer got a bad virus and I sent it in at Best Buy. I won't be getting it until maybe Christmas, or so we hope. I'll try to post when I can, but I won't have a lot of opportunities.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@PokeGirlJade: If there's nobody on the list, you just choose a teacher, preferably one of the general experts as long as they haven't already been chosen. (Which they haven't.)

@DeathGodKyo: You could do that, or you could have your character bump into one of the other characters not currently in class. My two characters Olivia nad Elizabeth for instance are not currently in class. (Given, the latter is a teacher.)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Thanks a ton for the approval. How do you think I should start out? I think things are pretty heavy in the RP at the moment so maybe my character won't start taking classes until tomorrow. Maybe I'll just have him going to his dorm for now?

My person, Isaac, is jsut getting back to school after heading home whne his uncle got sick. He'll be at the docks by this IRL evening I hope.

picture.php

I made this last night. what ya think? its supposed to be issac.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
Hey, just an update! I know I newly joined, however I will need to make a semi-absence note. I'll be here as often as I can, but that won't be so often as I'm going to visit my dad in Florida in a few weeks but I won't have much internet access. Thanks for the read!
~DeathGodKyo

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I think I kinda need to drop out of this RP. It's just going a bit to fast...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Update for N's team:

Species: Zekrom
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Lvl(Max 50): 52 (It's. . . kinda the same level as it was in the game. At least the level didn't increase over the years but whatever works)
Ability: Teravolt
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
Fusion Bolt (Electric, Physical), Zen Headbutt (Psychic, Physical), Light Screen (Psychic, Status), Giga Impact (Normal, Physical), Bolt Strike (Electric, Physical), Draco Meteor (Dragon, Special)

Species: Zoroak
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Lvl(Max 50): 50
Ability: Illusion
Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Night Slash, Retaliate, Night Daze, Double Team

Species: Carracosta
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Sturdy
Stone Edge, Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Crunch, Hydro Pump, Surf

Species: Archeops
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Defeatist
Sone Edge, Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Rock Slide, Thrash

Species: Vanilluxe
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Icebody
Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Hail, Frost Breath, Ice Beam, Frost Breath

Species: Klinklang
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Plus
Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, ThunderBolt, Hyperbeam, Volt Switch, Shift Gear

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Updating Jimmy's Team. As you can see, Grim gained one level from the "battle" against that Bryce kid and learned a new move which will be used later on.

Team:

109.png

Smokey (Koffing ♂) - Lv 23
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Psybeam, Smog, Selfdestruct, Poison Gas, Tackle.

355.png

Grim (Duskull ♀) - Lv 17
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Confuse Ray, Dark Pulse, Astonish, Night Shade, Disable, Pain Split.

096.png

Starr (Drowzee ♂) - Lv 16
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Confusion, Headbutt, Pound, Hypnosis, Disable.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Yea! I finally get to update Isaac's team:

Species: Quilava

picture.php

Nickname(Optional): Raizer
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Raizer being Isaac's starter is very close to him. Having spent a year and a half as Isaac's only pokemon he has full confidence in his trainer. He does often worry about how stress Isaac can get after a plan fails, especially since Isaac isn't the only one making mistakes. Raizer is very confident in his skills, and often over does it when battling which wears him out and makes him an easy target.
Lvl: 19(went up one)
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): smokescreen, ember, quick attack, dig, double team, aerial ace

Species: Trapinch

picture.php

Nickname(Optional): Ace
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):

Ace is mute, and thusly has had to learn to convey his thoughts and ideas through other sources. Because he is mute Ace often tries to take in as much detail as he can before reacting since it is so difficult to communicate.
Lvl: 18 (went up one)
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): bite, faint attack, sand attack, sandstorm, dig, earthquake

Species: Duskull

(has a blue eye instead of red. Seemed so basic I didn't bother with a picture.)

Nickname(Optional): Specter
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):

Specter is a very curious pokemon and investigates everything he finds. Often he'll follow new people around to learn about them, but in the end either creeps them out too much or gets them really angry.

Lvl(Max 20): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): night shade, disable, confuse ray, shadow ball, dark pulse, thief

Species: Torkoal

appearence: overall darker coloration

Nickname: Cauldero

Personality: so far Isaac knows little of what his new pokemon is like. For the most part Cauldero seems laid back and reletivly uninterested in anything other then eating, sleeping, and more eating. You'd think he was a snorlax, but Cauldero does atleast walk around with Isaac when sent out from his pokeball.

Lvl: 15
Moves: body slam, rock tomb, ember, smog, rest, sleep talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back