The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Tool [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Old November 12th, 2011 (10:37 AM).

Hi, this is great tool, but can you make something like this tool for androids? I wan't to make some maps then i am at school. :)
    Old November 14th, 2011 (1:07 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by honorum646 View Post
      Just you.

I have my own question, when I try to select the tilesets, 12 and 0 together to make an interior of a building, whenever I attempt to place a tile, a multitude of tiles nearby it get edited as well.
      Above the map, there is a toolbar with a row of icons. Each icon changes what happens when you click on a tile. One of them acts like a "Fill Tile" icon -- click on a chunk of blocks that use the same tile, and they all change. Make sure this isn't the one you have selected.
      Old November 16th, 2011 (5:04 PM).

I got 1.92 to work, but 1.95 doesn't work with linux. I think that for now I'm stuck using 1.92. I hope you can still offer support for 1.92...
        Old November 23rd, 2011 (6:41 AM).
        Graphix Master

Nature: Relaxed
          what would we do without advance map? it really is the basis for all hacks, and is often the program hackers first get into.
          Old November 23rd, 2011 (9:59 PM).
          The World's Worst Hacker

Nature: Quirky
            I have been looking for a solution to this but nobody has answer to this: the DNS fails to save the edited date in AM1.95 for a selected time of the day (ie. saving wild pokemon data for night-time). All it does is save the data to the entire day, not the specific time of the day. Any ideas? Please help
            Old November 24th, 2011 (8:03 AM).
            Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by slowbro42 View Post
              I have been looking for a solution to this but nobody has answer to this: the DNS fails to save the edited date in AM1.95 for a selected time of the day (ie. saving wild pokemon data for night-time). All it does is save the data to the entire day, not the specific time of the day. Any ideas? Please help
              I'm fairly certain that's because A-Map doesn't currently support Day and Night Split Pokémon, although I could be wrong. I posted routines in the R&D section (if I remember right) and a short guide on how to actually use the DNS to have differing Pokémon at different times.

Anyway, I had a little suggestion to make to Lu-Ho for the full release of 1.95. I'm hoping he'll at least take it into consideration. As you may have noticed, I recently released a patch which adds the new Pokémon from generations 4 and 5 into a FireRed rom. However, A-Map is not compatible with the patch for editing wild Pokémon because the number of Pokémon in the ROM is set somewhere inside A-Map's coding, and not read from the ROM itself.

What I propose you could do is to read the length of the Pokédex from the ROM instead, rather than having a fixed length in the coding. I did a little research and found a possible INI point for BPR and BPG:

00 04 01 0C A1 42 04 D8 48 00 C0 18 00 88 90 42 F5 D1 XX 48 81 42 08 D0 48 1C 00 04 00 0C 05 E0

(The XX is 04 in all ROMs I have checked, but may differ in other languages)

This string appears twice in BPR and BPG, both of which are right after each other (more or less) and both of which have the same limiter basically right after it. The limiter appears in the second 4-byte aligned set of bytes after this string. It is the number of "legit" Pokémon in the ROM (so not including missingno). Simply add 1 to this number, and you can easily get the number of Pokémon in the ROM using an INI.

This is for BPR and BPG (all languages as far as I can tell). The same string of hex commands also appears in BPE and AXV, so it's a fairly safe assumption that it's also in AXP.

Hopefully you'll at least consider this idea. It will probably be much more work than I'm giving it credit for, but it would be a good idea in terms of future proofing A-Map for when it becomes more common for hacks to have added Pokémon.
              Old November 24th, 2011 (8:21 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                Or he could just let us edit the amount of Pokemon that show up in the ini file, like you can with Wichu's Sprite Editor and Pokemon Game Editor.
                Old November 25th, 2011 (6:54 AM).
                Legend

Nature: Naive
                  I have two questions: one -when editing wild pokemon, how do you differentiate between what Rod they are found with through fishing?
                  two -I'm confused as to how to edit their rarities. What does "Encounter Ratio" specifically mean? also what does the expand button do?
                  Old November 27th, 2011 (10:37 AM).
                  The World's Worst Hacker

Nature: Quirky
                    @swiftgallade46
                    1) Doesn't it clearly show you the rod type's encounter ratio? I mean the first two pokemon slots under Fishing rod pokemon show Old rod as 70% (1stpokemon) and 30% (2ndpokemon)
                    2)you cant edit them. And the encounter ratio is just how often the pokemon appear percentage wise
                    Old November 27th, 2011 (12:12 PM). Edited November 27th, 2011 by swiftgallade46.
                    Legend

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by slowbro42 View Post
                      @swiftgallade46
                      1) Doesn't it clearly show you the rod type's encounter ratio? I mean the first two pokemon slots under Fishing rod pokemon show Old rod as 70% (1stpokemon) and 30% (2ndpokemon)
                      2)you cant edit them. And the encounter ratio is just how often the pokemon appear percentage wise
                      I dont have that.... maybe I don't have the latest version. I have 1.90
                      *EDIT* Yup I downloaded 1.95. Thanks a lot!
                      Old November 27th, 2011 (7:36 PM).

I love Advance Map... except every thing is upside down.
                        Other than that its been really helpful.
                        My maps will not stay together, but I'm probably the blame for that.
                        Keep up the good work though, nice beta nonetheless.
                        Do you have a scripting tool I could use?
                        Old November 28th, 2011 (5:38 AM).
                        C(++) Developer.

Nature: Timid
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by boys View Post
                        It's upside down? I think this bug was reported way long ago, and a fix was achieved, maybe.

Also-- in the toolbox is XSE, and PKSV. I would not recommend unleashing the Hell known as Pokescript. :)

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
                        and push it,
                        until my luck is over.
                        Old November 28th, 2011 (6:08 AM).
                        hiiiii

Nature: Calm
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by boys View Post
                          Actually, I know the reason of this:
                          You're using a Mac. A-map works best on Windows. Try using it on Windows or something instead.
                          Old November 28th, 2011 (6:35 AM).
                          Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                            Or he could just let us edit the amount of Pokemon that show up in the ini file, like you can with Wichu's Sprite Editor and Pokemon Game Editor.
                            That would undoubtedly be easier XD. I was only suggestion the above because it's in keeping with Lu-Ho's general philosophy of keeping the programme working with all ROMs at all times, because A-Map would automatically work out how many Pokémon it would need to cater for as soon as the ROM was opened.
                            Old November 30th, 2011 (6:11 PM). Edited December 2nd, 2011 by swiftgallade46.
                            Legend

I keep getting an error that says " ERROR: (ENOTAPointer)AdvanceMap Error(5): value $810A05 is not a Pointer! " (the offset shown is different everytime I see the error) can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it? :S
                              Old December 10th, 2011 (10:18 PM).

I have two issues.

First one is with adding new maps. In Pokemon Emerald, I added new maps in 0.57, 0.58, 0.59, 0.60, 0.61, 0.62, 0.63, 0.64, 0.65, 0.66, 0.67, 0.68, 0.69, and 0.70. The problem is when I load these maps in-game, map 0.57 is always displayed, no matter if I warp into 0.70. I looked into the professional header, and noticed that these two highlighted values are always the same in these inserted maps. All the other maps have unique values, with the exception of PokeMarts, PokeCenters, and a few repeated buildings.

The second issue is with saving and loading blocks for TileSet 2. It seems as if it saves only the first TileSet Blocks, even if you tell the program to save TileSet 2 Blocks exclusively. This in turn makes me unable to import TileSet 2 blocks, so I have to make the blocks manually. Not a big problem like the first one, but just a minor annoyance.

Anyways, keep up the good work.
                                Old December 12th, 2011 (8:30 AM).
                                The Fanciful Cerberus The Fanciful Cerberus is offline

I'm sorry if someone has asked this already, but I'm having some problems saving with advancemap. I'll save my changes to my map, but when I load the rom they won't be changed and upon reopening the rom in advance map the changes will still show up. What's baffling is that it used to save them perfectly fine, but suddenly started being defiant. Even saving the whole of the rom in another location leaves me with the same results. The edited map opens in advancemap, but not in the rom. The only thing I can think of that I changed is that I had to switch how VisualBoyAdvance saves because it refused to allow me to save my data in-game, but I can't imagine that would have any effect and changing it back did nothing. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be most appreciated.
                                  Old December 27th, 2011 (7:03 PM). Edited December 27th, 2011 by cosmifox.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Josh 443 View Post
                                    My senses tell me that something is wrong. It could be that I'm using WINE to run it. Does anyone know if this works on the windows 8 dev preview, because I will be installing that soon.
                                    i used to run it on my MAC with wine but that only happened in the movement permissions i didnit bother with that because i got my PC(i mean the computer) working again so you should find a better version of wine or get a PC (i like MACs and my MAC and PC are connected to the same hard drive:)
                                    Old December 28th, 2011 (12:20 PM).

Thank you so much LU-HO you have made making connections 100 times easier.
                                      But what do you mean when you say you can "insert tiles". I thought you can do that in the old advanced maps also?
                                      Old December 28th, 2011 (12:33 PM).
                                      Sleeping soundly

Nature: Gentle
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by liladeel11 View Post
                                      Thank you so much LU-HO you have made making connections 100 times easier.
                                      But what do you mean when you say you can "insert tiles". I thought you can do that in the old advanced maps also?
                                      What he means is that you're able to create a entirely new fresh blank tileset instead of inserting it manually and wasting space the down part about 1.95 is that you can't insert tiles any other way then using paint.
                                      Old December 29th, 2011 (5:18 PM).

Oh no, the link is broken! I can't download the new version :'(
                                        Old December 31st, 2011 (11:36 AM).

Nature: Serious
                                          I noticed that too...
                                          I hope it'll be up again soon, none of the advancemap pages seem to be working.

--------------------------------------------------
                                          Projects I support:
                                          FireRed 649 Patch
                                          Chaos Rush's DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
                                          Old January 1st, 2012 (9:20 AM).
                                          Struedelmuffin Struedelmuffin is offline

I'm so confused. All download links take me to this "no-ip" thing and it's basically just a worthless search engine style advertisement fest. I never have this problem with any other downloads for programs either.
                                            Old January 2nd, 2012 (8:35 AM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Ho-oh 112 View Post

Advance Map 1.95, .rar format.
                                              Downloaded, unzipped and when I've got to choose a language (you have to do that the first time you open AM) there's no language displayed and I'm stuck at that part.
                                              Old January 3rd, 2012 (2:18 PM).

I tried the link...some problems;
                                                Mcafee tried to block it, so I turned Mcafee off.
                                                When I went there, it redirected me to a scammy-looking web browser overloaded with ads, so I closed it all down.
                                                ^I'll try the .rar file download.

EDIT: Worked just fine for me~ YAY

Thanks so much, I love this program~ ^^

Quick Reply