• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
It's not as much of a "secret" topic as it used to be. I think that it's very immature to see sex as "gross". I guess it's just a more controversial topic because religion has so many rules about it and people are still religious. It's also taboo to talk about politics.

But really I think it all depends on the people you're around. My friends and I don't mind talking about sex openly when the topic comes around for example where as some people think it's forbidden to talk about.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I agree with you on the fact that younger teenagers can handle sex, yes. I don't think of young people as being lesser than older folks.. but I think they are also less unable to handle consequences (broken condom, breakup, etc) than of an older, more mature person. I do wish that younger teens were allowed to have the birth control pill, but oftentimes that's not the case because their bodies are still growing and the pill may affect growth, so they wouldn't have to worry as much over one consequence.. because accidental pregnancies are a difficult thing to handle no matter how old you are.

But I don't know about you, but ten or 8 years ago when I was 12 or 14.. I really wouldn't want myself having sex back then because I really don't know about it in the way I do now. Maybe sex becomes more complex as you get older? I don't know. I was chatting with a friend who's 30 about it just to get his opinion. He's non religious and believes that sex is even more complex than what I think it is. It's interesting to get that viewpoint. Maybe it really does get more complex the more you experience in the world.

Personally, I don't condone younger people having sex because many may think they're mature when most are not.. and they only come to realize that a couple years later, but at the same time I wouldn't stop them from doing it if it's consensual. I just hope in the future there is more support for them if they do find it (or its consequences) to be too complex.. and oftentimes there isn't good counseling for them because they are automatically frowned down upon.. and they really really shouldn't be. Kids need better sex education. Young teens need more freedom. If they are going to have sex they should be able to buy condoms without worrying of judgement.

You say it's primarily to feel good.. and that's where I want to raise a bit of an objection. It's easy for a boy to go through the motions and feel good, but it's not necessarily the same for the girl unless she's 100% willing and ready. Oftentimes if a 11-14 girl isn't, and will have at least some doubts, there is a strong possibility that sex with hurt for her. If she's not aroused enough, the vagina wont elongate enough, and the guy will hit her cervix. That's painful. If she's a virgin, hymen breakage is also painful. Where's the "feel good" in that? For the guy it's fun and games and it'll feel good, but for a girl it might not be so simple unless she's ACTUALLY truly ready for it. I am not sure you are taking everything into account.. but sure young teenages CAN understand the complexities of sex, yes. But can they always handle the implications..? I don't necessarily think so. But either way, having a law is a bit silly. The government has no place in the bedroom of its citizens.

You say it's not that complex that they can't handle it.. but you're not saying anything else to "back yourself up" about why you think that's true. The basic "to feel good" is just the icing on a very large cake, to me. You told ME to explain WHY they can't handle it, and I did twice. Now I ask you WHY you think that they can? You're just throwing claims at me. Shining Raichu did put it nicely himself, and he was making the same point that you are. However, I'm curious as to why you think this is the case. (Laws aside)

(I hope I'm not sounding rude with this last sentence.. but you asked me why and I delivered.. so I guess it's fair to ask YOU why, too.) :33
Sure, there are girls that aren't ready for it. My point is that the ones who seek it out are probably ready. See my earlier post where I said kids under 16 or so should have to apply for a permit; they wouldn't seek out a permit if they didn't actively want to have sex.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Sure, there are girls that aren't ready for it. My point is that the ones who seek it out are probably ready. See my earlier post where I said kids under 16 or so should have to apply for a permit; they wouldn't seek out a permit if they didn't actively want to have sex.
Lol a permit to have sex? That's ridiculous.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I'm going to take a dangerous position on this. Sure hope it doesn't screw me over when I'm trying to get a job in the future, but I think it needs to be said.

Age of consent should be abolished. Here's what I think we should do: replace it with some sort of "sex permit." Once you're 18 (or at whatever point most people are out of puberty by), you don't need one, but if you want to have sex before then, you need to undergo a psychological evaluation or something (not face-to-face so as to avoid bias on the part of the examiner). If you're deemed mature enough to handle it, then you're granted the permit. If you get caught doing it without a license, you and your partner are required to do community service.
People are just going to be more sneaky about it. It's not like it's a public act in most cases anyway. Age of consent is in place for a good reason. The bodies of female children are not ready for childbirth and they probably couldn't handle a baby on their own anyway and would need the help of their own parents. Community service isn't a bad punishment for people having consensual sex under the age though. It's better than being on a list as a sex offender. But seriously here, you can't expect people to apply for a permit to have sex as a kid. Who's going to drive them to the office to get the paper work? Their parents? Yeah right. Besides, there could be people who could actually force kids to get a sex permit so that it wouldn't be considered as bad when they make them prostitute themselves.

Years
Desiring sex isn't the same thing as being ready to have sex. I can be, but it isn't a direct consequence.

Let me give an example. A friend of mine has a younger sister (around 14) who understood that if she batted her eyes at men and wore her short skirts and so on that she'd get their attention. She knew what sex was, but did not know that what she did could be perceived as a sexual advance even when she did not mean it to be. That's a danger all by itself. Coupled with the fact that she was flirting with men who were older than her (where there potential for a power imbalance is greater) it meant, to me, that she was not ready for sex. My friend thought so too, so he tried to sit her down and talk to her so she'd know how to keep herself safe.

I understand that at some point you have to just jump in with whatever knowledge and preparation you have, but I think age of consent laws and the like are in place to give people the chance to make sure they are ready enough. That people who are ready are prevented from having sex (legally, at least) is unfortunate, but I believe that there would be more harm done if people who were unprepared are taken advantage of and/or make mistakes that could have been avoided if they'd had more time/knowledge/maturity.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Scarf stole the words right from my mouth!

But yeah.. it's essentially that. That's also a part that makes sex a complex, too. Twocows, I'm wondering, since you didn't touch upon it in your response, why you think sex ISN'T complex? Not "isn't complex that teenagers can't understand it" but.. what are those complexities that you think they CAN understand and handle? Are there any complexities that you think they can't handle? That was more what I was asking.. sorry if the wordiness earlier lead you in a different direction with your response ;o;!

twocows

Years
People are just going to be more sneaky about it. It's not like it's a public act in most cases anyway. Age of consent is in place for a good reason. The bodies of female children are not ready for childbirth and they probably couldn't handle a baby on their own anyway and would need the help of their own parents. Community service isn't a bad punishment for people having consensual sex under the age though. It's better than being on a list as a sex offender. But seriously here, you can't expect people to apply for a permit to have sex as a kid. Who's going to drive them to the office to get the paper work? Their parents? Yeah right. Besides, there could be people who could actually force kids to get a sex permit so that it wouldn't be considered as bad when they make them prostitute themselves.
Who said anything about childbirth? Sex doesn't have to be for childbirth, you know. I'd be fine with making a requirement of such a permit be "you are required to use contraception." And I'm sure they could just walk to the city office or catch a ride with a friend or something, it's not that hard to get around. My parents had to walk a couple of miles to get to school every morning; kids these days could do with the exercise.

As for people forcing that, that would still be considered rape or prostitution. There are already laws about things like that.

Desiring sex isn't the same thing as being ready to have sex. I can be, but it isn't a direct consequence.

Let me give an example. A friend of mine has a younger sister (around 14) who understood that if she batted her eyes at men and wore her short skirts and so on that she'd get their attention. She knew what sex was, but did not know that what she did could be perceived as a sexual advance even when she did not mean it to be. That's a danger all by itself. Coupled with the fact that she was flirting with men who were older than her (where there potential for a power imbalance is greater) it meant, to me, that she was not ready for sex. My friend thought so too, so he tried to sit her down and talk to her so she'd know how to keep herself safe.
That'd take 15 minutes to solve, tops, and it could be a requirement of the "permit" I talked about earlier.

I understand that at some point you have to just jump in with whatever knowledge and preparation you have, but I think age of consent laws and the like are in place to give people the chance to make sure they are ready enough.
The whole problem with age of consent is that it's arbitrary and causes more problems than it solves. People are ready at different times; making an absolute cutoff for age of consent is just asinine. I'm proposing a way to fix the problems with it.

That people who are ready are prevented from having sex (legally, at least) is unfortunate, but I believe that there would be more harm done if people who were unprepared are taken advantage of and/or make mistakes that could have been avoided if they'd had more time/knowledge/maturity.
I believe my solution would solve both sets of problems.

Scarf stole the words right from my mouth!

But yeah.. it's essentially that. That's also a part that makes sex a complex, too. Twocows, I'm wondering, since you didn't touch upon it in your response, why you think sex ISN'T complex? Not "isn't complex that teenagers can't understand it" but.. what are those complexities that you think they CAN understand and handle? Are there any complexities that you think they can't handle? That was more what I was asking.. sorry if the wordiness earlier lead you in a different direction with your response ;o;!
Enumerate the "complexities" you're talking about and I'll go through and say what I think about each.

Years
Enumerate the "complexities" you're talking about and I'll go through and say what I think about each.
If I may step in and give one: consent.

Consent doesn't have to be a complex issue, but it can be tricky sometimes. First, there is basic ignorance around the topic. Some people don't understand that a person who is intoxicated or unconscious can't give consent. Then there are instances where how consenting a person is changes over the course of an encounter. On the whole topic of people having sex when they don't want to you have instances where someone may not necessarily want to have sex or want to as often as their partner but may feel they have to in order to maintain the relationship. In a case like the last example you're talking about all kinds of power dynamics through a prism of sex.

The point is that it's important that someone knows how to navigate through these potential issues or else you risk someone being taken advantage of over misunderstandings and miscommunication (or worse, from a willful act). Or someone could get their feelings hurt, which isn't as serious, but it's still worth consideration. It's complex because you can't be taught how to do all that.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

Honestly.. that's a confusing question for me.. like.. what isn't complex? The physical motions of sex? It's still complex to me, like I said. Arousal, mutual desire, confidence, peer pressure, pain, consequences, consent, anxiety, body image, the social aspect of sex such as rumors, etc. god the list goes on.. rather.. what do you think ISN'T complex so I can try to understand you.

Either way I don't know how someone else can deem you mature or not for a permit. I mean.. even with physical checkups, doctors diagnose you with different things with the same symptoms.. and psychologists are expensive. What kid at 13/14 will have that sort of money for a psychological evaluation and then spend more money to get the permit filed and printed? How is that feasible? I get that it has good intentions in that you may be screening people who are ready.. but how could you control people who don't have permits from having sex?

And I'm sure they could just walk to the city office or catch a ride with a friend or something, it's not that hard to get around.

Well.. you're not really considering a lot of places. For me to have driven from my old house to downtown Toronto (where I would most likely have to file the paperwork) takes only half an hour. But to walk.. would take about a day and a half to two days.. because of the motorway.

But let's say you can file it at a drug store. Ok.. well what about places like West Virginia? Arizona? Yeah.. walk through the desert or through the mountains.

That would be quite hard to get around. I dont think anyone wants their 10 year old boy or girl walking through a forest or on the side of the highway by themselves. Sorry.. ;o;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I guess teenage pregnancy (just one example of consequences of having sex in earlier ages) is not a complex situation, after all.

From my personal experience, I'd definitely say that a normal 13-14 year old teenager can't take sex seriously. When I was in sex ed portion of health class, when the teacher showed us a picture of... *youknow*, everybody in the class giggled, and teacher had to warn us multiple times to get us to stop.

Unnecessary sarcasm is unnecessary.

You've missed the entire point of my post. What I was saying was that while I don't personally believe that sex is a complicated thing (and while teen pregnancy is a complex situation, it is somewhat separate to what I'm talking about), I understand that other people feel differently. However the point I was making was what does it matter what any of us think? Why do we think we have the right to make laws telling other people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies based on what we believe?

Also, the fact that 13-14 year olds giggle during an awkward class room environment where a teacher who nobody would want to think of in a sexual context is trying to teach you about sex does not necessarily mean that they are unprepared to handle the act itself. I think the giggling would be more to do with the awkward dynamic in the classroom rather than the inability to fathom what to do with the parts.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

You've missed the entire point of my post. What I was saying was that while I don't personally believe that sex is a complicated thing (and while teen pregnancy is a complex situation, it is somewhat separate to what I'm talking about), I understand that other people feel differently. However the point I was making was what does it matter what any of us think? Why do we think we have the right to make laws telling other people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies based on what we believe?

Yeah I agree.. if that was true just imagine! If the traditional christian or catholic church ran.. No sex before marriage is LAW!! .O. Gay sex is BANNED!
Yeah.. no.. laws should only come in when it involves something that was violated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I'm going to take a dangerous position on this. Sure hope it doesn't screw me over when I'm trying to get a job in the future, but I think it needs to be said.

Age of consent should be abolished. Here's what I think we should do: replace it with some sort of "sex permit." Once you're 18 (or at whatever point most people are out of puberty by), you don't need one, but if you want to have sex before then, you need to undergo a psychological evaluation or something (not face-to-face so as to avoid bias on the part of the examiner). If you're deemed mature enough to handle it, then you're granted the permit. If you get caught doing it without a license, you and your partner are required to do community service.

Why not?
Whoa. Asex permit? Seriously? Doesn't the notion of government issued sex-permits seem ridiculous to you? Why should they have any control over your access to sex?

What is "mature enough"? It's so vague that it'll easily be open to abuse. Not to mention that psychologists can hardly be trusted anyway - everyone has their own agenda.

The lack of face to face is also a negative, since anyone could fill in the appropriate form and send it in on behalf of a young teenager. Never mind that you won't necessarily avoid bias that way anyway.

Is there an age restriction on when the evaluation can be taken? If so, wouldn't that just be another form of AoC?

The whole idea just makes things needlessly more complex. Just lower the AoC laws. If someone wants to have sex, they'll do it, regardless of the laws anyway.

All this would do is create more trouble for people and more bureaucracy for the government to waste money and time on.

Zet

Years
I know that the current Age of Consent is good but personally I think it should be lowered to stop all this consensual rape ******** that some people abuse just so they can get money. I know that not everyone does this but, this is the case most of the time. Since girls can make themselves look older than they really are, just to lure and trap men into a living hell.

I could probably have worded this better but, oh well.

All this would do is create more trouble for people and more bureaucracy for the government to waste money and time on.
Have they done anything else useful besides that one time?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
A similar point to the swearing and censorship thread, why is sex such a controversial subject for youth in the first place? One of the very reasons for it being an area of interest for youngsters is the fact that it's forbidden to them.

Teenage pregnancy has only become an area of concern in recent decades. No wonder, really, when you consider the media is incredibly sexual, people are conditioned to be interested in sex, and then there's an outcry when there's a "problem" with underage sex. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if there's an ulterior motive amongst those in power when you look at the whole picture; teenage pregnancy is a hot topic of discussion everywhere, in the news, television, in politics. Things like this don't just happen for no reason, but I digress.

The current way in which society treats sex is incredibly contradictory. Society throws sex around everywhere to the point where it is unavoidable, the majority of children will learn about sex at a very young age; and then most of the time they are immediately taught that it's something that is dirty, forbidden, and is to be avoided, which only raises interest in it. We can either go back to our traditional ways and keep sex entirely private in every way possible; or, a more reasonable solution, forget about teaching abstinence, secrecy, and maintaining the "innocence" of children, and amend the age of consent laws whilst focusing entirely on safe sex practices. If there's no risk of pregnancy or STDs, then is there really anything wrong with having sex at all?

twocows

Years
Writing this at 6:30 am, might be a little nonsensical, I dunno.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not a social planner or politician or whatever. What I'm trying to do is create a discussion about the issue. People aren't acknowledging this as a problem, let alone discussing a solution. I'm trying to propose something that would at least work and solve the main problem, even if it's not practical to implement. A proof of concept, if you will.

Also, this isn't just about sex. I think that anyone should be able to apply for adult status under the law and, provided they show they're ready for it, obtain that status some way. The government thinks we're ready to have sex at 16, die for our country at 18, and get drunk at 21. Why? That doesn't make any sense to me.

If I may step in and give one: consent.

Consent doesn't have to be a complex issue, but it can be tricky sometimes. First, there is basic ignorance around the topic. Some people don't understand that a person who is intoxicated or unconscious can't give consent. Then there are instances where how consenting a person is changes over the course of an encounter. On the whole topic of people having sex when they don't want to you have instances where someone may not necessarily want to have sex or want to as often as their partner but may feel they have to in order to maintain the relationship. In a case like the last example you're talking about all kinds of power dynamics through a prism of sex.

The point is that it's important that someone knows how to navigate through these potential issues or else you risk someone being taken advantage of over misunderstandings and miscommunication (or worse, from a willful act). Or someone could get their feelings hurt, which isn't as serious, but it's still worth consideration. It's complex because you can't be taught how to do all that.
I'll grant intoxication, but that's hardly complex. As for the rest, it seems pretty simple to me: yes means yes, no means no. All the stuff about relationship dynamics doesn't matter; same rule applies. It wouldn't be any different for adults.

Honestly.. that's a confusing question for me.. like.. what isn't complex? The physical motions of sex? It's still complex to me, like I said. Arousal, mutual desire, confidence, peer pressure, pain, consequences, consent, anxiety, body image, the social aspect of sex such as rumors, etc. god the list goes on.. rather.. what do you think ISN'T complex so I can try to understand you.
I'll give you that social dynamics can complicate things (you could have just said that's what you were talking about to begin with), but I still think it's unfair to prevent two consenting individuals from having sex based on that alone. And I was hoping that the process of getting a permit that I talked about earlier would be rigorous enough to separate people who may have been coerced into it.

Either way I don't know how someone else can deem you mature or not for a permit. I mean.. even with physical checkups, doctors diagnose you with different things with the same symptoms.. and psychologists are expensive. What kid at 13/14 will have that sort of money for a psychological evaluation and then spend more money to get the permit filed and printed? How is that feasible? I get that it has good intentions in that you may be screening people who are ready.. but how could you control people who don't have permits from having sex?
You're right, I guess. It would be nearly impossible to implement without at least a bit of tax money and there's not a chance in hell of taxpayers paying for something like that. But the point is, there has to be a better solution than the one we have now. I think my idea is a step in the right direction, even if I don't have the political know-how to make it work. I think individual rights should not be granted at an arbitrary age and that's the important idea here. There needs to be a discussion about this at the very least.

Whoa. Asex permit? Seriously? Doesn't the notion of government issued sex-permits seem ridiculous to you? Why should they have any control over your access to sex?
It's more like a "permission" thing that becomes irrelevant once you're 16. I think it's a fair trade to require evaluation of people who want special privileges before the legal limit. The important thing is letting people below the arbitrary age have some way of showing they're mature enough to handle adult responsibilities.

What is "mature enough"?
A stringent list of questions would be asked to get an idea of the situation surrounding the request for adult status.

The lack of face to face is also a negative, since anyone could fill in the appropriate form and send it in on behalf of a young teenager. Never mind that you won't necessarily avoid bias that way anyway.
The evaluation would still be performed live in a standardized facility. The two sides just wouldn't see each other.
Is there an age restriction on when the evaluation can be taken?
No, though there would need to be some way to screen out people who were obviously not ready to save on funds.

The whole idea just makes things needlessly more complex. Just lower the AoC laws. If someone wants to have sex, they'll do it, regardless of the laws anyway.
The problem of an arbitrary limit still exists. The problem with laws in general is that you're trying to ascribe arbitrary rules to something as complex as human psychology and behavior (in this case, maturity). This is one case where I feel it has a real negative impact on nearly everyone at some point. I may not have the best solution, but the important thing is that I think there needs to be a dialogue on it, and it's something that doesn't even get discussed because politicians are too worried about their reputations.

Like I said, I think the most important thing is to talk about the issue and get some ideas up. Most people don't even acknowledge this as a problem, but it definitely causes some very real harm.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
It's more like a "permission" thing that becomes irrelevant once you're 16. I think it's a fair trade to require evaluation of people who want special privileges before the legal limit. The important thing is letting people below the arbitrary age have some way of showing they're mature enough to handle adult responsibilities.
Having sex is a privilege now? Using your body the way it was intended require government approval? You don't find that ridiculous at all, to require people to have a sex permit like a drivers license?

A stringent list of questions would be asked to get an idea of the situation surrounding the request for adult status.

No, though there would need to be some way to screen out people who were obviously not ready to save on funds.
That is still very arbitrary, even more so than the current AoC.

The problem of an arbitrary limit still exists. The problem with laws in general is that you're trying to ascribe arbitrary rules to something as complex as human psychology and behavior (in this case, maturity). This is one case where I feel it has a real negative impact on nearly everyone at some point. I may not have the best solution, but the important thing is that I think there needs to be a dialogue on it, and it's something that doesn't even get discussed because politicians are too worried about their reputations.

Like I said, I think the most important thing is to talk about the issue and get some ideas up. Most people don't even acknowledge this as a problem, but it definitely causes some very real harm.
I think you're overstating the importance of this "problem" and then trying to over complicate it. Heck, the presumption that sex is a psychological thing is just too much - when your body is ready, that's it. You don't have to be in a certain state of mind to have sex, or meet anyone's arbitrary standards of maturity - your body just has to be physically mature. It's how everyone ever, since the dawn of humanity, has known someone is ready. Adding anything else just to please whingers is just pointless. It''s how we got into this current situation in the first place.

Your problem is the different privileges we're afforded by the government based upon age, which you consider arbitrary, correct? Why then do you propose a solution that requires MORE government involvement? In the instance of sex, for instance, I'd rather everyone get married first, but to have the government enforce that would be absolutely ridiculous. Take the government hands out of it, and let families and individuals decide upon what they want to do, how they want to raise their kids, what they'll accept in their communities, etc. What you're proposing is way too much and will actually go against your desires in the end.

How often do they even enforce AoC laws anyway? It shouldn't even be an issue because there is barely anyone who even cares.

the restriction against those under-21 drinking actually isn't that bad though - 21 is the age your liver stops developing, iirc. It is the last of all your organs to finish developing.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
Hmm sex probably is not as common as terrorism, murder, drug abuse, domestic violence, and suicide because sex is a personal thing between two people (or more I suppose) and you should have the choice whether or not to talk about it if you desire. Doesn't mean anyone is going to listen nor care. As stated before, we don't want to hear about it but we also don't need to know what you ate last night, etc. End of Story. (Probably should have worded that better)

You should be able to talk about sex as freely as you wish. I'm not saying this is socially acceptable, in which case it is not, but nothing should stop you from talking about it just as nothing should stop you from talking about your relationships. Honestly, if someone randomly walks up to me and points out a man that they had intercourse with the other night and went into detail, that may disturb me a small amount but that's freedom of speech right there. It's not like she said she was going to kill me or anything. There's no hidden threat. To me, if you say someone should not be able to talk about something, that goes against certain rights, depending on what it is. Sex is natural and apart of life, just as food and clothes and should be treated as such. Nothing more, nothing less.

Children need to be educated about sex at an early age. I can't even emphasize this enough. Parents need to learn how to be a parent and start teaching their children about sex. That means that when they start asking them what's what, they should not skip over the "Private parts" but treat it as any other body part. It also means that they need to teach them about STD's and protection.

I also think that if both partners consent to sex, it should be legal. This is their decision. No one else's. Who are you to decide for them? It's their body. Not yours.

Years
Oh, those dirty 19th-century reformers wanting to make it so that 12 year-olds couldn't be forced into sexual relationships they weren't ready for. Clearly they are the same as current day feminists (even though a century has passed) who only want to create troublesomely evil government bureaucracy. After all, feminists and their goals don't change over time.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years

My tone was sarcastic, admittedly, but the main point I was trying to make was that there clearly are issues with abolishing age of consent.

Don't know about what you think of your government as a whole, but I honestly think the U.S. (or many other first, even second world countries) government(s) knows better than "we" do. If you don't believe so, then that's fine with me.

Also, the fact that 13-14 year olds giggle during an awkward class room environment where a teacher who nobody would want to think of in a sexual context is trying to teach you about sex does not necessarily mean that they are unprepared to handle the act itself. I think the giggling would be more to do with the awkward dynamic in the classroom rather than the inability to fathom what to do with the parts.

I'd imagine majority of humans wouldn't want to do something that feels awkward. Furthermore, I think the age of consent law right now is fine as is, because I think it'll help (teenage pregnancies, etc.) more than hurt (I guess... some that want hot teen action?). If you disagree, then I guess you could conduct a world census to see if the world thinks age of consent is unnecessary, and if majority agrees, show the results to your country's Supreme Court to have the age of consent law revoked, if you really want age of consent to go away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back