Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old December 24th, 2011 (7:58 PM).
80s.haircut.man's Avatar
80s.haircut.man 80s.haircut.man is offline
SuperBanned
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: Florida
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 31
    I am under the impression that one would first have to be well-acquainted with PC and be a--I hate to use this word--"veteran" of the site to be an applicant for such as this, but I still would like to know...

    What would it take to become a moderator of the site?
    __________________
    Ultimate Solo Challenge: 0% complete

    (G1)

    (G2)

    (G3)

    (G4)


    ...EZ

    Relevant Advertising!

      #177    
    Old December 24th, 2011 (8:02 PM).
    Perriechu's Avatar
    Perriechu Perriechu is offline
    no more sad songs
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: England
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 4,109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 80s.haircut.man View Post
    I am under the impression that one would first have to be well-acquainted with PC and be a--I hate to use this word--"veteran" of the site to be an applicant for such as this, but I still would like to know...

    What would it take to become a moderator of the site?
    I suggest you go and read this (click me). It'll be all you need to know. :)
    __________________
    twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
      #178    
    Old December 27th, 2011 (6:07 PM).
    Poke Trainer J Poke Trainer J is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2011
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 3
      How can you tell If someone is Online on these Forums? I tried figuring it out but couldn't find anything regarding it.
      __________________
      Pokemon Black FC:

      2236 7025 1267
        #179    
      Old December 27th, 2011 (6:09 PM).
      Forever's Avatar
      Forever Forever is offline
      Merry Scragmas!
      • Moderator
      • Crystal Tier
      • Social Media
       
      Join Date: Nov 2005
      Location: Queensland
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 35,774
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Poke Trainer J View Post
      How can you tell If someone is Online on these Forums? I tried figuring it out but couldn't find anything regarding it.
      There's a little sign next to their names which is green if they're online (also appears in their profile). :3 It varies style to style, though, so I can't really link you anything.

      You've also got: http://www.pokecommunity.com/online.php?s=&sortfield=username&sortorder=asc&who=all&pp=208 to see the overall list and then down the bottom of the home page you've got a smaller list.
      __________________


      Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
      You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
      A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

        #180    
      Old December 27th, 2011 (6:10 PM).
      Oryx's Avatar
      Oryx Oryx is offline
      CoquettishCat
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 13,204
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Poke Trainer J View Post
      How can you tell If someone is Online on these Forums? I tried figuring it out but couldn't find anything regarding it.
      Both on their posts and on their profile (near their name) it will have an Online/Offline icon. I can't really show you what it looks like without knowing your style, but if there's nothing that outright says "Online"/"Offline" on posts, look for a green or red icon. Generally that's what's used. If you can't find it, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the style drop-down menu to see which one you have, post it here, and I'll show it to you.
      __________________


      Theme * Pair * VM * PM

      Not all men...

      Are all men stupid?

      That's right.

        #181    
      Old December 27th, 2011 (6:32 PM).
      Poke Trainer J Poke Trainer J is offline
         
        Join Date: Dec 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 3
        Yeah I don't see it, sorry.
        __________________
        Pokemon Black FC:

        2236 7025 1267
          #182    
        Old December 27th, 2011 (6:36 PM). Edited December 27th, 2011 by Perriechu.
        Perriechu's Avatar
        Perriechu Perriechu is offline
        no more sad songs
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Location: England
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 4,109
        Look;


        See the circled image? That's showing me you're currently online, this is how it looks in the Stunfisk theme. If you look around that area in different themes you'll see something similar. :)
        __________________
        twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
          #183    
        Old December 27th, 2011 (6:52 PM).
        donavannj's Avatar
        donavannj donavannj is offline
        • Moderator
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2005
        Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
        Age: 27
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 21,255
        If your style is the Delibird's Delivery style, it's a Delibird bouncing up and down if someone's online, and the Delibird is gray if they're offline or invisible.
        __________________
        idol trash and game nerd
          #184    
        Old January 2nd, 2012 (3:02 PM).
        Blizz's Avatar
        Blizz Blizz is offline
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2011
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 804
        I have one question. What vB version PC is using? I can't find it anywhere so that's why I asked.
          #185    
        Old January 2nd, 2012 (3:10 PM).
        au bon's Avatar
        au bon au bon is offline
        • Developer
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Oct 2004
        Location: New Jersey
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 17,315
        PC uses vBulletin 3.8.7. You can find it out from viewing the source file.
          #186    
        Old January 2nd, 2012 (4:29 PM). Edited January 2nd, 2012 by Gymnotide.
        Gymnotide's Avatar
        Gymnotide Gymnotide is offline
        8377 | Scorpaeniform
           
          Join Date: Jun 2007
          Location: New York City
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 3,600
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Poke Trainer J View Post
          How can you tell If someone is Online on these Forums? I tried figuring it out but couldn't find anything regarding it.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Forever View Post


          There's a little sign next to their names which is green if they're online (also appears in their profile). :3 It varies style to style, though, so I can't really link you anything.

          You've also got: http://www.pokecommunity.com/online.php?s=&sortfield=username&sortorder=asc&who=all&pp=208 to see the overall list and then down the bottom of the home page you've got a smaller list.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Toujours View Post


          Both on their posts and on their profile (near their name) it will have an Online/Offline icon. I can't really show you what it looks like without knowing your style, but if there's nothing that outright says "Online"/"Offline" on posts, look for a green or red icon. Generally that's what's used. If you can't find it, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the style drop-down menu to see which one you have, post it here, and I'll show it to you.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Poke Trainer J View Post
          Yeah I don't see it, sorry. :(
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
          Look;


          See the circled image? That's showing me you're currently online, this is how it looks in the Stunfisk theme. If you look around that area in different themes you'll see something similar. :)
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
          If your style is the Delibird's Delivery style, it's a Delibird bouncing up and down if someone's online, and the Delibird is gray if they're offline or invisible.
          http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

          If you don't have that option turned on, you won't be able to see the online / offline buttons. Make sure it's on first under "Postbit Elements". If it's already on, it should appear next to the username (on the right) in Standard display and towards the bottom of the postbit in Legacy mode, right above the post-comment / report post buttons (as in dragonomega's screencap). On most themes, it will just be an image with an active / inactive version. It's usually just a colored icon that turns grey when someone is offline. Mouseover it to view if the person is online or off.

          On Dimensional Rift, it's:



          There's also a SLIGHT peculiarity in themes like Generation InVerse and any themes styled similarly to it where the online button is removed completely and is replaced by a little textarea to the bottom-left of the postarea. It says "ONLINE".

          ...

          ...

          ...

          It would have really helped to tell us what theme and display you were using.
          __________________
          lurid/lucid

          "I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

          Khaled Hosseini

          → Refresh for a different picture
          → White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756


          whoever disabled my signature:
          my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
          i dont understand why it was disabled.
            #187    
          Old January 3rd, 2012 (9:20 AM).
          Moltres Rider Moltres Rider is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Feb 2011
            Location: With My Wife, Reshiram!
            Age: 32
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 993
            I had a thread asking this a while back, but it is too buried now to find...


            can someone refresh my memory on how to put a music player in a post? I forgot!
              #188    
            Old January 3rd, 2012 (9:26 AM).
            Livewire's Avatar
            Livewire Livewire is offline
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2009
            Location: Sunnyshore City
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 14,265
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
            I had a thread asking this a while back, but it is too buried now to find...


            can someone refresh my memory on how to put a music player in a post? I forgot!
            http://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

            It's in there, the BB code thread. Specifically,





            Quote this post for the code.
            __________________
              #189    
            Old January 3rd, 2012 (1:29 PM).
            shininglatios217's Avatar
            shininglatios217 shininglatios217 is offline
            Wayward Son
               
              Join Date: Jan 2009
              Location: Costa Rica
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 485
              Is there a place I can ask tournament-related questions?
              __________________
              Credit to BinaryPeaches for finding this avatar.

              Currently working on a Pokémon Black devamp.
                #190    
              Old January 3rd, 2012 (1:35 PM).
              donavannj's Avatar
              donavannj donavannj is offline
              • Moderator
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2005
              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 21,255
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by shininglatios217 View Post
              Is there a place I can ask tournament-related questions?
              What kind of tournament is it?
              __________________
              idol trash and game nerd
                #191    
              Old January 3rd, 2012 (4:06 PM).
              shininglatios217's Avatar
              shininglatios217 shininglatios217 is offline
              Wayward Son
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Location: Costa Rica
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 485
                I'm not making a tournament (yet), I only wanted to know if it's obligatory to participate in tournaments and maybe ask people for ideas. That's more or less what I'm looking for.
                __________________
                Credit to BinaryPeaches for finding this avatar.

                Currently working on a Pokémon Black devamp.
                  #192    
                Old January 3rd, 2012 (4:36 PM).
                donavannj's Avatar
                donavannj donavannj is offline
                • Moderator
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 21,255
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by shininglatios217 View Post
                I'm not making a tournament (yet), I only wanted to know if it's obligatory to participate in tournaments and maybe ask people for ideas. That's more or less what I'm looking for.
                I was asking you whether you were asking questions about a WiFi tournament, a Pokemon Online tournament, a tournament for some other video game, or a tournament for the TCG. Since you seem to mean WiFi tournament (just inferring based on your reply), then you probably wanna ask one of the Competitive Battling Center moderators.
                __________________
                idol trash and game nerd
                  #193    
                Old January 3rd, 2012 (7:05 PM).
                shininglatios217's Avatar
                shininglatios217 shininglatios217 is offline
                Wayward Son
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                  Location: Costa Rica
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 485
                  Thanks for the help, Donnavanj.
                  __________________
                  Credit to BinaryPeaches for finding this avatar.

                  Currently working on a Pokémon Black devamp.
                    #194    
                  Old January 5th, 2012 (7:19 PM).
                  Daikoru's Avatar
                  Daikoru Daikoru is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2012
                    Posts: 76
                    Hi folks.

                    I'm looking for a hack with a particular concept. However, I have found no hack that provides this concept (without much surprise). Is there a place where I can suggest this concept?
                      #195    
                    Old January 6th, 2012 (2:45 AM).
                    Gymnotide's Avatar
                    Gymnotide Gymnotide is offline
                    8377 | Scorpaeniform
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2007
                      Location: New York City
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naughty
                      Posts: 3,600
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Daikoru View Post
                      Hi folks.

                      I'm looking for a hack with a particular concept. However, I have found no hack that provides this concept (without much surprise). Is there a place where I can suggest this concept?
                      This might be a good thread to start off at: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186176
                      __________________
                      lurid/lucid

                      "I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

                      Khaled Hosseini

                      → Refresh for a different picture
                      → White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756


                      whoever disabled my signature:
                      my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
                      i dont understand why it was disabled.
                        #196    
                      Old January 6th, 2012 (3:11 AM).
                      PetalDanceD's Avatar
                      PetalDanceD PetalDanceD is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 211
                        Hi, Am new here so I have a quick question!.

                        Is there allowed to be a Msn Messenger topic where the community can share their addressses or does it invade a privacy issue?.

                        Thanks.
                          #197    
                        Old January 6th, 2012 (3:25 AM).
                        Oryx's Avatar
                        Oryx Oryx is offline
                        CoquettishCat
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 13,204
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ftp44 View Post
                        Hi, Am new here so I have a quick question!.

                        Is there allowed to be a Msn Messenger topic where the community can share their addressses or does it invade a privacy issue?.

                        Thanks.
                        If you go to your User CP and "Edit Details", you can add your MSN to your profile. It'll show up next to every post you make and on your profile as well, so that's how people share MSN addresses on PC.
                        __________________


                        Theme * Pair * VM * PM

                        Not all men...

                        Are all men stupid?

                        That's right.

                          #198    
                        Old January 6th, 2012 (3:31 AM).
                        PetalDanceD's Avatar
                        PetalDanceD PetalDanceD is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 211
                          Sounds very convienient, Thankyou so much .
                            #199    
                          Old January 6th, 2012 (3:33 AM).
                          Gymnotide's Avatar
                          Gymnotide Gymnotide is offline
                          8377 | Scorpaeniform
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2007
                            Location: New York City
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naughty
                            Posts: 3,600
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Toujours View Post


                            If you go to your User CP and "Edit Details", you can add your MSN to your profile. It'll show up next to every post you make and on your profile as well, so that's how people share MSN addresses on PC.
                            I'm sure there's also a thread in LUE, but no one really goes there. I'm pretty sure there's not an active one right now. http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187
                            __________________
                            lurid/lucid

                            "I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

                            Khaled Hosseini

                            → Refresh for a different picture
                            → White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756


                            whoever disabled my signature:
                            my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
                            i dont understand why it was disabled.
                              #200    
                            Old January 11th, 2012 (9:27 PM). Edited January 11th, 2012 by Sector.
                            Sector Sector is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2011
                              Location: Ohio
                              Age: 26
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 2,342
                              Hello. I have a curiosity question about Claims.

                              In our profiles, we have claims for each individual section, for Series, Celebrities, Pokemon, etc. But there is none for Films. Is that going to be added to our profile selection or no? Again just curious, no harm done.
                              Closed Thread

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:42 PM.