The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Tool Pokémon Map Editor

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old November 29th, 2011 (9:57 AM).
BlazingVolt646 BlazingVolt646 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 7
    u could give it easy script inserting function maybe editing as well.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old November 29th, 2011 (1:13 PM).
    demondismon's Avatar
    demondismon demondismon is offline
    Booted out - don't be like me!
       
      Join Date: Feb 2011
      Location: e. wakfield
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 146
      i think you should also add a function that makes it easy to have a 3 border block in length or width.
      __________________
        #28    
      Old November 29th, 2011 (2:24 PM).
      Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
      Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
      I support Crystal Dust
         
        Join Date: Sep 2010
        Location: West Sacramento, CA
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 142
        I like it. Its very clean and simple.
          #29    
        Old December 2nd, 2011 (2:29 AM).
        ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
        ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
        Working on a Mobile System
           
          Join Date: Feb 2007
          Location: South Pacific
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 429
          Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
          Update: Okay, I know this project has been dead for awhile but my summer holidays have started so I'll resume working on this
          __________________
            #30    
          Old December 21st, 2011 (4:20 AM).
          Raikoh Nadanshy's Avatar
          Raikoh Nadanshy Raikoh Nadanshy is offline
             
            Join Date: Dec 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3
            i am exited to see this project finish i wanted to work on a game called pokemon world. They will be every game map and pokemon on a single game. I thought it would be interesting to play in orre region to. I was searching for a editor like that. Keep me refresh about your update okay
              #31    
            Old December 21st, 2011 (8:47 AM).
            The Author's Avatar
            The Author The Author is offline
            The Hero of Knothole Glade
               
              Join Date: Sep 2011
              Location: Knothole Glade
              Age: 19
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 381
              Like as previously said by many people, there's already AdvanceMap.
              However, this does seem to be a bit simpler to use, which is why I like it.
              It's basically a more user-friendly version of A-map. :cer_smile:
              Great job!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Raikoh Nadanshy View Post
              i am exited to see this project finish i wanted to work on a game called pokemon world. They will be every game map and pokemon on a single game. I thought it would be interesting to play in orre region to. I was searching for a editor like that. Keep me refresh about your update okay
              However much that sounds like a good idea, I regret to inform you that it is very hard to pull off. I had enough mappers want to join my team, so I figured I'd try it out. It's near impossible.

              If you're going to do that I suggest saving some money for RMXP or something.
              __________________
              The Disciple
              The Poet
              The Leader
              The Musician
              The Transcendentalist

              The Author
              The Philosopher
              The Architect
              The Psychologist
              The Artist
                #32    
              Old December 21st, 2011 (2:22 PM).
              Raikoh Nadanshy's Avatar
              Raikoh Nadanshy Raikoh Nadanshy is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2011
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 3
                I am not the kind of guy to give up so easely and what for the money ? and what a RMXP ?
                  #33    
                Old December 31st, 2011 (9:24 PM).
                MissDigitalis's Avatar
                MissDigitalis MissDigitalis is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                  Gender: Female
                  Posts: 115
                  This is really cool.

                  But how do you make a whole map from scratch using the editor?
                  __________________

                    #34    
                  Old December 31st, 2011 (11:58 PM).
                  ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
                  ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
                  Working on a Mobile System
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2007
                    Location: South Pacific
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 429
                    Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Raikoh Nadanshy
                    i am exited to see this project finish i wanted to work on a game called pokemon world. They will be every game map and pokemon on a single game. I thought it would be interesting to play in orre region to. I was searching for a editor like that. Keep me refresh about your update okay
                    Thank you for your support, yeah I have high hopes for this tool myself :D Hopefully, it won't be that buggy.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by The Author
                    Like as previously said by many people, there's already AdvanceMap.
                    However, this does seem to be a bit simpler to use, which is why I like it.
                    It's basically a more user-friendly version of A-map.
                    Great job!
                    Thanks, yeah I do hope that this tool has a easier user interface and close to the functionality of AdvanceMap.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MissDigitalis
                    This is really cool.

                    But how do you make a whole map from scratch using the editor?
                    Reversing and through the map structure documentation that is lying around, you take those and mess around a bit in a programming language to get what you want. Of course, source code is also available like that for EliteMap

                    Anyway, I should post some updates. When I said I continue on this, I actually coded from scratch again because I lost my source code back then when my hard disk crashed and then haven't had time to do much due to Uni.

                    But now, the progress from last time is back and here are some new stuff I've added:

                    New properties view: http://i44.tinypic.com/152et52.png
                    Free space finder: http://i42.tinypic.com/14ihavq.png
                    Palette sets: http://i39.tinypic.com/34rvtzr.png

                    I have to say that my day night system is pretty outdated so I'll have to remake it later on as well
                    __________________
                      #35    
                    Old January 1st, 2012 (6:41 AM).
                    link12552's Avatar
                    link12552 link12552 is offline
                    to measure how far we wonder
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2007
                      Location: The blue one
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 203
                      This is looking pretty awesome!

                      May I ask though, will this by any chance be open-source?

                      I'm interested in NSE 2.X working as a tile editor, yet I've had problems implementing, or at least finding for that matter the offsets of the tiles...

                      A simple "Open in NSE" button could be a wonderful addition to this project, as a tile editor, and might take allot of the stress out of the whole import and export thing we've been doing for tile editing.

                      IDK anyways good luck, this looks really promising :D
                      __________________
                        #36    
                      Old January 1st, 2012 (1:49 PM).
                      ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
                      ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
                      Working on a Mobile System
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2007
                        Location: South Pacific
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 429
                        Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by link12552
                        This is looking pretty awesome!

                        May I ask though, will this by any chance be open-source?

                        I'm interested in NSE 2.X working as a tile editor, yet I've had problems implementing, or at least finding for that matter the offsets of the tiles...

                        A simple "Open in NSE" button could be a wonderful addition to this project, as a tile editor, and might take allot of the stress out of the whole import and export thing we've been doing for tile editing.

                        IDK anyways good luck, this looks really promising
                        Hehe Thanks so much Your tool sort of inspired me to do this as well For now, I'm not sure if I should make it open source or not, but I do plan to make this tool into a toolchain kinda like EliteMap and add plugins as well :D

                        Yeah, that would be cool. I could pass the offsets over in the block editor or something.
                        __________________
                          #37    
                        Old January 1st, 2012 (2:00 PM).
                        Lord Varion's Avatar
                        Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
                        Guess who's back?
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2009
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Other
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 2,644
                          I'll be honest here, this kinda does look easier to use than A-Map, but still do we need another GBA map hacking tool ? :/
                          __________________
                          gone.
                            #38    
                          Old January 1st, 2012 (2:10 PM).
                          ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
                          ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
                          Working on a Mobile System
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2007
                            Location: South Pacific
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 429
                            Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Nintendork15
                            I'll be honest here, this kinda does look easier to use than A-Map, but still do we need another GBA map hacking tool ? :/
                            I have to admit though, this 'may' never be as good as AdvanceMap. It's up to you to use it or not. For me, there's some things I always wanted to change about AdvanceMap and this is how I would do it.
                            __________________
                              #39    
                            Old January 2nd, 2012 (9:15 AM).
                            Blubber300's Avatar
                            Blubber300 Blubber300 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2009
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 67
                              Hey look, Advance Map has a twin brother!
                              __________________
                                #40    
                              Old January 2nd, 2012 (12:34 PM).
                              NintendoBoyDX NintendoBoyDX is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 94
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
                                I have to admit though, this 'may' never be as good as AdvanceMap. It's up to you to use it or not. For me, there's some things I always wanted to change about AdvanceMap and this is how I would do it.
                                Hey ZDG, if you wanted to make it better than amap is currently, I have a suggestion for you. Adding the ability to edit new map names in firered.

                                Jambo details exactly how to do it here:
                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6471680#post6471680

                                This would save countless repointing and inserting for people later on, imo you should at least consider it.
                                  #41    
                                Old January 2nd, 2012 (12:37 PM).
                                Incineroar's Avatar
                                Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                                the spirit of the fighter
                                • Moderator
                                • Platinum Tier
                                • Developer
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2009
                                Location: Iki Town
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 13,341
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by NintendoBoyDX View Post
                                Hey ZDG, if you wanted to make it better than amap is currently, I have a suggestion for you. Adding the ability to edit new map names in firered.

                                Jambo details exactly how to do it here:
                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6471680#post6471680

                                This would save countless repointing and inserting for people later on, imo you should at least consider it.
                                That. Is a simply GENIUS idea. I would use this over AMap if this was implemented. But I'd use this far more when the ability to add new maps is implemented someday.
                                __________________
                                  #42    
                                Old January 2nd, 2012 (11:18 PM).
                                Winter Wonderland's Avatar
                                Winter Wonderland Winter Wonderland is offline
                                Puts the fun in dysfunctional
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                                  Location: Florida
                                  Gender: Other
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 307
                                  What would be cool(although I'm not entirely sure if it's possible) is the ability to load multiple tile sets. Not just a major and minor. Also, the map connections in Advance map 1.92 was annoying to deal with. In 1.95, it was simplified a bit. I was wondering if you could turn it into a drag and drop system. For example, have the initial map on a grid interface, then add a connection to the north. Type in the map header and whatever to load up the map you want to be connected. From there you can just click and drag the map to where you want the two maps to be connected. Does that make sense?
                                  __________________


                                  Some say the world will end in fire,
                                  Some say in ice.
                                  From what I've tasted of desire
                                  I hold with those who favor fire.
                                  But if it had to perish twice,
                                  I think I know enough of hate
                                  To say that for destruction ice
                                  Is also great
                                  And would suffice.
                                  Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

                                  Play Me Casually | The Leola Project

                                    #43    
                                  Old January 2nd, 2012 (11:36 PM).
                                  Darthatron's Avatar
                                  Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                                  巨大なトロール。
                                  • Silver Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2006
                                  Location: Melbourne, Australia
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 1,152
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
                                  What would be cool(although I'm not entirely sure if it's possible) is the ability to load multiple tile sets. Not just a major and minor.
                                  Not possible. Unless the tilesets are changed to be a LOT smaller. But there is a 1024 limit for tiles.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
                                  Also, the map connections in Advance map 1.92 was annoying to deal with. In 1.95, it was simplified a bit. I was wondering if you could turn it into a drag and drop system. For example, have the initial map on a grid interface, then add a connection to the north. Type in the map header and whatever to load up the map you want to be connected. From there you can just click and drag the map to where you want the two maps to be connected. Does that make sense?
                                  Yes. Good idea.
                                  __________________
                                  あなた は しきしゃ です
                                  わたし は ばか です
                                    #44    
                                  Old January 4th, 2012 (9:39 PM).
                                  ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
                                  ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
                                  Working on a Mobile System
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2007
                                    Location: South Pacific
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 429
                                    Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Blubber300
                                    Hey look, Advance Map has a twin brother!
                                    Well, not really lol

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by NintendoBoyDX
                                    Hey ZDG, if you wanted to make it better than amap is currently, I have a suggestion for you. Adding the ability to edit new map names in firered.

                                    Jambo details exactly how to do it here:
                                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...80#post6471680

                                    This would save countless repointing and inserting for people later on, imo you should at least consider it.
                                    I'll look into it after I get most of the features done and working. Thanks for that information though, seems like I missed quite a bit ever since I was away. Need to catch up now.

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Team Fail
                                    That. Is a simply GENIUS idea. I would use this over AMap if this was implemented. But I'd use this far more when the ability to add new maps is implemented someday.
                                    hehe Let's see how all these turns out.

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland
                                    What would be cool(although I'm not entirely sure if it's possible) is the ability to load multiple tile sets. Not just a major and minor.

                                    Also, the map connections in Advance map 1.92 was annoying to deal with. In 1.95, it was simplified a bit. I was wondering if you could turn it into a drag and drop system. For example, have the initial map on a grid interface, then add a connection to the north. Type in the map header and whatever to load up the map you want to be connected. From there you can just click and drag the map to where you want the two maps to be connected. Does that make sense?
                                    For the first part, Darthatron already answered you. I'll see what I can do for the connections.. Hmm.

                                    Anyway, so I've did some more work.. Borders can be resized in Fire Red & Leaf Green now Since only those 2 versions support larger borders. Here's a screenie.
                                    __________________
                                      #45    
                                    Old January 6th, 2012 (11:39 AM).
                                    lucexpress's Avatar
                                    lucexpress lucexpress is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 7
                                      It would be really special if there was new features than advance map
                                        #46    
                                      Old January 7th, 2012 (2:03 AM).
                                      ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
                                      ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
                                      Working on a Mobile System
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2007
                                        Location: South Pacific
                                        Age: 24
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 429
                                        Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by lucexpress
                                        It would be really special if there was new features than advance map
                                        There will be some unique features.

                                        Anyway, I need everyone's opinion, I know the events are not finished yet but what do you think of using the property grid to edit events? I have a screenshot here.
                                        http://i44.tinypic.com/mkvpsy.png
                                        __________________
                                          #47    
                                        Old January 7th, 2012 (5:03 AM).
                                        esperance's Avatar
                                        esperance esperance is offline
                                        • Moderator
                                        • Platinum Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2010
                                        Location: Ohio
                                        Age: 20
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 3,808
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
                                        Anyway, I need everyone's opinion, I know the events are not finished yet but what do you think of using the property grid to edit events? I have a screenshot here.
                                        http://i44.tinypic.com/mkvpsy.png
                                        Looks good to me. One question, though. Will you be loading the OW sprites for the events?
                                        __________________

                                        A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                        Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                          #48    
                                        Old January 7th, 2012 (7:16 AM).
                                        link12552's Avatar
                                        link12552 link12552 is offline
                                        to measure how far we wonder
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2007
                                          Location: The blue one
                                          Age: 20
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Calm
                                          Posts: 203
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
                                          There will be some unique features.

                                          Anyway, I need everyone's opinion, I know the events are not finished yet but what do you think of using the property grid to edit events? I have a screenshot here.
                                          http://i44.tinypic.com/mkvpsy.png
                                          Yeah the property grid would be great for this, especially when it comes to the tons of settable data for the person events.

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post


                                          Looks good to me. One question, though. Will you be loading the OW sprites for the events?
                                          I'll gladly share my OW loading code for this project, I have them already being loaded using c#,
                                          so it should be as simple as adding the routine to the draw function.

                                          Man it's fun watching a program grow!

                                          P.S. ZodiacDaGreat I have an idea for implementing this with NSE:
                                          you could pass the image offset and the multiple palette offsets of a tileset into NSE, allowing for tile-set editing where you could toggle in between palettes as you edit!

                                          Let me know what you think, or what you think we should do, so I can get coding
                                          __________________
                                            #49    
                                          Old January 7th, 2012 (7:56 PM).
                                          ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
                                          ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
                                          Working on a Mobile System
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2007
                                            Location: South Pacific
                                            Age: 24
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 429
                                            Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by agentgeo
                                            Looks good to me. One question, though. Will you be loading the OW sprites for the events?
                                            Of course, I would hate looking at those for events XD

                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by link12552
                                            Man it's fun watching a program grow!

                                            P.S. ZodiacDaGreat I have an idea for implementing this with NSE:
                                            you could pass the image offset and the multiple palette offsets of a tileset into NSE, allowing for tile-set editing where you could toggle in between palettes as you edit!

                                            Let me know what you think, or what you think we should do, so I can get coding
                                            It is aye Uhm, for tilesets.. Yeah, I'm not sure if I can pass the entire structure cause that would be better, but I'll just pass the offset of the current tileset to your tool, then you could read the whole structure and then load everything up. It would be cool if you can combine some of my stuff from my Door Manager tool and possible add in support for editing animations, so everything's in one place right?
                                            __________________
                                              #50    
                                            Old February 14th, 2012 (8:57 PM).
                                            Darthatron's Avatar
                                            Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                                            巨大なトロール。
                                            • Silver Tier
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2006
                                            Location: Melbourne, Australia
                                            Age: 25
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Modest
                                            Posts: 1,152
                                            Back to ideas for movement permissions, I think something where you have a tab for the LEVEL of the tile and another for if it's passable or not.

                                            Here each tile is given a value for its height relative to the map. 1 is for Surfing and 3 is for normal walking, and finally A is given to tiles effected on ALL levels.

                                            Then each tile is either set to "wall" or "not wall". On or Off if you will.

                                            This is how the bits for the movement permission work anyway. The bit0 (lowest bit) is whether it's a wall or not, the bit1 has no effect, and bits 2-7 are the level.

                                            This doesn't really require any workaround. In fact, those image show exactly how the original game would appear using this method.

                                            So... thoughts/comments?
                                            __________________
                                            あなた は しきしゃ です
                                            わたし は ばか です
                                            Closed Thread
                                            Quick Reply

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:51 AM.