ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2012 (10:52 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
    Tricky stuff ahead!
    How can I create my own "table" in Firered? This is my idea for a berry system:
    Spoiler:
    I'm using DNS. Basically, I make a small table, with one byte containing the data for one tree. This data is specifically the day that the tree was last interacted with. The script compares the current day with the day stored in the table. If they're the same, then the script doesnt give a berry. If they aren't the same, then the script gives a berry, and changes the day stored in the table to the current day. The table I *attempted* to make is at offset 0x830000. The script is below:

I can't tell if the reason the commands won't work are because of the data types, or simple error. Please help!
    You need to find an unused space in RAM that will also be copied to a "save block" when the game is saved. (Unless you expect your users to rely ENTIRELY on savestates -- but you shouldn't force them to.)

Right now, your table is stored at 0x830000. This, however, is actually only an abbreviation; the proper offset is 0x08830000. 02 and 03 offsets are RAM, 04 and 05 are something to do with graphics, I don't know what 06 and 07 are, but 08 is fixed data in the ROM that can't be changed. So if you put your table at 0x08830000, you're basically adding it to your ROM as a permanent resource, not a mutable set of data.

And again, any random location in RAM will not work, because only certain areas of RAM are copied to the save blocks. (To add more such areas, you'll need ASM. I think JPAN found something that will give you an additional 200-byte save block to work with -- check the early pages in the Quick Research & Development thread.) And most RAM is already used by the game. (Even some of the RAM used in JPAN's Hacked Engine, for example, overlaps that used by the TEACHY TV item.) My signature links to my "RAM map" for FireRed, but I can't guarantee it's comprehensive (for the same reason no other such project has ever been comprehensive) and I don't remember when I last updated it.

Chances are, you'll need ASM for a good berry system. I remember that JPAN once attempted to create such a thing, but I don't recall if he ever succeeded or how well it worked if he did.

Now, if you need to create just any table (rather than one that must be alterable in-game), feel free. All a table is, is a sequential list of data with no "markers" separating it, with each chunk of data having an equal length so that you can tell them apart simply by offset.

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 11th, 2012 (2:22 PM).
    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
      Thanks a ton! I know JPAN started on one, but I think his was more complex, including the different trees and everything. I just want a really rudimentary system, something that will give an item only once a day. I found the RAM savestate "expansion pack" thing where you specified (where they discussed adding new variables), and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. First of all, what exactly is an .OUT file, and how do I apply it to my game. Can it be in the "08" part of the memory? Also, this part is confusing me:

Quote:
      Copy the contents to a free location in your ROM, 4 bytes aligned.
      What does "4 bytes aligned" mean?

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old January 11th, 2012 (5:00 PM).
      Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
        You could try editing the grass and such in the Nameless Sprite Editor version 2.0. (I think anyway. Be sure to back it up before you change it)
        i dont understand how this program can help me for inserting shiny gold tiles in fire red ?
        Old January 11th, 2012 (5:18 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
          i dont understand how this program can help me for inserting shiny gold tiles in fire red ?
          Nameless Sprite Editor allows you to put in an offset for a picture, and draw different tiles. However, I just use Microsoft Paint, and A-map. Click the purple puzzle piece in A-map to open up the block editor. Going to picture->save tileset 1 will save the top tileset, while save tileset 2 will save the bottom tileset. After you save the tileset, you can open it in paint, and draw whatever you want. Then load the sprite into the block editor by going picture -> load tileset 1 (or tileset 2), and selecting the edited tileset. The edited tileset has to include the same colors as the pallate, or else it won't load.

If you don't understand this, then I'd wait until you have more experience and try again.

Old January 11th, 2012 (6:26 PM).
          巨大なトロール。
          • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
          Quote:
          What does "4 bytes aligned" mean?
          It means an offset in the ROM ending in 0, 4, 8, or C. Eg. 0x800114 or 0x7F001C.
          Old January 11th, 2012 (7:43 PM).

Nature: Adamant
            Still can't figure out how to add snivys icon in Pokemon ruby.....please help
            Old January 11th, 2012 (8:35 PM). Edited January 12th, 2012 by chrunch.
            • Gold Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by movieguy12 View Post
            Still can't figure out how to add snivys icon in Pokemon ruby.....please help
            Download Advanced Series by Wichu (here) Extract it, and open Advanced Pokémon Icon Editor and load your ROM. Find Snivy in your ROM and goto File > Import and import Snivy's icon (remember to select auto-transparency). Then click write to ROM.
            ---------------------------
            Now, my question. I've been inserting tiles into my hack, and is there any easier way to recolor tiles that don't have palettes that work in a GBA ROM (palettes that aren't multiples of 8)?

I'm recoloring it myself. :D
            Old January 12th, 2012 (4:44 AM).
            Saiyan Prince

Quote:
              Nameless Sprite Editor allows you to put in an offset for a picture, and draw different tiles. However, I just use Microsoft Paint, and A-map. Click the purple puzzle piece in A-map to open up the block editor. Going to picture->save tileset 1 will save the top tileset, while save tileset 2 will save the bottom tileset. After you save the tileset, you can open it in paint, and draw whatever you want. Then load the sprite into the block editor by going picture -> load tileset 1 (or tileset 2), and selecting the edited tileset. The edited tileset has to include the same colors as the pallate, or else it won't load.

If you don't understand this, then I'd wait until you have more experience and try again.
              i changed the grass and palet , i try change tress but didint work (look at screen) , and why some parts of ground in cities are black ? (look at screen)
              saved tiles set looks like sh*t i dont know why , and how do i change grass animation ? http://imageshack.us/f/140/beztytuumsn.jpg/
              and why i dont have other blocks ? (water , ground etc)
              Old January 12th, 2012 (6:35 AM).

Quote:
                i changed the grass and palet , i try change tress but didint work (look at screen) , and why some parts of ground in cities are black ? (look at screen)
                saved tiles set looks like sh*t i dont know why , and how do i change grass animation ? http://imageshack.us/f/140/beztytuumsn.jpg/
                and why i dont have other blocks ? (water , ground etc)
                The grass is a weird color because it's color is wrong. The tree's are acting like that because they use different parts of the tileset. The best way to fix that is to go to your tree tiles, and use the block editor to put parts of your new tree where there are leftover parts from the old tree. All tiles from tileset one are in that tileset, including water and ground tiles. Since you're using Pallate 1, everything shows up with a green or brown coloring. Pallate 4 has the water colors

Old January 12th, 2012 (8:17 AM).

Nature: Calm
                  Quote:
                  The layout of all the cave tile's tiles are always the same (in firered, at least). Starting when tileset 2 begins, there's a black tile, the normal ground tile, two different rocks, stairs, a ladder going down, a hole, and then a tile that looks exactly like the normal ground tile, but it's actually the arrow-down tile. Here's a picture:

Spoiler:
                  Something silly about having 15 posts for links.
                  Many many thanks you, comrade. I haff feelings of kissing you the way man kisses woman.

Seriously, though, thanks so much! This stupid cave was frustrating me to the point of tears.

Soaking up the thirst of the land
                  Old January 12th, 2012 (9:43 AM).
                  www.poilkjmn.info

Nature: Lonely
                    I'm looking for a way to change the Shiny Pallette Pointers to point to a new seperate sprite and pallette. Is there a way to do this?

I want to do this, so that I can have a different Sprite show up when a "shiny" pokemon appears in the wild/when sending out

Working In RUBY USA
                    Super Mario Bro Hack
                    Super Engel Bros BETA (Just Scroll Down To Get It)
                    ~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
                    Old January 12th, 2012 (10:51 AM).
                    Saiyan Prince

Quote:
                      The grass is a weird color because it's color is wrong. The tree's are acting like that because they use different parts of the tileset. The best way to fix that is to go to your tree tiles, and use the block editor to put parts of your new tree where there are leftover parts from the old tree. All tiles from tileset one are in that tileset, including water and ground tiles. Since you're using Pallate 1, everything shows up with a green or brown coloring. Pallate 4 has the water colors
                      forget about shiny gold , i want use those tiles now http://chimcharsfireworkd.deviantart.com/art/BW-Citrine-Tileset-Resized-227350418?offset=10 , what i must do too make it work ? because paint thing didint work this time ;p
                      Old January 12th, 2012 (12:11 PM).

Quote:
                        forget about shiny gold , i want use those tiles now http://chimcharsfireworkd.deviantart.com/art/BW-Citrine-Tileset-Resized-227350418?offset=10 , what i must do too make it work ? because paint thing didint work this time ;p
                        All I can say is pallate editing, recoloring those sprites, and assembling them in the block editor. The same process I've described before applies to all tiles.

Old January 12th, 2012 (2:12 PM).
                        Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by EngelDerRisse View Post
                        I'm looking for a way to change the Shiny Pallette Pointers to point to a new seperate sprite and pallette. Is there a way to do this?

I want to do this, so that I can have a different Sprite show up when a "shiny" pokemon appears in the wild/when sending out

Working In RUBY USA
                        In short, not easily. Pokemon do not have a separate pointer to their sprite in the case that they are shiny, they use the exact same sprite as their regular coloured counter-parts but the pallet is loaded from elsewhere. You would need quite a lot of ASM in order to do what you what.
                        Old January 12th, 2012 (2:52 PM).
                        Dane Maiatsu Puffizard Dane Maiatsu Puffizard is offline

Wonder Card edit. Copy paste no work. Tile allows 4 words only. Description? Nothing.
                          Old January 12th, 2012 (10:56 PM).
                          PKHeX User

Nature: Docile
                            What's the National Pokédex flag for Ruby/Sapphire? I've been Googling for it and couldn't find the solution.
                            Old January 12th, 2012 (11:19 PM).
                            www.poilkjmn.info

Nature: Lonely
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
                              What's the National Pokédex flag for Ruby/Sapphire? I've been Googling for it and couldn't find the solution.
                              Check Attachment for National Dex script for Ruby
                              Attached Images
                              File Type: jpg NationalDex Script Ruby.jpg‎ (32.6 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                              Super Mario Bro Hack
                              Super Engel Bros BETA (Just Scroll Down To Get It)
                              ~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
                              Old January 13th, 2012 (12:23 AM).
                              PKHeX User

Nature: Docile
                                Holy smokes it worked! Thanks! YouTube ID is CAVMMO-KCjw
                                Old January 13th, 2012 (5:30 AM).
                                Pokémon Hacker

I add some new pokémons to my Fire Red hack and I set Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig as starter pokémons. Everything works until they are going to evolve. The evolving proces started but then it stops and happends what you can see on the picture... In YAPE I set the evoltions, so it has to work, but it didn't work... How can I fix this?

Old January 13th, 2012 (5:46 AM).
                                  巨大なトロール。
                                  • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
                                  I add some new pokémons to my Fire Red hack and I set Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig as starter pokémons. Everything works until they are going to evolve. The evolving proces started but then it stops and happends what you can see on the picture... In YAPE I set the evoltions, so it has to work, but it didn't work... How can I fix this?

Something to do with the national dex, I'm guessing. Is it enabled? Have you patched the ROM to work with updating the pokedex correctly for new Pokemon? If I recall, it crashes when updating the pokedex flags in a clean ROM.
                                  Old January 13th, 2012 (6:16 AM).
                                  Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                                    Something to do with the national dex, I'm guessing. Is it enabled? Have you patched the ROM to work with updating the pokedex correctly for new Pokemon? If I recall, it crashes when updating the pokedex flags in a clean ROM.
                                    I didn't change anything to the pokédex, so how can I fix it?
                                    Old January 13th, 2012 (6:27 AM).
                                    巨大なトロール。
                                    • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                    I didn't change anything to the pokédex, so how can I fix it?
                                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530

Read that thread. Warning: It's a little complex.
                                    Old January 13th, 2012 (6:38 AM).
                                    Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530

Read that thread. Warning: It's a little complex.
                                      Oké, its complex... I don't understand what they mean with:
                                      Evolutions work without National Dex: Spoiler:
                                      At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0. This makes the previously conditional branch into an unconditional branch, which fixes the evolutions.

Can you explain this?
                                      Old January 13th, 2012 (6:56 AM).
                                      Memento Mori
                                      • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
                                      Quote:
                                      Can you explain this?
                                      Change those 4 bytes to those 4 mentioned, it cannot be easier :D
                                      But I would suggest you to enable National Dex... that could be easier I guess

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                      Old January 13th, 2012 (8:20 AM).
                                      Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Change those 4 bytes to those 4 mentioned, it cannot be easier :D
                                        But I would suggest you to enable National Dex... that could be easier I guess
                                        Oké, but what does that mean, where and how can I change that?
                                        Closed Thread

Quick Reply