• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Crimson

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Pokemon Crimson (Demo and FanFic Added!)

I am working hard on Pokemon Crimson, and the has progressed much more that what was originally on this thread. I only work during my free time, so I will not be updating this thread until the game is near completion. It shouldn't be much longer, and I will just create a new thread in the official Games Showcase thread. In the meantime, check my youtube channel for occasional updates: www.youtube.com/user/mew339

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
this guy is getting burried alive :(

The screenies look nice, UI needs a bite more livening, I am interested in this project, if you need any help mapping or anything let me know and I am onboard to help out.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
this guy is getting burried alive :(

The screenies look nice, UI needs a bite more livening, I am interested in this project, if you need any help mapping or anything let me know and I am onboard to help out.

Thanks! The project is small right now, mainly because I have to devote much time to school and family, but I do work as hard as I can. To give a better look at the project, I'm hoping to give a release of the first part of the game that starts the story. When I get more pictures up and some videos, I hope to have it upgraded to the actual showcase. The only thing I need at the moment is support. The more comments/criticisms I get here, the more I will put myself to the project.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Updates have been added such as a story and game demo. It is still in the works, so all feedback is appreciated!

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
This is pretty interesting! I like it. Since you wanted some constructive criticism, I only have one thing to note. The region map's look is a bit weird. It's the thing with the shadows: I'm not sure where the light source is. Besides that, it really sounds good. I like the plot, I can't wait to see how this plays out! Is this going to contain only existing pokemon or fakemon? You asked for consept art so I was just wondering.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
This is pretty interesting! I like it. Since you wanted some constructive criticism, I only have one thing to note. The region map's look is a bit weird. It's the thing with the shadows: I'm not sure where the light source is. Besides that, it really sounds good. I like the plot, I can't wait to see how this plays out! Is this going to contain only existing pokemon or fakemon? You asked for consept art so I was just wondering.

Thanks for a reply. For the map, I don't really intend to have a defined light source, so I'll try to edit any appearance of light out. I plan on using existing Pokemon, not really a fan of making fakemon. The reason I need a concept artist is to make human charactors and concept art of locations in the game.

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Well, as long as its only small jobs, I'll do some of that! However, I am currently quite busy in creating a black and white style map. I am a bit busy at the moment, but I can do a bit of concept sketches starting in 2012. Merry Christmas!

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
Years
Wow, this looks really unique for a Pokemon Game. First, we have a (mostly) Pokemon as the main protagonist, Second; it's Silph Co. gone bad (or is it mostly industrialization gone bad?), and Third; the graphics look really decent. I look forward to move progress in the game - keep up the good work.

Oh, correct me if the three views I gave you seem wrong - that's just how I see it.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Well, as long as its only small jobs, I'll do some of that! However, I am currently quite busy in creating a black and white style map. I am a bit busy at the moment, but I can do a bit of concept sketches starting in 2012. Merry Christmas!

Thanks, I really need help with that. It shouldn't be too much, just basically some character concept art, mainly of the main characters such as the protagonists. Just let me know when your open. If you have some work that you have already completed, PM some to me if you want and I'll check it out!

Wow, this looks really unique for a Pokemon Game. First, we have a (mostly) Pokemon as the main protagonist, Second; it's Silph Co. gone bad (or is it mostly industrialization gone bad?), and Third; the graphics look really decent. I look forward to move progress in the game - keep up the good work.

Oh, correct me if the three views I gave you seem wrong - that's just how I see it.

Thanks! I want to make this very original, mainly to tell a story, as of now I don't think I'll add online "Wi-Fi" battling between players, but I want to add postgame stuff, like sidequests. I'm not too worried about the graphics either, mainly because I can't script too well, but I will try to make graphics look great after I complete the game.

I just updated with some in-game pictures from the start of the game.

EDIT 12/26/11

Just updated with a gift. Under MISC. Downloads are a few of the attack animations I am remaking to be compatible with RMXP. GIVE CREDIT IF USED.

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
New updates:
Summary and Pokedex screens:

Screenies-1.jpg

NOTE: EVERYTHING IN THIS PICTURE IS EITHER PROPERTY OF NINTENDO/GAMEFREAK, OR ME. STEALING IS PROHIBITIED.
I'll have some character bios and videos sometime soon. I'm thinking about having this thread brought up to the Showcase. By the way, I'm still taking suggestions for the region's name until further notice. Please send a PM if you have any ideas.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
You might want to work on some of the text shadow there. Namely the black and red text, the shadow doesn't make it look very appealing.

I will, currently I am experimenting with the different color schemes for text on the summary screen. Note that only the concept is shown, as there are a few changes still left to be made.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I really like this, it looks really cool and interesting. I really like how it takes Silph Co. and put in a dark perspective.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Thanks! However, you replied to a thread that has been over a month since its last post, and that is against the rules. I am working on this game on my own time, and have decided that I will just get a majority of the work done before I create a new thread in the games showcase. Therefore, I won't be updating this thread anymore, nor will I start a new thread until I get enough done, but to stay with the progress of Pokemon Crimson, check my youtube channel, and I will occasionally update it with the progress. These pictures on this thread are a little old as well. But just look me up on youtube: mew339. I might even start putting info in my signature here to keep you up to date.

Mods, please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back