• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to the club, PokemonLady! Why not answer the current topic? ^^

Current topic: 'Which is your favourite of the mono-poison type 'blob' families?'

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
As stated in the posts before, "Basically this includes Grimer/Muk, Gulpin/Swalot and Trubbish/Garbodor" ^_^

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hi, welcome to all new members! Have a great stay here ^^

Yup, that's right! Which is your favourite of those? :D Mine's Roserade, love it <3

YES HAHA. I agree with this completely! I think its the eyes D: And lips. xD But it can be cute!

Gulpin_by_Umberon9.png

Let's have a new topic and trivia...

New topic: 'Which is your favourite of the mono-poison type 'blob' families?'

Basically this includes Grimer/Muk, Gulpin/Swalot and Trubbish/Garbodor ^^ Personally my favourites and Grimer & Muk because Grimer is such an awesome Pokemon in almost every way, and then Muk makes up for Grimer's weaknesses by being kick-ass good in battle! Garbodor is also quite a strong contender for me, but its stats and moves just aren't good enough. D:

Definately gulpin or swalot, simply because of their personalties. Muk too is yes great in battle, since Koga's in HG gave me some trouble, even my Level 70 typhlosion's eruption couldn't get rid of it one turn. :3 Aaand, its ability to use minimise was soo annoying yet quite sneaky.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ah,ok... then I would totally go with Grimer/Muk since I think there better looking than the others

This I agree with! What makes you think this though? ^^ What do you like about them as opposed to say, Trubbish & Garbodor?

New topic: 'Which Poison Pokemon do you find cutest?'

For me it's Foongus! <3

foongus_by_blubble_the_blubs-d3be34l.png

Just look at how cute the little darling is! Its little smile and cute eyes and simple tiny design make it nyaahhhh! <3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

New topic: 'Which is your favourite of the mono-poison type 'blob' families?'

Basically this includes Grimer/Muk, Gulpin/Swalot and Trubbish/Garbodor ^^ Personally my favourites and Grimer & Muk because Grimer is such an awesome Pokemon in almost every way, and then Muk makes up for Grimer's weaknesses by being kick-ass good in battle! Garbodor is also quite a strong contender for me, but its stats and moves just aren't good enough. D:

Now, I would love to be a little original here and choose something like Garbodor, but I honestly don't like it one single bit. Imo the design shows that Gamefreak is running out of ideas, because a Pokémon based on trash isn't exactly the greatest idea they've had up till now.

I'm more neutral towards Gulpin and Swalot, as I find their design ok. It's not truly horrific like some other Pokémon, but it's not super good either, but I never really got to know them while playing the games, so I don't really have any opinions on them, and I don't know how good they actually are in battle. I find their concept pretty original though, so that's one of the probs they get from me.

Moving on to my actual favourites of the bunch, and the reason why I'm NOT being original, is Grimer and Muk. I've already pretty much made it clear in several of my previous posts, that I am indeed a lover of the original 151, and that is also one of the main reasons that I like Grimer and Muk. The reason that I like them is basically just, that they're the ones I've know for the longest time and the ones that I know the most about. Their desgins were pretty unique back in the days, though they're not really anything special when compared to all the other new Pokémon, but I still love them just as much.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I find trubbish to be a cutie. I love it's little teethy expression, although cute is not somethig I could say about garbador. :x

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Nicely said Olli. I would have to agree with you that Garbodor's concept is not truly the best idea EVER.

On topic:

I have quite a soft spot for Budew's design actually. It looks like asian because of its eyes, and that smile is so cute.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which Poison Pokemon do you find cutest?
Foongus,budew and Venonat
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Years
i knew it. Budew is too cute. He will be the winner. :)

venonat creeps me out, honestly. Especially with his weird eyes and such.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nooo; Venonat is a cutie, especially when it evolves. It can pretty annoying especially with it's status moves + double team + psychic.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

New topic: 'Which Poison Pokemon do you find cutest?'

For me it's Foongus! <3

foongus_by_blubble_the_blubs-d3be34l.png

Just look at how cute the little darling is! Its little smile and cute eyes and simple tiny design make it nyaahhhh! <3

Foongus is indeed cute no question about that, but Venonat is cuter imo. I've always thought that Venonat was cute, ever since I first saw it back in the original games. I guess part of the reason is its round, fluffy body, but the eyes play the biggest role. It may not have any pupils, but I still find them extremely cute. But I'm just confused with its eyes, because even though they look a bit sad, I just can't really see it as a sad Pokémon :|

miltankRancher

Years
Nooo; Venonat is a cutie, especially when it evolves. It can pretty annoying especially with it's status moves + double team + psychic.

Venomoth is annoying, yeah. But it still creeps me out. Its a violet bug. And it has weird wings, and such.

And venonat's stare looks like it could suck out your soul.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Name: d4rka8isz
Partner Pokemon: Roserade
Reason for joining: Poison type Pokemon intrigue me deeply. My favorite aspect of them is how they can poison opponents with almost any move. I may not find them as useful as say the water type in battles, but they still are one of my favorite types.

I think bulbasaur is the cutest.
Spoiler:

Too cute!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
hi there d4rka8isz! welcome to the club!

I may not quite agree with you in saying that Poison type is not as useful as water types. each type has their won niche to fill in, and it is like saying that a hammer is not as useful as a wrench. Water types are good at what they do, mostly sweeping and such, but poison types, who specializes in status ailments, confusions, and such, and they do well in it. :)

I will be posting up a new topic tomorrow. I will let these topic slide down first. Feel free to defend. :)

as for the quiz, Scolipede wins with a 200 kg weight.

a userbar! it is jerky so sorry. couldn't fix it anymore. and i could not find appropriate gen V pics, so sorry. Anyway, FYI, this is a hundred frames with each frame at 500 ms. :)

736103.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Which Poison Pokemon do you find cutest?
Foongus,budew and Venonat
Spoiler:

Oh wow, I never knew Venonat could be so cute! That Budew though... NYAAAHHHH <333333333

Name: d4rka8isz
Partner Pokemon: Roserade
Reason for joining: Poison type Pokemon intrigue me deeply. My favorite aspect of them is how they can poison opponents with almost any move. I may not find them as useful as say the water type in battles, but they still are one of my favorite types.

I think bulbasaur is the cutest.
Spoiler:

Too cute!

Hi, welcome to the club! That is an incredibly cute Bulbasaur picture, love it. xD

hi there d4rka8isz! welcome to the club!

I may not quite agree with you in saying that Poison type is not as useful as water types. each type has their won niche to fill in, and it is like saying that a hammer is not as useful as a wrench. Water types are good at what they do, mostly sweeping and such, but poison types, who specializes in status ailments, confusions, and such, and they do well in it. :)

I will be posting up a new topic tomorrow. I will let these topic slide down first. Feel free to defend. :)

as for the quiz, Scolipede wins with a 200 kg weight.

a userbar! it is jerky so sorry. couldn't fix it anymore. and i could not find appropriate gen V pics, so sorry. Anyway, FYI, this is a hundred frames with each frame at 500 ms. :)

736103.gif

You're right on the question! And great new user bar, love it! It has been added to the front page. ^^

New topic: 'Which Pokemon do you think should be Poison type that aren't?'

miltankRancher

Years
thank you alex! :)

On topic: I think cradily should be poison type instead of rock type. He looks like he will ooze out poison one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back