• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

I need help setting a Water Type Team for Random Matchup

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I have 4 Pokemon with me, and believe me, it was hard. I had to use a Pokemon Generator to edit some Pokemon that needs improvement and to get better moves. I didn't use Action Replay, I just used a generator to get free Pokemon and to edit them.

1. Suicune
Ability: Drizzle
Moves: Calm Mind, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Air Slash
Holds: Leftovers

2. Poliwrath
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Belly Drum, Ice Punch, Waterfall, Sky Uppercutt
Holds: Sitrus Berry

3. Starmie:
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Hydro Pump, Psychic, Thunder, Destiny Bond
Holds: Focus Sash

4. Empoleon
Ability: Wonder Guard
Moves: Hydro Pump, Flash Cannon, Drill Peck, Freeze Bolt
Holds: Helmet

I need 2 more water types, and that I have trouble trying to think of them. What should it be? I can't decide.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
your team lacks strong physical attackers.try Feraligator.since you use a generator to get any moves i suggest waterfall,ice punch,seed bomb and agillity with pure power for an abillity.i suggest you use kindra for the final slot

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Did you hack in abilities or something? Suicune can't have Drizzle, Starmie can't have Huge Power, and Empoleon can't have Wonder Guard.

As for above, I'd suggest Gyarados over Feraligatr. More attack and speed, just a small 4x weakness. In addition, your team doesn't have much healing support. I'd put Rest on Suicune over Air Slash. The last slot should be Vaporeon if you want Wish support. Another option is Ludicolo, with Rain, will be seriously annoying on fits with your team.

I'd take out either Empoleon or Starmie. You want to utilize rain more since you have it anyway. You should try fitting Kabutops somewhere, since Swift Swim will make it a devastating Physical Sweeper.

Years
Vaporeon
Ability: Moody
-Acid Armor
-Recover
-Water Spout
-Ice Burn
Holds: Power Herb

(You might want to consider Moody for anything you plan on tanking)

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
I would use Gyarados as the Physical attacker over Feraligatr. He's got really solid stats, respectable defenses, and usable speed (even faster than Feraligatr!).

If you do decide to use 'Dose, use this moveset. It's copied from my personal one.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
EV's: 4 Defense / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance

---- That right there is a very solid moveset and good Dose. His only drawback is his crippling 4X weakness to Electric, and there is plenty of Electric types out there such as Jolteon who can outspeed and OHKO Dose with a STAB T-Bolt. But I wouldn't let that deter me from using him, when played right, he can sweep.

Back