The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


 
 
Thread Tools
  #2001    
Old January 25th, 2012 (9:42 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 10,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
As for Cynthia Nixon, I don't think she realises what she's done. I understand her point, but this is not an ideal world. We don't own the game yet, we're still playing it on the bigots' terms and whether she likes ceding the point to them or not, she's just given them a whole load of ammunition.
Wouldn't it be better to argue that it doesn't matter if it's a choice because it's not hurting anyone and it's no one's business what your orientation is? If you say it's not a choice ever that's kind of like saying it has to be tolerated only because no one can help it, but if it were a choice it would be okay to persecute.
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #2002    
Old January 25th, 2012 (12:14 PM). Edited January 25th, 2012 by Nakuzami.
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
I Will Be Your Shield
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Blizzard World
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 6,452
Random little short story I felt like sharing:
Spoiler:
The spoiler broked >:C
Spoiler:

Well, today at school one of my friends(let's call 'im Snow White), although not a good one, sat at my lunch table because he didn't want to sit near another one of my friends(this is Cinderella), and he informed me of a little "rumor," the event happened, I guess, but I guess the people involved are a bit blurry.
Well, the event was . . . let's just say something went on in the bathroom with . . . 4 guys, apparently. One of the "suspects" is Cinderella. I was going to question Cinderella, but both didn't get a chance and kind of decided against it on the way out of school because . . .
. . . I was talking with another friend(he's naow Taylor Lautner) while leaving school, and he asked me if I'd heard about the incident, and then we kind of discussed it while walking. He said that Cinderella apparently started crying, or at least tearing up, because people kept asking him about it at lunch and/or teasing him. Of course I didn't see any of this, because I sit in my dark little corner with usually no one else at my table. Weeeeellll, I don't quite know much on the subject beyond that, although I have my suspicions of whom might be involved (and I'm curious to get the the bottom of this case, lol) but . . . urgh. Of course, Taylor Lautner was a guy that I /might/ have a small crush on, and of course the last thing he said before we left the school and went to our respective buses was: "How can you be gay? It's just weird." ('you' meaning anyone, of course, not me. He doesn't know that, lol) so . . . I kind of went "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, :(" in my mind. Lol, I did kind of mutter "and look who you're talking to" when I walked away.
It figures that when I got on the bus some kids from the Sr. High had already heard about the incident (with no idea whom was involved) and said that it had already been posted on Facebook. I guess it happened yesterday? That's what was said, lol.

Was any of that confusing? Because I myself feel a bit confused, but likely because of all the events that went on, lol.
But I will say that if my friend was involved, and people do make fun of him for it, I'm going to punch them all in the face. I'm even forsaking the angry Magikarp; I'm just going to flat out punch them.

@Pudz - I'm not upset, just full of ROFL. xD
__________________
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn
PC Hearthstone: Come Fite Us, M8


Under Renovations
  #2003    
Old January 25th, 2012 (12:44 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,190
I can't understand that story cause you have every person listed as "my friend but not that friend the other friend", lol. You should give them fake names.
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #2004    
Old January 25th, 2012 (1:40 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
detective prince.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 25
Nature: Timid
Posts: 31,640
I kinda understood that...but kinda didn't as you added more people. :( lol Um well, if they're making fun of someone for being gay, the most you can do is educate them on how it's not a bad thing, it's not something you choose, and all that. If they continue to make fun of this kid that may or may not be gay for that, then don't punch them in the face, cause you don't wanna get suspended. Just ignore them and don't talk to them. Report them, if they get to a point where it's harassment. I might be giving the wrong advice cause like I said, I kinda didn't understand it at the end.

But I think, especially at your age, the most important thing kids and young adults can do is just understand homosexuality. It's not exposed to everyone at that age, and often not exposed in a good way. I mean, I didn't really get an ideal understanding of it till after high school, mainly from here on PC because obviously in Alabama, I'm only hearing the negatives, not the positives, not the harsh treatment homosexuals get, etc.

...Well then. /ramble
__________________
  #2005    
Old January 25th, 2012 (3:29 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
I Will Be Your Shield
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Blizzard World
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 6,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I can't understand that story cause you have every person listed as "my friend but not that friend the other friend", lol. You should give them fake names.
THERE, fake names just for you. Meet Snow White, Cinderella and Taylor Lautner. Yeah, they're my peeps. You jelly?

@Sydian - I understand that, lol. I'M STILL GOING TO MENTALLY PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE. But, again, I haven't actually seen it happening, just heard that it apparently happened. Plus, I'm still not sure if that friend was actually involved in all of it, or he just happened to be there, or whatever. BUT if it does turn out that he is, and then I see people making fun of him, I shall RAGE.
Haha, I don't think anybody there has ever seen me truly rage. The one time that I ever did, I think, was . . . a few years ago, maybe around fifth grade. I forget what it was about, BUT LET'S JUST SAY THOSE KIDS DIDN'T BOTHER ME AGAIN. xD
"especially at your age" . . . *blinks* Gawd, don't say that. It tends to bug me a lot because when people actually say that their like "oh, you're only thirteen, you still need to learn how to comprehend the most basic features of the world." RAGEFACE >:C I may be thirteen, but that doesn't mean I'm a "child" per se.
__________________
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn
PC Hearthstone: Come Fite Us, M8


Under Renovations
  #2006    
Old January 25th, 2012 (3:58 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
detective prince.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 25
Nature: Timid
Posts: 31,640
Quote:
"especially at your age" . . . *blinks* Gawd, don't say that. It tends to bug me a lot because when people actually say that their like "oh, you're only thirteen, you still need to learn how to comprehend the most basic features of the world." RAGEFACE >:C I may be thirteen, but that doesn't mean I'm a "child" per se.
But only thirteen year olds say "Gawd"! It's not really directed at you per se. The majority of that age group has a lot of growing up to do. Not everyone at your age understands as much as you might, which is what I meant. Not you specifically, lol. Clearly you understand this kind of stuff, especially being a member of this club yourself. Your peers though, likely not so much.
__________________
  #2007    
Old January 25th, 2012 (4:36 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
I Will Be Your Shield
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Blizzard World
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 6,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

But only thirteen year olds say "Gawd"! It's not really directed at you per se. The majority of that age group has a lot of growing up to do. Not everyone at your age understands as much as you might, which is what I meant. Not you specifically, lol. Clearly you understand this kind of stuff, especially being a member of this club yourself. Your peers though, likely not so much.
Yet older people say some weird things too! :P Yeah, I get that. I mean . . . I don't really socialize much, less with people my age actually, so I don't quite know what all the other kids my age understand, although I think more understand it than not, surprisingly(at least certain aspects of the subject, lol), so I can't really speak for them . . . but . . . whatever, lol.
I guess it just kinda bugs me when people say I can't understand something just because I'm thirteen, which actually doesn't happen often, more today than most. I kind of just went off at Kura for it, lol.

. . . we need another topic to discuss . . . but I'm crap at coming up with them . . . *whistles* So, how we all doin' on this fine day of January?
__________________
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn
PC Hearthstone: Come Fite Us, M8


Under Renovations
  #2008    
Old January 25th, 2012 (7:13 PM).
Magdalena~'s Avatar
Magdalena~ Magdalena~ is offline
Feel the hnnnnggg
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: Wisconsin
    Age: 24
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 127
    I have to be relied upon for everything. I'll make us a new topic. <3

    What kind of homophobic or transphobic bullying or crime have you personally witnessed, and how did you respond to it? Have you ever been bullied, and if so, did someone help you?

    Not exactly a happy-go-lucky topic, I know. Deal with it. ^^
    __________________
    #167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
    Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
    1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

    It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
    waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

    Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
    Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
    Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
    Cry
    Other names:

    jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
    de: Webarak
    fr: Mimigal
    ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)
      #2009    
    Old January 25th, 2012 (7:38 PM).
    -Jared-'s Avatar
    -Jared- -Jared- is offline
    Certified Responsible Adult
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Northern California
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 1,820
    I've been rather lucky, as I have never witnessed or experienced any form of bullying due to my sexuality. My high school was very chill with all sorts of people. The worst thing I ever witnessed was after Brokeback Mountain was released and this one guy in my history class said he thought the movie was gross. He was immediately intimidated into submission by the girl sitting in front of him. xDDD It was rather humorous. So yeah, that is the worst I have seen.

    As for outside of high school, well, I don't get out much. xD
    __________________
      #2010    
    Old January 25th, 2012 (7:53 PM).
    Usagi-Chan~'s Avatar
    Usagi-Chan~ Usagi-Chan~ is offline
    What are you doing my love?
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Location: US
      Age: 20
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 626
      What kind of homophobic or transphobic bullying or crime have you personally witnessed, and how did you respond to it? Have you ever been bullied, and if so, did someone help you?


      Well, I haven't seen any bullying recently unless you count everything about LGBT's any republican candidate says, I did experience some myself in like, 4th grade, but that is a different story. Although tonight out my scout meeting I did see some positive stuff, so I'll finish off in a spoiler ^__^
      Spoiler:
      Some background, I'm the youngest out of the older Boy Scouts in my troop that are getting ready for Eagle, the highest rank possible. We were working on our "Family Life" merit badge. One question on our sheets came up about who to talk to about sex stuff and addictions. We have to discuss (all of us at once) with our Scout Master about the subject and he mentioned that at the teenage age (?) girls can become addictions (Like ignoring your friends and stuff for a relationship) and that we (the older boys) would probably be experiencing that stuff soon (we all looked at my crush our friend Chris, who has a girlfriend). During that part I just kept writing information on my paper not trying to pull off a bad poker face, and someone made a comment about coming in with a girl on your arm and my crush Chris said or whatever floats your boat and my scoutmaster was like or bring in a guy on your arm, I really don't care (a bunch of the younger kids were grossed out by this, but there little so I could care less). Which is cool cause the BSA is like totally not for promoting LGBT and stuff and that could get you in a tad bit of trouble. (if I'm remember right)

      Hope I didn't waste anyone's time with the story, I just thought it was neat!
      __________________
      MIDDLE FINGERS UP, PUT EM HANDS HIGH

      WAVE IT IN HIS FACE, TELL HIM BOY BYE
      DOWNLOAD LEMONADE THE VISUAL ALBUM ON ITUNES
      STREAM LEMONADE THE VISUAL ALBUM ON TIDAL
      WATCH FORMATION (DIRTY)
      SEE BEYONCÉ LIVE ON THE FORMATION WORLD TOUR 2016
        #2011    
      Old January 25th, 2012 (8:10 PM). Edited January 25th, 2012 by Shining Raichu.
      Shining Raichu's Avatar
      Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
      Expect me like you expect Jesus.
       
      Join Date: Feb 2011
      Location: Australia
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 8,990
      lmao @ geography lesson. I'm so derpy sometimes XD

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
      Wouldn't it be better to argue that it doesn't matter if it's a choice because it's not hurting anyone and it's no one's business what your orientation is? If you say it's not a choice ever that's kind of like saying it has to be tolerated only because no one can help it, but if it were a choice it would be okay to persecute.
      Right, well this is exactly my point: in an ideal world, it wouldn't matter whether or not it was a choice. But as I said, this is not an ideal world. We live in a world full of all different kinds of people, and for some perverse reason all of these people - a fair portion of whom are bigots - have the power to vote on whether we get the rights we should never have been without. The bigots who would vote no do so because they're convinced this is something we chose for the sake of rebelling against God or their precious societal norms or whatever it is they think we wish to defy; and they think because we chose it we can un-choose it, and therefore we shouldn't get the same recognition until we do.

      The only way we can combat this is by trying to convince them (as is true) that this is not something over which we ever had any power. And we have built a whole movement around this very premise. So for somebody to then come out and say "I did choose this" sends the public very mixed messages and undermines everything we're trying to do... and for what purpose? Arguing that it's none of their business and should be tolerated either way (while also very true) would just not be effective and come off self-righteous - especially since the proportion of people for whom it is a choice would be staggeringly small.

      I mean, good for her - personally I don't care whether she chose to be gay or if she was born that way, but I think her coming out with it was rather pointless and detrimental... because the reality is that we live in a world where it does matter. I think, well-intentioned as it was, this was just really not a smart move. If we're ever going to get anywhere, we have to think pragmatically, not passionately.
      __________________
      Moderator of General Chat
        #2012    
      Old January 25th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
      Pudz's Avatar
      Pudz Pudz is offline
      Incredible Edible Vegetarian
         
        Join Date: Jan 2012
        Location: Westland, Michigan
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 55
        What kind of homophobic or transphobic bullying or crime have you personally witnessed, and how did you respond to it? Have you ever been bullied, and if so, did someone help you?

        For all the downers that there were to taking twenty-seven years to come out, one of them was the fact there was very little prejudice or bullying with regards to my gender issues when I was growing up ~ cause, well... nobody knew about it. It wasn't the worlds best trade off, really; I'd have accepted a decade of bullying if it had meant I got to be myself at seventeen instead of twenty-seven, but alas, I digress.

        In terms of /since/ coming out, I haven't really had to deal with anything either. Then again, I'm rarely outside the company of my ex, and she takes pretty good care of me.
          #2013    
        Old January 26th, 2012 (8:40 AM).
        Esper's Avatar
        Esper Esper is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2009
        Location: California
        Posts: 10,753
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
        Right, well this is exactly my point: in an ideal world, it wouldn't matter whether or not it was a choice. But as I said, this is not an ideal world. We live in a world full of all different kinds of people, and for some perverse reason all of these people - a fair portion of whom are bigots - have the power to vote on whether we get the rights we should never have been without. The bigots who would vote no do so because they're convinced this is something we chose for the sake of rebelling against God or their precious societal norms or whatever it is they think we wish to defy; and they think because we chose it we can un-choose it, and therefore we shouldn't get the same recognition until we do.

        The only way we can combat this is by trying to convince them (as is true) that this is not something over which we ever had any power. And we have built a whole movement around this very premise. So for somebody to then come out and say "I did choose this" sends the public very mixed messages and undermines everything we're trying to do... and for what purpose? Arguing that it's none of their business and should be tolerated either way (while also very true) would just not be effective and come off self-righteous - especially since the proportion of people for whom it is a choice would be staggeringly small.

        I mean, good for her - personally I don't care whether she chose to be gay or if she was born that way, but I think her coming out with it was rather pointless and detrimental... because the reality is that we live in a world where it does matter. I think, well-intentioned as it was, this was just really not a smart move. If we're ever going to get anywhere, we have to think pragmatically, not passionately.
        See, that's what I think part of the problem is. We've built the whole idea on the notion that no one can choose. It's a defensive stance. It reinforces the idea that only those things that are beyond people's control should be protected instead of using a better measure of things-that-don't-hurt-anyone should be protected. In general that's not a good way to look at the world. "It wasn't my choice" is not very far from "It wasn't my fault."

        I also think it has the potential to alienate anyone who is confused or questioning or curious about their sexuality. Right now the message is: when you're young it's okay to be unsure, but once you grow up you'll now what you are and that'll never change. If someone does have some change in their feelings or identity beyond those initial years of puberty the message we put out there says "Well, if you think you're gay now it must mean that you were gay all along and didn't know it." I don't think that's a fair thing to say to a person. I think it ridicules their life up to that point by implying they were using a "false" sexuality or something along those lines. I'd also hate to see someone who might feel curious about their sexuality being forced back into a "No, I'm straight, I can't" mentality. That's bad for them mentally and emotionally.

        I get that it's easier to get people to allow something if we say "It's not a choice," but that marginalizes people within an already marginalized group.
        __________________
          #2014    
        Old January 26th, 2012 (8:54 AM).
        Sydian's Avatar
        Sydian Sydian is offline
        detective prince.
         
        Join Date: Feb 2008
        Location: Alabama
        Age: 25
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 31,640
        What kind of homophobic or transphobic bullying or crime have you personally witnessed, and how did you respond to it? Have you ever been bullied, and if so, did someone help you?

        I've seen indirect bullying...more like just talking bad about someone. On the bus, some guy was making fun of the guy that was on our danceline/colorguard and he was calling him the unholy f word, so I got up and yelled at him. And I've actually been bullied for being gay, even though I'm not. I was at a new school that year (and thankfully that was the ONLY year I was there) and I was bullied for being gay because I hung out with ONE person that was the same sex as me. Yeah, cause that obviously makes me gay. :| No one stood up for me though. I hated that school lol. ...I still do... :3
        __________________
          #2015    
        Old January 26th, 2012 (10:33 AM).
        Perriechu's Avatar
        Perriechu Perriechu is offline
        no more sad songs
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Location: England
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 4,074
        What kind of homophobic or transphobic bullying or crime have you personally witnessed, and how did you respond to it? Have you ever been bullied, and if so, did someone help you?

        I've never actually seen anyone bully anyone who's actually homosexual. Around where I live it's like mainstream to be Bi-sexual now, so no one is really bullied. People who are actually straight but act effeminate or masculine get called everything meaning gay. Which usually ends up all messy in the end. ): oh, look, i posted in this thread since joining. :o
        __________________
        twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
          #2016    
        Old January 26th, 2012 (11:05 AM).
        Railgun's Avatar
        Railgun Railgun is offline
        Ever Day Another New Adventure
           
          Join Date: Dec 2011
          Location: Newton
          Age: 27
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 432
          There was the poor asian kid who got beat up by a gang outside of a school. Now I'm not 100 % sure if it was due to him being gay but still a horrible thing. Now I did not witness it first hand but if I did I swear I would of jumped in to project him. I know for me I was bullied and I fought the kid and stabbed him with my pen. After that I had to switch schools.
          __________________
            #2017    
          Old January 26th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
          Keiran's Avatar
          Keiran Keiran is online now
          [b]Rock Solid[/b]
             
            Join Date: Apr 2011
            Location: New Jersey
            Age: 26
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 2,443
            What kind of homophobic or transphobic bullying or crime have you personally witnessed, and how did you respond to it? Have you ever been bullied, and if so, did someone help you?

            Story time!
            Spoiler:
            On the first day of 11th grade, 2 childhood friends of mine that were brothers (both gay, 1 year apart) moved back to our district after going to another school for 3 years. I was happy to see them back, but some jerks weren't. I saw the two bullying them after school, saying mean things and throwing those little orange bibles a local church hands out to kids at them. So I went up to them and wooped their asses (blue belt in taekwando at the time!). They were a year under me but they were notorious for bullying. I think their family was super christian. I got a week of morning detention, but they got two weeks of after school AND a saturday detention- so it was definitely worth it!


            I've never been personally bullied myself.
            __________________
            Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

            When kings upon the main have clung to pride
            And held themselves as masters of the sea
            I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
            Till they have learned that no one masters me
              #2018    
            Old January 26th, 2012 (5:23 PM).
            TwiDragon's Avatar
            TwiDragon TwiDragon is offline
            The fun shawl be doubled!
               
              Join Date: Dec 2011
              Location: Virginia, USA
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 367
              Hello all! I would like to join this club :3

              I'm a bisexual male.
              I'm always interested in news related to the LGBTS!

              I don't have much of an introduction, sorry :x
              __________________
                #2019    
              Old January 26th, 2012 (7:42 PM).
              Shining Raichu's Avatar
              Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
              Expect me like you expect Jesus.
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 8,990
              Aaaa I have so much replying to do but I completely forgot about the LGBT Club until about five minutes before I have to leave for work, as always tends to happen in the daytime :P anyway just wanted to drop by and say a quick welcome to TwiDragon :) So, welcome! I'll add your name to the list now and I'll do everything else tonight!
              __________________
              Moderator of General Chat
                #2020    
              Old January 26th, 2012 (9:23 PM).
              Jellicent♀'s Avatar
              Jellicent♀ Jellicent♀ is offline
               
              Join Date: Jan 2012
              Location: Laverre City
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 2,613
              Hola everyone. I believe I'd like to join the club, too!

              I'm a gay guy in Louisiana, so seeing a support group or club of any kind is quite a rare thing here,, so when I saw you had one here, I decided to join!
              (Of course I lurked for a while, first)
                #2021    
              Old January 26th, 2012 (10:01 PM).
              Pudz's Avatar
              Pudz Pudz is offline
              Incredible Edible Vegetarian
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2012
                Location: Westland, Michigan
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 55
                I was hoping you'd join, Jellicent!
                  #2022    
                Old January 26th, 2012 (10:10 PM).
                TwiDragon's Avatar
                TwiDragon TwiDragon is offline
                The fun shawl be doubled!
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                  Location: Virginia, USA
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 367
                  ^^I wouldn't be able to live long down there without loosing my mind. There are a lot of ignorant news storys from there that really make me mad.

                  Even though I'm in the "south". I'm in a very open area.
                  30 minutes away from a LGBT charity shop (If youve been to Richmond, you know what I'm talking about), and having one of the biggest GSA's in the state (county wise)

                  Hopefully you've lived through it pretty fairly :3
                  __________________
                    #2023    
                  Old January 26th, 2012 (10:32 PM).
                  Jellicent♀'s Avatar
                  Jellicent♀ Jellicent♀ is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2012
                  Location: Laverre City
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 2,613
                  Haha, thanks, Pudz!

                  @TwiDragon: Ya know, it isn't as bad down here as the media makes it out to be. The only stories you see on the news are the more extreme ones. Usually we're met with decent support. The only reason the schools don't have very many GSA clubs is that it's the parents who go into uproar about it.
                  I am fortunate enough to have a very supporting family (with exceptions to my grandmother), so I really think that has helped a whole heck of a lot.

                  I've met bullies about it, but once they realized they just couldn't get to me, they backed off. I had the support of friends when it came to stuff like bullies, though. One of my friends at the time towered over everyone at school, seeing that he was 6 feet and 7 inches tall! So, when I was around him, no one bothered me too much.
                    #2024    
                  Old January 26th, 2012 (10:38 PM).
                  TwiDragon's Avatar
                  TwiDragon TwiDragon is offline
                  The fun shawl be doubled!
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2011
                    Location: Virginia, USA
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 367
                    ^I see, maybe I never dealt with bullying about it (besides immature elementary school stuff) is because I came out just last September. I was already situated with everyone I knew, and I had a supporting family.

                    Also, I made a thread in the poll section. It sort of relates to the group, and I would like any support I can get. Thanks ^-^
                    __________________
                      #2025    
                    Old January 26th, 2012 (11:29 PM).
                    Alice's Avatar
                    Alice Alice is offline
                    (>^.(>0.0)>
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                    Location: Oregon
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 3,079
                    I actually kind of wish I had been out in high school, just so I could have joined the GSA. As far as I know, I've still never met a gay person in my life, lol. Then again, I never once had to deal with any bullying of any kind, so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to give them ammunition like that. (I would have been a really easy target back in high school... but no one ever paid attention to me, thankfully.)

                    Hopefully there's one at the college I go to next year.
                     

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:29 PM.