Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old January 25th, 2012 (1:44 PM).
Olli's Avatar
Olli Olli is offline
I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post


I have to use the userbar program for the words and to shrink the pics, but other than that its all from scratch.
In that case it's up to flubbateios to decide how many points you should be rewarded n_n

However, I believe it's time for a new topic, so here we go.

Which of the Hoenn legendaries do you believe is the best and why?

You can base it on their stats, movepool, or simply on your own individual opinion on the Pokémon. You can optionally choose to supply with a list, listing from the best to the worst in your personal opinion, or you can just state why you think the one you chose is the best.
__________________
Not removing this from my signature!


Relevant Advertising!

  #27    
Old January 25th, 2012 (1:47 PM).
(Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
(Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post

Which of the Hoenn legendaries do you believe is the best and why?

You can base it on their stats, movepool, or simply on your own individual opinion on the Pokémon. You can optionally choose to supply with a list, listing from the best to the worst in your personal opinion, or you can just state why you think the one you chose is the best.
Oh my gosh, the Regi trio. They're my favorite legendaries, period, including the trio master, but that's off on another topic.

But I'm more of the golem loving type. Their defenses are great, and I just love their design and little side story to them. Their movepools suit them very well, even though they may not be the most varied, they get their specific jobs done.
__________________
"I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
Instagram
  #28    
Old January 25th, 2012 (1:50 PM).
Cosmotone8 Cosmotone8 is offline
silhouette of the past
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 1,787
    I'll go with Deoxys. Its so versatile and can adapt to your needs. Plus, it has a cool design
    __________________
    I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
    Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
    I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
    But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
    So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

      #29    
    Old January 25th, 2012 (4:57 PM).
    ikaroschase's Avatar
    ikaroschase ikaroschase is offline
    サンダース the crackling of sparks
       
      Join Date: Dec 2011
      Location: singapore
      Age: 22
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 290
      Name: ikaroschase
      Partner Pokemon: scarf the swellow
      How Active you will be (1-10): 8! (:

      finally! a hoenn club :DDDDD
      __________________

        #30    
      Old January 25th, 2012 (11:42 PM).
      flubbateios's Avatar
      flubbateios flubbateios is offline
      Woof.
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Location: Over There
      Age: 6
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Docile
      Posts: 282
      Everything (of the week ) will be changed , and userbar points will be awarded on Saturday


      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
      Guess what? I made some userbars! Click on the spoilers to open them and their download links!

      Spoiler:


      http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7894&pictureid=62903

      Spoiler:


      http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7894&pictureid=62902

      Spoiler:


      http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7894&pictureid=62901

      Spoiler:


      http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7894&pictureid=62900

      Spoiler:


      http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7894&pictureid=62899


      Man that was a lot of work... Hope you put them to good use!
      Thank You ! And that would be 50 points . That is what I meant

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Xulek
      Wow those are great Cosmotone lol, which one to pick though I have no idea in all honesty lol.
      Indeed

      Quote:
      The first starter I picked was Mudkip, and that was because a magazine suggested I do so. Now I like all three equally. I love their evolutions, I love their movepools, so to me, I try to rotate which one I use every time I play the games
      I picked Mudkip after failing with Treecko. Now I'm resetting to try a Sapphire with Torchic . So, I Will get to see how good Torchic is
      __________________


      [/SIZE]
        #31    
      Old January 26th, 2012 (12:05 AM).
      ナギ's Avatar
      ナギ ナギ is offline
      P r e p a r e .
         
        Join Date: May 2010
        Location: UTC+2
        Age: 22
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 345
        wow, nice userbars! great job c:

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by flubbateios
        Haha, I made a mistake, you got 7/10
        ... you're not just saying that right? i really did get 7/10? XD;
        but yay! that's pretty much what i expected i'd get, so yeah. BRING ON THE NEXT ONE!

        BEST LEGENDARY?
        i personally base my judgment of pokémon almost completely off their design, so on that note, i'd have to say my favourites are the legendary trio of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. They just look so awesome to me ~
        and i'm pretty sure the three of them can pack a punch, too c:
        __________________
        -- i don't need promises.
          #32    
        Old January 26th, 2012 (4:37 AM).
        Avishka's Avatar
        Avishka Avishka is offline
        ...
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Age: 19
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 2,161
        great userbars Cosmotone!!
        What is your favorite Hoenn Pokemon ?
        Sceptile,Mudkip

        What is your favorite game (R/S/E) ?
        Pokémon Emerald
        __________________
        ...
          #33    
        Old January 26th, 2012 (1:02 PM).
        Olli's Avatar
        Olli Olli is offline
        I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Skyloft
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 2,613
        Which of the Hoenn legendaries do you believe is the best and why?

        This is probably one of the hardest choices for me, as there were 10 legendaries introduced in this generation and I just love all of them so much. I think I'm gonna split this up into three categories consisting of:

        The Weather Trio (Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza)
        The Regi Trio (kinda given, but Regirock, Registeel and Regice)
        The last four Pokémon (Latias, Latios, Jirachi and Deoxys)

        The Weather Trio is probably the hardest one for me to decide in, as they all three are really special and have some of my favourite legendary designs. The first time I ever saw one of the games was when one of my friends was playing his Sapphire, so the first of the third gen legendaries I ever got to see was naturally Kyogre. The design really appealed to me with all the marks and signs on its body, and the events you had to go through to obtain it was a lot better than the usual ones I'd seen in previous games, so I instantly fell in love.
        The fact that a Water type Pokémon could use a move like Thunder was also really new to me, so the moves it learned was another thing that made me like it so much.
        One more thing I remember was, that neither me nor my friends knew how in the world its name was pronounced, so we came up with a number of ridiculous ways on how to pronounce it. It wasn't untill one of my friends had seen the anime episode in which Kyogre were that we learned how to pronounce it.

        But of course I'd have to see some of the other legendaries at one point and the next one was Groudon, after I had gotten my copy of Ruby. I was amazed because its design was a whole lot better than Kyogre's imo, and I liked the pattern of the marks a lot better than Kyogre's, so its design was most definitely a win in this situation.
        The fact that it had so many advantages with its Fire/Ground dual type also played a role in my opinion on it, as it was the strongest Pokémon in my E4 team, and I ended up loving it even more than I ever liked Kyogre.

        Oh, the memories I had with Rayquaza. The Sky Tower was the one thing that most of my friends had trouble with, and I was apparently the only one who ever succeeded in going through it, so whenever people got to that point in the game they'd come bugging me for help.
        Anyways, Rayquaza is probably the Pokémon of the Weather Trio with the best design imo. The marks don't look as great as Groudon's, but there's something about the big, ferocious that I just really like.
        Its movepool isn't bad either, in fact, I really like its moves, though it's one of those Pokémon I never got to learn that much about.
        I didn't get to learn how to pronounce Rayquaza's name either, untill I learned some proper English.

        In the end I'd have to list them like this for the memories and my personal opinion on them:


        1. Groudon, for the best designed body marks and great typing with great moves and not to mention that it's the one I've had the most time with

        2. Rayquaza, for the most badass and awesome design with great moves and great stats, while also being the most difficult and fun to catch.

        3. Kyogre, for being the one I've had the least experiences with and the one whose design I like the least. Probs to the mark design and the Thunder move though.



        The Regi Trio is another matter, though, as I never got to catch any of them on my own game, as I didn't get to know about them untill I had lost my game. One thing I know for certain is that they're extremely hard to catch, one thing that I really hated about them.
        I really like how they were hidden inside caves in seemingly normal background tiles, and all the things you had to do to get them. I honestly don't remember how we found out, as neither me nor my friends knew any English at the time we played the games.
        I don't really have that much to say about each of them individually, as I never got to know that much about them, though I'm still gonna give a list based on their designs.


        1. Regice, because of its splendid design. I always pictured it as the leader of the 3 for some reason, but that's mostly based on its strenght.

        2. Regirock, since its design is a bit more thought out than Registeel's, yet it's still not the best design.

        3. Registeel, I honestly think they should've used a little more time on its design. It isn't bad, but compared to the other legendaries it isn't super good either.



        Now, I put the last 4 together in one category, as I didn't want to make them 2 seperate with 2 in each, since I just think it wouldn't fit in and I'm just gonna put Latias and Latios together, as they're almost the same. Since 2 of them are event Pokémon and only one of the eons is accessible in each game (except Emerald, but then you'd also need something from an event), I'm not gonna be saying that much to each of them either.

        Latios, the awesome big brother to Latias who sacrificed himself to save Altomare from getting flooded by a tsunami in the fifth Pokémon movie.
        Latios is one of my favourite's of the 10 legendaries, based a lot on his heroic act in the movie, but also based on his super design. The same thing basically goes to Latias, as their designs are mostly the same, though I picture Latias as the cuter one of them.

        I was totally in love with Jirachi's design the first time I saw it, and I still like it very much. I also really liked its personality in Wish Maker, as the childish Pokémon personalities always have been my favourites. I also pictured Jirachi as the Mew of the third Generation, as I thought it resembled Mew much in both personality and appearance.

        I actually never really liked Deoxys' design, I don't know why, but I just don't really like it. I guess it's meant to look a bit weird, as it is a space Pokémon and we all know that everything coming from space looks weird. Destiny Deoxys is one of the movies I have yet to see, so I don't have anything to say about the movie, though I imagine it's pretty good. As far as roles go, I pictured Deoxys as the Mewtwo of the third generation, simply because I thought it fitted Deoxys.


        1. Jirachi, mostly because of its personality in the movie, as it was one of the things I liked so much, but also because I like its design and a lot because of its cuteness.

        2. Latias/Latios, because of their great concept. Their sibling relation was something really original to Pokémon and a concept that'd be hard to top.

        3. Deoxys, because I don't really like its design and because I never really got to know it that much. This might change once I've seen the movie, but for now, this it how it is.
        __________________
        Not removing this from my signature!

          #34    
        Old January 27th, 2012 (6:22 AM).
        Squirrel's Avatar
        Squirrel Squirrel is offline
        She keeps receipts~
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Location: England
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 9,489
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
        Which of the Hoenn legendaries do you believe is the best and why?

        Spoiler:
        This is probably one of the hardest choices for me, as there were 10 legendaries introduced in this generation and I just love all of them so much. I think I'm gonna split this up into three categories consisting of:

        The Weather Trio (Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza)
        The Regi Trio (kinda given, but Regirock, Registeel and Regice)
        The last four Pokémon (Latias, Latios, Jirachi and Deoxys)

        The Weather Trio is probably the hardest one for me to decide in, as they all three are really special and have some of my favourite legendary designs. The first time I ever saw one of the games was when one of my friends was playing his Sapphire, so the first of the third gen legendaries I ever got to see was naturally Kyogre. The design really appealed to me with all the marks and signs on its body, and the events you had to go through to obtain it was a lot better than the usual ones I'd seen in previous games, so I instantly fell in love.
        The fact that a Water type Pokémon could use a move like Thunder was also really new to me, so the moves it learned was another thing that made me like it so much.
        One more thing I remember was, that neither me nor my friends knew how in the world its name was pronounced, so we came up with a number of ridiculous ways on how to pronounce it. It wasn't untill one of my friends had seen the anime episode in which Kyogre were that we learned how to pronounce it.

        But of course I'd have to see some of the other legendaries at one point and the next one was Groudon, after I had gotten my copy of Ruby. I was amazed because its design was a whole lot better than Kyogre's imo, and I liked the pattern of the marks a lot better than Kyogre's, so its design was most definitely a win in this situation.
        The fact that it had so many advantages with its Fire/Ground dual type also played a role in my opinion on it, as it was the strongest Pokémon in my E4 team, and I ended up loving it even more than I ever liked Kyogre.

        Oh, the memories I had with Rayquaza. The Sky Tower was the one thing that most of my friends had trouble with, and I was apparently the only one who ever succeeded in going through it, so whenever people got to that point in the game they'd come bugging me for help.
        Anyways, Rayquaza is probably the Pokémon of the Weather Trio with the best design imo. The marks don't look as great as Groudon's, but there's something about the big, ferocious that I just really like.
        Its movepool isn't bad either, in fact, I really like its moves, though it's one of those Pokémon I never got to learn that much about.
        I didn't get to learn how to pronounce Rayquaza's name either, untill I learned some proper English.

        In the end I'd have to list them like this for the memories and my personal opinion on them:


        1. Groudon, for the best designed body marks and great typing with great moves and not to mention that it's the one I've had the most time with

        2. Rayquaza, for the most badass and awesome design with great moves and great stats, while also being the most difficult and fun to catch.

        3. Kyogre, for being the one I've had the least experiences with and the one whose design I like the least. Probs to the mark design and the Thunder move though.



        The Regi Trio is another matter, though, as I never got to catch any of them on my own game, as I didn't get to know about them untill I had lost my game. One thing I know for certain is that they're extremely hard to catch, one thing that I really hated about them.
        I really like how they were hidden inside caves in seemingly normal background tiles, and all the things you had to do to get them. I honestly don't remember how we found out, as neither me nor my friends knew any English at the time we played the games.
        I don't really have that much to say about each of them individually, as I never got to know that much about them, though I'm still gonna give a list based on their designs.


        1. Regice, because of its splendid design. I always pictured it as the leader of the 3 for some reason, but that's mostly based on its strenght.

        2. Regirock, since its design is a bit more thought out than Registeel's, yet it's still not the best design.

        3. Registeel, I honestly think they should've used a little more time on its design. It isn't bad, but compared to the other legendaries it isn't super good either.



        Now, I put the last 4 together in one category, as I didn't want to make them 2 seperate with 2 in each, since I just think it wouldn't fit in and I'm just gonna put Latias and Latios together, as they're almost the same. Since 2 of them are event Pokémon and only one of the eons is accessible in each game (except Emerald, but then you'd also need something from an event), I'm not gonna be saying that much to each of them either.

        Latios, the awesome big brother to Latias who sacrificed himself to save Altomare from getting flooded by a tsunami in the fifth Pokémon movie.
        Latios is one of my favourite's of the 10 legendaries, based a lot on his heroic act in the movie, but also based on his super design. The same thing basically goes to Latias, as their designs are mostly the same, though I picture Latias as the cuter one of them.

        I was totally in love with Jirachi's design the first time I saw it, and I still like it very much. I also really liked its personality in Wish Maker, as the childish Pokémon personalities always have been my favourites. I also pictured Jirachi as the Mew of the third Generation, as I thought it resembled Mew much in both personality and appearance.

        I actually never really liked Deoxys' design, I don't know why, but I just don't really like it. I guess it's meant to look a bit weird, as it is a space Pokémon and we all know that everything coming from space looks weird. Destiny Deoxys is one of the movies I have yet to see, so I don't have anything to say about the movie, though I imagine it's pretty good. As far as roles go, I pictured Deoxys as the Mewtwo of the third generation, simply because I thought it fitted Deoxys.


        1. Jirachi, mostly because of its personality in the movie, as it was one of the things I liked so much, but also because I like its design and a lot because of its cuteness.

        2. Latias/Latios, because of their great concept. Their sibling relation was something really original to Pokémon and a concept that'd be hard to top.

        3. Deoxys, because I don't really like its design and because I never really got to know it that much. This might change once I've seen the movie, but for now, this it how it is.
        I agree completely with you on half of these, although you never said which you prefer overall? :o My favourite weather legendary is most certainly Groudon. I don't like Kyogre due to all the hype surrounding it, plus the way it looks. :/ And Rayquaza for some reason never appealed to me - I think that's down to its typing more than anything. Groudon however looks awe-inspiring, and has the ever useful Ground typing! Plus it learns Thunderbolt which is just hilarious. It's a shame about the weather trio in my eyes though, they had potential :<

        As for the Regiis... I don't really have much of an opinion on those at all :3 They're not really Pokemon that interest me. I don't know much about their stats or move pools, but based on typing I'd go with Regice. Steel isn't a great type to have on its own, especially for a legendary, and I've never been that big a fan of Rock types. Based on looks however, I think it goes in the reverse order. Registeel looks amazing, closely followed by the more archaic Regirock, then trailing waaay behind is the walking ice burg that is Regice - I really don't like that one's design. :3 So over all... I guess Regirock comes out on top!

        As for the other four legendaries... I really don't like Deoxys; its stats seem just too good in my opinion. Plus it doesn't look great and its concept seems too... I don't know the correct word, but I'm not a fan haha. I guess being based on DNA is kinda cool though! Next Jirachi... Jirachi is an absolute pain in the bottom to fight competitively, and yet its still not something I'd consider using - it just doesn't fit my battle style I guess. Although it is kind of cute... I think if it didn't have those tear-marks under its eyes, it might be higher up for me. Latios is next with a good move pool and great stats, the only problem is the way it always looks so serious/grumpy... It really puts me off loving it D: But as a battler, it is amazing! Rivaled only by my next choice (and overall winner), Latias! This Pokemon is an amazing battler, topped only by its unending beauty and cuteness! Its a real shame about its signature move not being overly useful, but I don't think it needs it! Latias is a truly amazing Pokemon on many ways, therefore making it my favourite Hoenn legendary. ^^
        __________________
          #35    
        Old January 27th, 2012 (9:46 AM).
        flubbateios's Avatar
        flubbateios flubbateios is offline
        Woof.
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: Over There
        Age: 6
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Docile
        Posts: 282
        ikaroschase: You scored
        Spoiler:
        6/10, 11 points
        in the Week 1 Quiz, answers tomorrow ! :D
        __________________


        [/SIZE]
          #36    
        Old January 28th, 2012 (1:18 AM).
        ShadowE's Avatar
        ShadowE ShadowE is offline
        They never cared about me~
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2011
        Location: Dutchland, Netherlands, tiny EU country
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 5,813
        Username: ShadowExcadrill
        Partner Pokémon: Leviathan the Rayquaza
        How active you will be: I dunno, depends often
        __________________
        uhm.......
          #37    
        Old January 28th, 2012 (1:28 AM).
        flubbateios's Avatar
        flubbateios flubbateios is offline
        Woof.
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: Over There
        Age: 6
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Docile
        Posts: 282
        Welcome to the club Shadow :D

        Anyways, Pokemon of the Week is now Spoink ! The results for the weekly quiz are...

        How many pokemon are there in Hoenn ?
        Spoiler:
        202


        Rayquaza comes at lvl ... in R/S/E
        Spoiler:
        70


        Hariyama's stat total is ?
        Spoiler:
        474


        Vital Throw is... (check everything that applies to this move)
        Spoiler:
        Fighting, Power 70, Less Priority


        Salamence learns fly by .. ? (check all methods)
        Spoiler:
        TM/HM,Level Up


        Who is Team Aqua's Leader ?
        Spoiler:
        Archie


        How many people are there in Lilycove City ?
        Spoiler:
        123


        What color is shiny Azurill
        Spoiler:
        Green


        How many cities/towns are there in Hoenn without a gym (E4 does not count as a gym)
        Spoiler:
        8


        Who is the Frontier Brain of the Battle Arena in Emerald's Battle Frontier ?
        Spoiler:
        Greta


        Well done to whoever did the quiz !

        All userbar points will be awarded today
        __________________


        [/SIZE]
          #38    
        Old January 28th, 2012 (1:55 AM).
        (Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
        (Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
        ღ Fairy Wind ღ
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2012
        Location: Laverre City
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 2,654
        Darn! I completely forgot about the quiz. I had every intention of doing it, too. Oh well, it is what it is. However, i shall do the next quiz, and I shall pass with flying colors! :'D

        About the Pokemon of the Week:
        Spoink is so cute. I've only used it a few times it the games, but when I did it was very useful. Plus it's little spring is adorable! I loved the episode with it, when it lost it's pearl!
        __________________
        "I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
        Instagram
          #39    
        Old January 28th, 2012 (1:08 PM).
        flubbateios's Avatar
        flubbateios flubbateios is offline
        Woof.
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: Over There
        Age: 6
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Docile
        Posts: 282
        Basically, the way I choose a Pokemon of the Week , I get 5 random numbers from 252-386 and find the average, then look at the National Pokedex
        __________________


        [/SIZE]
          #40    
        Old January 29th, 2012 (1:26 PM).
        Squirrel's Avatar
        Squirrel Squirrel is offline
        She keeps receipts~
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Location: England
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 9,489
        Oo I never answered the favourite game bit! Out of R/S/E, my favourite is Sapphire. ^^ I've never played Emerald so that's immediately ruled out, and Sapphire beats Ruby due to having better version-exclusive Pokémon and because a world full of water beats a world full of dry land in my mind!
        __________________
          #41    
        Old January 30th, 2012 (8:52 AM).
        ナギ's Avatar
        ナギ ナギ is offline
        P r e p a r e .
           
          Join Date: May 2010
          Location: UTC+2
          Age: 22
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 345
          funny you dislike Kyogre so much even though Sapphire is your favourite game XD;

          PotW: SPOINK!
          so cuute! i used to have a Spoink in my team in Sapphire. long ago. but i think i never finished that run, and i fell in love with Gardevoir's power shortly after, so yeah. Spoink was left behind with the others in a box. sorry Spoink.. i still love you anyway!
          gotta love the Spoink sprite in Pokémon Colosseum though. somehow i remember that so vividly.. so cute! hehe.
          __________________
          -- i don't need promises.
            #42    
          Old January 30th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
          flubbateios's Avatar
          flubbateios flubbateios is offline
          Woof.
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2011
          Location: Over There
          Age: 6
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Docile
          Posts: 282
          I always liked Kyogre, but I love Groudon & Rayquaza more, I think the design is better on both Groudon and Rayquaza, Kyogre is really nice on weather teams though <3 , weigh 'em out and I'd choose Rayquaza
          __________________


          [/SIZE]
            #43    
          Old January 30th, 2012 (4:46 PM).
          Ephemeral Euphoria's Avatar
          Ephemeral Euphoria Ephemeral Euphoria is offline
             
            Join Date: Dec 2009
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3,818
            I'd probably go with Groudon over the other members of the weather trio since Drought helps out my other Pokes like Blaziken and Salamence so much lol, hell even by itself it's simply a wrecking machine imo lol.
              #44    
            Old January 30th, 2012 (5:07 PM).
            Sector Sector is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Dec 2011
              Location: Ohio
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 2,342
              Name: Sector Revenge
              Partner Pokemon: Aurora the Latias
              How Active you will be (1-10): 8.5ish?

              Favorite Hoenn Pokemon would be Latias. As for non-Legendary, Milotic all the way! How can anyone not like her? She's the queen of Beauty!

              Very first starter Pokemon was of course, Torchic, due to the fact that I love choosing Fire types in every game pretty much. I prefer Blaziken over the other two anyways.

              The strongest Hoenn Legendary? Would be Deoxys hands down, depending on you use him. But I'd always pick Latias over any of them <3

              I played Ruby a bunch, so I'd have to go with Ruby..
                #45    
              Old January 31st, 2012 (8:31 AM). Edited January 31st, 2012 by lewieboy124.
              lewieboy124
              Guest
                 
                Posts: n/a
                Please can I join....
                Name: lewieboy124
                Partner Pokemon: Swellow
                How Active will I be: 5 (mainly on weekends)

                In my opinion, the strongest Hoenn Legendary is Kyogre as it has loads of useful/powerful moves such as Body Slam and Hydro Pump.
                But because I played Pokemon Sapphire, I'm probably being biased. :3
                  #46    
                Old January 31st, 2012 (9:14 AM).
                Olli's Avatar
                Olli Olli is offline
                I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Location: Skyloft
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 2,613
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
                Name: Sector Revenge
                Partner Pokemon: Aurora the Latias
                How Active you will be (1-10): 8.5ish?

                Favorite Hoenn Pokemon would be Latias. As for non-Legendary, Milotic all the way! How can anyone not like her? She's the queen of Beauty!

                Very first starter Pokemon was of course, Torchic, due to the fact that I love choosing Fire types in every game pretty much. I prefer Blaziken over the other two anyways.

                The strongest Hoenn Legendary? Would be Deoxys hands down, depending on you use him. But I'd always pick Latias over any of them <3

                I played Ruby a bunch, so I'd have to go with Ruby..
                Welcome to the club, Sector Revenge. Have fun and stay active n_n

                It seems the female Pokémon are using their girly charm on you, though it is quite understandable that you would have fallen for them, as they are indeed great ;)
                I also like to pick a specific type of starters, though it's Grass starters in my case, but I think that Blaziken would be my favourite of the starters final evolutionary stage too.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by lewieboy124 View Post
                Please can I join....
                Name: lewieboy124
                Partner Pokemon: Swellow
                How Active will I be: 5 (mainly on weekends)

                In my opinion, the strongest Hoenn Legendary is Kyogre as it has loads of useful/powerful moves such as Body Slam and Hydro Pump.
                But because I played Pokemon Sapphire, I'm probably being biased. :3
                No need to ask, everyone who intend on following the rules are welcome, so welcome to the club, lewieboy124 :D A shame that your time in here is mostly in the weekend, though ;_;

                It doesn't matter whether your choice is biased or not, actually, as long as it's the one you believe to be the best, though Kyogre has some pretty awesome moves too ;p

                Anyways, the current topic has been going for some time now, so boy, oh boy, new topic time!

                'Which of the Hoenn Pokémon would you like to see get (pre)evolutions?'
                __________________
                Not removing this from my signature!

                  #47    
                Old January 31st, 2012 (9:07 PM).
                d4rka8isz's Avatar
                d4rka8isz d4rka8isz is offline
                Is Confused.
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2011
                  Location: California
                  Age: 19
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 276
                  Username: d4rka8isz
                  Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
                  How Active I'll Be: TBH, I have no idea. When I get on PC, I get sidetracked by a bunch of other topics here, and honestly, the groups are the last place I check.

                  As for which Pokemon need a pre-evo, I think Volbeat and Illumise could definitely have a single pre-evo that evolves into one of them depending on its gender. I also think Absol could have a pre-evo and Spinda could have an evolution.
                  __________________

                  Challenges in progress:
                  Monotype Rock
                  Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
                  I need to update faster...
                    #48    
                  Old February 1st, 2012 (12:32 PM).
                  ナギ's Avatar
                  ナギ ナギ is offline
                  P r e p a r e .
                     
                    Join Date: May 2010
                    Location: UTC+2
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 345
                    NEED EVO?
                    honestly i think d4rk above me already notes the most important pokémon that need (pr)evos.. though i disagree with Absol. but that's just me.
                    apart from those, i gotta note Tropius. I thought he could maybe use a prevolution.
                    and secondly - but not necessarily, i just thought it would be interesting.. maybe an evolution for Castform? 'cause i actually really liked the idea of a Weather-dependent pokémon, but the storyline surrounding it stopped as quickly as it started.. XD;
                    __________________
                    -- i don't need promises.
                      #49    
                    Old February 1st, 2012 (7:57 PM). Edited February 1st, 2012 by Sector.
                    Sector Sector is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2011
                      Location: Ohio
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naughty
                      Posts: 2,342
                      o
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
                      Welcome to the club, Sector Revenge. Have fun and stay active n_n

                      It seems the female Pokémon are using their girly charm on you, though it is quite understandable that you would have fallen for them, as they are indeed great
                      I also like to pick a specific type of starters, though it's Grass starters in my case, but I think that Blaziken would be my favourite of the starters final evolutionary stage too.


                      'Which of the Hoenn Pokémon would you like to see get (pre)evolutions?'
                      The female Pokemon with their Girly Charm=I need to get married now right? LOL

                      Gardevoir (Since Gallade is a male) is also a female-like Pokemon so I used her quite a bit in Ruby as well, both her, Flygon & Milotic were my favorites during that time. Flygon was way before I even started using Salamence and he won my heart over Flygon lol

                      Solrock/Lunatone(Spelled wrong?) would have excellent pre-evolutions in my opinion. They are just...empty to me with their current forms only and nothing else..
                        #50    
                      Old February 1st, 2012 (11:18 PM).
                      flubbateios's Avatar
                      flubbateios flubbateios is offline
                      Woof.
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Location: Over There
                      Age: 6
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Docile
                      Posts: 282
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by hiinotama View Post
                      NEED EVO?
                      honestly i think d4rk above me already notes the most important pokémon that need (pr)evos.. though i disagree with Absol. but that's just me.
                      apart from those, i gotta note Tropius. I thought he could maybe use a prevolution.
                      and secondly - but not necessarily, i just thought it would be interesting.. maybe an evolution for Castform? 'cause i actually really liked the idea of a Weather-dependent pokémon, but the storyline surrounding it stopped as quickly as it started.. XD;
                      I usually look pokemon up for bulbapedia if I catch them . I get Castform in my first run of Emerald and see that it does not evolve, it looks like a baby Pokemon, I think it needs an evo in some way.

                      UPDATES: Weekly Quiz week 2 is cancelled, sorry, you'll get week 3 though this Saturday
                      __________________


                      [/SIZE]
                       
                      Quick Reply

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:47 AM.